PDA

View Full Version : World Building Disscussion Thread

Alphard
02-16-16, 06:14 PM
Alright guys and gals,

Since my stay here on Althanas I have come across content such as Ashla's home country Eiskalt and the King Maker Saga where one or more people develop areas with such depth. That said I found myself in a fun situation, one y'all might be in as well. Most if not all of my characters are from Kebiras and as a whole have little to no back story. No country of origin or over arching history where their character can be understood through past events. Isn't it a pain...

Here I propose with the help of any and all writes we start the development of minor countries in Kebiras. This would be done both in an Ic story arc of exploration and culture as well as a Ooc Discussion thread where we come to some form of agreement on the matters.

Just a thought. Drop a line below if this is worth spearheading and you would like to participate.

~Billy ~(^◇^)/

Kellai
02-16-16, 06:33 PM
I am making my willingness to participate official.

Revenant
02-16-16, 06:36 PM
I'd be highly interested. I always enjoy new world building.

Mixed-blood
02-16-16, 06:36 PM
I am super interested. I know Bard has created a small republic for that country that is closer to Dheathain, but I havn't listened to all of that tap yet.

Still consider me on board for the project.

Kryos
02-16-16, 06:48 PM
I love world building. I am expressing interest, although am quite invested on developing Kryos at the moment. Keep me in the loop, and I may be able to help out.

Mixed-blood
02-16-16, 07:01 PM
I posted but don't hear it. So, here goes again.

I know Bard has a republic mentioned for that region, that happens to be on the coast facing Dheathain, but haven't listened to all of the info he's recorded on it. As he's busy with work right now, I'm not going to bug him about it right now.

Kellai
02-16-16, 07:10 PM
Its actually good timing as well, as I have just created my first alt, Jarilo (who just got approved). So, I can use her for any IC development of Kebiras.

jdd2035
02-16-16, 08:26 PM
I have no idea where Kebiras but if it can be sailed there then yeah lol

Ashla
02-16-16, 08:49 PM
Eiskalt has been mentioned! ^_^ *does Curious George dance*

I absolutely love world building, as exhausting as it can be at times. It's a lot of fun! I'd be happy to assist you ICly (I'm a very casual player so threads may take a while) OOCly, although I'm not on all the time. Any particular questions, you can send my way! :)

redford
02-16-16, 09:12 PM
I volunteer as tribute.

hoytti
02-16-16, 09:14 PM
Hope might actually get visitors again!

Alphard
02-17-16, 01:50 PM
The notice below has been posted in every major city around the Althanas. Below apply for the role you would like, Colonists will be tasked with developing the settlement and the people who live there. Mercs will be a form militia charged with protecting the civilians. And Crew will be involved with the supply drops and charged with being the life line between the main lands and Kebiras.

Expedition Awaits! On order of the Bard Council an expedition is to be under way. Across the seas a foreign land filled with unknown men and mystery awaits us. Any able bodied man or woman may apply to join the voyage as either colonists or mercenaries. Colonists will be given enough essentials to survive for two weeks in order to establish a small community. Any mercenary to sign up will be given a modest sum of gold for the protection of the colonists.

More information will be given at registration. The voyage will set sail from the Beinost. Any person wanting to subscript must travel there.

-Envoy Fault

Registrants

-Colonists
-Lothar Onnenvi
-Jarilo
-William Arcus
-Gum

-Mercenaries
-Felicity Knopsnider
-(Sir) John Albert Cromwell
-Vincent Cain
-Kryos Ralshyn

-Crew
-Captain Cain Jodin
-Envoy Alphard Fault

Kellai
02-17-16, 03:36 PM
Alright, I will get Jarilo to a city as soon as I can finagle it.

Flamebird
02-17-16, 04:18 PM
This is Ashla. I'm interested in signing up as a merc. Fewicity has worked as a bounty hunter once or twice.

Cards of Fate
02-17-16, 05:00 PM
Color me intrigued. I'd be down for a smaller thread with some people.

Alphard
02-17-16, 05:17 PM
The idea is a series of small threads that all tie directly together to build a new area. Once I figure out exactly who is going to participate I'll break the groups down and we can designate who is to do what in order to create this bigger picture.

Working in small groups that will allow each of us to add your own personal flare to this place. An example would be breaking down the city/settlement into districts or burrows and letting each group have complete control of what happens in, who lives there, how it is created, and so on. You want to establish your family as noblty and want to start a tobacco plantation do it.

Give me about a day or so to get this ready and I'll have us a plan.

Gum
02-17-16, 05:49 PM
this sounds like a lot of fun. colonist would be totes fine for me.

Rayse Valentino
02-17-16, 05:55 PM
As the objectively best world builder on the site, lemme know if you need anything.

Revenant
02-17-16, 06:27 PM
Finally, someone who wants me for my master woodworking skills and not for my demonic ragey fightingness. *sniff*