PDA

View Full Version : A ring of fire

redford
01-21-16, 02:59 PM
(I'd like to purchase a ring that will summon a cigar to John's hand with the snap of his fingers. This is gonna be for plot purposes, so I'd like it made of the cheapest material possible, but I'd like about three cigars a thread, please)

John lifted a thin curtain to the side, exchanging the fading light of evening with hazy, smoky candlelight. Several men, and one older lady looked his way, then returned to what they were doing.

John knew he wasn't quite accepted, but as long as he brought enough gold with him, they wouldn't turn the metal giant away. The shopkeep was a slender fellow, with short-cropped blond hair and a nose almost large, but not quite. The keep gave a nod downward, and John did the same as he laid a massive hand on the counter. As he removed it, gold was revealed.

"I need a few more cigars."

Artifex Felicis
02-02-16, 07:52 AM
"I'm going to need to see how much, we have boxes from Alerar that go about 700 for six..." The lender man thrummed his fingers as he thought.

"Hi Uncle John! How are yo-Ooof!"

The little girl was picked up by a big hand, lifted from her place behind the lecture. The big man put the giggling Hawl down carefully on the shelf behind her, a finger poking her stomach. He was a big man, heavyset with golden rings on each finger. His beard and mustache were both foppishly oiled, but the mess of scars all along his bare arms told a life of work and hardship.

"Allow me to handle this, Matthew..." The bigger merchant shooed his associate out of the way, sighing with relief as he leaned onto the table. He twisted his hand, producing a simple ring. Another twist, a snap of the fingers, and a cigar was within the man's hands.

"You have been a good friend to my niece, John. I will give you this for 50. Enough to cover the cost of creating it." The merchant brought the cigar to his lips, his rough hands snapping again as they lit the tobacco. There was no magic or tricks int he act.

(Standard, basic Trinket item: 50gp.)

Max Dirks
03-07-16, 08:10 AM
This thread is being archived. Please let me know if you would like it reopened.