PDA

View Full Version : Like a moth to a light

Ingenious
11-01-06, 10:28 PM
I keep hearing of Althanas and that it is good. I decided to check it out and it seems like a rather good place to rp. Also like some of the other members here, I come from Gua. My name is different on here though, I decided I would use something else for a change of pace, and ingenious was the first thing that came to mind. :p

Cyrus the virus
11-01-06, 11:20 PM
Howdy do. Your banner might be removed soon because we don't allow them in sigs :p

Nice to have you here, though. Things are a bit slow lately, but likely because so many people have headed off to University.

Ingenious
11-01-06, 11:53 PM
Univeristy? As in an actual university or a site. Anywho I kept hearing about this place so I decided to come have some fun here.

Anyway I saved whoever the trouble of removing my banner.

Cyrus the virus
11-02-06, 12:49 AM
Actual university :p Sorry about the banner thing.

Ingenious
11-02-06, 01:03 AM
No prob. I only recently took up the use of banners. Now to work on char creation. Already got a concept mostly complete, needs a history and the such so i'll be ready to rock and roll soon.

nekoprince
11-02-06, 06:41 AM
Awesome

Also, welcome to Althanas, enjoy your virtual Crack. If you ever need to ask a uestion, PM a mod for help, or really just about anyone. We'll all help I belive. But yeah, things are a bit slow lately, hopefully that'll change soon. Give me a ring whenever you have your profile up and if you ever want to Quest together.

AdventWings
11-02-06, 08:08 AM
Guwa~! Late, late, I'm late!

Hi! Welcome to Althanas! I'll be looking forward to see what kind of character you will be posting up. Be on the lookout for my Girls roaming about Althanas as well, Myao~!

Reiko
11-02-06, 09:29 AM
Guwa~! Late, late, I'm late!
Be on the lookout for my Girls roaming about Althanas as well, Myao~!
That's good advice, they're almost as cute as me, but less easy^^

hihi and welcome, hope you enjoy your stay, I hope this is another wave of GUA people looking for something better.

Witchblade
11-02-06, 10:35 AM
Time to bring out the welcome wagon!

*hands you a plate of cookies, which is good! But some of them are poisoned...which is bad.*

Welcome to Althanas, please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times or they may be removed by rabid, zombified characters who have been forgotten by their creators. Do not feed the following people for they may become dependant on you afterwards and are extremely hard to get rid of; nekoprince, Cyrus the Virus/Izvilvin, Santhalas, Thoracis, Slayer of the Rot, Realyse, Letho or Vampiric Angel. Any screams you may now be experiencing are the sounds of dying characters, do not alarmed for they shall be revived in new and inventive ways the following quest. Have a nice day. ^^

Letho
11-02-06, 11:04 AM
Welcome to Althanas, Ingenious. Witchblade gave you the rundown of this place, but forgot to say to keep your hands away from the redheads. If you do, you get beer. If you don't, you get a poisoned cookie. :P

Vorin
11-02-06, 02:16 PM
One more thing.

When it's with Letho, it's not rape, it's surprise sex. He has party favors and everything.

grim137
11-02-06, 02:19 PM
Welcome to Althanas, your vicious, bloody rapeing shall begin shortly.

Ingenious
11-02-06, 05:20 PM
Im not accepting any cookies from you people. I'll just go buy some cereal bars or something. I'd feel much safer about my health if I did that, that and buying an iron chasity belt so that I can't get any surprises that I don't want.

grim137
11-02-06, 05:36 PM
You learn quickly.

Witchblade
11-02-06, 05:40 PM
Damn newbies learn too fast!

*gives the cookies to grim instead, which is good! But some of them are laced with a sleep aid which is bad...for him*

Well, if you ever want someone to rp with, I'm sure you could randomly pm anyone on the board and they'd be happy to help. ^^ Or, you could make a recruitment thread in The Role-Players Corner. One or the other.

Vorin
11-02-06, 05:46 PM
If you want to see the cream of the crop here on Althanas, check this forum (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=75)out.

Oh, and don't be intimidated. Most people who've gotten those will roleplay with you, especially Letho.

If you need somewhere to start, I suggest Alerar...since I write for it.

Reiko
11-02-06, 06:05 PM
If you want to see the cream of the crop here on Althanas, check this forum (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=75)out.

Oh, and don't be intimidated. Most people who've gotten those will roleplay with you, especially Letho.

If you need somewhere to start, I suggest Alerar...since I write for it.

yay shameless plugs^^

though Alerar's great for steam punk, Corone's the best for beginners. it's the most easy going place to write and there isn't the level restriction like Scara Brae.

oh yeah, something to remember when checking out the JCs. The best threads are the ones you have the most fun participating in, not the ones that score the highest.

oh and finally, if Grim or Vorin try anything, you have legal rights to castrate them.

Edit: Yay another samurai, I've been getting lonely being the only ronin^^

Witchblade
11-02-06, 06:19 PM
Ohh yay! Shameless advertising of regions!

Come to Fallien, we're in the middle of a civil war right now and having a samurai come around would kick some major ass. :p

Let me know if you're interesting, since I co-write the region we can work something out!

Ingenious
11-02-06, 06:48 PM
Yeah, i've been itching to play around with a samurai, and I needed a char for althanas, so put 1 and 1 togather and you get 11. Anywho I chose corone because it was the simplest to start in. I'll check out fallien, but if I did go, do I have to have a thread showing me going or do I just poof there basically.

EDIT: ill go check em all out out and decide.

Witchblade
11-02-06, 06:56 PM
lol, you kind of just 'poof' there.

You can make mention to how your character got to the specific region if you want, however you do not have to. It addsa backstory though and really, it only take a paragraph to say you came in by ship, or that you're freaking tired from walking all the way there.

Althanas has this great liquid time thing, where your character can be in like several different places at once, as long as you can keep track of it all in your head, you're good to go. :p

Ingenious
11-02-06, 07:10 PM
I'm just checking my limitations here. Anyway are there any threads of interest that I would be able to join in the respective places suggested or am I going to have to start 'em.

Witchblade
11-02-06, 07:18 PM
Open Threads are something that seem to have disappeared from Althanas. For the most part, you should check out The Role-Players Corner for recruitments. Or, if you have something in mind, create a thread there and get people to join up. There are also mission boards in almost every region I believe, so if you can't think of anything and nothing interests you in the RPC, check out the boards and grab a mission.

grim137
11-02-06, 07:53 PM
There are still some threads around, usually by newer members, they're just few and far between now days. I would suggest checking the peacefull promenade or scara brae, since thats where most newer members like to start RPings. There also usually an open battle or two in the Citadel.

Atzar
11-02-06, 07:55 PM
Hey, another one from GUA.

I'm from GUA as well and I brought three others with me - two that are active there and one that thought GUA should burn in hell.

So yeah, I'd say the new wave of recruits is arriving ;)

But yeah... I've been here for like two weeks. I probably don't have the right to welcome anybody, but I will anyway just to be a defiant little bastard.

Welcome!

Letho
11-02-06, 08:01 PM
Atzar, your avy reminds me of a guy who played a giant otter around here.

Ingenious
11-02-06, 08:09 PM
Yo ether. Thats who I assume you are anyway.

yeah i'll prolly start splitting my rping between here and gua. Other places will still have the occasional post. Technically im part of four rping forums but really only rp active at gua, and well somewhat here. Just go to find myself somethin to join.

Atzar
11-02-06, 08:37 PM
You would be right...

Yeah, I probably won't RP too much at GUA anymore - except for the Legend Tourney. I like this site a lot more for RPing - this doesn't need to make it back there, but the judges here actually know what they're doing >.<

Anyway...

I think I actually remember the otter-guy. I've been around Althanas off-and-on for a few years, and that really sounds familiar.

Ingenious
11-02-06, 08:42 PM
Yeah, your Ds mostly from what I have seen. Anywho I usually hang out in the BA. And people seem to know better here than there. It seems more people put more effort in here than in present day BA. Back in the day, the BA had effort that was shown here, I think that's part of the reason why I like it here

Atzar
11-02-06, 08:48 PM
I used to RP in the BA a lot... particularly when people like Oak and Oceana were around. Back then, my name was Gizmorc. Then, Oak left, and it just seemed like the skill of the people in the BA slid a lot after that.

grim137
11-02-06, 08:52 PM
The otter guy is better known on his alternate account which I'm not even going to attempt to write out because it's all numbers. Just thought I should point that out. Also Oak his here, he's currently known as INDK, Workout Wonder, and Molotov (and maybe a few other names as well). The Truth is currently here and is known as Storm Veritas. There are a few other former GUAers here though I'm not 100% sure who they are.

Ingenious
11-02-06, 08:54 PM
Even those around when oak, oceana, ebi and the such actively participated in the BA slack nowadays. I should know, im one of them. Although I do in certain threads and on certain occasions put effort in, but the general level of effort and skill put forth has slid tremendously and I don't have the will to try and put effort into every post when someone else is going to post a few words, although there are a few noobs that are rather skilled and do stuff often like in the old ba. Micheal_Lacn and andanin, newly appointed mods over there. Although the performance of a few people isn't going to change much. I came here in hopes of betterment of myself along with rping with people who used the skill that they have instead of being lazy.

EDIT: oak used to be known as molotov on gua, but do any of the elder GUAers actively rp here?

grim137
11-02-06, 08:58 PM
Oak (or INDK as he's known here ) was the most active member for a long time, though he hasn't been around lately, he's also currently the highest level character here. The Truth (whose known as Storm Veritas here) is around and his very active. There are a few active newer members from GUA though like I said I'm not entirely sure who they are. Abbie (known as Gekko Pixie or something on GUA) was also active for a long time around here under various user names untill she left due to personal issues.

Atzar
11-02-06, 09:08 PM
Myself, Khungar, and Serus Tarsin are all newer Althanas members that hail from GUA. Khungar is D Stortion on GUA, who just got promoted, and Serus is W.O.L.F. over there.

Did INDK go somewhere? He hasn't been active for awhile under either Molotov or INDK...

Vorin
11-02-06, 09:15 PM
Yeah, he went to the real world. He's in like, super college, something I can't remember.

Atzar
11-02-06, 09:38 PM
Oh, that's cool... good for him. I hope he's doing well.

Ingenious
11-02-06, 10:03 PM
Im trying to find familiar people to roleplay with so I can ease my way into althanas.

Atzar
11-02-06, 10:06 PM
hmm... I've never roleplayed with you before (not that I remember, at least - if I did, it was literally years ago), but I'm all for a quest/spar if you want... I won't post until Monday, though - I'm leaving for the weekend.

Cyrus the virus
11-02-06, 10:09 PM
It's a lot less hard than people think :p Just... Write something!

If you're here to get better, then you couldn't likely find a better place. Have fun ;)

Ingenious
11-02-06, 11:06 PM
People are cautious of new things. Im too use to the ba system which i've noticed you didn't like. Lately i've been looking for something new. anywho i didn't want to break any rules of the forums or the such or rping in these forums so that's why I was looking for someone familiar. I'll prolly start posting tomorrow.