PDA

View Full Version : A possible recruitment...

Letho
10-27-06, 07:01 PM
For some reason, today I'm in a good mood. In a writing mood. And that's something I haven't been in for quite a while now. The wave of writing that I rode and fell from some time ago went away but I feel that another one came. And while I think surfing is idiotic, I'll try to ride this one. :P

Now, I had an idea in my head for a while now and as some of you might've assumed by now (or you heard about it), it's going to be big. If you know how long my "I am the Law around here, boy!" was, you get the picture. If not, it's about 70 or so posts in total. That's an estimate though. Here's the basic story.

Two out of five members of The Assembly (the Corone governing quintet) - The Steward and The Grand Marshal – are assassinated and the remaining three members want those responsible to be brought to justice. Letho is leading one of the taskforces that are to apprehend the suspects throughout the Yarborough county. Of course, things will not turn out that simple, not that simple at all. In fact, the events that will follow will deal with changing sides, Corone turning from Republic into an Empire, naval warfare, guerilla warfare, troop assembly and quite possibly an all out war in the end between the corrupted government and the rebels.

Now, I want two people for this, but not any two people. I need two dedicated people, active people (not crazy active though, around two posts a week maybe), people who WILL see this possibly complex thing to the very end. On top of that, I would prefer if these two people eventually become Letho’s sergeants when we finally assemble a real army, so it would be good if somebody actually gave a damn for Corone, or would grow to care for it during the quest. It's not a must though. Working for dough works as well. What those interested DON’T have to be is high-leveled or even well-known on Althanas. As long as you have the activity and the dedication, I don’t care if you are a noob or a vet. If you say you have what it takes and you go AWOL during the quest, I kick your ass, write you out and you end up on my blacklist, in that order. ;)

There will also be openings for episodic roles in this quest at certain points. I will need somebody to try to assassinate Letho, somebody to help him with naval warfare and maybe even a double agent that would work for both sides.

So to summarize, I need two dedicated people who would follow Letho through the entire quest and three that might appear sometime during the quest.

Now, I understand that this might be a bit too complex for Althanas currently. Hence the “possible” recruitment from the title. So if I can’t find enough people for it, I’ll probably put it on a backburner until the acticity picks up or just do it as a solo (as some suggested I should given the complexity). However, I would really like to involve people into the story. So if you’re interested, please sign up and discuss in this thread or contact me via PM or AIM. Thanks to all interested in advance.

EDIT: This is not first come-first served type of recruitment and it will be open for a while.

EDIT2: I forgot to mention the rewards. Those fighting on the side of the good guys could end up with a high rank in Corone army in addition to any spoil that they might request at the end of the whole deal. I haven't really decided what benefits will a ranked officer have, but there will be some by the end of the quest for certain, I promise. Plus, you get the fame, of course, for saving Corone. :cool:

Jasmine
10-27-06, 10:50 PM
I'd be up for having my assassiness attempt to kill Letho

Yamihara
10-27-06, 11:07 PM
...How come I only saw this just now?! This is Big News for Akashima!

I probably won't be playing a big role in the Corone army, but if Akashima is pulled into the fray I am sure to get involved. Of course, I'll hold out for a little while and write more of my on-going quests. Shouldn't be long, though. ^_^

In Other Words: Put my name down as a recurring character in the middle of the quest. :D

nekoprince
10-27-06, 11:20 PM
Assuming this doesn't turn into some sort of post every 4 hours type of thing, I'll toss my name into the hat for it with Leon.

Though, I remember something sort of like this that INDK did a while ago. Where it was sort of a bunch of quests all connected together and whatnot. I remember that being a fun thread while I was in it.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I also don't think I've ever quested with you before either.

streak101
10-27-06, 11:40 PM
Bandas had experience in the army so he could be a valuable asset. I'm up for something like this.

EDIT: Meaning i'd like to be one of the guys who are there through and through.

Cyrus the virus
10-28-06, 08:17 AM
Matthew wants to join with Izvilvin! I could easily justify it as its for Corone's benefit (from the perspective of the people in charge of him), plus this would tide me over in my questing-with-Duro quota, until we do that Rheawien-Izvilvin revisit.

So yeah, you let me know.

Witchblade
10-28-06, 03:59 PM
I'm in!

We already disussed what roles I want over AIM. >.>

Prelude
10-30-06, 10:56 AM
If your character would be interested in what a 21st century adolescent has to offer for the good side, than I could put Joey on the good side. Note, she might dissapear for short lengths of time.

Christina Bredith
10-30-06, 11:23 AM
War? Saving Corone? Becoming a sergeant in the army? This character loves *all* those things! I think she'd be perfect for this quest. And assuming my computer doesn't crash and my modem doesn't die within a week of each other as they did recently, I'll be good to go.

Letho
10-30-06, 09:15 PM
Just so all of you don't think I forgot about this or anything... I didn't want to make any comments until I saw what's the general interest in this thing. I've been watching this thread closely, though, and I think we might be able to pull this off. I'll leave it open until tomorrow and then post further details. Thanks to all of you for applying and if anybody else is interested, it's not too late to throw your name into the hat.:)

Prelude
10-30-06, 09:51 PM
I thought I'd let you know that it is normal for my character to dissapear off of althanas every so often (world swapping). Its just that the way I posted it, it seemed like she'd just randomly wander off or something...

Letho
10-31-06, 07:11 PM
Alright, first off, I thank everybody for showing interest in this quest. I deliberated quite a long time on who to pick and while I’d loved nothing more then to get everybody in the quest, several names seemed more fitting for the roles I had in mind. Keep in mind that I haven’t etched the story of this quest in stone, so other roles might open up during the course of the quest.

For now, though, I’m thinking that Izvilvin and Christina Beredith would best fit the role of Letho’s eventual sergeants. I’m a bit reluctant about Christina because of the activity, but I never rped with her/him and the temptation is too great. Good news for Akashima and Yamihara; Akashima will play a major role in this thing, in the part when we deal with the navy. I hope you’re still be interested in playing somewhat of an envoy once we come to negotiate to Akashima, asking for its ships. I won’t reveal more then that. Also, Witchblade is a perfect assassin I think, so she gets that role.

That’s about it for now. As I said, this will be a long quest and I can’t foresee exactly what will happen after the first half is done. But if new roles open up – and I reckon they will, especially near the end of it when we’ll need all the swords we can get – I’ll make another mini recruitment or something.

I will PM those involved the basic outline of the early stages of the quest and we’ll work from there. Once again, thank you all for your interest.

EDIT: I'll make the quest either today or late tomorrow, since I'm away from home tomorrow during the entire day.

Elrundir
10-31-06, 07:56 PM
Christina Bredith is me, by the way, if you weren't aware. Or if you were, then... yeah. But I thought I'd point it out anyway. :p My computer has just been down for the past couple of weeks (or more accurately, my computer and then my modem - don't I just have the best luck?) but I am good to go now. I hope. *glances fearfully at the sky*

Letho
10-31-06, 08:03 PM
I suspected... Then I checked the AIM username and I realized that you are one and the same. That's after I sent you a PM on Christina's account though, so you might want to check that one out.

Letho
11-02-06, 07:36 PM
Alright, the quest is up! (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3024) Let's have fun! :D

Ingenious
11-02-06, 07:50 PM
Hmm, this quest also seems to be at it's beginning so... I don't suppose I could join this quest?

Letho
11-02-06, 07:57 PM
Terribly sorry, Ingenious, but at the moment all of the roles are filled. If there are some openings later through the quest (and I suspect there might be), I'll let everybody know in this thread.