PDA

View Full Version : You Are Cordially Invited

Krystin
11-01-06, 09:51 AM
GiveUpAlready formally invites you to participate in the first annual Roleplaying Tournament Of Legends, to begin November 25, 2006.

2 vs. 2

Prizes:
1st place...$150 each
2nd place...$ 75 each
3rd place....$ 50 each
4th place....$ 25 each

Also:
A banner proclaiming you the winner.
An announcement in GUA Hall of Fame as to the awesomeness of your rping abilities.

Also needed, volunteers to be judges. And yes, you do have to prove you know how to judge.

If you would like, you may advertise your forums in the subforum we will have set up for you to do so. Also, you may have a banner in your signature with a link to your forum. You also have the choice if you want to affiliate. These are options that are available for you.

You have a choice to bring a friend you enjoy rping with, or if you don't know someone, we will have the meat pit to help you find a partner to rp with for the tournament.

Limitation: One character per person.

We do ask that you make a character profile on GUA, you can utilize the one you have on your own forum or make a new one, this is your choice. All we ask is a basic character sheet to say what you can magically and physically do.

Signup's begin today, November 1, 2006.

To Sign up:
giveupalready.com

ps... I did not see a proper advertising forum so I'm sorry if I misplaced this.

Cyrus the virus
11-01-06, 01:59 PM
Looks fun, but I won't be participating. Too much work for me!

Letho and Storm should represent us, though :) Could be a nice way to get some members.

Krystin
11-01-06, 02:52 PM
It could be...we have over 20,000 members and you are allowed to advertise in the advertising forum (we have two for you), put links in your signatures as well as affiliate if your forum would like to. And if you do not have a partner that is fine too, we have the meat pit where you can show your work and see work that others will be putting there so you would be able to find one. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask....

if your admins here want to affiliate, just pm me and we will be happy to set it up.

Cyrus the virus
11-01-06, 03:42 PM
Perhaps I will register and take a look around, then. I like the idea of an affiliation, myself, since our activity has dwindled in the last month or so.

That's up to someone who isn't me, though, so I'll just go have a look around on GUA.

grim137
11-01-06, 04:00 PM
Interesting Dirks actually tried to get something like that set up here, but it fell through. I would joing but life has kept my activity too low.

Assirra Asuran
11-01-06, 04:33 PM
Do I smell a Canen Darkflight moment...?

DarkStrike
11-01-06, 06:15 PM
Yeah, currently we've got some general interest stirred at the BA, Battle Arena that is, and it looks like it may have some pretty good people showing up. Hell Cyrus is there, everyone else needs to go too ^^

Anyway, I'd like to mention a few things now. Make sure you check the rules out here (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=45030).

As far as I know personally, any character is welcome, standard Rping rules are in affect, and ou guys may want to beef your character's strength up. Strength I know isn't a big thing here, and even INDK isn't all that powerful despite being as high level as he is. Now the judging is based on Rping, but the extra edge may help you in the long run.

Hope to cya there!

~DarkStrike

Atzar
11-01-06, 11:51 PM
I urge you all, if you have the time, to consider this tournament.

I've Rped off and on here for years, and I've been at GUA even longer. This tournament is scored on Rping ability, and... let's just say that Althanas has some of the best writers I've seen on the web. Anybody here has a legitimate chance to join this tournament and kick ass.

Just a thought from someone who's seen the best of both worlds.

Lavinian Pride
11-02-06, 01:08 AM
I have to say I am quite impressed. I can't wait to see who we send if anyone. Is there a deadline on the entrants?

AdventWings
11-02-06, 08:13 AM
Heck, I might head on over there had the world not grip me with NaNoWriMo.

Too bad my kitty won't get to skin a few humans. Hehehe.

Ithermoss
11-02-06, 06:21 PM
Damnit. Would love to do this. Curse you full time job.

Storm Veritas
11-03-06, 09:58 AM
I might be interested in doing this too. If it doesn't start for a few weeks, I could actually be active in it.

Letho
11-03-06, 10:52 AM
It starts 25th November. If you need a partner, I might be interested in doing it as well, even though I didn't plan to do so in the begining.

Storm Veritas
11-03-06, 11:43 AM
Sounds good then. We can start hashing out details when I get back from my conference Wednesday.

Atzar
11-03-06, 11:55 AM
So why do the rest of us even bother entering, then? :P

Letho
11-03-06, 02:14 PM
Sounds good then. We can start hashing out details when I get back from my conference Wednesday.Awesome. I registered us over yonder, you just have to post and confirm the registration.

So why do the rest of us even bother entering, then? :PHey, the bigger they are, the harder they fall and all that. Nobody is unbeatable. Except maybe Damon. :P

Vampiric Angel
11-03-06, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of doing this also. Since GUA was my RP home before Abbie enticed me to come here, I know a lot of the muscle that they have going for them, plus I had participated in a couple tourneys. So I'm wanting to re-enter the fray as an Althy and beat some GUA member's asses that sincerely need it.

I might be going as Anen or my two GUA chars. Haven't quite decided.

If someone wants a partner than hit me up! I'm sure as hell not gonna get a GUA partner, unless I know them well enough to.

Lavinian Pride
11-03-06, 03:19 PM
Hey, the bigger they are, the harder they fall and all that. Nobody is unbeatable. Except maybe Damon. :P

I beat him once, and got a JC for it too....

Letho
11-03-06, 03:43 PM
Hence the 'maybe'... you lucky bastard. :P

Cyrus the virus
11-03-06, 03:54 PM
I beat him twice and he's never beat me. *shrug*

Storm Veritas
11-03-06, 08:55 PM
Registered. I'm "the Truth" there.

Krystin
11-04-06, 06:55 PM
One of the members here has offered to be a judge, if you have any others that would like to judge as well it would be helpful....I'm sorry I can't pay anything for the judges....but I was thinking about getting Tshirts made for that...I know sucky...but hey...it's a memory :)

Devin Argente
11-05-06, 04:54 AM
Heheh. I'm already there. Only, I'm writing on GUA's side, or so to speak. Not that I have any hope of even getting through the first few rounds, but I'm sure it'll be fun and a nice way to improve.

Krystin
11-06-06, 10:38 PM
Several members from here have joined for the tournament and I believe a couple from GUA have checked out your site and have made characters here. Even the person helping to host the forum on GUA has done so.

Althanas appears to have an awesome reputation for good rpers so I'm looking forward to reading the different posts, and I was surprised how many people were saying that from all different forums and it appears that The Truth ie... Storm Veritas and his partner are the two that are to be feared, or so rumor central has it. Though Ranji I think is going to kick some major ass, but I don't think he has a partner yet.

If you would like I can give updates on the fights once the tournament starts but I don't want to be a pain here. IF you rather I didn't that is fine too.

Cyrus the virus
11-06-06, 10:41 PM
It wouldn't be a pain at all O_o

Crazy Krystin! She's the one supporting the tournament (paying the rewards) so we can all thank her for her generosity and love for RPing :)

Serilliant
11-13-06, 12:18 PM
I'd also like to officially announce that Althanas will honor in-character prizes awarded to characters who participate in the tournament. This applies to current Althanas members and to anyone who may migrate over. The prizes may, of course, be moderated by our Realm of Greetings staff to ensure that they fit within Althanas guidelines.

In addition, experience points and (if applicable) gold will be awarded for all tournament threads pending some adequate conversation that we will determine.

In other words, what your character goes through and gains in the tournament will be recognized here. Consider yourselves champions representing the world of Althanas. Good luck.

Atzar
11-13-06, 01:04 PM
Well now... you have officially made up my mind about what character I'm going to use. I was going to make a new character (An Aztec-themed guy... I've used him in the past and he's cool) but if I get perks here for using Atzar then so be it.

Atzar it is.