PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment! (You'll want to get in on this)

Cyrus the virus
11-05-06, 07:09 PM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=2963

Originally solo, but part 3 was always intended to be solely an epic battle against Glimmerfang and Sasarai. Believe me when I say you'll want to be a part of part 3.

This, meanwhile, is part 2. I was thinking a while back that part 3 would ignore introductions from everyone who came along to fight the dragon, but now think it might be best for those people to be introduced here.

Basically, everyone who joins will get 3 or so posts when Glimmerfang comes to their home region to wreak havoc. This will be your motivation to come along for the final fight against the dragon and the sorceror, once I've finished with this quest here.

What those who want to join need to know:

A) You won't be doing much damage, but of course you are welcome to try to. The idea is to witness the dragon's power and convince your character that he needs to help in stopping him and the evil man who controls him.

B) After your three posts, you're done :p Your next post in this storyline will be at the beginning of part 3, where you explain how an NPC of mine got in contact with you and brought you to Izvilvin. Once everyone's gathered, we enter Glimmerfang's lair for the most epic fight I've ever considered.

C) I love you. Plz join.

D) The spoils for part 3 will kick ass, but of course are all subject to the judging rubric and judge's opinions and all that. But imagine killing a dragon that the gods could not, a dragon that had to be sealed away for millenia because he was too powerful to be defeated. Damn right.

E) You don't need to have a 'strong' character. A clever one, I encourage. A helpful one that can aid the party in any way, I adore. Healers, buffers, anything like that... People immune to magic, or with methods of countering magic, will fight Sasarai.

F) Come on! When this quest is eventually done, and part 3 begins, it'll be fun as hell.

G) In the final battle, part 3, if you dont post and it is hindering progress, I'll bunny you.

H) If you take part in this, you're not totally obligated to fight Glimmerfang in the next quest.

I) You don't need to be in this quest to be in the next one, but you won't be able to have a very long introduction.

ALSO, please include the region you'd be in when the dragon comes along. Sasarai will be bringing him to each one in order to demand the people to follow him.

Group (for my reference):

Raiaera
Elrundir
Madd hatter

Alerar
Belenus
Drake
Bandit Brother

Salvar
Beauty
Séreméla
Diligo Contemno

Corone
Banda
Reiko
Leon (Countryside)
Ingenious

Fallien (last)
Izvilvin
Ira Shinkara
Zerith

Non-Corone characters desired...

streak101
11-05-06, 07:46 PM
ooo!ooo! I'd like to join in on the dragon bashing!

Witchblade
11-05-06, 08:05 PM
Kick freaking ass!

I totally loved the first solo and am definitely in on the conclusion. Either of my characters would be of great help, but I think Ira's soul crushing abilities might prove interesting and helpful... or course Witchy is the stronger one... hmm... You pick, Matt. :p

Reiko
11-05-06, 08:15 PM
I have a powerful sword that might be useful. I'd like to join as well.

for the meeting of the dragon I might have it be in Nihon since that's technically Ki's home.

Artifex Felicis
11-05-06, 08:21 PM
You had me at Http

Anyways, assuming you'll have me Leon lives around Corone in the Concordian Forest. Though, be interesting to see some of the people who would go along too. ^^

Mmmm, dragon blood

Cyrus the virus
11-05-06, 08:27 PM
ALL OF YOU ARE IN BECAUSE I AM SO COOL OK O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O

God, now I want to rush through the quest and just fight the damn thing... Mweeehehehe.

STREAK: Home region needed.
MEG: Ira. More flexible, friendship with Izvilvin better than Witchy's. Fallien, yes?
JON (right?): Where the funk is Nihon? If it's in none of our regions, can you have your character elsewhere when Glimmerfang comes along?
ARTIPOO: Corone. Got it.

Witchblade
11-05-06, 08:28 PM
Matt, only allow Artifex in if he agrees to become my slave. :p

Otherwise say no.

*EDIT* NOOOO! Bad Matt!

Cyrus the virus
11-05-06, 08:29 PM
Done, for you are a woman and have boobies.

Artifex Felicis
11-05-06, 08:30 PM
Teh Kitty Are Sad Because Prey Forces Collar on Him

I'll get you Cyrus! Also, the conclusion would basically involve a couple posts of Glimmerbutt ravaging the countryside right?

Witchblade
11-05-06, 08:32 PM
Kick ass! I have another slave!

*goes to edit signature*

Tee hee

Reiko
11-05-06, 08:44 PM
umm alright, I'll have her in Corone.

streak101
11-05-06, 08:56 PM
Home Region: Corone I guess

Cyrus the virus
11-05-06, 11:24 PM
Nice, added you all.

Artifex: Conclusion!? CONCLUSION!? HAHAHAHAHAHA! The whole QUEST is Glimmerfang ravaging things! With, you know, other stuff in between involving Alurnes and some other people.

Ingenious
11-05-06, 11:37 PM
I'll join if there are still spots. I'm consider myself to be in corone . If necessary im sure I could prolly be elsewhere.

Jasmine
11-06-06, 12:06 AM
I'd like to join this as well. though i'm not sure which character it would best suit. Beauty is a healer, even though she's not aware of it yet and Jas can do just about anything.

Cyrus the virus
11-06-06, 12:36 AM
THERE ARE INFINITE SPOTS

Jas, if Beauty has any healing spells by the time part 3 starts, she'll definately be wanted/needed in the epic battle. A healer! Fortuitous!

Jasmine
11-06-06, 12:56 AM
okie dokie then, Beauty it is, she is from Salvar

Cyrus the virus
11-06-06, 01:17 AM
Nice, a Salvarian!

I need a Raiaeran or two as soon as possible, as that's Glimmer's first stop in my quest. Krugor, buddy? Where are you, man!?

Séreméla
11-06-06, 03:55 PM
Mind if I join in the dragon/sorcerer killing? It'll help me in my solo to fight strong old magic since I am currently on a year long quest in order to find the oldest magic that hasn't been used since the Tap Wars....pretty pretty pretty please?????????????? If yes, I am currently in Salvar

Cyrus the virus
11-06-06, 05:00 PM
Added to der list.

If I don't get Raiaerans by Friday I'll just carry on without them.

Séreméla
11-07-06, 10:40 AM
Jasmine/Beauty...do you want to get together via PM and maybe meet up in Salvar and team up durring part 2 for those three posts or something? Let me know through messages.

Diligo Contemno
11-07-06, 12:23 PM
C is an absolute lie.

I'd be in Salvar. I can't heal, but I can at least numb wounds.

Cyrus the virus
11-07-06, 11:08 PM
Don't expose my lies >=D

You be added to the Salvarians! I need Raiaera pplz.

Séreméla
11-08-06, 01:02 AM
So hopefully this won't start until Sunday because I am gone all the rest of the week with no computer :( but I will try to get to one.

Cyrus the virus
11-08-06, 01:23 AM
Pff, this won't start for quite some time. Except for those in Raiaera, which is why I need them to sign up by friday :D

Elrundir
11-08-06, 06:31 AM
Not surprisingly, I'll sign up for Raiaera.

Cyrus the virus
11-08-06, 07:03 AM
Yaaay!

Thanks, bubba. Hope you're anxious to meet the grandest dragon of 'em all!

Lady Blackwell
11-15-06, 09:13 AM
hey if theres still room i want my guy to learn about dragons who knows where he might go in his theiving i can help a lot with my tactics after my encounter with him wherever you need him to be hell know a bit about his fighting style and so can come up with a plan that will FAIL! but will be fun to think about.

Cyrus the virus
11-15-06, 10:57 AM
Your character will need some kind of motivation to basically go on a suicide mission. Glimmerfang is far from any typical dragon, *cough*. :)

Zerith
11-15-06, 12:44 PM
If you don't mind, I'd like to sign up Z-Man for Fallien.

Cyrus the virus
11-15-06, 01:07 PM
OH I MIND YOU MOTHAF-

I mean sure :)

I should have a post up tonight and then Elrunny can post up some response to Glimmerfang's terribleness.

Drake
11-15-06, 01:17 PM
if you dont mind i would like to get in with this too.

Cyrus the virus
11-15-06, 01:19 PM
Join up with your buddy in whatever region he chooses to be in, then. You guys will likely see the dragon attacking somewhere, and your posts will basically be introductions for the third quest, when the battle actually happens.

Belenus
11-15-06, 02:01 PM
Looks to me like you're lacking Alerarians, and I'd be happy to have Lugh represent his home country. Of Alerar.

So... I submit Lugh Belenus Dalton IV for Alerar. ;)

Cyrus the virus
11-15-06, 02:10 PM
Noice. I'll add that mofo right now.

Lady Blackwell
11-22-06, 09:38 AM
ok matt put me and drake in alerar seeing as that is where my guy is right now anyways haha

Cyrus the virus
11-22-06, 03:01 PM
Done. I'll let you guys know when it's about time to get involved.

Waiting on Elrundir ;)

Elrundir
11-22-06, 03:31 PM
Sorry for the delay, but this essay I have to do turned out to be a way bigger beast than I thought. >.> I will get to it as soon as I have a spare moment, I promise.

Cyrus the virus
11-22-06, 04:10 PM
You take your time, I just wanted to make sure you remembered >=D

The Madd Hatter
11-23-06, 11:08 AM
If you still need more people, Cyrus, I can join in as well. I promise I will get my three posts in. The Madd Hatter would be in Raiaera.

Cyrus the virus
11-23-06, 12:20 PM
Sure.

Cyrus the virus
11-24-06, 01:27 AM
Good one, Elrundie! Playing up Glimmerfang's invulnerability rules!

Hatter's up, unless he wants to wait until I post. Doesn't matter, really.

The Madd Hatter
11-24-06, 01:43 AM
I will wait for you to post.

Izvilvin
01-17-07, 11:05 PM
So yeah, thing's finally moving along. After a post from Elrundir, Sasarai and dragon will arrive in Alerar for something kind of similar to what happened in Raiaera. As far as I know, bandit brother, drake and belenus are all inactive, so the quest should be solo for a little while.

Just an update :)

Lady Blackwell
01-18-07, 07:25 AM
well i know me and drake are not inactive we are on and checking every day for stuff if not on these chars on others but yeah me and drake are ready for our three posts.

Ataraxis
01-18-07, 09:51 AM
I'm in for Fallien whether you like it or not! Hah!

But is he attacking before, during, or after the war there?

Tell me the answer is liquid time.

Cyrus the virus
01-18-07, 02:11 PM
The answer is indeed liquid time, otherwise Izvilvin wouldn't be there, ha.

I'll let you guys know when it's time to post, Jon.