PDA

View Full Version : By the Thaynes!

Hysteria
11-03-15, 04:53 PM
So, I've been making a concious effort to put in references to the Thaynes in my writing. Sometimes it's a simple 'Thaynes protect us!' or 'why in Y'edda’s big blue sky?'

What about everyone else? Do you use or reference them at all?

Flamebird
11-03-15, 04:59 PM
I was thinking of putting in a line for this one post (I forget which) "Thaynes help me, I will rip your..." xD

I enjoy throwing in references to Althanas lore into my writing, including Thaynes. :D

Karuka
11-03-15, 05:01 PM
I do sometimes with Aly or Illara, but if Illara mentions the gods, it's usually the Star Pantheon. Karu's more likely to use Celtic or Norse gods.

BlackAndBlueEyes
11-03-15, 05:10 PM
I've been flirting with the idea to kill one, just to see if Maddy could

But other than that, I have referenced them once in a while.

Logan
11-03-15, 05:31 PM
I do the same. I tend toward using the Thayne in general as part of a curse, replacing what we would use on earth. I do the same exchange of words between hell and Haide. It works well.

I use Jomil by name on the regular now, too.

"By Jomil's hand..." was used in my most recent post in my solo as a means of conveying a statement of awe.

Artifex Felicis
11-03-15, 05:34 PM
I try to, but there's something a bit more difficult to do proper curse words with many of their names, due to their pronunciation.

Hromagh's Balls doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well as I'd like, and many of the others I haven't really figured out the right curse words for them.

redford
11-03-15, 06:07 PM
I like to use "by my thayne"

Fez_The_Kid
11-04-15, 12:23 PM
I usually go with "Thayne-damned [insert object here]." Didn't try other references yet, though.