PDA

View Full Version : Diary of a Star

Star Strike
09-07-15, 02:26 PM
Dear Diary,

That is what Vince said your name was so I will call you that. He is so weird about words. And books. He is also very funny when he sleeps.

I watch a lot of the groundlings and skylings when they sleep. It is strange to think that this ritual I also participate in at night. If I was whole I would need sleep but then again I would not be here. I am still unsure if I am okay with that.

I think Leona is going to teach me some more card spreads. It appears I have the capacity for card reading but Deneb assigned me to be a dancer. I so confused.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 02:41 PM
Dear Diary,

Vincent informed me that I do not have to address you as a diary but give you a name. I do not understand this concept of naming things. Everything is already named for me including myself. Vincent told me some people choose their own names and words for objects then proceed to tell me a about a book where a boy renames a writing device a "Frindle" or something. I had Vince spell the word for me so I could better understand it.

Words are strange. I will admit that I pretend to understand most of Vincent's lessons so I can have more sugar and ambrosia. Vincent told me ambrosia is also called honey here.I do not understand why because it is better than anything Vince tries to get me to eat that he claims is "healthy" which means good for me to eat. Eating is strange. Vincent claims eating nothing but sugar will make me fat and slow but the other food he makes renders me weak and ill.

I wish he would ask me more about my kind but I understand that he thinks I don't speak much. I do but he is just stupid to understand. Why doesn't he understand? Groundlings are soooooooo stupid. Vincent less so than others but he doesn't have much time for me anymore so that makes him even more stupid. I dislike the way the female groundlings look at him. Vincent is my... I am not sure what...

I shall leave him a little gift to make him pay more attention to me. Hopefully he will stop seeing me as a kid before I hit my growth spurt. Then again I hope I can live long enough to even mature and have my fo̱s activated.

I should go now. I hear Leona yelling about the soccer ball i "borrowed". Hopefully she doesn't realalize it was me before I can sneak it back into her room.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 02:50 PM
Dear Diary,

From here on out I shall rename you Deneb. I know my star will never read this but I want to reassure her that my time here is important. Perhaps through me we shall finally understand grounding though I think I am the first case of it in nearly five million light years. I cannot be sure though. History class was a bore when I was forty.

I could only sneak Leona's ball as far as Crendor's room and was sadly lecture. No more sugar for the week. I will have to sneak into the kitchen when she is away or beg Vincent to give me some through afternoon tea. Though he might not be willing when he has discovered what I have done. Well it's his fault for sleeping when I'm awake.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella

Star Strike
09-07-15, 02:57 PM
Dear Deneb,

VINCENT'S FACE WAS PRICELESS!!!!!! It was the best!

It took Vincent all week to finally open one of the books and find that I had scribbled in Astéri in every book and every page of the astrology section. The books where all lies and slander anyways. I found the ink in one of the rooms Vincent and Leona told me to not go in. When testing the ink i found that it disappears one hour after being exposed to air. Very helpful.

I hope he has learned his lesson and will join me in being nocturnal. There is much to be learned from being awake at night. Plus no sun burns!

Someone is at my door. Probably Vincent coming to congratulate me on a job well done.
I will resume it soon.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella

Star Strike
09-07-15, 03:11 PM
Dear Deneb,

I have been confined to my room with green growing things to eat. I do not wish to eat the green things nor to remain in my room. Vincent and Leona decided I was getting out of hand and decided to "teach me a lesson" or something. I am three hundred and sixty nine years old! I do not wish to be treated like I'm ninety. If only they knew when I reach five hundred I will tower over them. I do not mind this size but if they are treating me as a child because of it then I no longer want this height.

Wait till I get my strenght back. I'll show them. I will show them why on some worlds my kind is treated like gods.

In no mood for writing a closer. I miss my sparkle sparkle.

Star Strike
09-07-15, 03:30 PM
Dear Deneb,

I found my room unlocked this morning. I assume Vince realized this was a harsh punishment and now there is a large container of ambrosia next to my door. I will take this to a corner of the house of cards away from everyone. I do not wish to see people who do not understand. Then again I myself do not understand. I'm not even sure what i mean by that but it is okay. No one will read this and no one can say I am a meanie. Everyone thinks so anyways and that's why they sleep during the night.

I feel tired due to extreme lose of liquids groundlings call tears. It looks like the same thing they call blood but it does not appear this is also true for them.

I want to go home

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 03:50 PM
Dear Deneb,

Today was Vincent's birthday! A birthday is the day one is created although groundlings and skylings are usually not created but born. That must be hard because then they do not know their purpose. I shall help Vincent find his purpose. Maybe we have the same purpose. I hope not. He isn't the best dancer with his cane.

I gave Vincent one of my tears that Ray and Alyssa helped me put on a necklace so he doesn't lose it. Male groundlings do not wear necklaces in this world but he put it on to make me happy. I think. It matches his eyes which are very nice. He would be a nice child of Orion but he is not and would not fit in well with my kind. After all he is one who makes his own fate they we arrange the stars in.

Now he is flirting with a stranger Leona brought to help with the party. She is ugly. Look at the lack of sparkle her skin has. And it turns pink! Pink is hideous. If Vincent would talk to me like that my skin would turn a most rich and radiant shade of indigo. Though if Vincent did talk to me like that I'm sure it would be to mock me because I appear like a young groundling.

I think the strange groundling noticed me for she is looking at me. Vincent called me a her. I wish he would stop calling me a her now that I have picked up on some of this world's pronouns. It must be hard picturing a race that does not reproduce or have a gender but such things are unnecessary for us.

Everyone is headed off to sleep. I asked Vincent if he would like to look at the stars but he said he is too tired and is leading the strange female groundling to the library.

I will go sulk in the under sink cupboard until someone finds me.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 03:54 PM
Dear Deneb,

I miss the sky. I miss flying. I miss being at your side.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

p.s. Leona asked if Vincent and the female groundling bothered me. I said it did not and she explained that she does know I am without gender and cannot do what they do. I am not sure I fully understood but for some reason a weight in my chest is really heavy.

Star Strike
09-07-15, 03:59 PM
Dear Deneb,

I have been hiding you in the library in a crack Vincent is too large to reach. BUT HE DID!!! AND HE FOUND YOU!!!

It is okay though. He still finds my language as utter gibberish and thinks I misuse this to scribble on. He wants me to write my day down in common. That is not going to happen. If I have to talk to everyone here in common then I am going to hold onto my native tongue through you.

He can take the words he likes to throw around when mad at himself.

I will hide you now with the sugar stash I have began hording in my room.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 04:06 PM
Dear Deneb,

I have been to many worlds but I have never been to "Earth". The last time my kind was there was when we first reached out to other races. It's is how we got a bea-U-tiful fashion sense. That is all I remember from that history lessons.

Vincent doesn't want to talk about Earth right now. Leona says he does not miss it but I wonder, if like me, he sometimes feels distant in this world. Like a dwarf planet far away from a star's orbital field. No, he can't. He smiles too much for that. I cry too to remain.

If I grow up, if I can travel like my mentor, I would like to visit Earth with Vincent. Maybe not with Althanas Vincent but with Earth Vincent.
That would be nice.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 04:08 PM
Dear Deneb,

Sugar tastes false. It leaves a taste in my mouth that does not bring me joy. Vincent gave me a bowl of grass today and I ate it.

I do not feel well. My stomach is turning but I continue to eat the leafy greens. I shall go lie down.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 04:15 PM
Dear Deneb,

I woke up to find Vincent hovering over me. He looked upset. I do did not understand the reason at first.

Ioder told me I have been resting for several days. My face was really blue but I was uncomfortably warm. For groundlings, having a blue face means one cannot breath or one is too cold. Humans like Vincent have blue blood too but it turns red when exposed to air. Groundlings are really, really, weird.

I feel bad Vincent was worried about me. I want to go huddle under the kitchen sink again but Vincent won't let me. Instead he keeps telling me to drink sugar water. He promises when I get better I can point out all the stars with him. This makes me happy but I do not wish to be happy.

Why should I be when I am a waste of stardust. I do not wish to tell Vincent this for he will never leave me alone then.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 04:22 PM
Dear Deneb,

I'm all better but I'm avoiding Vincent. He lies, telling me he cares about me.

I over heard him speaking with Leona about Tap and Celestial magics. Are they the same? What if they overlapped? Could they have been combined to make something stronger than either of the two??

These were all questions they discussed. It hurt my head to think they only see me as a research subject. I must avoid Vincent. Perhaps I'll run away tomorrow. Or I would but I have a meeting with Quin, the Five of Cups, tomorrow. He is better counseling than Leona because he understands my kind and is sympathetic. In our meetings there is not barrier of languages.

Quin will not approve but I will prank Vince by hiding his notes in the cook books in the kitchen. Perhaps I should choose recipes with high amounts of sugar or sound really, really, yuck.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 04:27 PM
Dear Deneb,

I tired probing Vince about what he knows about my kind as I have not told him much. More of he has not asked much. He said he was too busy and would be spending today in a very serious meeting with the Major Arcana.

I used this time to decorate his office with lots and lots of salt, cause he is very salty. Then I removed and redid the binding so that while the book appears to be right side up the pages are upside down. I only got halfway through the history section when Vincent returned. I snuck back out without him suspecting a thing.

Am I not clever?

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 04:29 PM
Dear Deneb,

Vince assumes the pranks are because I feel lonely so he presented me with a hair pin today. It is very nice. I do not know why I am doing the pranks but they are funny.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 04:33 PM
Dear Deneb,

The sky is falling down. There is something happening over and around the House of Cards and it makes the ceiling shake. I do not like it. I want to go home.

Vincent and Leona assure us it is no big deal and have given an assignment to everyone. That is but me. My job is to be happy and give people hope. I know I use that word in passing but in truth I do not understand what it means.

What is hope? Is it physical, metaphysical, conceptual, temporal? I know of many dances and tales that speak of hope but I cannot understand what is is outside of that.

I will need to research the library for books on the subject. I would ask Vincent to help but he has his minds on other things.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 06:06 PM
Dear Diary,

Everyone is a "butt".

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 06:24 PM
Dear Deneb,

Leona has given me permission to start doing readings outside of our lessons but no one wants one.

I should not give myself my own readings because I could misinterpret them or inflict my own misfortune. So instead I have been following Vincent quietly throughout the day slightly out of his side. I am not sure if he finds this annoying or amusing but he has been teasing me about it during dinner.

No fun

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 06:37 PM
Dear Deneb,

I have not written in her for a while. My common is a bit better and Leona has taken me shopping many times. She has asked me to come with her to an important meeting of diplomatic importance. Since I appear "exotic" and "rare" I am being brought along as "eye candy" to distract the others from focusing and gaining the Hierarchy a better end of the deal.

Leona said I looked strange because my hair is heavily decorated with pins and brushes and my dress is extra glittery. She says typically she would have had me wear something more revealing but due to my size and fear of being touched my dress is nice, long, and flowing. It sparkles when I move just like I did before. It would move nicely if I could defy this planet's gravity.

While I like helping Leona I disliked people staring at me. I am so plain compared to how I once was. I miss being pretty and sparkly. A shattered mirror of the night sky, I am hideous.

Have to go. Leona wants to discuss the outcome before we return to the House of Cards.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 08:06 PM
Dear Deneb,

I showed my dress to Vincent and Ioder. They hesitated asking me if the dress was compensation for the fact I no longer sparkle. I left them behind in the library and went to the training room to practice dancing. I miss dancing with my mentor and it was relieving to just move in time to the music in my head.

It's a song no one here would know or how to produce. It's called a Nanoúrisma ti̱s Nýchtas. In summary, it is the combined singing of every star, every galaxy, every being. We sing our heart out, our song echoing back and forth through the universe. To listen and participate in Nanoúrisma ti̱s Nýchtas is something one cannot put words to. But if I were, I would say that by joining in the song, one knows the true meaning of not being alone.

Then Vincent made his presence known by preforming the whistle. I cannot recall if I was actually singing but the sheer embarrassment of dancing when I have had not in a long time was a enough for me to stop and attempt to leave. Vincent chased me down, informing me that I should dance more but I did not respond. I simply looked away. I think he continued to state that he would really appreciate seeing me dance more but I do not know if these are simply lies due to the pranks I have been preforming.

Part of me hopes not.
Part of me just wants him to go away.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella

Star Strike
09-07-15, 09:20 PM
Dear Deneb,

Vincent has been feeding me various sweets. Pudding, icecream, jelly, and various combinations of cinnamon and sugar on various other foods to name a few. In return I let Vince train me a bit. He is very skilled and easily out maneuvered me but if I wasn't effected by gravity and actually trained to fight I could beat him. But then he would just cheat.

Cheeky groundling. Wait till I return for a real rematch.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

Star Strike
09-07-15, 10:25 PM
Dear Deneb,

Vincent dragged me out to point out stars to him. I... it was an honor to share my people's knowledge instead of the knowledge of others. The night was perfect too. Clear enough to see the swirls and pigments of celestial bodies. Deneb's starlight was even visible tonight. I pointed out my asterism and explained the basic how the stars govern my kind and that we do not view the world in three but in four dimensions. Although I think he already knew this, I was glad he came and listened.

Perhaps next week I will pay more attention to his lessons in return.

Vincent is the only one I really care to be kind too.
I hope he feels the same way too.

Twinkle Twinkle,
Stella Stern

p.s. I do not know if I will write again... Vincent wants to up our lessons. But I will return when I have more free time.

Philomel
09-08-15, 05:57 AM
Name of Thread: The Diary of a Star (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29923-Diary-of-a-Star/page3)
Judgement Type: Workshop Submission
Participants: Star Strike

Rewards:
Star Strike (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?17934-Star-Strike) receives:
- 1860 EXP
- 85 GP

These scores include the 3x Althanas Day special EXP awards.

Logan
09-10-15, 02:16 PM
EXP and GP Added!