PDA

View Full Version : Mentor/Mentee System Signups

Max Dirks
09-06-15, 11:38 PM
Althanas can be daunting to new members, that's why we're happy to announce that you can now partner up with a veteran player to acclimate yourself to the site. Similarly, if you're new or old, but want to become a better writer, you can also team up with a veteran writer to help yourself improve. Here's how it works:

Mentor/Mentee System

Becoming a Mentor

Anyone interested in becoming a mentor can become a mentor. Mentors should have little to no prior misconduct on the site, a good attitude, and the writing skills to qualify them for this position. Mentors do not need to be on the site everyday, but they should make themselves available to their mentees at least weekly. To become a mentor, simply post your interest in this thread.

Becoming a Mentee

Members who are interested in being mentored can apply simply by posting in this thread. They can request any mentor they want, but the mentor must ultimately accept the request. If mentees don't have a preferred mentor, they will be randomly matched up with an available member.

Mentor Responsibilities

Mentors will discuss strengths and weaknesses with their mentee, and highlight some areas to work on. Then, they will plan lessons and activities to help, providing guidance every step of the way. Mentors are also responsible for staying organized, and selecting their own mentees.

Mentee Responsibilities

Mentees must work closely with their mentors and be open to criticism and advice from their mentors.

Graduation

In order to "graduate" from the mentor/mentee system, the mentor and mentee must complete three threads together either one on one or as part of a group. At that time, the mentor and mentee can accept new mentors or mentees, but they can no longer work together again for special bonuses. Mentors and Mentees may end their relationship at any time for any reason by posting in this thread.

Rewards

While in a mentor/mentee relationship, all threads completed with your mentor/mentee grants 1.5x EXP.

Once you graduate, you can earn a mentor badge if you are the mentor or a mentee badge if you are the mentee.

If you have any questions, or are interested in the program, please apply here.

Max Dirks
09-06-15, 11:39 PM
Available Mentors:

Rehtul Orlouge
Skie and Avery
Cards of Fate
Drumheller
BlueGhostofSeaside

Available Mentees:

None

Unavailable Mentors:

None

Current Mentor/Mentee Relationships:

Logan and loves.blessing.
Rayleigh and redford
Shinsou Vaan Osiris and Elthas Belthasar
Rehtul Orlogue and Vendredi

Former Mentor/Mentee Relationships:

None

Logan
09-06-15, 11:42 PM
I'm signing up to be a Mentor.

Rayleigh
09-06-15, 11:50 PM
I volunteer to be a mentor!

redford
09-07-15, 12:15 AM
I could use a few pointers

Max Dirks
09-07-15, 10:15 AM
Do you have a preferred mentor, redford?

redford
09-07-15, 10:33 AM
I mean Ray and Logan are both talented writers. flip a coin and surprise me

Rehtul Orlouge
09-07-15, 12:50 PM
I'll take on that "mentor" role

Max Dirks
09-08-15, 09:39 AM
Logan or Rayleigh, would one of you accept redford as your mentee?

loves.blessing.
09-08-15, 10:23 AM
I could use a mentor on helping better my writing skills.

Max Dirks
09-08-15, 10:25 AM
Do you have a preferred mentor, loves.blessing.?

loves.blessing.
09-08-15, 10:34 AM
Which ever one will have me. ^^

Logan
09-08-15, 10:36 AM
I'll take her since I'm already writing a thread with her anyways.

Rayleigh can take redford.

Elthas_Belthasar
09-08-15, 11:14 AM
I admittedly also need some help with my overall writing style and would like to improve much more than I could on my own.

I'm looking for a Mentor, doesn't matter who they are and I'm able to be on daily.

Thanks in advanced.

darkest.desires.
09-08-15, 11:31 AM
So it's me loves.blessing/Kayla and I was wondering is it one mentor per account or per person because I would also like help building my writing skills with this character as well.

Rayleigh
09-08-15, 01:14 PM
I'd love to take on Red. :)

Skie and Avery
09-08-15, 02:05 PM
I'd mentor, if I'm not too disruptive. ;)

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
09-09-15, 08:10 AM
I would like to apply to be a mentor. If accepted I would like to take on Elthas as I already have a solid grounding of his prior threads, as long as he wants me.

Cards of Fate
09-09-15, 09:54 AM
Im down to be a Mentor if you will have me!

Drumheller
09-10-15, 08:57 AM
It should be noted, that I am on somewhat infrequently with the Drumheller account. Having said that I would still like to post Drumheller up as a mentee, to whoever is willing to have him.

Ashla
09-10-15, 09:13 AM
I may have a lack of scores above 59, but I can still write at least! Either way, I'm willing to take on the mentor role. A more casual mentee would be appreciated, since I'm not as active as before.

Vendredi
09-11-15, 05:48 AM
Going to wave the mentee flag. :')

Casual mentee, since I have less time to write now that vacation is over. Haha. No preference.

Max Dirks
09-11-15, 08:28 AM
Okay, everyone's updated. Vendredi, since you didn't have a preference I put you with Rehtul, who was the first available mentor.

Mentors, when you complete a thread with your mentees, please link it here so I can track them. Thanks!

Loves.blessing., while I'm all about encouraging folks to write with others, due to the EXP bonus I'd prefer not to allow players to have different character with different mentors. What you can do; however, is roleplay with your alt and it can count towards graduation with that mentor.

loves.blessing.
09-11-15, 09:02 AM
Sounds good to me dear. Thanks for clarifying.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
09-11-15, 10:15 AM
Thanks Max!

I have a good mentee in Elthas, i'm sure we will have a good relationship!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
09-17-15, 10:03 AM
Okay, everyone's updated. Vendredi, since you didn't have a preference I put you with Rehtul, who was the first available mentor.

Mentors, when you complete a thread with your mentees, please link it here so I can track them. Thanks!

Loves.blessing., while I'm all about encouraging folks to write with others, due to the EXP bonus I'd prefer not to allow players to have different character with different mentors. What you can do; however, is roleplay with your alt and it can count towards graduation with that mentor.

Dirks, when we start a "mentor / mentee" thread, do we have to mention it OOC in the thread itself?

I have done anyway, and i'll link it all up on here when done, but just for future reference and also for those who might have started a thread and not mentioned it OOC.

Thanks gorgeous.

Fez_The_Kid
09-21-15, 09:00 AM
I'd like to be mentored by Skie and Avery.

Skie and Avery
09-21-15, 09:38 AM
*pets Fez* This is my son.

Rayleigh
10-12-15, 11:19 AM
Redford's schedule has changed, and he no longer has time to be a mentee.

I am open again!

Light
11-12-15, 09:14 AM
Raleigh,

I volunteer as tribute! :D

ArrowNgor
11-12-15, 09:31 AM
I've been on here for sometime; however, I've never really written stories....this may because of time, school schedule and what not. Still, I would like to sign up as a mentee...a very flexible/patient one at it because I'm not usually on here and don't have much free time.

I'd appreciate it.

~A.N

Ashla
11-12-15, 09:40 AM
I've been on here for sometime; however, I've never really written stories....this may because of time, school schedule and what not. Still, I would like to sign up as a mentee...a very flexible/patient one at it because I'm not usually on here and don't have much free time.

I'd appreciate it.

~A.N

I can dew eet! I can do it nine times!

Unless you want a mentor you are unfamiliar with to get used to the site more and stuff. :)

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-12-15, 10:21 AM
Regrettably, Elthas Belthasar has left and so I will be in the market for a new mentee.

Karuka
11-12-15, 10:55 AM
If anyone is specifically good at setting and willing to mentor me, I feel like that's an area where I could use a lot of help.

If no one wants to, that's okay, too...

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-12-15, 04:23 PM
If anyone is specifically good at setting and willing to mentor me, I feel like that's an area where I could use a lot of help.

If no one wants to, that's okay, too...

I believe I can probably help you, if you want me to?

Karuka
11-12-15, 04:27 PM
I believe I can probably help you, if you want me to?
I accept your offer. (And if you find other things than setting that need fine tuning, by all means, fine tune.)

Ioder
11-12-15, 05:11 PM
Fred, would you want to take me on as a mentee?

Alyssa Snow
11-12-15, 05:23 PM
Alright, I'm signing up my triage of characters for the Mentor Position.

The type of mentoring I offer isn't your usual mentoring. I mentor in character progression, inspiration, and integration into current lore. During our mentor/mentee relationship, I will either use my characters to help progress your stories or play out NPCs for you to help give you direction in the world of Althanas. I will take in one mentee and am almost always available.

I am also the banhammer.

Fear me.

But not that much.

Rayse Valentino
11-12-15, 05:46 PM
Signing up for mentee.

ArrowNgor
11-19-15, 06:59 PM
@Ashla
Aye! Sorry I haven't been on here for some time....see what I mean. -_-

That's fine :D gracias chica.

The Mongrel
01-11-16, 08:39 PM
Shin was mentoring me in Setting. With his departure, I am electing to not seek a replacement.

Mordelain
01-11-16, 11:27 PM
Mentoring Fez presently.

Bard
02-02-16, 01:09 AM
I will be mentering Mixed-blood

Ioder
02-02-16, 08:25 AM
I request tutilage from Stoph.

Otto
02-03-16, 01:10 AM
I would like to volunteer as a mentor!

Mixed-blood
02-14-16, 08:35 PM
Yeah, Bard's my menter.

Freja
02-29-16, 01:15 PM
I wish to have a mentor please.

Logan
02-29-16, 01:30 PM
I am withdrawing from being a mentor due to a lack of time recently to focus on being a quality mentor.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-01-16, 09:00 AM
I need a mentor to help me work on my description and all round game. Anyone available?

Lye
03-01-16, 09:09 AM
If anyone is seeking a mentor, I am willing to offer aid. I specialize in dialogue, NPC interaction, story progression, & integration into canon. I also have been told I provide fantastic aid when thinking of new abilities or powers.

My availability on site is sparse, but I am willing to share personal contact information to open for discussion. I have yet to acquire a mentee.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-01-16, 10:02 AM
If anyone is seeking a mentor, I am willing to offer aid. I specialize in dialogue, NPC interaction, story progression, & integration into canon. I also have been told I provide fantastic aid when thinking of new abilities or powers.

My availability on site is sparse, but I am willing to share personal contact information to open for discussion. I have yet to acquire a mentee.

I would love to learn whatever you can teach me mate, if you can spare the time? I believe all writers should improve themselves where possible and I would appreciate the extra input into my work, and perhaps some feedback on where I can improve.

Krugor
03-20-16, 02:23 PM
Is the mentor/mentee program still active?

If so, I would like to request a mentor. It has been quite a while since I last wrote something I liked, so I could use some guidance with my overall writing, and with setting in particular.

Dolvgoc
02-26-17, 03:45 PM
If anyone's available, I could use a mentor.

Good for Nothing Captain
06-02-17, 12:07 PM
Hello! I'd like to be mentored please!
I don't really have a concrete writing style, and I like breaking the fourth wall, but if any of the more experienced writers who can help me figure out my style/help me write better in general are willing, I've been writing fairly often recently. Just finished a new solo! Yay! Sorry, getting off topic, Mentor me please?

Elthas_Belthasar
06-02-17, 12:26 PM
I know I can't help THAT much but I'm always on and I post regularly.

I'm willing to throw my name in the hat to become a Mentor.

Just something I'd like to help with thanks in advanced!!!

~Pav