PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to you all

Itinerant
04-01-16, 11:14 PM
Uh, hello everybody. I'm Itinerant, known by the majority of my friends as Josh. I'm 18, and generally not all that great a writer.

I've been 'roleplaying' badly on and off for around 2 years. Mostly poking around on other sites and not really writing.

As of now, I've managed to find the introduction forum. That's a start, right?

Rayleigh
04-02-16, 01:19 AM
Welcome, Josh!

I'm Ray, but a lot of people around here call me Shelby. If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to drop me a line!

Take care, and have fun!

redford
04-02-16, 02:34 AM
I believe we've already met, but I'm red, feel free to ask any questions.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-02-16, 03:47 AM
Welcome, friend!

I'm Shinsou, part of the staff here at Althanas. It's good to have you on board! As Ray said, if you need anything at all please don't hesitate to contact one of us, and enjoy your stay here!

Flamebird
04-02-16, 07:20 AM
Oh cool, a fellow youngster! Welcome to Awesomenas! :)

Storm Veritas
04-02-16, 08:00 AM
Welcome! Look forward to seeing you write here; I know the site has helped me improve my writing and hope you can help us get better while maybe gleaning something for yourself!

Karuka
04-02-16, 08:01 AM
Welcome!

Bard
04-02-16, 11:02 AM
If you have any questions about the site, or Althanas Lore, don't hesitate to send me a PM. Its a big site and one does occasionally get lost.

Well, I did when I started at any rate.

You don't have to have a set number of initial posts before you can send PMs, unlike some sites, nor do you have to a character already created, if that helps to know. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Ayithe Solete
04-02-16, 05:32 PM
Welcome to Althanas!

Hysteria
04-02-16, 05:56 PM
I've been 'roleplaying' badly on and off for around 2 years. Mostly poking around on other sites and not really writing.

*Sniff* like a young, plucky Hysteria.

I'm sure you're better than you think.

Welcome!

Ioder
04-02-16, 07:19 PM
Howdy howdy. We have chatted once already but just wanted to say welcome once more.

I'm not a creeper. I promise.╮(╯▽╰)╭

kitsune
04-02-16, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the sight. I hope you enjoy it.

Cards of Fate
04-02-16, 10:01 PM
Yo! Welcome to the site! I'm Fred, AKA Cards, AKA That guy you pester when you need to buy something or get a character approved!

I'm gonna go ahead and take a gander at that profile you posted right after I finish welcoming you, so expect something along those lines soonish.

As for the site, it can be crazy intimidating and hard to get used too, I had a similar problem when I first started! The main thing I would recommend is finding people to write with and sticking with them to work on a story! While you can write solo stuff, I find that to be incredibly dull and boring! If you need any help with anything just shoot me a PM and we can work on a thread or I could help you find someone to write with! We have a lot of fresh faces poking around so they'd be a great place to start looking for partners!

Flamebird
04-03-16, 09:32 PM
Here's some advice from me: Don't try to rush cramming in lore and writing perfect threads. It took me a long while to get a hang of things around here, and nobody has ever scored a complete 100 on a thread (at least from what I heard.) Find one region or race that interests you and go from there. Also, never forget to have fun! :)

Itinerant
04-03-16, 11:13 PM
You all seemed pretty fabulous, but you're significantly better writers.

Happy trails.

Gnarl & Root
04-04-16, 07:36 AM
Met you in chat briefly, but welcome to Althanas, enjoy your stay! :)