PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming break from roleplaying

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-12-16, 07:01 AM
As some of you may know, me and the wife are expecting a little girl in mid June. It's our first child and i'm finding myself with a lot to do to prepare for little one's arrival, as well as helping Mrs Shinsou carry out day to day stuff that she can no longer do on her own.

With that in mind, i'm announcing a break from writing. This will be effective from the date our involvement in the LCC ends.

I will ensure that current threads I am in with Krugor, Ioder and company are completed, but this means I won't be involved in, nor starting, any new threads until my return after little one is born.

I will be carrying on with my normal judging duties, which will not be affected by this break, and i'll still be around the site. I just don't think I will be able to churn out posts like I have been doing whilst also attending both to the new family addition and my role as a judge. As fun as the LCC has been, it has also been quite time consuming and i'm treading a fine line with the Mrs everytime I tell her "I just have to get this post done honey." :D

Bard
04-12-16, 07:06 AM
Best of luck with the little one, you and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope that the stress levels will be as low as possible.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-12-16, 07:11 AM
Best of luck with the little one, you and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope that the stress levels will be as low as possible.

Cheers Bard! I don't know about stress levels :D but June can't come quickly enough! Hopefully after she is born I can work on Shinsou's backstory a bit more. Until then i'll be swanning around, doing judgements and generally being a pain in everyone's arse :)

Storm Veritas
04-12-16, 07:53 AM
Good luck and condolences! We're writing a quest thread when you get back, so PM me day 1 when you return.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-12-16, 08:05 AM
Good luck and condolences! We're writing a quest thread when you get back, so PM me day 1 when you return.

Thank you mate. That would be a great way to get back into the swing of things. I'll make sure to do that :)

BlackAndBlueEyes
04-12-16, 08:09 AM
Fite me

Logan
04-12-16, 08:24 AM
While this day was inevitable, what with your little one on the way and all, it is no easier to accept. Alas, I know I will await your full return to full writing, though with Storm having already claimed you upon your return I will probably have to move to the back of the line. Haha.

Good luck!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-12-16, 09:08 AM
While this day was inevitable, what with your little one on the way and all, it is no easier to accept. Alas, I know I will await your full return to full writing, though with Storm having already claimed you upon your return I will probably have to move to the back of the line. Haha.

Good luck!

Thanks Logan! To be honest i'll be itching to write again once this is done. The LCC will keep me occupied in the meantime as well as the other threads I want to finish. All being well, I imagine i'll be back to full writing come mid-june. :)

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-12-16, 10:14 AM
Fite me

I offered a month or two ago and you didn't want to. Wuss. :p

Breaker
04-12-16, 10:47 AM
Best of luck with the baby!

Rayleigh
04-12-16, 12:42 PM
I'll continue harassing you on Facebook (mostly for baby pictures). But I do hope we can write again when you return.

Krugor
04-12-16, 01:03 PM
Good luck Shin!

You don't have to rush our thread, take good care of your baby mama first! ;)

Skie and Avery
04-12-16, 01:22 PM
Baybeeeeee!!!!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-12-16, 03:07 PM
Good luck Shin!

You don't have to rush our thread, take good care of your baby mama first! ;)

Thank you Krugor mate! And the rest of you as well.

I really like our thread concept so I want to finish that before baby arrives :) I have a post three quarters done, i've changed it now three times so I know i'm close to a final draft ;)

loves.blessing.
04-12-16, 03:51 PM
Good luck dear, best wishes.

Saz Eristrad
04-13-16, 12:49 AM
Good luck, mate. Take your time and get things under control. And come back when you're ready!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
06-27-16, 05:13 AM
Hey again guys.

Well, it's been a long nine months and it seems we'll be having to get wifey induced on Wednesday of this week to get the ball rolling on little one getting here. We expect some sort of news by Friday!

As you can probably appreciate it'll be two months of fucked up sleeping patterns. I'm not going to take the break from Althanas I originally planned (I have an addiction) but I imagine activity will be up and down and at strange times whilst my body adjusts to the demands of a newborn and the struggles of sleep deprivation! So, for those I am in threads with (namely Storm, Philomel and Gnarl) i'll still be around.

I'll still be serving as one of your super moderators on the judging side and i'm confident the team will help keep your judging times nice and low. I'm hoping to complete my Realm of Greeting training soon so when people look at me and wonder what it is I actually do on the site, i'll have an answer for you :p

But in all seriousness, these are good times. :)

Love you all.
Shin

Hysteria
06-27-16, 06:31 AM
Babies sleep well for the first two weeks. I'll expect the judgement queue to be finished off by half way through week two.

I also expect a photo of little shin/shiniqua.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
06-27-16, 06:40 AM
Babies sleep well for the first two weeks.I'll expect the judgement queue to be finished off by half way through week two.

I also expect a photo of little shin/shiniqua.

Optimism :D

I'm working on the one you submitted. Other than that there's not much in the queue :p

Photos will be available :)

Storm Veritas
06-27-16, 07:49 AM
On the plus side, you'll be up all hours with nothing to do - perfect time for reading.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
06-27-16, 08:41 AM
A valid point. My writing could be interesting too in that sort of state.