PDA

View Full Version : Anubis Ancara

Fez_The_Kid
07-03-15, 07:35 AM
Please note: This character profile is largely the same as my previous one, but I thought it was better to make a new thread.

Name: Anubis “Anu” Ancara
Race: Human
Hair Color: Inky brown
Eye Color: Pastel bold
Height: 5’9”/ 180 cm’s
Weight: 179 lbs/ 81 kg’s

Personality: Anubis is a self-centered, tentative man. People would judge him by his appearance, but their assumptions are immediately rattled after they interact with the aloof individual. Sometimes they would not take him seriously, thus eventually they would regret it. Though not dearly. He does not necessarily maul all those who cross him - simply, he would do so to the fools that would squander his time. He is also a very impatient man. Thus, as he has high temper, his actions could show off as driven, and naive at times.

In spite of this, he would take extreme lengths to protect his allies. His loyalty is ever precious as gold - as long as those whom he’s loyal to respond in kind, that is.

In two words: Anubis is an audacious lunatic.

Appearance: A man of fair skin, and gold, murky eyes. The Salvarian is known for his shoulder-length brown hair, and his clean-shaven mustache. Beneath his black, medieval trenchcoat lies an untold number of weapons, allowing him to approach, and stealthily dispatch his foes within a moment’s notice. This also applies for his hood, which he may use to avoid the revelation of his identity.

History: Originally hailing from Salvar, the man hasn't an idea of his past. He never met his parents, and thus, grew up in an orphanage in the Salvarian wilderness. What he does know, however, is that his father used to be a thief and is, in all likelihood, dead by now. As for his mother’s occupation, let alone her location, remains a mystery.

Skills: Swordsmanship - Anubis would master his skills with the sword, allowing him to handle one with graceful aptitude.

Abilities: Agility - Anubis' ability to physical situations increases twice the average agility capacity. Agility bonus can passively be activated at will. It takes approximately two turns after the Agility bonus has been activated to reactivate again. Agility requires concentration. The bonus to Agility is only active for about two-three turns.

Equipment: Anbuis’ Iron Sword
Anubis’ Oak Crossbow

Familiars: Anubis’ horse: Caesar.

Hysteria
07-11-15, 10:16 PM
hey dude, sorry about the wait.

The last two abilities are a bit odd. Normally any sword moves that aren’t magical or special in some way don't count as abilities. For example, being able to cover a sword in flame, or increase the strength of the blade are abilities. Targeting certain areas are not. Did you want to swap it out for something else?

Fez_The_Kid
07-12-15, 08:24 AM
hey dude, sorry about the wait.

The last two abilities are a bit odd. Normally any sword moves that aren’t magical or special in some way don't count as abilities. For example, being able to cover a sword in flame, or increase the strength of the blade are abilities. Targeting certain areas are not. Did you want to swap it out for something else?

That's odd. Because these abilities are unchanged since my previous approved application: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?27660-Ronrid-Gardla&highlight=

If some changes had occurred to the rules without my knowing, then I apologize.

Hysteria
07-13-15, 07:16 AM
Well, anyone with a sword can aim a strike at someone's hamstrings. It's your ability to write mixed with your characters other abilities (and some other circumstances) that should inform the other player to decide if it hits and the effect.

You could put in something about unnaturally silent movement (for example, being able to focus to the extent of limiting all sound coming from himself) for two posts, twice a day, even in the heat of battle.

Fez_The_Kid
07-13-15, 07:42 AM
Fair enough.

Edited.

Hysteria
07-14-15, 06:32 AM
Alright, if you're happy, I'm happy.

Approved!