PDA

View Full Version : ACR Episode 30: Otter Space

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-13-16, 05:31 PM
Althanas Community Radio Episode 30: Otter Space (http://www.althanas.com/world/podcasts/ACR030.mp3)

We are back in action, baby! Myself, Cards of Fate, and Rayleigh get down to business helping out new and old members by discussing abilities, their applications, and which ones are best for whatever kinds of characters!

Also, questions are asked, and we answer them.

And there's some more AP chatter, because of course there is.

Don't forget--if you're having trouble streaming the episode directly from the site, you can right-click the link above and download it to your computer!

orphans
02-13-16, 10:09 PM
This was fun to listen to XD

Karuka
02-13-16, 10:27 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/23/article-2528565-1A45F96C00000578-696_640x419.jpg

Cards of Fate
02-13-16, 10:31 PM
I totally forgot to do more in regards to showing you what can get through RoG at certain levels! Expect some more little things in later episodes with me talking shop about certain levels etc!

Hysteria
02-21-16, 04:53 AM
Skills are knowledge or skills at using equipment. Eg, using swords, staves, singing, pick pocketing, translating magic text and so on. As an important note, the items being used generally need to be bought. As Cards says in the 'cast; you might be able to 'make poison out of normal plants' but unless you've quested or bought said poison, then it's assumed you don't have any.

Abilities are more direct, and often take the form of physical attributes, magic or some types of equipment (I’ll clarify this last one in a moment). There are no set differences between these in the rules, it’s my own way of separating them in my head, and I believe will help anyone wondering what they can and can’t do. Ultimately the result of the ability is what defines the ‘strength’.

Physical: Things that the character can do with their body, things like strength, speed, through to spitting acid, shooting spines, etc. Some creatures might have other weird physical abilities, like long tongues, resistance to certain elements and the like.

Magic: This ranges from the normal types of magic, like flames, earth and water, through to some more rare magics like light, illusions, explosions, healing, and the like.

Equipment: This one I’ll clarify a bit more. A character can have abilities that sounds like items, but have effects much like the previous two categories. Take for example these:

Smoke Bomb:
Remy always keeps thee smoke bombs on her all the time. By throwing one on the ground, or any hard surface, they admit a sudden burst of smoke that can fill a 20 by 20 metre area with thick dark smoke. The smoke lasts for three posts.

Grappling Hook 200:
A small wrist device located on Remedy’s right arm. The device fires a small iron bolt attached to thin high strength rope up to 20 metres away. By pressing down on a switch on her wrist the rope is reeled in and the lesser of whatever the bolt has lodged in and Remedy is pulled towards the other quite quickly (a sprint-ish speed). Unfortunately the metal hooks can’t be easily replaced, so there is a clip that needs to be removed to free the rope. Remedy keeps three bolts handy which effectively gives her three uses. As a note, the bolt is quite small and relatively weak. It is far less effective than a crossbow if used to try and injure someone directly.

In much the same way someone might buy a magic ring that shoots fireballs or have an ability that creates fireballs, one can buy both a grappling hook and smoke bombs that would do the same as the above two abilities.

I hope that helps!

EDIT:
Enjoyed the 'cast!

Rayleigh
06-03-16, 12:30 PM
AP has been given to all participants in this podcast.