PDA

View Full Version : Reviving the Fauncast - CASTing Interest

Philomel
09-04-15, 02:31 AM
CASTing interest - get it?

Anyway, my good folks, it seems too long since we have been without a podcast. Personally I miss listening to and being in them. In the spirit of trying to boost activity on Althanas and with the glory of Althanas Day about to dawn on us it seems only right to bring in some new and old things.

In this light I am proposing the revival of the Fauncast, an offshoot of the Althanas Renegade Radio for when it was special or seasonal holidays. The Fauncast is a working title, and it is called such simply for the reason I am a faun (though not in real life... I think). It will be a light-hearted piece of commentary on Althanas Life, with jokes a plenty and special guests.

The plan is to have the first episode being recorded just at the end of Althanas Day and our subject will be Althanas Day itself, looking at the whole day, at how many posts we have managed to get, the highlights and the lowlights, the good, bad and ugly of the day etc. It will in general be a discussion.

How would everyone respond to such a podcast? I know Sulla has hinted in chat when I raised this idea that he might bring back This Althanian Life but would folk be up for listening/being on it?

General plan - it will be a bi-monthly podcast, with me as your host and with at least two guests per week. I will also be interested in having a co-host if anyone is willing and wanting. Please bare in mind I have never made a podcast before, and doing this all from a "how to" website.

Cards of Fate
09-04-15, 05:20 PM
Im totally down for helping out in whatever way you need.

Philomel
09-04-15, 10:47 PM
Cards you'd be perfect for at least as a super special guest for the first episode, if not more :D
Thank you so much. I'll get back to you on this.

Artifex Felicis
09-05-15, 04:49 PM
I'd also be willing to lend a paw to the fauncast. It seems like it'll be a really fun idea!

Philomel
09-06-15, 01:30 AM
Arti, I would seriously be happy to have you added to everything :)

Storm Veritas
09-06-15, 06:00 PM
I'd be happy to help if needed; seems you already have a few great stars for the first show!

Philomel
09-09-15, 03:24 AM
Storm, I would love you have you sometime :)

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
09-10-15, 09:23 AM
If you would like some overseas representation, then I would be happy to do my bit for the UK branch of Althanas by coming on sometime :)

I could also bring Gnarl and Root to make up the other Brit on here!

redford
09-10-15, 12:06 PM
Interested

Max Dirks
09-10-15, 03:05 PM
Would you like these official or unofficial?

Bard
09-10-15, 03:22 PM
I have never tried to interact with a pod cast, so it will be interesting to see how JAWS interacts with it. Eagerly await whatever you cook up.

Philomel
09-10-15, 06:13 PM
Thank you all for being so eager to join. After tonight when we make the first episode we will see the success of it and if people want more. Its going to be more casual than the Althanas Community Radio, allowing some banter. We are going to try to make them as family friendly as possible so if you are invited to join please keep innuendos etc down. Okay, it will be hard as me, the infamous Assassin-Whore, as host, but hey.

Dirks, for now I think this will be unofficial, but we can see as time goes. Feel free to put it on the public face domains etc.

Philomel
10-29-15, 10:37 AM
I need some volunteers for the next fauncast!
I am going to be looking for three people probably to look for me, and I know there are a number of people who have offered earlier in this thread. Could those people in the list please confirm if they are still interested? And also if else you are interested and your name is not on the list then go ahead and please comment below.

Current list is:
Storm Veritas
Shinsou vaan Osiris
redford
Bard

Seeing as it is Hallowe'en coming up it would be great to do something to do with that as a theme. It is also my second anniversary of being on Althanas soon so SOB SOB SOB ...

Anyway, I am considering this coming Sunday for recording. I will also (possibly) looking for someone long-term to join me as a co-host so interviews will commence umm...

:P

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-29-15, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I'd love to be a part of it if you will have me!

Just drop me a PM with the details: recording time, what i'll need ect.

Cheers!

Storm Veritas
10-29-15, 12:18 PM
Still interested! May be tough for me to line up the time but would love to give it a crack!

BlackAndBlueEyes
10-29-15, 12:19 PM
Phi, if you need me to record and produce this for you, just let me know.

Philomel
10-29-15, 01:24 PM
That might help, Andy. I am still an amateur. :P

With that, it makes four of us if you want to be in on the fun, Andy.

BlackAndBlueEyes
10-29-15, 01:29 PM
I'd say let other people be in on the fun before me. I can sit in, mic muted, and just make sure it gets recorded until you can figure out how to do it. :3

Philomel
10-29-15, 01:42 PM
Nah if your recording your in it.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-30-15, 09:32 AM
What are we using to do this, Skype or something? Just so I can get prepared!

My time zone is London, GMT by the way. Generally i'm about five or six hours ahead of most of you but i'm honestly good to record any time that suits you :)

Philomel
10-30-15, 09:58 AM
I am GMT too Shino :D

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-31-15, 05:31 PM
I am GMT too Shino :D

Awesome! Makes it a lot easier for us to sync up then :)