PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Upgrade

Rayse Valentino
03-06-16, 12:00 AM
I can't seem to get this as a quest reward, so I'd like to buy the upgrade.

I have this: - Damascus longsword with an Explosion Enchantment (Causes moderate concussive damage and light burn damage)

I want to upgrade it to a black sword where the blade looks segmented and call it The Ebonpyre Blade. What are the strongest materials I can use for this?

Also, it should have an extra ability: when it's still sheathed and fire is run through it, then unsheathing it will cause a blindingly bright flash. It's also now a 10-meter long wire that's bright red and as hot as molten lava and Rayse has two seconds to use it before it is back to its original form. In this form the sword is called Flash.

Cards of Fate
03-06-16, 03:41 AM
Can I get a link to where the sword was originally obtained?

Rayse Valentino
03-06-16, 10:03 AM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=16732

Rayse Valentino
04-03-16, 09:26 PM
Would it help if I used a recent thread's spoils (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29993-Burning-Out) as part of the payment? If it's not something that can be bought with money alone.

Cards of Fate
04-25-16, 02:36 PM
Lotta work on this, sorry for the wait.

The hardest thing you could use would be Preveilda or Titanium, and the difference is semantics. They're both top tier metals, but Titanium is harder, Preveilda holds enchantments better.

I need you to pick a metal before I can work up the second thing, which I warn you will be two enchantments and will raise the price considerably.

Rayse Valentino
04-25-16, 05:39 PM
I'll roll with Titanium unless you explain what 'holds enchantments better' means.

And thanks for getting to this despite how busy you are.

Cards of Fate
04-25-16, 06:41 PM
To upgrade the blade to titanium you're looking at 1,743 GP.

To do the upgrade and the additional enchantments is 11,868 gp

Sound fair?

Rayse Valentino
04-25-16, 06:46 PM
Dear lord.

I'm considering this a legendary weapon for that much.

Is there any way to lessen the costs with quest/tournament rewards? I feel like it's impossible to get any money or equipment out of quests nowadays. If there's nothing I can do to lessen the cost, then I guess ring me up.

Cards of Fate
04-25-16, 06:59 PM
You can get a discount by questing, which increases the better the thread does. The problem is to earn this in a quest you would have to EARN that much in that thread, or state you're willing to pony up the money at the end ahead of time in your spoils request.

Rayse Valentino
04-25-16, 07:06 PM
As in, it just gets deducted from the money you already get? So it's pointless to bother.

Just charge me, then. Not like I'm gonna be around much longer to earn the money back anyway.

Cards of Fate
06-10-16, 12:33 PM
Transaction complete

11,868 To be deducted from Rayse

Link here as proof of purchase

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
09-26-16, 02:33 AM
Transaction complete!