PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting for the most classy, most luxurious thread -- jk just open fun thread 4all

K-Zu-Ziro
08-23-15, 01:47 AM
hey what's up everybody. i wanted to try out something fun, just super quick! would be mad 1337 if people wanted to get involved. there are no rules, it can go wherever you take it, i'm not possessive or controlling over this thread. i just typed up some shit that was in my head and posted it as an opening to whatever can happen etc. please, please, please join me in this thread. i'm begging you. here is the opening post, read it! it's not even that long ;D

The brackish morass surrounding Etheria Port proved difficult terrain for a trio of anonymous passengers. Entering the mangrove at sundown had been met with the protestation of their beasts of burden. Animals knew better than greedy men. Their lonesome stagecoach struggled through the mire, haunted by the sodden souls of a thousand years. Pulling ahead, unnerved by the night's pitch, the draught horses stamped their hooves into each sinking puddle; their desperation to escape the salty swamp alerted those within the wagon of the animal's innate sense of danger. Blood thirst was all around them, the spectre of horror became to them the tangible deity of death, and it was watching their struggle with delight. It was waiting for the right moment to emerge from the contorted faces carved in the thick wall of trees lining their only road into the sanctuary of Etheria.

Around a bend they caught sight of a single house, catfish eating locals had long since abandoned their home to the damp grip of the marshlands. At its front they could see an open space where a door had been unscrewed from its hinges and taken away. Without light what lay inside appeared all in black—an all consuming shadow. The shutters were nailed closed, but the fixings were failing to the rusty red of oxidation. One window was open though, it faced them as they approached and showed its tattered curtains swaying with the dying motion of a sickly girl in a floral dress, but it was just the breeze. So they swore, it was just the breeze. The roof's beams had given in to the rot and left everything musty and damp. Leaning against an obtuse trunk was a set of gardening tools; a pitchfork, an angular spade and a hoe. They stood out, a mismatch to the home's decay. The trunk they were set against was a weeping willow, planted for the sorrow of a mother's stillborn.

On the willow's main bough, K-Zu-Ziro crouched, the creature was the monster in the nightmare made real. Spindly and harsh, its long limbs were bent tightly against each other, its long neck was held short with its head tucked against its shoulders. The absorbing black of the insectoid's exoskeleton was contrasted by the glossy reflection of its bulging bug eyes. It was invisible in the dark, it was motionless, its mandibles began to drip with anticipation at the thought of the victims within the approaching carriage.

here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29809)
p.s. if you want somebody to join your thread and post regularly, i will do that! just let me know.

Rayleigh
08-23-15, 09:54 AM
Hey, I've been wanting to write with you. Today is crazy, but I'll get a post up tonight or tomorrow.

Logan
08-23-15, 11:48 AM
You should probably include a link to your thread so we can post in it.

K-Zu-Ziro
08-23-15, 11:53 AM
the link is where it says "here" it's kind of inconspicuous lol

Logan
08-23-15, 12:05 PM
Wow. Color me the observant type...

K-Zu-Ziro
08-23-15, 05:26 PM
<3 <3 <3 ,3

was totes a tiny little here hidden after a big quote easy to miss etc

Logan
08-23-15, 05:57 PM
I wrote up a whole post, went to post it, and then realized it contradicted about 3/4 of what you wrote in your intro...I'll post later on this evening. Lol.

Rayleigh
08-23-15, 07:10 PM
It will probably contradict everything I've written too. ;)

Logan
08-23-15, 07:14 PM
Kinda hard since I scrapped the whole post. Hahahaha. I'll write up something that is more along the lines of what KZZ posted in the intro. Shelby, you can post first.

Rayleigh
08-23-15, 08:41 PM
I've written my two NPCs into my first post, just because Ray wouldn't be traveling alone. I can easily write them into going off on their own if I have to (just in case we get enough people that they aren't necessary). Anyone else who wants to jump in can probably come in their own coach/on their own horse/etc.

K-Zu-Ziro
08-25-15, 12:27 PM
ty dudes for joining mad fun everybody welcome yoooooooo