PDA

View Full Version : Moderated Quest [Prologue]

Lye
05-17-16, 02:09 PM
I am looking for 4 people to sign up for a moderated quest. I will be moderating it as we go along and this will eventually lead into a bigger event.

Here are the details:

Tacked to the notice board of nearly all public taverns and inns hangs a notice. The contents of which are handwritten and vary in language to that of the local government. The parchment is clean and bears a wax seal in the lower left corner. The notice states that the Aleran Guard is seeking able bodied adventurers and hunters to aide them in a report of bandits which have laid waste to outlying settlements along the base of the southernmost mountains. Several squadrons of the Queen's Guard have gone missing and scouts report no signs of remains. The bandits are to be considered highly dangerous and seem to utilize an unknown form of magic. Only strong adventurers need apply.

A reward in the amount of 4,000 gold will be granted upon proof the bandits have been dealt with.

Below, is signed the name of the Guard Captain of Ettermire followed by a crude illustration showing a trio of small settlements nestled between the forest's edge and the rocky craigs of the mountains which divide Alerar from Raiaera.

Please post your interest here. There will be a 72 hour (3 day) posting timeframe. If it is not met, the character will be written out and another player will be pulled from the reserve list. There will be additional rewards but they will be revealed at the close of the thread.

Filled Positions:

Devyn
Cards of Fate
Shifters Shadow
jdd2035

Reserves:

SirArtemis
Philomel
Nicolette
redford
<<OPEN>>
<<OPEN>>
<<OPEN>>
<<OPEN>>
<<OPEN>>

Devyn
05-17-16, 02:31 PM
I'd be interested in doing this! :)

Cards of Fate
05-17-16, 03:22 PM
I throw my name in the mix fam

Shifters Shadow
05-17-16, 05:20 PM
Im availible.

Lye
05-17-16, 05:22 PM
One slot open.

Plenty of room for reserves.

jdd2035
05-17-16, 05:39 PM
Cain Jodin Captain of the Peregrine shall undertake this adventure. He could use a little shore leave.

Lye
05-18-16, 09:38 AM
We have our team of four. Anyone still interested can be a reserve until people drop out/die.

SirArtemis
05-18-16, 11:21 AM
I'll throw in as a potential reserve.

Philomel
05-18-16, 01:17 PM
reserve please

Lye
05-18-16, 01:21 PM
Added the both of you.

Once I have the opener ready, I'll link it here and that will start our 72 hour timer. Post order is as above unless y'all want to come together and submit a different posting order before we get underway.

Nicolette
05-18-16, 01:26 PM
I'd like to reserve a spot, please.

redford
05-19-16, 06:14 PM
John is interested in killing bandits

Lye
05-20-16, 04:09 PM
The thread has started: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?31034

Post order is as follows. Interested parties can still sign up for reserves.

Devyn
Cards of Fate
Shifters Shadow
jdd2035

Cards of Fate
05-20-16, 04:24 PM
Oh, I should have checked here first before I started on my post :P

Shifters Shadow
05-22-16, 08:26 AM
I'll post today.

jdd2035
05-22-16, 09:40 PM
sorry for the crappy intro folks. I'm still getting back into character.

Lye
05-23-16, 10:42 AM
I'm removing post order and instating the 72hour deadline from time of my post. That way we aren't running around 12 day post cycles. 72 is a fair amount of time for everyone to get a post in.

Lye
05-31-16, 11:27 AM
Shifter's Shadow is outta there! Failure to meet 72 hour deadline. How would you like to be written out? Death or leaving the scene from disinterest?

As for the nest person in line:

Sir Artemis! Be prepared to post as soon as I get my modded post in.

Lye
06-01-16, 12:40 PM
Double post!

What are your thoughts on the quest so far? This is my first moderated quest and I'm trying to me thorough while also permitting just enough hints, information, and action to keep people engaged and the important plot points conveyed.

Anything I'm doing poorly or that frustrates you?

Shifters Shadow
06-01-16, 12:51 PM
Just written out the story. I ended up on holiday and couldn't get online. My bad.

Lye
06-01-16, 01:14 PM
I had you mysteriously vanish. I figured that was more of Shifter's MO. Hopefully I did good by you. Sorry for the timing. I was hoping 72 hours was a solid enough window. :/

Shifters Shadow
06-01-16, 03:40 PM
Yeah nothing wrong with it at all. My fault entirely with bad planning.

Lye
06-05-16, 10:01 AM
Apologies for the delay, it's been a hectic couple of days. You guys were so good at getting posts out and I feel like poop for being the source of the wait. I'll have something to you by Monday morning the absolute latest.

Lye
06-09-16, 12:34 PM
Another post up.

So I'm trying to provide tons of opportunities to you guys without making this too combat intensive. I won't tell you what to do or give you all the details, but I do encourage thinking outside the box.

From those reading/participating. How am I doing so far? Do you feel engaged? Are you intrigued? Would you do another Modded Quest from me?

Devyn
06-09-16, 07:50 PM
Nice post! And yes, I'd definitely do another Modded Quest from you. I'm really interested to see where this is going the go, and the strange hints of mysterious happenings outside of the village are very intriguing.

jdd2035
06-09-16, 09:16 PM
I appreciate all of your hard work thank you. The quest is good.

Aelin Valth
06-10-16, 01:58 AM
Well, if there's any need for me, I'm able to serve in what capacity I can.

I know there probably won't be a need, though...

Devyn
06-11-16, 07:28 PM
Hey, Lye... I'll be away from the 15th to the 17th, so depending on the time of the posts, I might not be able to make it. Maybe? I don't know, but I figured I'd tell you just in case...

SirArtemis
06-13-16, 04:40 PM
So I can't post without you all this time. I was thinking of grabbing the pale elf and throwing him over my shoulder, taking his gun, and running the hell out of there and shouting to you guys that it's time to go. I'd rather we get out of the danger zone and find out more. I can chalk up the images of what I see at the expense of a headache and get to a safe space and see if the headaches go away or not, but regardless, where we are now there's no guarantee that they won't just keep coming. I'd err on the side of caution. any opposed to a tactical retreat?

Lye
06-13-16, 04:51 PM
Four wet lightning rods with one that is a walking Tap Spring... This should be fun.

SirArtemis
06-13-16, 04:57 PM
I mean it's either that or 40 vs 4. 10 to 1 odds... eh. Artemis and Cards can hold their own but the other two aren't monsters just yet.

Lye
06-13-16, 05:00 PM
They're not entirely immune to the weather either. Plus, I dropped a hint that may work in your favor given the weather as well.

Regardless, its more about your IC motive as JDD hasn't conveyed the size of the group and is the only one able to see it. Considering how quickly and harm-free you all disposed of the first batch...

SirArtemis
06-13-16, 05:05 PM
Eh, I'd have a tough time against mechanical entities. Vince would have to step in there. I do have some shock magic of my own I could use, but I don't want the pale elf to get himself killed. I'll want to get him out of here and see if he can help us.

SirArtemis
06-13-16, 08:00 PM
By the way, I'm down to fight. Just let me know what you all want to do and i'll post up.

jdd2035
06-13-16, 09:27 PM
Like described in my post The four of them could take the forty attackers

Cain is high, Arti and Vince are low if the three lower group members maneuver around to draw them in a trough and cluster them Cain can rain fire from above and behind while you press them from the front in a meat grinder pincer formation. It's a thought but it all depends on how Lye RP's lol.

SirArtemis
06-13-16, 09:53 PM
Fight it is. My post is up.

Lye
06-14-16, 04:28 PM
Cards, you may want to save Devyn as a high priority. She just rushed into the middle of 40 unknowns by herself.

SirArtemis
06-14-16, 04:44 PM
Cards, you may want to save Devyn as a high priority. She just rushed into the middle of 40 unknowns by herself.

*chuckles*

Maybe she's actually Tracer and is about to press E.

Cards of Fate
06-14-16, 05:04 PM
Question, if I took a bunch of depleted crystals and used a high energy density ability could I detonate them?

Lye
06-14-16, 08:44 PM
Makes sense to me. You did it with one, why not a handful?

Cards of Fate
06-14-16, 08:47 PM
How much damage could I sow doing that with a fistful? Are they grenade tier explosive or...? Would Vince be able to survive a close range detonation of several within say...ten feet?

Lye
06-15-16, 11:03 AM
Devyn, I'm extending an additional day for you since I received a head's up. You have until the end of the 18th to squeak in a post. If you can't get it in by then, you will be removed from the roster and Philomel will be able to step in if she is still interested.

[Edit] As a head's up, this event is drawing to a close. Depending on your actions, once this wave is out, the final boss will arrive. Don't worry, you will get assistance from a mysterious ally to help down it. Once it is down, the thread will end.

Hang on, you're almost there.

jdd2035
06-15-16, 02:43 PM
did cain see the glyph light up and would a pistol ball be slow enough to pass the shields?

Lye
06-15-16, 02:52 PM
That's up to you. The glyph lit up behind you, so if at any point you glanced back, say when Vince went flying back or when Artemis dragged Devyn to cover, you may have caught something unusual out of the corner of your eye.

A pistol ball, however, would be too fast. Thrown weapons from a normal Althanian, like Devyn's knives, would work.

jdd2035
06-15-16, 06:23 PM
What would happen if unspent magicite rounds were struck by lightning?

Lye
06-15-16, 07:21 PM
They are at capacity and stable. They won't rupture because they are no longer drawing in energy.

jdd2035
06-16-16, 07:08 PM
Ok, a little Deus Ex Machina with the lightning but every thing else has been established in the thread. So with out further adue duck Cain is messing with powers he does not understand.

Lye
06-21-16, 08:52 AM
The thread has been edited. All mention of anything gravity based has been removed and changed to something fire based. Thread has about 3 more rounds of posting before close.

72 hour rule resumes from the time stamp of this post.

jdd2035
06-21-16, 11:27 PM
I know that Arti watched the Grenades go off and all that's cool. And He also said that he lost sight of Cain. So that being said I'm going with Cain chucked the grenades that landed near him back at the enemy. Not skillfully, but enough to not get singed.

SirArtemis
06-22-16, 07:01 AM
I just hope the ones you toss that the enemy is gonna end up blowing me up too

jdd2035
06-22-16, 05:33 PM
Na, a different two

jdd2035
06-22-16, 07:20 PM
Edited for every ones sake...

Lye
06-27-16, 10:00 AM
Apologies for the delay on the next post. It just so happens that my personal life is decaying into an abysmal state. Details aside, someone upstairs is trying to send a message or put me through one of those "tests".

How does this affect you?

Your modded post may not be of the best quality or take a little bit more time. I will finish this and I appreciate your patience and commitment to helping me get it done.

Thanks.

jdd2035
06-27-16, 10:47 AM
do what you need to dude

SirArtemis
06-27-16, 11:26 AM
No rush. Take care of yourself first.

Devyn
06-27-16, 03:17 PM
Yup! No pressure! :D

Cards of Fate
06-27-16, 03:22 PM
ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE! STAFF SHOULD...

Just kidding, I love you man. Take your time, just gimme that sweet sweet reward GP when its all said and done BB.

Devyn
06-27-16, 04:46 PM
Oh, also, I'll be away for like two weeks from the 30th onward, so my last post is my last...

Lye
07-01-16, 02:36 PM
Post is up, but I decided not to introduce the behemoth this round. I'm giving an opportunity for an out and calm before the finale. You're all scattered and injured with a ton of questions. One survivor and two stuck constructs. They have limited offensive capabilities.

Devyn is going to be MIA since I did this late. SO write her out accordingly.

Philomel, you can sub in if they opt to stay.

SirArtemis
07-01-16, 03:09 PM
That's my last post in the shebang. I am taking the elf for more information once I get far enough away and a single clip of blue magicyte bullets as my spoils. If they decide to fight, that's on them. I expect Devyn will follow me to leave and hopefully she helps give JDD some support given his bad leg.

jdd2035
07-01-16, 11:08 PM
Cain's out. He can't take on much in his condition but he at least left one last boom. Hopefully the behemoth triggered it but it's just as likely that a lightning strike did the job. As for spoils the 1000 Gold is nice and if I get any extra i wouldn't mind an enchanted saber...though I much prefer the gold.

SirArtemis
07-02-16, 09:59 AM
Cain's out. He can't take on much in his condition but he at least left one last boom. Hopefully the behemoth triggered it but it's just as likely that a lightning strike did the job. As for spoils the 1000 Gold is nice and if I get any extra i wouldn't mind an enchanted saber...though I much prefer the gold.

I'll take the 1k gold on top as well, just didn't know if we'd earned it given the "completion" of the bounty so to speak. but yeah. hopefully we get it.

jdd2035
07-22-16, 09:43 PM
It's been 20 days so I was wondering what's happening with the thread?

Lye
07-25-16, 09:04 AM
I still need to post a closing post and finish it out. Apologies for the delay. Been busy.

SirArtemis
09-08-16, 01:32 PM
Hey Lye, just wanted to check in on this so that we could get the quest wrapped up and rewards posted. Please and thank you.