PDA

View Full Version : Corn On The Cob

Empyrean
11-03-06, 05:00 PM
Which has absolutely nothing to do with this!

I'm back, although yes, I realize I didn't ever say I would be gone. I just got caught up in the world of Busy. I'm trying to switch jobs, go to art class, write, work on my portfolio and prepare for an interview.

Speaking of which, I'll be gone next week on Thursday and Friday for said interview at the Art Institute of Chicago, my dream school. Cue the fangirly squeals and panic attacks.

Anyway, I've finished all art requests for you guys, which I'll be uploading tomrrow after some edits, and finally posting in my threads this weekend. Check my art thread to see a bit of what I've been up to lately. :)

And for your random amusement, here's a present (http://cornonthekabob.ytmnd.com/) I found for my fellow Star Wars fans (turn up the volume a little). :D

Letho
11-03-06, 05:52 PM
Yay for coming back and posting in the threads! When I first saw your thread in the Intro/Outro forum, I thought you're announcing that you're like going away. I'm glad that I was wrong. :)

And good luck at the interview, although they better accept you if they know what's good for them.

Vorin
11-03-06, 06:00 PM
And good luck at the interview, although they better accept you if they know what's good for them. Said Letho as he loaded his pistol.

Welcome back Slappy.

Reiko
11-03-06, 06:20 PM
yay welcome back. and yummy corn^^

I hope things go well, you always have interesting characters.

nekoprince
11-03-06, 11:03 PM
Welcome back, and amazing, I think you have actually satishfied, or close enough anyway, Althanas' demands for art! Congrats, and good luck on the intterveiw.

Empyrean
11-04-06, 12:36 PM
Haha, thanks guys.

Letho, thanks for the implied offer of harm, but if they don't accept me I can totally handle it. ;)

AdventWings
11-07-06, 09:20 AM
Myao~! ^w^

Good to see you back again!

Sloth
11-07-06, 10:11 AM
Screw Chicago, come to Boston and hang out with me in Cambridge. We'll throw stuff at the Harvard kids and poke fun at their clothes, and every now and then we can lay the smackdown on Cory and Storm if he's still around.

Besides, Chicago is sketch kid. What do you want to major in?

Letho
11-07-06, 10:45 AM
I think the people mentioned (Sloth by all means included, Storm excluded :P) are a good reason to get as far as possible from Boston.

Vorin
11-07-06, 02:04 PM
Empy! You should so come to Boston, we can go shopping together!

Empyrean
11-07-06, 07:12 PM
Screw Chicago, come to Boston and hang out with me in Cambridge. We'll throw stuff at the Harvard kids and poke fun at their clothes, and every now and then we can lay the smackdown on Cory and Storm if he's still around.

Besides, Chicago is sketch kid. What do you want to major in?

Sounds fun! I could kick Storm's ass, if he's around. For no reason other than fun. :D
I want to major in 2D animation, and hopefully graphic design at some point. And I want creative writing too.

Letho - Haha, I think meeting anyone on Althanas in real life would be scary. :D

Cory - I would totally take you up on that offer.

My interview day is drawing close. And now I'm really panicking and running around buying mats for my portfolio pieces. Whoo.

Sloth
11-07-06, 08:04 PM
Meh, the Graphic Design program is wicked, wicked good but the 2D Animation here kinda sucks. It's not exactly one of the easiest fields to get into either.

You can take creative writing courses here since we're part of Lesley University. I plan on taking one next semester. I hope your portfolio is full of still lifes and figure drawings cause they bitch out if they're not, as I found out the hard way.

Mmhmm, Cory smells. Yeahyeahyeah.

AdventWings
11-08-06, 12:18 AM
Why would you need to take creative writing courses, Sloth? You have Althanas! ;)

Hahaha. Good luck with getting in, Gina. Blow them out of the water with your mad skillz! :D

Empyrean
11-08-06, 10:45 AM
Meh, the Graphic Design program is wicked, wicked good but the 2D Animation here kinda sucks. It's not exactly one of the easiest fields to get into either.

You can take creative writing courses here since we're part of Lesley University. I plan on taking one next semester. I hope your portfolio is full of still lifes and figure drawings cause they bitch out if they're not, as I found out the hard way.

Mmhmm, Cory smells. Yeahyeahyeah.

Yeah, Cory smells.
And I know, everyone everywhere freaks out if you don't have that stuff. Luckily I have a LOT of figure drawing. I took a lot of nude figure drawing classes, which they like...of course, my still lifes aren't all that numerous....shit....*panic*

Yami - you rock so much. :D

Letho
11-08-06, 11:16 AM
You can always say that the person you drew was dead when you drew it and pass it of as still life. Or, you add an apple and a pear at his feet and say it's a combination. What? Modern quasi-artists draw worse shit and sell it for oodles of money. :P

Empyrean
11-15-06, 05:55 PM
OKAY.

I've been back since Friday. I've also been sick since Friday. I have ear infections, a sore throat, pain in my head, and can't really hear all that well.

BUT I WILL WRITE, DAMNIT.
Enough of this writer's block stuff. :D

The interview went relatively well. Although the guy said I should add more stuff that reflects my interests in my portfolio and mentioned soemthing about me being a little culturally naive (to which I intelligently replied "Um, okay"), but basically I can get in if I want. :D

Oh, also, I stole my dad's hat for this picture. :)

AdventWings
11-16-06, 06:51 AM
Culture naive... I wonder how that works? Hollywood and Fox has done worse and they're doing fine as far as I can tell.

Ack. I hope that ear infection and other oodles of bad feelings melt away under your awesome willpower. :D

Letho
11-16-06, 11:48 AM
Hey, van Gogh cut off his ear and he was a great artist. Maybe you should do the same, Empy. You rid yourself of an ear, an ear infection and you get some awesome painting skills and stuff. ;)

Seriously though, I'm glad you managed to get in. And that you're determined to break the writer's block. I would give you my special hammer for such instances, but I broke it last time I had to deal with a writer's block. :D