PDA

View Full Version : Geography Help

Belenus
11-18-06, 02:49 AM
Okay, I'm having a heck of a time getting the international geography down here. After an admittedly short-tempered attempt at piecing a worldwide map together in my mind based on the geography listed by each individual nation, and a number of fruitless searches through various parts of the forums, I now turn here for help.

Can (and will) anyone help me out with the overall geography of Althanas? Most places seem to have their own area mapped out (though I notice that a couple of the maps have disappeared, their links gone dead), but I am unable to find one which encompasses the whole world. I'm trying to figure out where Alerar is in relation to Fallien, specifically, but since I'm at it why not ask for the rest of the world too? I see by Alerar's map that it is adjacent to both Salvar and Raiaera, but I can't seem to find out what else Salvar and Raiaera are adjacent to.

By all means, if such a resource exists and I somehow missed it, please do direct me there. If not, I'd adore you forever if some of you long-time members could establish in some central location (such as this) a map of the world, or at least a description of exactly where everything is.

Since most countries have their respective geography pretty well figured out, I don't see any need to go into detail about particular landmarks, except perhaps for borders between nations. Just a nice overview is all I ask. Thanks! :D

****Edit:

Why do I always seem to do this? Not five minutes after I posted this, I realized there's a 'homepage' for Althanas (I always just jump straight into the forums) with maps and such... I'll look around there, and if I find what I need I'll delete this. Just wanted to let you know that I did, in fact, see these other maps.

AdventWings
11-18-06, 03:16 AM
Hehehe. Happens to even the best of us, Belenus.

Alright then, I'll keep this intact for now. If you want this deleted, PM us mods and we'll do the cleaning.

Belenus
11-18-06, 03:57 AM
Hmm... Okay, I'm still having some trouble (after having reviewed the maps conveniently placed in the Almanac on the main page). Alerar doesn't have any information at all, let alone a map, and the existing maps are still exclusive to their own nations. Also, Fallien, Corone, and Scara Brae are the only ones with maps.

So my original dilemma remains intact: Where are all these places in relation to each other?

AdventWings
11-18-06, 05:12 AM
OK, then. This means you've missed the World Map page altogether. I also now realized the original thread has been pruned via our auto-pruning function.

Therefore, I bring you to this (http://www.althanas.com/images/maps/northalthanaspreview.jpg) page. This is our most current world map (barring the new Israloth region that was recently added to our world) and outlines the basic landmasses present.

Hope this helps to clear up your geography homeworks! :D

Belenus
11-19-06, 05:40 PM
Indeed it does! Thanks a million for your help.

Unfortunately the geography didn't work out quite how I was hoping it would (hoped Fallien was in a more central location) but there's nothing to be done about that. Unless perhaps Althanas is spherical...? Don't suppose you happen to know?

In any case, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

AdventWings
11-20-06, 01:43 AM
Althanas? Spherical? 'Tis blasphemy, I tell you!

Taha. I kid. ;)

Anyways, what you see on that map at the moment is the currently "known" portions of the planet known as Althanas. More specifically, the third Northern hemisphere, as our head admin and map maker Santhalas so described it. Therefore, the areas beyond the sea to the east and west are currently left unexplored so as to give the writeres here free reign to where their origins are.

So, yeah. Fallien is pretty close to the equator as it is, although you would want to contact Valkyrie, our Fallien continent writer about more specific things.

Have fun!