PDA

View Full Version : A Shadow Falls Upon the Land

Bard
02-22-16, 09:37 PM
There are few events in the entire history of this sphere, of which the continent of Althanas is a mere fraction, of which our nation is but a part, than the War of the Tap. The fundamental shift in every aspect of existence, of the vary character of the things that do exist, was forever altered during that singular event. It is clearly one event, no matter how others want to break up the period into separate occurrences. The War of Countless Shadows, as Gilion Nensirith describes the first period between direct engagements concerning the forces of the Five and that of the Maia, cannot be taken out of the whole, as in so doing we abuse context. The events that occurred prior to the “War of Countless Shadows” As Gilion Nensirith calls the first “cold War”, is crucial, as the whole development and reason for the Under Paths, is seen as something born from irrationality within the Five, and not part as a greater strategic action (Exert taken from The Monster of Magic and the War It Caused, penned by Ertragene Miraver, CP606).

Who amongst you shall strive to fight the night, who amongst will shall strive against that which devours hope and light?

Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes.
The king of hate the killer of fate.
The hour of the silent tred draws near. The time when water flows up Akel ‘A’heer.

Know this then all you heros.
When Akkavasha weeps no more,
When the Seven Fold Bell will no longer toll the settings of the hours upon the Loom of Time,
When the child is born with eyes seeing and unseeing forever sealed and always open
When the Gateman at Kythrahan is forced to bow to his own shadow,
He shall come.

He that was made to devour the Thayne’s greatest labor (Exert from The Words of the Prophetess Cyra The Seer, adviser to the Bard Council, CP 138-CP 412).

To those that care, the two lines above give a hint to the story arch of which this recruteing thread is meant to cover. The first of these will be “A minor miner Matter”, which is meant to start off the entire arch. This arch will cover thirteen individual chapters or thread, which I will be covering with Bard, and not all of them will appear at times to be interconnected. This thread will cover all OOC aspects of all these threads. One could think of this as a sort of gift to the people of Althanas. One of several I hope to be a part of over the coming year.

For this first chapter, we have the following cast:
1. Redford
2. Jasmine
3. Jacques Alutris
4----
5----
6 ----

I shall be posting to this thread roughly twice a week, and will hope others will try and do the same. I will also be requesting permission to periodically bunny other’s characters as telepathy will be involved with this thread.

Keep in mind that I’m willing to edit anything I do in this thread, if another writer feels that I have done something inappropriate to their character. I will not be bunnying one’s character much during the thread, save for a few important scenes, and will be requesting feedback from all when such events occur. If I have erred in anyway, then please let me know.

Jarilo
02-22-16, 10:45 PM
Can Jarilo tag along? :)

The Phoenix
02-23-16, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't mind offering myself.

Bard
02-23-16, 07:39 AM
Can Jarilo tag along? :)

Indeed she can, do keep in mind that you will need to provide some explanation in your post how she got from Dheathain to Corone, and while Fae are not unheard of in Corone, your true visage might cause a bit of a stir among the locals. Just a few things to keep in mind.

Jarilo
02-23-16, 07:57 AM
Will do, Bard. :)

SerCasimir
02-27-16, 06:35 PM
Alright, I am in.

Jarilo
02-28-16, 10:58 AM
Actually, as Jarilo's story is developing in another direction, I am withdrawing my involvement for now...

orphans
02-28-16, 01:00 PM
While I am interested, I'm not entirely sure my character could fit in.

Bard
08-03-16, 07:23 PM
There are few events in the entire history of this sphere, of which the continent of Althanas is a mere fraction, of which our nation is but a part, than the War of the Tap. The fundamental shift in every aspect of existence, of the vary character of the things that do exist, was forever altered during that singular event. It is clearly one event, no matter how others want to break up the period into separate occurrences. The War of Countless Shadows, as Gilion Nensirith describes the first period between direct engagements concerning the forces of the Five and that of the Maia, cannot be taken out of the whole, as in so doing we abuse context. The events that occurred prior to the “War of Countless Shadows” As Gilion Nensirith calls the first “cold War”, is crucial, as the whole development and reason for the Under Paths, is seen as something born from irrationality within the Five, and not part as a greater strategic action (Exert taken from The Monster of Magic and the War It Caused, penned by Ertragene Miraver, CP606).

Who amongst you shall strive to fight the night, who amongst will shall strive against that which devours hope and light?

Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes.
The king of hate the killer of fate.
The hour of the silent tred draws near. The time when water flows up Akel ‘A’heer.

Know this then all you heros.
When Akkavasha weeps no more,
When the Seven Fold Bell will no longer toll the settings of the hours upon the Loom of Time,
When the child is born with eyes seeing and unseeing forever sealed and always open
When the Gateman at Kythrahan is forced to bow to his own shadow,
He shall come.

He that was made to devour the Thayne’s greatest labor (Exert from The Words of the Prophetess Cyra The Seer, adviser to the Bard Council, CP 138-CP 412).

To those that care, the two lines above give a hint to the story arch of which this recruiting thread is meant to cover. The first of these will be “A minor miner Matter”, which is meant to start off the entire arch. This arch will cover thirteen individual chapters or thread, which I will be covering with Bard and not all of them, will appear at times to be interconnected. This thread will cover all OOC aspects of all these threads. One could think of this as a sort of gift to the people of Althanas. One of several I hope to be a part of over the coming year. It should be noted, that individuals signing up for this particular quest, a Minor miner matter will not have to be signing up for any of the other quest that follow.

Do to life related circumstances this thread got delayed horribly. I am now attempting to get/ reaffirm those interested participants.

I will take five additional writers, including Redford, who has already expressed interest. I’ll be editing this post with names when they apply.

I shall be posting to this thread roughly twice a week, and will hope others will try and do the same. I will also be requesting permission to periodically bunny other’s characters as telepathy will be involved with this thread.

Keep in mind that I’m willing to edit anything I do in this thread, if another writer feels that I have done something inappropriate to their character. I will not be bunnying one’s character much during the thread, save for a few important scenes, and will be requesting feedback from all when such events occur. If I have erred in anyway, then please let me know.

Given life circumstances this got horribly delayed.

Kryos
08-04-16, 01:09 PM
What are the details for the first thread? Corone then? Current day and age? Kryos won't be available out of Raiaera for a while, but perhaps afterwards.

Bard
08-04-16, 01:57 PM
Yes, Corone, current age, I do however have a thread for Raiaera that I'll be starting in the next couple of weeks.

Itinerant
08-07-16, 07:37 PM
As I said in chat, I'll be joining.