PDA

View Full Version : Calendar

black shadow
11-06-15, 06:45 AM
What is the current year of Athanas Cannologically? (Another Althanism right there)

Also what would be the way they do days, years and months? thank you!

Logan
11-06-15, 09:43 AM
Current year is "roughly" 1815.

As for how time is tracked, it is up for debate. Some peoples of Althanas, such as the Orc clan Bard had been working on/with, have a different scale of time than weeks or months. It should be up on the wiki somewhere. I'll let Bard answer when he gets back from his stint of being poked, prodded and thoroughly medically abused.

It also possible Christoph might know off the top of his head. I'll have him pop into this conversation once he hops on.

EDIT: Most peoples of Althanas tend to use the standardized human calendar in use today with 12 months = 1 year, 30/31 days = 1 month, 4/5 weeks = 1 month, 7 days = 1 week, 24 hours = 1 day, 60 minutes = 1 hour, etc.

Bard
11-06-15, 10:15 AM
Based on what I can remember, Christophes calendar consists of months, based on the four seasons, with a five day period at the end of autmn to rpresent the harvest period. The months are Ascending Winter, Descending winter, ascending spring, descending spring, ascending summer, descending summer, ascending fall, descending fall, harvest period. Each month consists of 45 days (8 times 45=360), which is excluding the 5 day harvest period. Christoph of course can supply info where needed.

As for my orcish calendar, the current encarnation can be found under “Drumheller’s lexicon”, but it will need to undergo revisions, given writer commentary.

Please excuse typos, there’s no spell checker option on this device.

Christoph
11-06-15, 07:48 PM
Autumn and spring are single months, and each month consists of six "Span", or sixty days. Other than that, Bard was correct.

This calendar is used in Salvar and to some extent in Corone, alongside a merchant calendar.

black shadow
11-06-15, 09:36 PM
So would the people of Raiaera use this calendar aswell? Or do they have their own?

Christoph
11-06-15, 10:29 PM
They would have their own, because elves, lol. Probably based on stars or something. I need to get with Mord about that.

Morningstar
11-06-15, 11:22 PM
Or Christoph can steel one from Bard when he returns... he probably wouldn't even miss it.
:D

black shadow
11-06-15, 11:35 PM
Haha! Alright, thank you! I am planning a thread for shadow but I'll need to know something like that, it's a fairly important part of the thread. Thanks for the help