PDA

View Full Version : Solo Quest Post Minimum

Devin Argente
11-17-06, 03:42 PM
I'm creating this thread because of this solo quest (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=41220) I am currently writing. I've read on numerous occasions that the minimum post count for such a quest is 10 posts. At the moment - because I want to prevent myself from stretching the story for too long - I'm quite sure I won't reach ten posts before the quest reaches its conclusion.

Point in question is, some of the posts I've made are pretty darn long. I mean, so long that most could be easily split up into two (or even three) separate posts. If I needed to, I could copy the whole lot and paste it into different, smaller posts, and reach 10 posts easily.

Do I really need to do so for the thread to be formally judged once it ends? Or is the length of posts taken into account when deciding upon the query whether a certain quest should be judged or not?

Max Dirks
11-17-06, 03:51 PM
10 posts or 10,000 words.

Be sure to make it clear to the judge though.

Letho
11-17-06, 04:05 PM
Hmm... I copy/pasted the posts in a Word Document and the word count says a little over 8,000. But I looked over the quest and some of the posts (especially the last two) are really long. I'm not certain. I think it's up to judge's discretion whether or not to give it a formal judging.

Devin Argente
11-17-06, 04:08 PM
It's about 8,200 and it's not quite done, yet. It'll definitely be over 10,000 by the time it ends. Thank you for the information.

Letho
11-17-06, 04:09 PM
Oh. I thought you were finished. Since that's not the case, I guess all is good. :)