PDA

View Full Version : This is Halloween...

Vorin
10-30-06, 02:35 PM
...well, almost. It's almost upon us boys and girls. You know what day I speak of, the high gay holiday, All Hallows eve, etc... Halloween...that's what I'm getting at. Anywhy, I'm just curious o' a few things of my fellow Althanites.

-What has been your best costume? (How was it made, how did it go over?)

-What would be your ideal costume? (How would you pull it off? Cool catch phrases?)

-What has been the best costume you've seen? (and who or what wore it.)

-What's your favorite thing about Halloween? (Friends, candy, camp, candy, and did I mention candy?)

-How do you usually spend it?

-How would you want to spend it?

-How much candy do you usually hall in? (by the truckload?)

and...

-Are you a "take bowl" or "leave bowl" person? (You know, when those douche..I mean neighbors put out large bowls of candy and write a cute lil' note of "Take one please." Do you rob it for all it's worth or take the idio...honest route?)

Prelude
10-30-06, 02:54 PM
-What has been your best costume? (How was it made, how did it go over?)

I don't think I had a best costume, per say. Besides I always like my newest one most so its a biased judgement.

-What would be your ideal costume? (How would you pull it off? Cool catch phrases?)

I'd like to go as something really scary. I guess I really want an excuse to wear fake wounds, fangs, and those vests that make it look as though someone ripped your torso open. For fun, you know.

-What has been the best costume you've seen? (and who or what wore it.)

The best costume I've ever seen was a Jack Skellington one. I don't know who wore it but they even got on stilts to make themselves taller. It was pretty awesome.

-What's your favorite thing about Halloween? (Friends, candy, camp, candy, and did I mention candy?)

Carving pumpkins, scaring little kids (which I can do at christmas too), trading candy, chilling with friends, and costumes .

-How do you usually spend it?

I watch a movie, and walk around outside in my costume and talk to friends.

-How would you want to spend it?

Doing what I do every year, but I'd eventually like to work in a Haunted House.

-How much candy do you usually hall in? (by the truckload?)

1/25 of a truck load is my best guess. That includes my house leftovers.

and...

-Are you a "take bowl" or "leave bowl" person? (You know, when those douche..I mean neighbors put out large bowls of candy and write a cute lil' note or "Take one please." Do you rob it for all it's worth or take the idio...honest route?)

If I don't have a lot- rob it. If I can't carry much more- take one so I have an excuse to play around outside in the middle of the night longer.

Elrundir
10-30-06, 03:15 PM
What was your best costume?
Meh, I haven't really worn a Halloween costume in a long time. My favourite was when I dressed up as Austin Powers though. That was a fun day... but it was a store-bought costume, so eh. That was the only costume I ever wore where people wanted to take pictures of me when I came to the door to get candy, though, so it was cool.

What would be your ideal costume?
When I finally get around to finishing a cosplay costume. I have a few in mind and I'm sure I'll end up never making any of them but whatever.

What has been the best costume you've seen?
My friend dressed up as Al from Full Metal Alchemist for a Halloween party on Saturday. Despite the fact that he put it together in two days (outside of his school work) it was truly awesome.

What's your favorite thing about Halloween?
Lately? Whenever I don't have to deal with trick-or-treaters. Overall? Well, it used to be the candy, but now it's the parties with friends.

How do you usually spend it?
I'm the one who always gets stuck on candy duty, so... that answers that question. But the weekends around Halloween are party time usually.

How would you want to spend it?
Less candy-giving-outing, more parties.

How much candy do you usually hall in?
Whatever the trick-or-treaters don't get. ;__;

Are you a "take bowl" or "leave bowl" person?
Somewhere in between. Damned if I'm going to only take one piece, but I'm not enough of an ass to take the whole bowl. :p

Ashiakin
10-30-06, 05:34 PM
-What has been your best costume?

Eddie Munster (http://www.cyranos.ch/patrick.gif). It was pretty sweet.

Demiana
10-31-06, 11:56 PM
What was your best costume?
Went as a cigarette in second grade. I thought it was creative.... >_>
Goth ballerina....I want to go as Asuka from Evangelion but nobody would get the reference and I might as well just geek out at a con.

What would be your ideal costume?
Electron, so I could have an attractive force...what? I'm a materials engineer, so sue me!

What has been the best costume you've seen?
Patsy from Monty Python and the Holy grail. Also Hamburglar

What's your favorite thing about Halloween?
well, I did nothing this year...school night and such and saturday was the big party day. But I mostly like the gatherings. Candy's good but it's proportional to guilt

How do you usually spend it?
haven't really set a trend. first time not doing anything, but I hosted a party saturday (nothing big) and I'll usually hit up a party or two if I have a costume.

How would you want to spend it?
medium sized party with friends and beer-pong, apples-to-apples and whatever else the night calls for.

How much candy do you usually hall in?
back in the day, we used to take garbage bags with us and I don't think I was ever done before easter (hid it from my mom)

Are you a "take bowl" or "leave bowl" person?
I'm courteous. I'll take two or three, but if I'm hauling a garbage bag, it really doesn't matter - also depends on what's being offered.

New questions:
Favorite thing (candy, kiss?) you ever got on halloween?
One house ALWAYS had punch in a cauldron with dried ice. Down south when it's still t-shirt weather at night, you really appreciate the punch. The guy was also a dentist and gave out toothbrushes (and floss - and lollipops, he wasn't a prude).

Oddest received?
Campaign stickers. go figure, what with 5 days before elections. I don't know why more politicians haven't thought of this.