PDA

View Full Version : The League

Ceidon
03-28-16, 10:44 AM
Good news everyone! I'm restarting the League of International Intrigue (i.e. the League). What is the League you ask? The League is an OOC Power Group whose only goal is to spread the joy of writing across Althanas. We do this by challenging ourselves to post in under ten minutes from sit down to finish using the built in editor, making this the most fast paced, action packed posting group on the site. Here's how it works in a fancy FAQ format:

LEAGUE FAQ

How to Register for the League

Simply post a reply to this thread expressing interest and we'll add you to the roster below.

Are there any posting requirements?

Yes! Well, sort of. As noted above, we try to complete posts within ten minutes from sit down to finish. This is more of a loose guideline than a hard rule. Obviously, this might vary based on availability.

Are there any OOC requirements?

Since we're not an official PG, we don't get access to Althanas' "Group" function, so we simply ask you advertise for the league in your signature somehow.

How do League threads work?

If someone has an idea for a story, just put it here and grab some members. We'll also try to participate in as many canon quests, mission boards, and boss battles as we can. We'll designate either in the title or as an OOC tag whether the thread is a League thread or not!

What types of characters can join?

There is no IC agenda, so any type of character is allowed to join!

Are there any rewards?

None specifically, as this is not an official Althanas sanctioned group. However, the more quickly threads are completed, the more rewards we'll receive. At the end of a completed thread, we'll either ask for a "No Judgment" or a "Workshop" to speed along processing.

Ceidon
03-28-16, 10:45 AM
Current Roster

Ceidon
Skie and Avery
Ryddrgard
Breaker
Ioder

Skie and Avery
03-28-16, 10:51 AM
I LOVE this idea. A speedposting PG sounds fantastic, and an excellent way to beat writer's block and find the fun in RP. Sign me up!

Ceidon
03-28-16, 10:54 AM
Welcome to the crew, Skie! Once we get a few more members, I'll propose that we tackle a few of the mission boards.

Ryddrgard
03-28-16, 11:03 AM
I'm super interested.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-28-16, 11:05 AM
I'm intrigued. So, just to clarify, all posts have to be up within ten minutes? Do the posts have to have a minimum word count as a guideline?

Breaker
03-28-16, 11:21 AM
I'm in.

Ceidon
03-28-16, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the crew, Ryddrgard and Breaker!

I'm intrigued. So, just to clarify, all posts have to be up within ten minutes? Do the posts have to have a minimum word count as a guideline?Oh, no. They don't have to be up within ten minutes of the last reply or anything. I just don't want you to spend more than ten minutes writing your posts from the point you choose to start writing them. There are no quality or quantity requirements. If all you can put up in ten minutes is a line or a paragraph or two with poor spelling and grammar, so be it. This is about fast paced fun, not tournament or JC pressured writing.

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-28-16, 01:31 PM
I don't wish to join, but I think this is a worthy cause to donate all my AP to.

Ryddrgard
03-28-16, 03:10 PM
The speed of the posts will likely attribute to a lesser quality than usual. I assume the judges will be full aware of the format beforehand?

Max Dirks
03-28-16, 03:32 PM
We'll generally be requesting no judgments, so the quality of a thread will be immaterial for rewards.

If we submit for a judgment, I suspect the quality of the posts will be observed and our scores reduced as the judge deems fit.

Again, this is more for fun than rewards!

Ioder
03-28-16, 03:35 PM
Count me in El capitan.

Ceidon
02-06-17, 12:22 PM
After hearing the vibe in chat today, I've decided to bump this thread and formally restart the League. What is the League you ask? As you can see from the main post in this thread, we're a group of writers who write for fun. We're like the KCCO of Althanas. We love open threads, text editors and no judgments. We're the post between posts group that keeps you fired up about Althanas.

So what's new. I forgot I'm the infamous alt character of the Supreme Overlord of Althanas. So, if you sign up, I'm going to hook you up with a new badge. For free. Just for being interested. Hopefully, you'll complete a few League threads as well. I'm also getting rid of the AP pooling stuff. We'll just write and no judgment our stuff unless someone really wants a judgment.

So who's (still) in?

Breaker
02-06-17, 12:35 PM
I'm there like Camembert.

Mordelain
02-06-17, 12:37 PM
I'm in!

Rayleigh
02-06-17, 12:44 PM
Of course I'm in.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
02-06-17, 01:13 PM
British representation confirmed alongside my boy Cyd.