PDA

View Full Version : For Sight, and Safety...

Ayithe Solete
10-25-06, 03:59 PM
((Closed Me and Falcon only.))

His body remained motionless on the floor as a pool of blood slowly began to circle his lifeless corpse. Ayithe collapsed to her knees screaming as the tears ran freely down her face as her brother failed to answer her desperate calls. The floor was getting wetter by the minute through the thatched roof that had been forcefully ripped apart, the light from the hole seemingly highlighted her brothers body, making sure Ayithe couldn’t look away into the darkness of the surrounding room. It hurt her deep as her stomach cringed and clamped up tightly trying to force her to be sick, but nothing would come. Her throat was dry and if not for the tears, her lips would be too. Suddenly a hand gripped itself painfully around her hair and yanked back forcefully; Ayithe crashed backwards onto the wet stone floor and cried out before entering a chest-thumping coughing fit. Before she could catch her breath a swift boot blasted hard into her stomach. She gasped out hard at the air trying to catch her breath before being kicked again forcing her onto her back.
The rain drops landed lightly on her face as Dreach leaned over her body, Ayithes eyes erratically dashed about the room, she had lost track of what was happening and lay still at his mercy once more. His footsteps echoed through her head as he walked slowly around her, the same feared thoughts going through her head of what he was about to do this time. Bringing his hand down slowly he made sure to grip her round the throat and choke her slightly before pulling her back up to her sore knees. She almost lay limp in his hand but for the gasping of breath. He laughed manically with a large confident grin across his face, it kept repeating to her as she stared into his eyes, his brown stained teeth opening and allowing his tongue to gruesomely lick up the side of her now tainted face. He slowly raised his sword above his head and let the rain trickle down it, the tip caught a glimpse of the light, which shone brightly into her eyes. She tried uselessly to shout out but no one could hear her, while his grip tightened around her neck she became quieter and quieter before struggling into and uncontrollable fit…
“ARCKRY!” She exclaimed jumping up to a sitting position. Now breathing violently she looked around, the small wooden room was empty and her clothes and weapons lay quietly on the floor. Peering up at the ceiling the roof was fine, she had been dreaming again, the same nightmare, the same scene, and every night for the past four years. She would never forget it; she would never rest peacefully again. Beginning to calm, she started to breathe normally again as the rain battered down on the inn window. The sound of rushing feet began to emanate from the corridor outside, Ayithe held the bed cover close as the footsteps arrived outside her door. Then a loud thud as the door swung open and a large man stood with his sword drawn, hastily he looked around the room then back at Ayithe who now sat calmly but embarrassed on the bed. Facing the man she swung her leg over the side of the small bed and slipped off. He wore a large overcoat of wolf skin and had various objects hanging from his belt. Slowly he started lowering his sword as he began to speak. “I’m s…sorry miss, I heard a s…scream...” He said stuttering, rather embarrassed on barging into a half naked ladies room. “I thought it came from this room…”
“O yes…”She replied dropping her eyes to the floor. “It was me, I…I had a nightmare. You don’t need to barge up here, I can handle myself…” Turning away from the man she began to pick her clothes off the floor and lay them on the bed.
The man carefully sheathed his sword, while unhooking a lantern and placed it on the small table in the corner next to the mirror. It lit the room up somewhat and gave out some warm heat to compensate for the dampness the rain was causing. “Well, if you need any help, let me know, just remember to drop the lantern off when you leave, I won’t charge you.”

The door shut quietly and Ayithe was alone again, just how she preferred it. Placing the cover back neatly and folded on the end of the bed, she was feeling rather uncomfortable now and quickly got dressed. Lacing up her top front and boots she stood in silence by the mirror doing her hair, staring at herself as she straightened it out. Knowing it was still dark didn’t matter to her, she just wanted to leave and take her mind off her dreams, for a little while at least. Grabbing her Diskblades; the only remaining objects on the floor but her most precious ones. She clipped them to her belt and took one last look in the mirror, taking a deep breath she picked up the lantern and exited the room. The corridor was cold and a draft blew through, sending a chill right up Ayithes back. Lanterns hung from the ceiling, lighting it up as she walked along it towards the stairs. The inn was quite large and she passed about eight rooms before heading down the stairs. The draft got worse as she got down the stairs and the creaking of the steps didn’t take her attention away from it. Reaching the bottom of the stairs the main door had been left open, the entrance looked wider than she remembered when she arrived last night. She never paid much attention normally but the door was supposed to be locked around this time. Carefully she walked towards the front door, the wind howled through with the door laying ajar. Placing the lantern on the counter she walked slowly while watching for any movements, unable to hear anything but the wind. She didn’t know what to think and held her arms up to her chest. As she stepped into the door way she heard a few footsteps to her right and carefully peered around the corner, a figure stepped forward as Ayithe instantly released a blade from her bracelet and held it to his throat. The man backed off raising his hands into the air, it was the inn man again.
“Whoa!” He shouted, “Calm down, its only me” Ayithe put the blade back and lowered her arm. She couldn’t help but think there was something wrong, even if it was just her being paranoid. Closing her eyes as she sighed, the sound of the rain took over the howling wind and Ayithe felt the early morning chill. The ground was still waiting for the sun to arise and slowly got water logged with the endless pouring rain. “Sure you don’t want to come back in?” The Inn keeper said walking past her. Releasing the latch he held the door for a moment and waited for her answer as she remained just standing there in the cold. The only reply he received was the howling wind as a powerful gust blew a spray of rain across the porch. The door closed behind Ayithe who failed to move as the spray of rain hit her and goose bumps shot up along her arms as the cold rain ran down them. Ayithe didn’t react she merely began to play with the drops as they dripped from her fingers. Then the door opened again and she paused as the Inn keeper appeared once more. Holding out a large fur coat in his hand. Ayithe acknowledged his friendly gesture and smiled, it was the first smile she had given anyone in a week and she savoured it as she wrapped the big fur coat around herself. It was so warm and comfortable, she couldn’t resist holding it tight and rubbing it against her cold cheeks. This feels so good…She thought to herself as she felt the temperature difference very quickly.
“Thank you” She said softly to him. He simply smiled and went back inside, closing the door quietly as to no longer wake anyone else up. Ayithe turned away from the door and looked down the road, the rain had churned up most of the path, and so sticking to the centre was the most logical choice as the stones from the original path still remained. Stepping out onto the road the rain began to crash down hard upon her, the large fur coat managed to keep her warm but in turn began to get drenched from the rain. The road was long and with no lights it was hard to see anything coming from a far distance. Ayithe would have normally considered it a risk to leave in the dark of night but after being woken up so abruptly she wasn’t going to sleep again tonight.

Surely sunrise isn’t that far off…