PDA

View Full Version : All LCC Participants

Dissinger
03-09-16, 01:01 AM
Hey guys, I figured I'd make a thread where we can talk and we can let each other know if we want to acknowledge the tournament.

I also kinda wanted to put together a gentleman's agreement to try and keep the fighting in at least the same region if we decided to not go with a tournament premise at all.

Either way is fine by me, I was just hoping we could chat it up in here and get some kind of a general agreement before hand.

Or you could say go away Pat you smell funny...

That's fine too.

Flames of Hyperion
03-09-16, 01:10 AM
Hi I'm John and I smell funny.

I'm not going to acknowledge the tournament per se, but then Nanashi's mind isn't really in the right place anyways...

All up for keeping the fighting in the same region. Tular? Lornius itself?

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-09-16, 03:14 AM
I'm happy to not acknowledge the tournament if other writers don't want to, even if it does look a little odd that Shin keeps meeting with couples of strange men and women in dark, abandoned places with a giant skeleton...

Taische
03-09-16, 05:24 AM
I'm not acknowledging the tournament, because come on.

I'd prefer to set this in a region where Karu would take her daughter, but if consensus is the Tular Plains or Lorinus, this can be another case of "will this child ever learn to not touch the shiny teleportation device?" I would like to mention that we have a team of brand new players, however. The more exotic locations might not be accessible to them.

Logan
03-09-16, 08:33 AM
Interesting. I had intended to give the LCC some actual backstory this time around, so you'd all have something to play around with. Judging by your responses, however, I might nix that and just let you lot run the stories as you see fit.

Just remember, I'm judging, and creativity will get you everywhere with me.

Storm Veritas
03-09-16, 08:43 AM
I'll roll with the punches of whatever people I write with want to do. I think it makes more sense in character to no-sell the tournament, but if the other folks decide they received some formal invite to the tournament, that's just fine, too.

Revenant
03-09-16, 11:41 AM
As this is a "Corporate" championship you can expect Rev to be bearing all the endorsements like some petty NASCAR shill. Going to have me a "Chubbins Chamber Pots" logo across my back and a "Consortium of Althanas Lemon Merchants" patch down both sleeves. Woo!

Storm Veritas
03-09-16, 12:47 PM
As this is a "Corporate" championship you can expect Rev to be bearing all the endorsements like some petty NASCAR shill. Going to have me a "Chubbins Chamber Pots" logo across my back and a "Consortium of Althanas Lemon Merchants" patch down both sleeves. Woo!

F*cking lemons everywhere!

Dissinger
03-09-16, 12:50 PM
I for one support my new corporate masters.

Skie and Avery
03-09-16, 12:57 PM
Mmm lemons! My favorite fanfic.

I'll go with what everyone else will. Either in a tournament setting or not, we have a reason for battle. As for setting, I'd kind of like to keep it on Lornius because Prison of Elders.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-09-16, 02:48 PM
We should battle in Pyongyang for effect.

FOR THE GLORY OF THE SUPREME LEADER.

Sponsored by NK Noodles.

Dissinger
03-09-16, 03:45 PM
Tonight I'll give my honest opinion but feel free to keep going.

Taische
03-10-16, 03:13 PM
There have been a couple of votes for Lorinus, but considering how many of our characters have business in and around Salvar (my personal distaste for the region notwithstanding), perhaps that would be the most sensible choice?

Kryos
03-10-16, 03:25 PM
I am in Raiaera, and throwing zombies into the mix could be fun, but I have no preference. I will make it work whatever is decided upon.

Revenant
03-10-16, 06:43 PM
Literally anywhere works for me. You want to throw down on a Space Hulk? Lets do it!

Rayse Valentino
03-11-16, 07:34 AM
I'm not using Lornius if I can avoid it. There were issues with using it last time.

Dissinger
03-11-16, 12:14 PM
So if we avoid Lornius, should we do Alerar? It's central to many people's current plans. Could work.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-11-16, 01:27 PM
Alerar could work. I don't really mind as long as the people writing with me in the battles are on the same wavelength.

Max Dirks
03-11-16, 02:38 PM
Alerar in the LORNIUS CORPORATE CHALLENGE should be a bannable offense.

Ioder
03-11-16, 02:59 PM
though I may not get to participate, this should take place far from the main land.

Dissinger
03-11-16, 04:25 PM

Sorry, Dirks, tournament wasn't forced to be acknowledged. That opened a huge doorway.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-12-16, 03:02 AM

People seem to want to write anywhere but Lornius for some reason I can't fathom.

I'm all for not mentioning the tournament if that's what people want to do, but I don't understand why writing in Lornius would restrict everyone so much in the first place. They all seem to be worried about the reasons why their characters can't be in a place, rather than working out a reason why they can be.

*shrugs*

I guess I was going with the majority. As long as the people i'm writing with are consistant, I don't care if it's the moon we're on.

Rayse Valentino
03-12-16, 10:58 AM
Writing outside Lornius gives maximum lore freedom. Last time felt very constrained, that's all. Alerar could be interesting, mountains and stuff.

Skie and Avery
03-12-16, 12:06 PM
I really want to write in Lornius, but Alerar works for me as well.

Taische
03-15-16, 06:41 AM
And so far we have one set in the Citadel and one set in Scara Brae.

Flames of Hyperion
03-15-16, 06:47 AM
To be fair, the Citadel is only what Elijah told Nanashi. Shin's got responsibility for the setting in the next post...

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-15-16, 07:46 AM
To be fair, the Citadel is only what Elijah told Nanashi. Shin's got responsibility for the setting in the next post...

It will be beautiful.

I reckon it will be up by 6:30pm our time, Flames. Gives me chance to finish work and feed myself / the cats.

I'm looking forward to this fight.

Flames of Hyperion
03-15-16, 07:48 AM
No worries, Shin. Looking forward to it as well ^^.

Max Dirks
03-15-16, 08:52 AM
And so far, we have 0's in Wildcard should I be asked to judge.

Logan
03-15-16, 09:34 AM
Good thing you won't be asked to judge them then.

Keep on <gs id="6bdb1514-e566-4792-ad5d-98db743ef19c" ginger_software_uiphraseguid="0de49363-cd2d-4419-8e8a-efde7eb52424" class="GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark">keepin</gs>' on, writers. I'm liking what I'm reading so far!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-15-16, 09:57 AM
And so far, we have 0's in Wildcard should I be asked to judge.

I haven't posted yet. That might (or, more likely, might not) change your mind sir.

Dissinger
03-15-16, 12:42 PM
The salt is real.

Max Dirks
03-15-16, 12:58 PM
It's so real it's Tobias Salt.

Christoph
03-15-16, 01:21 PM

He said he had something really cool in mind for an arena, so I assumed Citadel (since you can do literally anything in there). :D

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-15-16, 01:39 PM
He said he had something really cool in mind for an arena, so I assumed Citadel (since you can do literally anything in there). :D

Enjoy the fruits of my labour.