PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 2.0

Moonscar
10-25-06, 02:34 AM
Any thoughts on Firefox latest release? It has a built-in spell checker. :D Caught me off guard I just realized it when I first started typing in the forum box.

Anyways besides that fact that the tabs section is bigger, and makes the browsing part appear a tiny bit smaller, I think I'm in love with it. ^_^

AdventWings
10-25-06, 06:46 AM
If you would be so kind, I'd like to know where to get it. ^_^

Moonscar
10-25-06, 06:53 AM
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

:)

Stÿx
10-25-06, 07:17 AM
Ich liebe Firefox! Muahahaha...yeah, MF is much better than Explorer and I do quite like the new updates. Pop-up prevention was improved as well, if ya didn't notice.

AdventWings
10-25-06, 07:32 AM
Thanks, Moonscar! :D

Serilliant
10-25-06, 09:38 AM
As far as I'm concerned, mouse gestures is by far the most coolest thing Firefox has going for it. If you're using Firefox and don't have gestures enabled, you may as well be using AOL.

Arvis
11-06-06, 06:33 PM
I don't know if my Firefox is working properly or something, because if it is, I really don't like 2.0...

Everytime I view previous I've visitted with the arrow in the address bar, then click on one of those sites, nothing happens, and the list closes.

Everytime I open a second window, let's say when I receive a PM for example on forums, the original window now has 2 extra (Untitled) tabs in it. I can't close those tabs, I can't visit any sites in them, only thing I can do is close the window...

I uninstalled and re-installed it just to see if that was the problem, but it's still doing it

Moonscar
11-06-06, 06:52 PM
I don't know if my Firefox is working properly or something, because if it is, I really don't like 2.0...

Everytime I view previous I've visitted with the arrow in the address bar, then click on one of those sites, nothing happens, and the list closes.

Everytime I open a second window, let's say when I receive a PM for example on forums, the original window now has 2 extra (Untitled) tabs in it. I can't close those tabs, I can't visit any sites in them, only thing I can do is close the window...

I uninstalled and re-installed it just to see if that was the problem, but it's still doing it
I've never heard of that before, wow. How odd, let me see if I can trouble shoot you.

I'll edit this post, if I can figure out how to fix that.

Devin Argente
11-07-06, 04:12 AM
As far as I'm concerned, mouse gestures is by far the most coolest thing Firefox has going for it. If you're using Firefox and don't have gestures enabled, you may as well be using AOL.

*nods* Gesturing is brilliant. And so are the different tabs you can have in a single browser, unlike IE, which in my humble opinion shouldn't even be considered a substitute for Mozilla.

Christina Bredith
11-07-06, 06:46 AM
In all fairness, the new IE has tabbed browsing too. I still prefer Firefox, but might as well keep the playing field fair. :p

Devin Argente
11-07-06, 08:07 AM
In all fairness, the new IE has tabbed browsing too. I still prefer Firefox, but might as well keep the playing field fair.

:eek:

Then my version of IE must be horribly outdated. Or I just can't find it. Probably the latter. It should be a DEFAULT option, dammit! :p

No matter, Firefox still owns. It has easily installable and removable extensions. Now I suppose that IE also has mods and patches, but navigating and picking the one you want is much easier (and faster) with Firefox.