PDA

View Full Version : [Auction] The Mask

Artifex Felicis
09-07-15, 11:04 AM
The girl nods, turning slightly to pull out the second of her items.

"From the Sorie Trading Guild's long reach, we have a second item up for auction!" She licks her lips, this time a thin woman with translucent arms and a cruel look on her face strode up to the stage. She opens her plain wooden chest for the crowd. Within is a green jade mask, elegant and simple with a iron bar along the bridge of the nose. There is no mouth,and the eyes are pitch black, swallowing light despite the bright sunny day.

"This is The Mask!" She chimes in. So helpful! "Taken from an older ruin and having finally had its curses removed, it will go on sale for 80 gold pieces!"

She pauses, wondering why no one was bidding. She almost slaps her forward in embarrassment.

"This um..." she pulls out an index card, her neat handwriting helping her. "If you are wearing this mask, you can... eat and drink and see through it without any problems?"

She looks at the mask with a frown. It was the first she saw it.

"If... if you use someone's blood to paint a face onto it,then everyone'll believe you are that person, so long as it is wet. When it dries, the disguise will only last as long as the user's own abilities, without any magical compulsion to help! If people realize you aren't that person, then the glamor is fully broken..."

((OOC: The first part is a blood magic compulsion, making everyone believe that you are who you are pretending to be. Th second effect is merely a disguise glamor, and can be broken with bad acting.))

Logan
09-07-15, 11:31 AM
Logan thought for a moment before piping up, "one hundred!"

Sure, the mask in and of itself wasn't anything special, but he was intrigued by the magical properties, and surely so would the Hierarchy.

Artifex Felicis
09-07-15, 12:06 PM
"One hundred gold for the perfect disguise to the blue eyed white man!" The girl cried out! "I've received a note that it doesn't require a lot of blood to activate the mask, so nobody has to die to use it."

Rehtul Orlouge
09-07-15, 12:11 PM
"Hmm... a hundred, twenty-five!" a young man sitting toward the back called across the room, holding up his hand lazily.

Logan
09-07-15, 12:12 PM
Logan raised his hand, "One fifty. And don't you dare, Rehtul..."

Rehtul Orlouge
09-07-15, 12:15 PM
"The Tarot wants it, I want to study it first," Rehtul responded. "I don't trust them not to break it before I get a chance to look it over. Two hundred!"

Logan
09-07-15, 12:18 PM
Logan grumbled to himself.

"If that's how you want to play it, Reht, I hope you're prepared," he said as he turned to the auctioneer.

"Two-hundred eighty-four."

Rehtul Orlouge
09-07-15, 12:22 PM
"Eh... Two ninety-six."

Artifex Felicis
09-07-15, 12:29 PM
The girl looks flabbergasted for a moment, fretting as the two men fight!

"Tw-two hundred and ninety four! To the snowman!" she points at Rehtul with a somehwat uncertain hand. "That's the current high bid!"

Logan
09-07-15, 12:37 PM
Logan stood from his wooden chair and turned to face Rehtul. With a stare even colder than the coldest of temperatures Rehtul knew the psion said through gritted teeth, "Three hundred."

Rehtul Orlouge
09-07-15, 12:43 PM
Rehtul sighed and looked at Logan with a pained smile. "As much as I like researching magic, I don't think I want to pay any more than that. Have fun with your mask."

Artifex Felicis
09-07-15, 06:31 PM
"Three hundred gold pieces to the old man!" She points at logan, giggling and proud of herself.

Philomel
09-07-15, 07:21 PM
A hand popped into the air. "450."

Cards of Fate
09-07-15, 07:34 PM
"500" Vince growled

Artifex Felicis
09-07-15, 07:57 PM
"Five hundred to the two dwarves standing on top of one another in a trenchcoat!" The girl was giddy with excitement, pointing at Vincent to confirm the bid!

Artifex Felicis
09-07-15, 11:12 PM
"AND THE BIDDING IS CLOSED!" The girl giggles, banging her little gavel and pointing at Vincent. "Sold to him with the tall head!"

Logan
11-03-15, 10:13 AM
Transaction complete. GP removed.