PDA

View Full Version : New Get!

Philomel
07-27-16, 10:27 AM
The bell attached to the ceiling by a springy piece of copper clanged as the door was pushed open. Leaning against it, coming in with the sway of the ajarity was a large fox. Balanced on his hind legs his forepaws were upraised, and pressed against the door handle that had been compressed under his weight and push.

He looked over at the very startled shop keeper as he fell back down to his four feet. Tail swishing he pattered over to the desk and promptly leapt onto it. Sitting back on his haunches he finally revealed the purpose for his visit and his reason for staying so silent and mysterious until now. For in his mouth was a folded and slightly crumpled piece of paper. Laying this, complete with strings of spittle, he laid it before the shop keeper and let out a satisfied bark.

Hesitantly the shop keeper edged forwards his hand and teased the paper open with thumb and forefinger. With encouragement from the fox he took a moment and tense movements to find the writing within.

"Dear Keeper of Shop," it said;

"I would like to place an order with you for various items of clothing. One, a warm white winter cloak, made from good sturdy hide made to my height of 6ft and 3 inches, and two large leather shoulder guards onto which this is to be attached.
If you could also for me, get in contact with a leather smith. From him I would like to buy a leather bull whip.

Regards, Philomel."

Philomel
08-22-16, 02:49 PM
((Is it possible to request to get this looked at? I also notice there is one from another member not looked at yet, with the date earlier than here.))

Tobias Stalt
08-22-16, 04:12 PM
"Looking at about 375 gold for the lot," the leatherworker grunted aloud as he glanced over the work order. "I've got the leather on hand, but I'll need to tailor it to the proper sizes." He was a simple sort of man, hardened skin on his hands singing silent tales of a lifetime of work. An armory of leather needles arrayed his belt and a spool of sturdier bull hair string hung over his lapel. His eyes were a deep green color that searched the strange fox (because really, what the hell, a fox?) for understanding. He scratched at the scruff on his chin and sighed.

"I cannae see why folk send their bloody pets to do this for them," he sighed. "Armor needs to be fit to the customer."

His gaze shot to the shopkeep, who was still hesitantly eyeing the fox. "Och, I'm not payin' ye to gawk at the bloody fauna. Get on!" The younger man yelped as he was chastised, and he jumped to sweeping the shop floor. "As for ye, fox," he ran his thumb and forefinger along the edges of the note. "I'll write a response for yer friend, this Philomel."

He flipped the note over and scrawled out the cost and parameters of her request. It detailed the process would need to be customized for (them?) specifically, because while 6'3" was a specific height, weights and body types varied, shoulder breadth was a factor, and her bust could be grossly under (or over) estimated if he just tried to wing it.

And he thanked her for her business.

He held out the paper and offered it to the fox.

Philomel
08-24-16, 03:42 PM
The fox looked at him with brilliant golden eyes. There was a clear intelligence in him, related also in his casual tilt of his head.

For a while he seemed to consider.

"375 gold."

He swished his elegant tail, white tipped and gentle. He breathed in slowly and then chirruped a little, a cheeky but afirming and positive-sounding noise. Glancing over to the assistant he grinned somewhat before waiting for the reply. Lips pulled back, teeth exposed.

"... Here."

Looking back, he faced the man again, and saw the held out piece of paper.

Veridian was still smiling and leant forwards to carefully take the sheet between his teeth. He nodded to the keeper, before turning gently, tail flicking once more and then jumping down from the table.

Thank you, he said in his head.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
09-26-16, 02:39 AM
Transaction complete!