PDA

View Full Version : The Start of a New Age!

Cards of Fate
11-01-16, 11:18 PM
Years ago the great country of Raiaera was invaded by an ancient foe long considered dead, the dreaded necromancer Xem'Zund. Appearing seemingly out of nowhere with his menacing fortress, the obsidian tower, Xem'zund unleashed a horde of undead unlike anything the world had ever seen before. Things seemed bleak for the ancient Elven country, but a band of heroes joined together during the Corpse War and put an end to Xem'zund once and for all, permanently killing him by severing his connection to the Tap. However, the heroes have all seemed to vanish, leaving Raiaera in ruins with no traction to begin recovering. With a vile plague consuming most of the land, and the remnants of a government scattered and in hiding, it seems like hope is lost...

However, several forces have begun to move behind the scenes. Following the decisive defeat of the Forgotten One, Pode, the people of Raiaera are on the warpath. Several mercenary bands have formed and begun patrolling the outskirts of the plaguelands in an attempt to keep the undead at bay. Raiaeran politicians who have long since sought asylum in other countries have begun lobbying for aid from their foreign friends, hoping to raise an army for reclaiming the motherland. Some of the world's greatest minds have been gathered by the highly lucrative Raiaeran Restoration Council in an attempt to find a cure for the dreaded blight. However, these people need help!

That's where you come in!

Part of the charm of Althanas is the fact that the world is dynamic, yet it seems like it's been ages since we've banded together to put in the effort to truly change the canon. What I would like to do is get a large group of players together in a player run drive to restore the ancient kingdom of Raiaera to its former glory. What this would involve is a three pronged campaign that will ultimately result in the reclamation of the zombie infested Elruriand. As it stands, the three main objectives are as follows.

Containment: Keep the undead hordes that still wander the diseased wastes from spreading outward and raiding the few people who still live in Raiaera. This will also mean coming up with ways to prevent the spread of the corruption plaguing the land as well. Players participating in containment missions will lead raids on undead hordes and to establish bastions of safety that will end up being the groundwork for new towns when the plague is cured. When the cure is found, the containment team with be on the front-lines in administering it.

Funding and Supply: Killing undead not your fancy? The reclamation efforts need more than just boots on the ground. Soldiers and scientists need to be paid, they need places to stay, and they need food in their bellies. People who participate in funding and supply will help gather coin and goods for the war effort. Players may find themselves needing to lobby foreign countries and power in exchange for help. Players may find themselves having to do favors for people in exchange for aid.

Research: Is your character stupid smart? Are they well versed in the necromatic arts perhaps? The research team is probably for you. ALthanas' brightest minds will gather to research the plague and to create a cure. Members of the research team will work hand in hand with containment to bring in samples to study, set up field research, and possibly venture into the plaguelands to find more research that was previously lost to the world when Eluriand fell. Once a cure has been found, the research team will then focus on how to properly distribute the cure.

Any volunteers, questions, statements, or declarations?

Cydnar
11-02-16, 05:42 AM
I think some work has already been done in reference to the Research brief. It was Michelle, though, so I don't know where to point you in her absence. Flames my have had some input.

In any respect, I'm in!

Mari
11-02-16, 10:22 PM
Amari is not a fighter, however - if her Master - Lye allows it. She will participate in general aid, and healing

Rayleigh
11-02-16, 11:00 PM
You've got any/all my characters, boo. <3

Itinerant
11-02-16, 11:17 PM
Jacques will lend a hand and his skills as a cook and shitty wizard.

Fez_The_Kid
11-02-16, 11:35 PM
Raiaera? Count me in.

FennWenn
11-03-16, 06:09 AM
Fenn will try and help out however he can!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-03-16, 07:47 AM
I pledge everyone's favorite Telgradian to the cause.

Left 4 Dead: Raiaera edition.

redford
11-03-16, 08:47 AM
Me and shin being now bros, John tosses his lot in with the rest of you. Skilled in forging, general badassery, and killing things.

Storm Veritas
11-03-16, 08:52 AM
Storm has plenty of axes to grind back on the red continent. Happy to help.

Lye
11-03-16, 09:07 AM
Amari is clear to join. Lye will abstain.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-03-16, 09:59 AM
This is going to kick ass.

Ioder
11-03-16, 10:01 AM
Alright im in. All fronts. We need this.

Cards of Fate
11-03-16, 10:36 AM
I will contact a few people privately to help me organize all of this, expect to hopefully see missions and a formal start thread within a week or two depending on response times.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-03-16, 01:25 PM
Good man, Cards. Thanks for taking this on, i'm looking forward to participating.

redford
11-03-16, 01:27 PM
I think we might want to get some mods to storm brains about some challenges to getting the plaguelands patched up. If you want to skype some shit, let me know.

Itinerant
11-03-16, 01:47 PM
Potential barriers to restoration

-Rogue necromancer sects acting in secret to re-corrupt currently cleansed areas.
-Powerful undead beasts whose magic have linked their state to the land itself. Cleanse them and the land is cleansed. Kill them and the land dies.
-Agents of the necromancers mentioned above infiltrating the ranks.
-Areas resistant to cleansing, areas that contain plague, etc.
-People profiting off the fear and shortages opposing the movement to restore.

Those are just potential, the ones that popped into my head right away.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-03-16, 01:58 PM
Potential barriers to restoration

-Rogue necromancer sects acting in secret to re-corrupt currently cleansed areas.
-Powerful undead beasts whose magic have linked their state to the land itself. Cleanse them and the land is cleansed. Kill them and the land dies.
-Agents of the necromancers mentioned above infiltrating the ranks.
-Areas resistant to cleansing, areas that contain plague, etc.
-People profiting off the fear and shortages opposing the movement to restore.

Those are just potential, the ones that popped into my head right away.

Love that second one.

Cards of Fate
11-03-16, 03:32 PM
I need three people to volunteer to head up a team each: Funding, Containment, and Research.

Whos down?

redford
11-03-16, 03:51 PM
Containment team.

Let's fight!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-03-16, 04:56 PM
I'll work under Fitebear in Containment.

Ioder
11-03-16, 05:55 PM
I second that Shin.

Cards of Fate
11-03-16, 06:41 PM
Ill go ahead and put Vince as head of research if nobody wants it?

Itinerant
11-03-16, 06:46 PM
I'll head up funding and supply, I suppose. Jacques knows a good bit about that line of work.

redford
11-03-16, 07:00 PM
John heading containment with ioder and shin?

Bye zombs, nice knowing you

BlackAndBlueEyes
11-03-16, 09:56 PM
Put Maddy in research, probably.

Mari
11-03-16, 10:17 PM
Either research, or whatever team would best suit her ability to cleanse things XD

FennWenn
11-03-16, 10:28 PM
Fenn can bounce back between different tasks for any of the teams, if that's okay. He'd probably be equally suited for any of them.

Ioder
11-03-16, 11:21 PM
Ah Amari Ciel L'Olfsden, the plauglands need your cleansing on the front lines. I offer safty, in the form on numbers, no harm will come to you.

Cards of Fate
11-04-16, 12:13 AM
Cool cool ladies and gents. I have my people picked for the heads of each campaign, and I will have emails out to them. We will be starting with a "call to arms" of each leader in one thread. They will be briefed and then given their first mission for each team. Once those are done we will begin to do open Quest boards for each team.

Fez_The_Kid
11-04-16, 08:12 AM
Put me in Research. Time to stir the scientist in Anubis.

Mari
11-04-16, 08:54 AM
Mind you:
Whilst Amari can cleanse/heal things - she will take on the pain and symptoms of that for 1-2 posts. So she won't be able to constantly be efficient.

I was expecting to have Amari placed on the Research Team, however - as per her Master's instructions; Either team will suit her motives.

Gadrial
11-10-16, 06:17 AM
Gadrial will lend his bow, his sword, his daggers to the fight. And if needed will help with funding.

FennWenn
12-13-16, 11:14 AM
Umm, if it's relevant and no other plans have been made, Fenn will probs be funding-focused now. Have an interesting quest idea thing, maybe.

Itinerant
12-13-16, 02:07 PM
Red, Ray, and myself are waiting on Cards/Fred to post, so the actual big part of this thing might be going on somewhat soon.

Mutant_Lorenor
12-30-16, 03:18 PM
Hey guys I spoke to Shelby and Fred about this I'm interesting in joining if its not too late!

Cards of Fate
12-30-16, 03:19 PM
It's never too late! We're just starting to really get rolling!

Philomel
01-28-17, 02:04 PM
HELLO!

I AM INTERESTED.

In saving the forest. Go forest!

Kryos
01-28-17, 06:05 PM
Alright. Just so that everyone involved is aware, if they are not already, I have made a compendium for this Arc. It can be found sticky'd in the Raiaera Forum. Everything should be up to date. If, at any point, you see something that is incorrect, or should be added (like useful threads/pages), feel free to let me know, either by PM, replying to that thread, or this thread, or the individual recruitment threads. I will do my best to stay on top of everything.

Needless to say, I am super excited about all of this! Go us!

Also, while I myself am a "wildcard," section leaders, if you need any help with ideas/anything at all with your respective initiatives, please let Cards or me know. He is leading it all, but I would be more than happy to bounce ideas around or anything else that you need.

By no means am I the mastermind behind this, and don't want the credit for it. I am just eager to see how this all plays out in the end.

Will it go according to plan? Or will it not?