PDA

View Full Version : [Tournament Recruitment] Tournament of the Fist

Hysteria
08-03-15, 03:27 AM
Greetings ladies, gentlemen, man-orcs, female-orcs, children, un-gentlemen, thugs, briggans, thieves, would-be-thieves, unknowns, knowns and Aurelianus.

Down on his luck after a failed venture to harvest magical ore by sacrificing dozens of mercenaries, our beloved jerk-face Jack (the auctioneer, not the Admin), has decided to sponsor a small tournament for a few lucky people. This is the first (to his knowledge) Tournament of the Fist, and will be a special series of fights organised in the Citadel. There is a catch, when it says ‘of the Fist’ it means no magic. Any characters caught using magic will be unceremoniously penalised. There are also some other rules that anyone considering entering should be aware of:

Rules
Entry is limited to four (4) players
Each person will fight each other person, for a total of three threads each
Threads run for three weeks and will be run one at a time. Judging doesn’t stop the next round from starting (as there is no elimination)
No alts allowed, pick one character
Entry will cost 400 gold which will be refunded (plus winnings) upon completing all three threads
If you don’t have 400 gold, you can give as much as you have as long as it’s above 200.
Dropping out, or not completing a thread will lose you some of your money. (see below for an expanded conditions for this)
Magic (and some equipment) is not allowed IC (see expanded section)
Cumulative score for the three matches will determine overall winner
Entrants will be via a random draw from entries. That means if we have 10 people sign up, four will be randomly picked. (not first come first serve)
Any other rules I deign to be of value

Magic
Magic is not allowed IC
Anyone caught IC using magic IC be kicked out of the magic
Judgements on IC being kicked from the match will be made by an impartial IC Judge will be viewing the match
If the judge believes someone has used magic it will result in result in -5 for minor uses or -10 for larger breaches towards the cumulative score (doesn’t affect match exp/gold)
No black powder weapons, magic weapons or items more complex than a crossbow (same rules as above apply for scoring
The judge is a monk of no special skill or ability apart from perhaps slightly above-average knowledge of magic (he's not omnipresent). He'll be on the watch out for anything that looks like magic and will dock points at the end of the match accordingly.

Non-completion of threads
If you post and your opponent does not, you do not lose any money.
If you post more than three days after your opponent, and the thread doesn’t finish, you lose money.
If you post more than three days after your opponent and the thread still finishes then you don’t lose any money.
Not posting at all in a thread and you lose your money
Being ‘a bit late’ and the thread doesn’t finish may or may not cause some money to be lost (my discretion based on events)

Rewards: 1st Place
Special Title of your choice (under your name)
Badge ‘Big Fist’
500 gold
1000 xp
Magic Item TBA

Rewards: 2nd Place
500 gold
500 xp
Magic Item TBA

Rewards: 3rd/4th
200gp

Rewards also include the return of the gold to secure a place and the xp/gold rewards as per normal battle rules.

Questions, ask em here. Sign ups will be for 10 days, then the draw for entries will happen!

Blodwen
08-03-15, 04:22 AM
Piling in with my non-magic using character here. She's never really done anything apart from be in the D and D RP but here we go... :D

Hysteria, can I use her pistol? Its pretty broken as is.

Description:
Grumpy, the pistol: Blodwen has a pistol containing a revolving chamber of six shots. Unfortunately the pistol is old and only four of the slots are currently useable. The damage the pistol does is like being stabbed with a deep knife (major wound). It has a range of 15 metres, anything beyond that will decrease the damage to a minor wound. Due to its age it cannot fire as powerfully as it once did, hence the decrease in ability. It shoots iron bullets and can be made well again with GP.

BlackAndBlueEyes
08-03-15, 04:57 AM
Question. The majority of Madison's non-Pode abilities (the vines, thorns, plagues, acid, etc.) are all naturally produced due to her unique biology, so I don't count them as magical abilities. But in this case, I will defer to you--what is the most you will allow her to do?

Registering, by the way.

Hysteria
08-03-15, 07:01 AM
No to pistols :p

Vines would appear to the judge as a sort of magic. The judge (a monk) will be on the look out for magic abilities and deduct accordingly. He's not apt enough to tell if someone is part plant. I'll edit in a bit more about the judge to the first page.

EDIT:
I'm not going to stop you pulling out a pistol and shooting someone, you just get penalised :p

Erirag the Poet
08-03-15, 08:43 AM
All my yes. Registered (plz to pull the full 400 from Skie and Avery for this).

Zack Blaze
08-03-15, 09:56 AM
My internet may not be up before Friday, but what the hell.

Althy's most well known street fighter is registered.

Artifex Felicis
08-03-15, 10:40 AM
I'll register as well. Should be fun!

Philomel
08-03-15, 05:00 PM
The pistol is worse than some crossbows...

Warpath
08-05-15, 11:32 AM
Hmm.

Maybe? Tentative yes.

K-Zu-Ziro
08-05-15, 01:05 PM
Would love to enter this tournament but the 200+ gold requirement got me #rekt. What's the logic behind the 200g thing? Kinda feel excluded as a newcomer.

Warpath
08-05-15, 03:46 PM
I will pay for the bug to enter.

K-Zu-Ziro
08-05-15, 10:52 PM
That is soooo nice of you to offer! I really hope I don't have to accept the offer though. I knocked out a mean solo (thread id: 29746) for +1 coin so I can enter. Requested the basic judgement or whatever so might get it in time, who knows! ;D

Hysteria
08-06-15, 01:34 AM
Sorry that should have read 'at least 200'. I wanted to cap it at the newbie starting level so they could join. For older vets, 200 isn't much, hence the normal 400. You can register as you are ^_^)/

7 more days of sign ups yo.

K-Zu-Ziro
08-06-15, 04:48 PM
Aight put me in the hat get hype etc

Hysteria
08-12-15, 04:25 AM
One more day peeps!

Blodwen, are you throwing your name in?

So far I have:
BlackAndBlueEyes
Erirag the Poet
Zack Blaze
Artifex Felicis
Warpath
K-Zu-Ziro

Philomel
08-12-15, 01:35 PM
blodwen will be in. We can see. As for the money, this account will cover that which is missing.

redford
08-12-15, 02:04 PM
John wants in.

Warpath
08-12-15, 06:49 PM
Eh, scratch my name off the list. Work is turning interesting again and I probably shouldn't split my writing time.

Hysteria
08-13-15, 02:42 AM
(17:32:23) Hysteria: Blodwen
BlackAndBlueEyes
Erirag the Poet
Zack Blaze
Artifex Felicis
K-Zu-Ziro
Redford
(17:32:44) Hysteria: ranked 1 to 7
(17:32:52) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d7 and gets 2.
(17:33:04) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d7 and gets 7.
(17:33:11) Hysteria: roll d7
(17:33:17) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d7 and gets 7.
(17:33:26) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d7 and gets 7.
(17:33:34) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d7 and gets 6.
(17:34:05) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d100 and gets 19. (I was just testing here)
(17:35:07) Ebivoulya: What am I witnessing?
(17:36:33) Hysteria: the draw for the tournament of the fist
(17:37:16) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d7 and gets 6.
(17:37:23) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d7 and gets 6.
(17:37:33) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d7 and gets 2.
(17:37:37) Hysteria: hmmm
(17:37:44) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d7 and gets 4.
(17:39:46) Hysteria: 2, 7, 6, 4
(17:41:06) Hysteria: (now for first match ups) BlackAndBlueEyes, Zack Blaze, K-Zu-Ziro and Redford ranked 1 to 4
(17:41:12) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d4 and gets 4.
(17:41:18) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d4 and gets 3.

Apparently Althanas really wanted Redford and K-Zu to enter. From the list we have BlackAndBlueEyes, Zack Blaze, K-Zu-Ziro and Redford.

Match ups paired K-Zu and Redford together, so we shall have Babe vs Zack Blaze and K-Zu vs Redford for the first round.

Thanks for those who threw their names in. I'll get the threads up shortly and deduct the required gold.

Hysteria
08-13-15, 09:13 AM
BlackAndBlueEyes loses 400 gold!
Zack Blaze loses 400 gold!
K-Zu-Ziro loses 200 gold!
Redford loses 400 gold!

Threads are up!

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29768-TotF-BlackAndBlueEyes-vs-Zack-Blaze
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29769-TotF-K-Zu-Ziro-vs-Redford

K-Zu-Ziro
08-15-15, 02:38 PM
Feel free to add more detail to the spectators, but don't use them to intervene in the fight directly!

does that mean they can serve no role whatsoever as part of the environment like interactively? or that they can't actively intervene as npss? for example, if pushed from the ring a character would fall into them and maybe be pushed back into the ring?

Hysteria
08-15-15, 10:40 PM
That would be a good use of them.

Just don't have them jump into the ring or throw stuff at your opponenet, etc.

K-Zu-Ziro
08-31-15, 10:26 PM
Rules
Threads run for three weeks

i think it'll be three weeks this thursday? me and red aren't particularly close to finishing our thread and the other guys haven't made a start yet either. any chance for an extension or does it look like we might just be calling this? ;_;'

Hysteria
09-01-15, 06:49 AM
I'll check up with Andy/Sei and let you know (I'm leaning to extend).

This is a work in progress idea, so happy to extend it on the first one. Too long to post doesn't seem to work, so I'd like to hear ideas on if we should stick with the two weeks for the next.

K-Zu-Ziro
09-01-15, 06:55 AM
i know red has been busy irl so if he's cool with taking more time to finish it i would be happy to as well ^^';

Medeia
09-01-15, 08:30 AM
I'd love to get in on something like this. I'll have to keep my eye out for the next one. x.x

Hysteria
09-14-15, 02:55 AM
With Zack Blaze and BaBE not posting I'm going to open this up for two more people.

I considered opening this back up for new registrations, but I'm going to stick with the original lineup who replied within the time limit for now (sorry Medeia). Can I get a confirmation from the below three that they are still interested? I'll then draw the two that can join in.

Blodwen
Erirag the Poet
Artifex Felicis

(as a note, Zack and BaBE have lost their entry fee.)

Erirag the Poet
09-14-15, 04:49 AM
I'm still in!

Artifex Felicis
09-14-15, 07:30 AM
I could probably stay in as well!

K-Zu-Ziro
09-16-15, 01:52 AM
I could probably stay in as well!

I'm still in!
<3 <3 <3 <

Hysteria
09-16-15, 05:50 AM
No response from Blodwen, so thread's up: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29768-TotF-Erirag-the-Poet-vs-Artifex-Felicis

Have at ye.

Artifex Felicis
09-16-15, 08:18 AM
Quick question, the thread says that it ends on the 5th of September. Which isn't actually a question.

Do we have two weeks?

Hysteria
09-16-15, 05:54 PM
Sorry, I used a template. No time limit atm, just have fun :p

Skie and Avery
09-16-15, 11:28 PM
Excellent. I'll be replying in the morning. <3

Hysteria
11-11-15, 03:25 PM
Hi All. Please finish up your threads this week, I'll close them on the 16th.

Any questions, ask me here!