PDA

View Full Version : [UNAPPROVED] Yo Fwiendwy Neighbahood Fewicity! [Felicity Rhyolite - Level Two]

Flamebird
04-02-16, 10:40 PM
All updates in green

Another thing, I'm considering changing Felicity's strength from Beserk Rage to knockback and pressure point power increase. How would that work out?

Name: Felicity Rhyolite Knopsnider.
Race: Human/ Neanderthal hybrid.
Eye Color: Green.
Hair color: Red.
Height: 5"3.
Weight: 209.

Personality:
A teenage girl born into segregation within Eiskalt, she escaped with her older cousin at the age of seven and grew up in Corone. Since then, she never really paid attention to the place of her birth, and even has considered Corone her homeland. In the past year, training under a darker mentor and then dealing with the deaths of her two family members has caused a bit of change in her personality. While Felicity is still all smiles, her smiles carry heavy weight. Felicity has become a bit more fearful, as she is indeed all alone and it's her own wits keeping her alive. She has also matured from her recent traumas, becoming a lot more cautious and level headed in her decision making.While she is quite scattered and confused, having to follow her own stars in the dark skies are forging her into someone wise beyond her years. She is developing a more realistic world view. Despite her pain, Felicity is still selfless and gold hearted. Always willing to help a better cause, and giving smiles as to cheer up someone's day. Half neanderthal, she's one tough kid to break. She has a slight speech impairment, unable to pronounce her "r"s and "l"s properly.

Appearance:
A fiery redhead with green eyes, she has a slightly narrow forehead and a tough stature. However, she's still young, and has various signs of youth through smooth skin and simple eyes. Her left pinky, however, is twisted and permanently unusable due to a violent encounter with a discriminatory Eiskaltian when she was a young toddler. She's grown taller than the neanderthals, like a human, and she's slimmer like a human too. She still has many physical similarities, especially with her immune system, with the neanderthal too.

Felicity no longer keeps herself kept together like a rag tag bounty hunter. She still keeps bandages over her body, but they are covered by a much more orderly outfit. Gear ment for comfortable travel, she wears a dark green, simple shirt with a leather jacket over it. She has half gloves on her hands as well. She has brown pants and heavy boots. A tomboy who's pretty much homeless, she has nothing fancy like jewelry or make up at all. Her rich, flame colored hair is usually kept in a ponytail or single braid.

Equipment:
- Iron flamberge.
- Iron sollerets.
- Twin arming swords, capable of being joined together as a sword staff. The sword further more allows the blades to move along the cross guards that circle the entire hilt, making the blades spin. Upgraded to steel HERE (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29518-Price-Checks-and-Updates)

Skills:
- Swordsmanship: Felicity is a freestyle swordsman, under the suggestions of her former teacher. However, she also knows the basics of Escrema and Kendo. Felicity will employ their techniques in combat. Her skills with single and duel blades are now exceptional.
- Karate: Felicity has learned the basic punches, kicks, and stances of karate. She doesn't exactly have the perfect posture, but can deliver hard, controlled blows when in the right mind. While karate is part of her style, Felicity is much more freeform and uses boxing techniques in her aggressive style as well.
- Boxing: Felicity is much more of a boxer in combat than a ninja, delivering punches quite well. She is an effective unarmed fighter.
- Archery: Felicity knows how to use a bow and crossbow when needed. She learned how to use handheld crossbows as well.
- Pole-Arms: Felicity knows the basics of using small and medium pole-arms and javelins.
- Survivalist: Felicity has become well adapted to surviving outside civilization. She's good at tracking, identifying and using herbs, coping to extreme weather, and hunting.
- Just a Natural Fighter: Felicity has an instinctive knack for fighting and is comfortable in competitive situations.

Abilities:

- Neanderthal Toughness:
Ah, yes, maturity is starting to take place. Felicity is developing the natural stamina and endurance of her neanderthal kin. Felicity is capable of staying energetic and unexhausted in combat for three times as much of the time than normal humans. When pain settles in, she can deal with it and jump back into combat quite impressively. She has a pain threshold that can take more than what a grown man could bare. She's one tough cookie, and it takes effort to beat her down and keep her down.
[3xs better endurance than the average human.]

- Berserk Rage ~ Part I:
Felicity has a lot of anger under her cocky grins, and she's able to unleash it in combat. Whenever she receives a wound that could cause her to bleed (sword cut, arrow in the leg) her pain causes her to gain more strength. Every hit or impact that causes her to bleed amplifies her physical strength to be boosted for thirty seconds, allowing her to lift an additional forty pounds than normal. If she gets hit again before those thirty seconds are up? Goodie, sixty seconds of her being able to lift eighty pounds. She can be hit to the extent of lifting two hundred pounds for two hundred fifty seconds. The more serious wounds though, she could actually get thirty seconds of lifting ninety pounds. Major wounds, at max, could land her to being able to hold three hundred pounds. So basically, the more damage she gets she returns. At the one hundred pound marker Berserk Rage parts three and four activate. However, she has loose control over her own power. By the two hundred pound marker she actually looses her mind, blanking out and just attacking everyone in sight. This ability also can leave her exhausted, at the least leaving her a moment to catch her breathe. After destroying several trees and crushing some random guy's legs though, she's out cold. This ability activates automatically whenever Felicity is injured and only works when she's got a bleeding injury.

- Berserk Rage ~ Part II:
During her berserk rage (explained above) she becomes oblivious to pain. Any wounds and bruises still apply their damage - and increased activities during berserk mode may further open wounds - however, Felicity won't feel them until berserk mode has turned off.

- Berserk Rage ~ Part III:
At the one hundred pound marker for her Berserk Rage, a "cloak" or "cloud" forms around Felicity's body like a full suit of armor. The cloak turns off when Berserk Rage wears off or Felicity falls unconscious. This "cloak" can serve several purposes. In Part III's service, the orangish-red cloak causes the same physical damage to anyone (aside Felicity herself, obviously) that fire would (burns.) At this point, first and second degree burns would be caused to those who make physical contact with the cloak, as well as blistering and small, mild skin sores. Aside the burning part and color, this cloak's elements are not of fire and not classified as fire. This is a different element, formed of pure magic, entirely.

- Berserk Rage ~ Part IV:
Alongside the burning sensations to opponents of the magic, the cloak serves another purpose. It can deflect some forms of magic and other super natural powers. Any magic physically capable of being thrown or used in melee combat will be negated by the cloak. For example, a magical beam thrown at her can be deflected. Another example is of a sword enhanced to glow with blue fire. The magic fire would be negated (the sword itself would have no problem.) This only works with physical magics and such being thrown from outside. Magic that works from inside out, is spoken-word, only works when penetrating the skin (like snakebite venom), affects the mind and emotions, etc. cannot be deflected.

Rayleigh
04-15-16, 01:48 PM
Hi there! I'm going to be handling your update today.

Overall, your character looks really great. There are a couple of things that I want to go over with you though.

First, your Berserk Rage ~ Part I. We're actually go to have to handle this as multiple abilities because of the boosts. While they would not be overly powerful, you've exceeded the allowed number of abilities. I don't want you to throw out any of your other abilities, so maybe we could simplify this one? Rather than having the different steps, you could simply have her jump straight to the most extreme option after a few hits. She can lift 200 (or even 250) pounds for 250 seconds, like you had originally written. You can still write the effects of the Rage taking over her each time the enemy lands another hit, but in terms of the actual ability, she would jump straight from one to another. If you want to keep the boosts, we're probably looking at four different abilities. You'd have to trash or lock your others.

The other thing that needs to be revisited is your Berserk Rage ~ Part IV. This is a super cool concept, but even with the physical/thrown magic, it is way too strong. You're going to have to limit the number of attacks that it can stop. I would propose two complete stops of any physical, thrown magic. These can be AoEs or direct attacks, but only two can be stopped while in Berserk rage mode. The cloak cannot stand up to anything sustained, like a continuous stream of fire being thrown at her. And the magic being thrown can only be her size or smaller, so no stopping meteors. Paired with her fire abilities and her high pain tolerance, I think Felicity will still be a force to be reckoned with, even if this ability may not be as powerful as you'd like right away.

Please let me know your thoughts, and if you have any questions! Thanks for your patience!

Flamebird
04-15-16, 07:44 PM
Ello,

It's really weird, I was maxed out for abilities in level 1 (berserk rage parts 1 & 2, and my Blink ability that I've discarded) And the last judge thought it was fine. I guess this is lucky though, cause I've been thinking of rebooting the ability as a whole. I've been thinking of turning the physical strength boosts into a knockback force instead. As much as I've got a "the more you hit her the stronger she gets" concept with her, I guess I could say it instantly boosts her knockback (from punches, kicks, sword swinging, etc.) to a single, certain place. How much knockback could I give her blows at this point? Enough to shove the equivalent of two grown men back and break a sturdy board of wood?

I was pretty sure BRP4 would have some kind of trouble, lol. I think I might actually completely replace the magic resistance with something else. Felicity is supposed to be a berserker and a bit of a tank as well, I don't think the magic resistance quite fits the mold. As of now Berserk Rage is an uncontrollable mess of power, and I don't want to add onto the cloak with something Felicity could even subconsciously control right now (like missile attacks or a concentrated blow

As much as Berserk Rage is her only magic ability, I could do something elsewhere. I could even include my upcoming familiar I was saving for level three originally?

It's a dire wolf pup, still very young so it's not quite fit for combat just yet (so it would come up to you, bite your leg, and it's more cute than damaging. Or if it's not cute, you could kick it off and it would emit a squeaky toy sound as it flew back.) I plan on my cute, little dire wolf puppy becoming a huge, epic and deadly dire wolf of deadliness as it grows up, but even as a pup it could have other uses. As a canine, this wolf pup is going to have amazing smell. So what if I did this:

Familiar:
A dire wolf pup, about two weeks old, with a grey and white pelt. He is extremely cute, but not a turn to in battle just yet - he'll mostly just nip at your legs, looking more adorable (or annoying) than causing harm. This pup, Rissien has the following abilities:
- Smell: Rissien has an exceptional sense of smell. He can smell up to one mile away. He can also recognize the distinct smell of someone he knows. His smell makes this pup a potential tracker when he grows a bit older, and gives him some extra awareness now.

Max Dirks
07-11-16, 10:10 AM
Ashla, I'm going to archive this.

Let me know if you have interest in reviving the character and I'll reopen the thread.