PDA

View Full Version : shopping for a little update

Reiko
11-04-06, 11:40 AM
Ki walked into the shop with a bit of a spring in her step, shopping was something that she enjoyed when she wasn’t desperate. It was more fun to shop for a sword or a kimono when you could walk away and not feel guilty, be defenseless or having to walk funny to keep slashed up clothing from revealing things it shouldn’t. But this was one of the days when Ki wanted something better but didn’t need it. She wanted a better bow so she didn’t have to get close. The nine tails was a demon up close with her Onitachi and probably would have much need for a new sword, most warriors died before they had a chance to see such a weapon.

But Ki knew better than to charge in and since she was as much Inari as Kit, she had to utilize her inherited archery skills for when charging forward with the black demon blade was stupid. And the oak bow from Inari’s childhood just wasn’t going to cut it anymore.

“Um Hi!” Ki said cheerfully, a good impression on the merchant was something that could mean the difference between getting the best bow she could get. “I really heard this place got the best deals from the fletchers and bowers. And all the best adventurers know to come here.” Her nine tails wagged in hops she could get a good deal. Hopefully the merchant wasn’t one of those ‘flattery will get you no where’ types. That thought that she might be digging her own money grave3 made the vixen a little nervous.

“I um need a hankyu short bow that a girl like me can draw, but has enough punch that I might take down some big monsters before they get their teeth on me.” Ki told what she wanted and thought about some good materials, in hopes to prove that she wasn’t an amateur in picking out bows, if it was swords the vixen could see through any trick, but bows were a bit different.

“I heard Ulder is really good for short bows and bone works pretty well too. I really need it to last as well. I can’t have it breaking in an adventure.”

nekoprince
11-05-06, 11:04 AM
"Be careful with that box kid," Lionel said, hanging up another one of his finished chainmail shirts. He was, of course, referring to a somewhat smallish box that a young boy was carrying, who promptly placed in on the table, obviously releaved that he didn't have to carry it anymore. Lionel smilied, tossing the carrier a small bag filled with a couple gold pieces. Enough to pay him for what he did at least. Before he could open it though, another customer entered, this one actually asking smart questions. Or more accuratly, wasn't an idiot and hot.

"Well, I think there's an ulder and bone bow somewhere in my backroom in good condition. That would last you for a while if your careful," Lionel said aloud, easily picking up the box on the counter and setting it behind. "With some arrows the price will be 220 gold."

He grinned, dissapearing for a momet int he backroom to gather up the mentioned bow. Kate wasn't around, she was delivering a few messeges in some out of the way areas. Not that it mattered to Lionel, business was slowling down a bit. He came back out from the backroom, holding the shiny bow in hand, almost lovingly waxed. A cheap spell, but the cat merchant made a bit of money off of it.

"How do you like it?"

Reiko
11-05-06, 06:56 PM
Ki smiled as she looked at the short bow. As her eyes told her it looked like it would be good and had a nice feel to it. To tell the truth the priced wasn’t bad and while not having enough coins, Ki could trade in her old bow. Even though it was a gift to Inari, one of the nine tails’ past selves so it might be moot. Well it was probably best to have the best she could get and she still had her flute, a gift to Kit from the same kitsune. Ki decided it would be fare.

“I have 210 and I can trade in my old bow. It’s in good shape and still has a good bowstring too.” Ki swished her tails in unison as she hoped he liked the idea. “And what arrows would I get? ” The vixen went over the bow. “I think steel tipped on an oak shaft would be fair.

nekoprince
11-05-06, 08:21 PM
"Iron and oak arrows actually, but I'll give you a two baker's dozen," Lionel said smiling. "Or half as many steel tipped ones. Doesn't really matter to the guy getting hit though. Still, I'll take the new bow and call it even at 210. I'm assuming that'll be fair Miss."

Reiko
11-05-06, 09:01 PM
Ki nodded; yeah he was probably right that iron headed was good enough. Steal would only be slightly better and having twice as many arrows to play around with and if the Fletcher made the heads sharp enough than it would do. “Ok iron arrowheads sound fine. I’ll just have to get close if the foe’s heavily armored, but then he’ll be too slow to avoid my sword.” The vixen smiled knowing well that she should be fine. Might have to buy some better ammo later once she had the money. “Alright, here’s the coin and the old bow.” Ki placed the items on the counter. All her spending money was gone.

nekoprince
11-06-06, 09:25 PM
The cat merchant handed over the bow in his hands, accepting the girl's payment. The gold imediatly went to here it was supposed to go, but he held onto the bow, just in case.

"Do you need anything else miss?"

((Transaction basically done, just post conclusion if you will and pick out your arrows.))

Reiko
11-14-06, 10:05 PM
Ki shook her head for usual offer of further services. Spending any more would just leave her in dire straits and the bow and arrows were all she needed. "No the bow and arrows are enough, thanks anyways."

Ki was sure that her shopping day was a success.

nekoprince
11-15-06, 08:28 PM
((Transaction complete and whatnot

Gold Taken away is 210, zippo remains at time fo thread completion.
Give 40 EXP for a thread.))