PDA

View Full Version : price check on several things

redford
07-03-15, 02:09 PM
I'd like a price check on several things, which I'd like to post in this thread as they come up so as not to clutter the bazaar with a nonsensical amount of price checks on single items.

So, if you would help me out here....

would it be possible to write a small abandoned house in the forested area on the outskirts of Radasanth, or would I have to buy it?

and I'd like a price check on the following:

(If the house needs to be bought) : a small perhaps three room house on the outskirts of Radasanth in the woods. The house will be old and run-down, and will require a significant amount of work to be done on it. (Rusty nails, termite-eaten planks, all that jazz, new roof probably)

One anvil

A set of forging hammers and tongs

Stone enough to build a forge

coal for the forge and wood to rebuild the damaged sections of the house

and Iron and steel in bulk to forge weapons and armor.

Hysteria
07-03-15, 08:12 PM
Iron and Steel will cost 50 and 75 respectively for each unit.

As an example of sizes:

Daggers (1)
Normal sized Swords (2)
Clubs (2, ie Morningstar)
Long Swords (3)
Gauntlets (2, forarms and hands)
Boots (1, just feet)

Hammers and Tongs, 150gp should cover them.

The rest is probably better handled IC rather than OOC.

redford
07-03-15, 08:50 PM
Alright, here's what I'll do. I'll write the house and anvil, get the wood and stone from the surrounding forest, and buy the tools outright.

Do I buy those here, or do I go somewhere else to do that?

Hysteria
07-03-15, 10:25 PM
You can buy those here.

I'd suggest doing a thread where you organise to buy some materials, maybe throw in some double dealing or skullduggery to make it interesting and then get that judged with whatever spoils you like. The cost will be deducted from your GP (and up to half your exp converted to GP at a rate of 1.5x) with a discount based on score. Then do another thread where you make the weapons/armour.

In the second thread the cost of your materials, say 300gp worth of steel, changes into items. What I'd do is throw in something that makes it worth a bit more, like a low level fire enchantment (how is up to you). Your 300gp worth of steel can them become two short swords with (for example) a fire enchantment. The cost is again subracted from the threads GP with the score based discount and your resources from the previous thread used.

Before I deduct the tools, anything else?

redford
07-04-15, 09:42 AM
Well, I don't have any XP yet to deduct, and I'm going to be buying only the tools since I've still only got the starting gold, (Still waiting on a couple thread judgments).

And I'm not sure how keen I am on paying for materials, forging them, then having them deducted from my gold, seems like I'm paying for them twice.

Logan
07-04-15, 09:49 AM
*pops in* I'll cover the cost of all listed items. Please deduct from my GP.

Red, see me about doing a thread together for the house thing.

Hysteria
07-04-15, 06:47 PM
The deduction of exp comes from the thread exp. So 300 xp and 50 gold can become (at max) 150 exp and 275 gold.

Gold has been deducted from Logan's account.

redford gains hammers and tongs.