PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Quest Idea Ever: The Great Egg-scape

MadGoblin
11-12-06, 08:53 AM
Admit it, you're asking yourself, "Why did I even click on this topic again?" I mean, it's telling you it's gonna be horrible.

Sick of having other people's threads dying out, I thought, why not make my own adventure for people to join in on. But, if anyone knows me (or, more likely, remembers given my absence), I can't be normal. Thus, the point of the matter, the quest would be:

Bimblesnaff Bogg and the Rotten Dozen in the Great Egg-scape Caper

Now, I'm not sure how many of you all are familiar with the egg avatars I was shilling out during the summer (the squat, rounded versions of characters that lacked pretty much all detail, see "Sprawls of a Lunatic"), but the gist of the quest is thus: The participating characters become those.

Short, three-inch tall, stubby armed transformations of Althanas characters trying their best to return themselves to normal. Problem is, they were turned into short, three-inch tall, stubby armed, egg-shapes. That pretty much robs them of their regular awesomeness. They'd be hard-pressed to pick things up, could barely wield a weapon, would wobble. Heck, even special abilities could be altered in the process, like a fireball turning into a spray of bubbles. It would obviously be a very, um... visual quest? I guess. I don't really know how else to say it.

So, without spilling out too much of this amazingly stupid, laugh-packed plot (if you could call it that, more of a travesty), it would basically just start with everyone becoming eggs and end when they managed to change back. But, I would like to know: 1) could this actually fly? And 2) would anyone be willing to subject themselves to his kind of torture?

Lisean
11-12-06, 11:50 AM
Oh, how I love torture.

As bizarre and out-of-this-world as it sounds, I love the threads that are no so normal, or even movie (Like MirrorMask, which I watched the other day :p)

I think it could fly if a big group of characters were to join in on the quest, and I'm very interested in actually becoming an active member of Althanas. Plus, I think it'd be hilarious to find ways to make my necromancer a joke, for once.

In short, I'd be interested in joining Bimblesnaff Bogg and the Rotten Dozen in the Great Egg-scape Caper.. but I'll need one of those egg avatars for my character. :D Just kidding, though I'd love to see that image.

Letho
11-12-06, 11:57 AM
The funny thing is, I recently started a quest in which all the characters were magically shrunk to about several inches. However, that quest died before it every truly came to life since people started to drop out of it like flies. Still, I think it was a good idea and I think this is a good idea as well. Fun for certain. I'd be interested in joining. I even have the egg avy and all. :)

Witchblade
11-12-06, 12:05 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun to me.

*images a little round, chubby version of Witchblade*

Ohh, would she ever be mad, tee hee.