Race: Telgradian / Jal Shey hybrid Human
Eye Color: Gold
Hair color: Brown
Height: 6’0”
Weight: 155lbs
Alignment: Neutral

Known aliases:

Atlas Revaan (Telgradian Civil War)
Shinsou Vaan Osiris (Telgradian Civil War / Present day)
The Golden King (Telgradian Civil War)

Personality:

Shinsou, originally known under the revered name Atlas Revaan, initially appeared to be a very kind, well-respected commander and was looked up to by many, especially his lieutenant Dxun Ra. However, this changed after his defection and subsequent attempted coup to reveal a manipulative, and very dangerous, nature. Afterwards, in truth, he cared very little for his underlings, and was willing to use almost everyone around him as pawns to achieve his goals. He was willing to stop at nothing to further his selfish ambitions, including manipulating or killing anyone if he deems it to be necessary. He frequently toyed with his underlings for amusement.

It is revealed in the Gnarled Roots of Osiris I and II (see background) that Shinsou’s dark nature was as a direct result of being possessed by Temperance, lord of the Jal shey.

After his incarceration at the most secure prison in Telgradia, Kokushi, Shinsou’s soul was split from his body and sealed inside a crystal vessel known as the Pillar of Osiris whilst the rest of his body underwent a three year procedure called "razing". This process saw that Shinsou's former identity was stripped as much as possible from his memory, ensuring that when he awoke the memories of his cold and brutal campaign had well and truly been consigned to the past.

Since his re-awakening, and subsequent restoration back to Shinsou Vaan Osiris, the Telgradian’s personality has mediated between something encompassing both Atlas and Shinsou. There is still a lust within Shinsou to regain the power that he once possessed, but the dark intentions behind this have long since dissipated. His rebellion against Jaeger Keats, his former right hand man, was proof of this transformation.

The time he has spent with his bodyguard, and only friend, Bane Stark on Althanas has also helped to mould his personality into something more human. Shinsou, once a cold and direct individual, is more empathetic and personable than before. However, elements of his cold and calculating side remain and these usually manifest during the heat of battle, or during confrontations with those associated with his past. Else, he is capable of emotions and also capable of dark humour.

Appearance:

Prior to his self-led rebellion, Shinsou appeared as a mild-featured man with brown scholarly hair enhanced by thin rimmed glasses, along with soft gold eyes. He wore the standard commander uniform; a black shirt with a silver sash running diagonally from right shoulder to the left side of his waist, white cross-belt with an embossed silver buckle and black military style trousers and boots.

During his coup and ascent to the position of Vaan Osiris the Conqueror, he removed his glasses and military uniform and swept back his hair, wearing a more menacing expression and emitting a very different feel to those around him. Discarding all remnants of his loyalty to the Telgradian forces, Shinsou destroyed his uniform and wore a white greatcoat over a standard black shirt and pants, tied at the waist with a single crushed red velvet sash. This sash symbolises the blood sacrifice required to attain the throne Shinsou so desired.

Whilst incarcerated in Kokushi, stripped of his attire, Shinsou initially only wears his black undershirt and pants and is not even afforded the luxury of shoes. Over the top of his attire are magical seals of dark energy that resemble thick black leather straps wrapped around his entire body, including his face.

Since his return, Shinsou has taken to wearing a white greatcoat, worn over a standard black linen shirt, and white pants. These are tied at the waist with a single crushed black velvet sash.

Weapon: Enpera

Having lost his original Kurai sword “Enpera” some years ago, Shinou fashioned a replacement using the knowledge contained in the Telgradian scriptures in the Cartographer’s library.

Typically, the “Kurai” sword is a staple of Telgradian society, with each sword named and imbued with a part of the soul of its bearer. This soul fragment is what makes each sword unique, and as the user grows stronger, the sword progresses with it and allows the user to tap into the sword’s power and access both new and improved abilities (See abilities for these). This type of sword first made an appearance as a heavier, less wieldy anti cavalry sword in the first era of the Telgradian Monarchy, and was adapted in the Telgradian Civil war for infantry on infantry skirmishing. Traditionally, it is a weapon used by captain-level soldiers who are experienced and powerful enough to use the weapon to its fullest potential.

The sword itself is designed to have the cutting power and shape of a Katana whilst retaining the impact shielding a broadsword would have. The sword itself is 91cms in total, with a hilt length of 15cms. The guard and hilt are crafted from white ivory. The blade is forged from Damascus and measures at 76cms.

Enpera has a unique profile. The cutting edge of the weapon is thinner than a standard Kurai but has a longer, sharper tip. Usually this would result in a fragile point, but this brittleness has been eliminated and is no longer evident in the cutting edge, tip, length or base, making it ideal for piercing or stabbing cleanly.

Skills:

Knowledge of “Dakuatsu”:

Shinsou was once able to practice, with a degree of mastery, magic known as Dakuatsu. Dakuatsu are numbered according to power, with the highest numbers in the hundreds and the lowest numbers in the tens. However, with the majority of his power locked within the missing Pillar of Osiris, and having had most of his memories erased, he is unable to practice the arts as he once could. He does, however, retain the knowledge of the numbers and what each Dakuatsu does and is able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of each one.

Swordsmanship

Shinsou has grown to be an excellent swordsman, allowing him to duel with even the most schooled of warriors on an equal footing.

Abilities

Dakuatsu #17: Dark Matter (Formerly Dakuatsu #7: Dark Lance)

This Dakuatsu allows the user to forge an object of dark energy that can be either used as a handheld weapon or used as a projectile up to a range of two hundred yards.

The dark energy comprises solid dark matter that can pierce or cut flesh and medium tier armour, and is the equivalent strength of steel. The weapon or tool forged can be no longer than 150cms in length due to the limitations of Shinsou’s skill with Dark Matter.

Shinsou can call upon this skill three times before exhausting it for the duration of the battle.

Senkai: Enpera Hitsugi

Shinsou draws on the latent power contained within Enpera to increase his entire body’s agility up to three times that of a normal human. This can be done in increments of his choosing, or all the way up to triple upon release. The actual ability is activated by merely speaking or thinking the words “Senkai: Enpera Hitsugi”, although usually Shinsou follows through with the Senkai ceremony; dipping his head and raising Enpera ninety degrees to his shoulders. Once activated, the power remains active until the end of the battle or at the end of an hour. This can only be cast once per battle.

Enpera Hitsugi will not work on any limb affected with a medium severity wound, but will work on those that are fully functional.

Senkai: Enpera Suigetsu

Shinsou draws on the latent power contained within Enpera to create illusions. These illusions are manifested by Shinsou’s will and are experienced by anyone who glances at Enpera’s blade whilst in this form. The illusions themselves cause no damage, but are lifelike (are real to the touch, emit sound and smells) and serve to confuse and disorientate an opponent, and can take any form Shinsou desires. The illusions last for twenty minutes (or six posts if in battle) and until Shinsou is heavily wounded and is therefore unable to summon the concentration required to sustain them. The illusions cannot affect anyone with strong psionic shielding or psychic abilities, although they may cause some sort of interference. This ability can be used only once per battle.

Senkai Shinjitsu: Enpera Kurohitsugi

Shinsou has been striving tirelessly to unlock the remainder of his sealed power. After retrieving the Mask of Ryft from Ghyll, Raiaera, the former emperor was able to commune further with Enpera and has been able to unlock Enpera’s true abilities.

This true form of Enpera allows Shinsou to unleash a volley of five (short burst), ten (medium burst) or fifteen (full power) dark matter projectiles of Shinsou's choosing (as long as they conform to the rules of the Dark Matter dakuatsu), each with the strength of steel, from a vortex of his creation. The vortex can be created with the wave of a hand and appears on command, usually from behind him.

This skill can be used once per battle, but once activated can be discarded and re-summoned as appropriate for a cumulative four post duration (i.e the skill may not appear or be used in more than four posts per thread). Shinsou is also able to use the weapons contained within Enpera Kurohitsugi’s vortex in the same manner as those created by his Dark Matter dakuatsu.

Background:

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Shinsou Vaan Osiris… and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone, stripped of your name and your power.”

Shinsou Vaan Osiris—renowned as the former commander of the Telgradian forces, honoured as a prodigy, reviled as a traitor and a powerful usurper, dreaded as the Conqueror Shinsou Vaan Osiris of Telgradia, and purged from Telgradia as a convicted war criminal—was a Human male who played pivotal roles as both saviour and nemesis in the Telgradian civil war and Imperial uprising.

Believed to have been born in the Outer Territories of the Planet Telgradia, the man Osiris (later known as Atlas Revaan) was born around the Telgradian year 515 and studied under a number of different Telgradian masters as a student of the Royal Guard, an elite warrior force that protected the elite Telgradian Royal Family.

Becoming fast friends with a fellow student named Jaeger Keats, the young man became a respected commander of a Telgradian division and was a vocal and charismatic critic of the Royal Guard's inactivity in the ongoing Telgradian civil war between the Royal Loyalists and the Telgradian lower class warrior clans.

Leading a small ragtag guerrilla loyalist movement in defiance of the Telgradian Council’s wishes and taking on the name of Atlas Revaan, the commander joined the fight and was given the task of complete obliteration of the Telgradian rebels.

However, when Atlas Revaan defeated the Telgradian seperatist leader at the Battle of Gaus VII in Telgradian year 535, he and his friend Keats followed the trail of a mysterious influence on the Telgradian Civil Wars to the Unknown Regions of Telgradia, where the two discovered a reconstituted Telgradian Seperatist Empire and were turned against their former peers, declaring themselves Emperor and Servant to the new Telgradian Empire and declaring war against the Royal State of Telgradia.

Sent back to loyalist Telgradia as agents of death, the newly anointed Emperor Shinsou Vaan Osiris, having discarded his old moniker of Revaan, and Keats broke the ranks of the Telgradian loyalists and established their own empire with the Pillar Forge, an ancient temple of great power that had been built by Telgradian forerunners. Using the Pillar Forge to construct an army augmented with the power of powerful Pillar artefacts, Osiris and Keats waged war against the Telgradia in the resultant second Telgradian Civil War. However, Shinsou was subsequently captured and sentenced to imprisonment in the high security facility Kokushi.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris, considered too powerful and dangerous, was also sentenced to a process known as razing – used only on the most violent and profound of criminals – which strips the soul of an offender from their body completely and imprisons it inside a Pillar artefact. The Pillar itself is a crystal vessel that can contain the fabric of a human soul, including memories and emotions, after it has been torn from the body. The body is then cleansed over a period of three years, along with a complete wipe of the mind of the prisoner.

With his mind wiped, Osiris was given a new identity using his old moniker of Atlas Revan and is currently still imprisoned in the lowest level of Kokushi. However, the Council of Telgradia are about to embark on a path that may change the fate of Osiris, Telgradia and the world of Althanas forever…

Subsequent events: canon threads timeline

The Gnarled Roots of Osiris (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29522-The-Gnarled-Roots-of-Osiris)
The Gnarled Roots of Osiris II (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?30136-The-Gnarled-Roots-of-Osiris-II-The-Council-of-Five-%28solo%29)
Tears of the Sun (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?30354-Tears-of-the-Sun)
The Mask of Ryft (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?30701-The-Mask-of-Ryft)

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
02-15-16, 11:24 AM
Any news on this guys?

Cards of Fate
02-15-16, 12:01 PM
Due to recent staff changes there are very few members of RoG running about. Please be patient with delays

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
02-15-16, 02:47 PM
Due to recent staff changes there are very few members of RoG running about. Please be patient with delays

No problem dude, sorry to bother you.

Cards of Fate
02-22-16, 06:30 AM
Alright Im digging in and tackling this profile after work shin. I need to look at some stuff but we may need to make a decent amount of changes to tone down some of these abilities.

For example, what purpose do the various burst powers in your new ability serve?

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
02-22-16, 11:45 AM
Alright Im digging in and tackling this profile after work shin. I need to look at some stuff but we may need to make a decent amount of changes to tone down some of these abilities.

For example, what purpose do the various burst powers in your new ability serve?

On this point, the bursts are just references to the amount of projectiles that can be launched at once in increments of five, ten or fifteen maximum. However, on review I realise fifteen is probably way too many projectiles so would it be acceptable to say that Shinsou can launch up to a maximum of ten in one sitting? (I haven't edited this passage yet, i'll wait for your word on that)

I also looked at the usage of the skill and realised I derped on it. Rather than correct the wording I would like to simplify it to one use per battle and exhausted once all ten projectiles have been expended?

I've deleted the armour entirely as it probably classes as a new ability, which would take me over the ability cap.

The other edits in blue are simply upgrades on previous abilities.

Cards of Fate
02-27-16, 01:43 PM
Hey! I just got done working this out and have some bad news my friend. For starters, your skill that allows your blood to clot easier is actually a minor ability, and you're just slightly too strong for your current level.

My suggestion would be to tone down the dark spears from both of your abilities from Damascus to Steel, which will get you right where you need to be

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
02-27-16, 01:50 PM
Done buddy. Blood clotting completely gone from this level, and both Dark Matter and Enpera Kurohitsugi are now steel tier.

Cards of Fate
02-27-16, 03:48 PM
You could have kept the blood clotting and been fine, I was just letting you know that it was being counted as an ability. If you want to edit it back in let me know, otherwise I'll approve this.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
02-28-16, 02:09 AM
You could have kept the blood clotting and been fine, I was just letting you know that it was being counted as an ability. If you want to edit it back in let me know, otherwise I'll approve this.

It's fine Cards, it just keeps an ability slot free for next time buddy. I'm happy as it is :)

Thanks for your help!

Cards of Fate
02-28-16, 02:29 AM
Okay then! Approved!