PDA

View Full Version : Boss Battle Prelude - Crystal Swords

Hysteria
11-14-16, 12:47 PM
http://orig09.deviantart.net/c49a/f/2016/319/1/6/crystal_swords_by_harlequinhues-daoiac7.png

Five swords were crafted from crystals taken from deep within the Twilight Mountains. It took elven magic to sheer the blades into the sharp weapons they would become, and dwarven skill to craft the perfect hilts to join the blades. Despite their power, and despite their pedigree, the swords were unused, kept with various treasures pulled from the depths of the mountain, or those poured in from places far and wide. The Kingdom of Deep King Throughstone the Wise had riches far beyond most people’s comprehension. Most were dug up from the depths of the Twilight Mountians, the rest fruits of trade far and wide. It was said that the steel smelted in the Deep Kingdom was the finest in all Althanas, and even that adamantine was forged in those halls. If the latter was true, the knowledge had died, along with most of the trade with the Deep Kingdom.

Deep King Throughstone the Wise had spent a fortune on the five crystal swords, and yet he chose to horde them away; apparently fearful of the time the swords would be used. Few knew why the Deep King did as he had, but none questioned. That was over 700 years ago and many Deep Kings have come and gone during that time. It was the most recent, Engleward the Stout, that would break that tradition, but not by choice. Engeward was slain defending his kingdom as were many of his kin. It was as the chaos of the pestilence dragon fell upon the mountains above, deep below stirred horrors. It was months after the death of the pestilence dragon and Engleward that any realised the isolated kingdom had gone silent. By the time a party was collected and sent to the Deep Kingdom there was only the remains of a few dwarves…. and an empty treasure hold.

Little is known of the five crystal swords now. Some say they were taken by the orcs that destroyed the kingdom, others argue that no army of orc could have broken through the dwarven fortifications. What were the horrors that broke through the dwarven defences? What took the bodies of the dwarves, equipment and all? What army could have taken the mountain of treasure without leaving a sign?

Not all was lost, the swords were too distinct to stay hidden for long. Reports and rumours started circulating about the swords. The (mostly) civilised world started to mobilise to search for them. Some did so for the power the swords must hold, others to regain the honour of the dwarves. Regardless of motive, noble or nefarious, the swords were sought after.

While fact and fiction were undoubtedly entwined, below is the current information available on the swords.

Dragon, The Wood Blade (Green)
The fantastic green blade and blue hilt have been seen in marauder bands hiding along trade routes near the twilight mountain. It is unclear how these outcaste dwarves and elves found the blade, but they are known for attacking anything that isn’t heavily guarded.

Rat, The Shallow-Water Blade (Light Blue)
The blue blade and golden hilt of the Rat blade has been seen inside of Qu-Li’s gambling house in Corone, Radasanth. Qu-Li is known for his shrewd cunning and links with the Radasanth law enforcement. He is however a famous gambler.

Goat, The Fire Blade (Red)
The fire blade has been seen in the back alleys across Alerar. It is unkown exactly where it is, but it is not in the possession of any law abiding dark Elf.

Monkey, The Metal Blade (Orange)
Nothing has been heard of the Monkey blade, possibly because of the relatively plain hilt being easily concealed. It might still be with the original destroyers of the Deep Kingdom.

Ox, The Deep-Water Blade (Dark Blue)
The blue blade and green hilt of the Ox blade is unfortunately similar to many carried by high elves. Sightings have come in from Corone through to Alerar. What little evidence points to Bladesingers of Corone. However, no Bladesinger would ever give up their sword easily.

Howdy!

These crystal swords are a prelude to a boss battle. Each sword will effectively be a ticket to the battle, and once the boss is defeated the abilities (currently secret) will be unlocked. The names and elements of the swords can give you hints as to their abilities. For example, a stealth character probably would want to Rat over the Ox.

Now, to get a sword you need to request it as a spoil. The swords for now are just shiny steel swords, valued at 150gp. You can’t buy these directly; you must request them as spoils. Once all five are found the boss battle will begin. If you have more than one sword, you can invite someone else. The boss battle will have a 48 hour posting time, but the quests to find the swords have no limits. They can be solos, joint questions or whatever. You can find more than one sword in a quest, as long as you are able to request, and are granted them.

The prompts above are just that, prompts. If you decide you want to find a sword on a sunken ship, so be it. If two people are granted the same sword as a spoil, the one that requested the judgement first will get it, with the other person getting a replacement sword. If it’s really complicated or messy, I’ll adjudicate a fair outcome for both. Quests to find the swords are player driven. The boss battle will be run by myself.

Any questions please ask them here. Any approved spoils of the Crystal Swords, post that here too.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-14-16, 01:46 PM
Want.

BlackAndBlueEyes
11-14-16, 01:53 PM
This sounds like it would've been the best friggin' 80's action cartoon ever.

FennWenn
11-14-16, 02:01 PM
Cooool and now I'm intrigued. (Ox is neato~)

Storm Veritas
11-14-16, 02:35 PM
That Rat blade was made for me. Want want want want want.

redford
11-14-16, 04:40 PM
I like this idea

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-14-16, 05:47 PM
That Rat blade was made for me. Want want want want want.

Fight you for it.

Itinerant
11-14-16, 06:31 PM
Jacques is on a quest for a Goat. The writing may or may not be full of Goat-based puns.

redford
11-14-16, 08:26 PM
Monkeys are neat

Hysteria
11-14-16, 08:48 PM
I'm glad there is some interest! More shall be revealed in due time, but for now, get cracking on those swords :D

Storm Veritas
11-14-16, 09:04 PM
For structural clarity: these quests to get the swords are player driven, I presume we don't need "permission", but can we claim them? Additionally, what type of timeline did you have in mind? I don't want to embark on a two-month quest if you're looking to move fast on a 2-3 week time horizon.

Hysteria
11-14-16, 09:15 PM
For structural clarity: these quests to get the swords are player driven, I presume we don't need "permission", but can we claim them? Additionally, what type of timeline did you have in mind? I don't want to embark on a two-month quest if you're looking to move fast on a 2-3 week time horizon.

You do not need permission to quest for the swords. The cost of the swords (150gp) will be treated like a normal spoil, meaning longer and better written threads could get two swords at once. I'd expect a month, a month and a half before we get near the five swords being found. If there is a hold up, or something goes wrong, I'm happy to exchange swords for their full GP amount. I don't think that will be necessary however :)

Rayleigh
11-15-16, 02:14 PM
I'll throw Jo's name into the mix here. See if I can find the time to crank something out. That dragon blade looks really great.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-18-16, 10:36 AM
Hysteria buddy, question.

Me and Storm are questing for the Goat and the Rat in the same thread.

A) Would there be any reason we couldn't do that?

B) If we submitted it as a no judgment, hypothetically, could I award the swords as spoils or would another judge have to do it?

Hysteria
11-18-16, 09:10 PM
Hysteria buddy, question.

Me and Storm are questing for the Goat and the Rat in the same thread.

A) Would there be any reason we couldn't do that?

B) If we submitted it as a no judgment, hypothetically, could I award the swords as spoils or would another judge have to do it?

A. No problem at all doing both at once. The story lines were prompts, so you can make your own one up.

B. Well, I guess you could. That's more a question about who handles what with the judgements. I don't see a problem if it's just a tick and flick and all the other No Judgements before it are done.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-19-16, 12:25 AM
A. No problem at all doing both at once. The story lines were prompts, so you can make your own one up.

B. Well, I guess you could. That's more a question about who handles what with the judgements. I don't see a problem if it's just a tick and flick and all the other No Judgements before it are done.

You're a legend. Thanks!

Tobias Stalt
11-21-16, 02:48 PM
Okay. Count me in for this HARD.

FennWenn
11-21-16, 03:10 PM
Noting here that me and Red have started working on a thread-thing for getting Ox and Monkey, if that's relevant to anyone.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-21-16, 04:40 PM
Swords flying about left right and center here.

Hysteria
12-29-16, 05:38 PM
How is everyone tracking? I've been putting the finishing touches on the swords. Without revealing their abilities, here are the names of the full 12.

Long, the Dragon
Shu, the Rat
Yang, the Goat
Hou, the Monkey
Chou, the Ox
She, the Snake
Ma, the Horse
Ji, the Rooster
Gou, the Dog
Zhu, the Pig
Yin, the Tiger
Mao, the Rabbit

The avilible swords are still the same as those on the front post of this thread, but there are a full set of 12. Each weapon has two abilities, one is summoning it's namesake, or part thereof. The second is using a power/attribute of the animal. I plan to reveal these during th big battle, giving you a boost against the horros.

Let me know how you're all going!

Mari
12-30-16, 01:22 AM
I think my char is actually strong enough for me to try this now!

Rayleigh
12-30-16, 08:05 AM
I'm still interested for Jo, but I think I may wait for another sword. I could use the time to buff her up.

redford
12-30-16, 10:03 AM
I think me and fenn still have plans to quest

FennWenn
12-30-16, 01:22 PM
Yes! Ahhh, need to work on those, ^^'

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
12-30-16, 03:30 PM
Me and Storm are midway. He, like a few others, is very patiently waiting for a post from me which will be forthcoming in the next few days as I catch up IC.

Hysteria
12-31-16, 01:31 AM
If you're interested in one of the other 12 swords let me know. I'd like 5 people to enter the battle, what sword they have is second to that. I think I'll have my character as a back up in case the group needs help (I won't award myself a sword of course). Lower leveled characters are welcome.

Mari
12-31-16, 01:50 AM
I am in terested in the snake and the rabbit swords

Hysteria
01-02-17, 11:00 PM
Feel free to quest for either (although only one!) Once we get five we'll kick off the battle.

redford
01-02-17, 11:55 PM
John and Fenn intend to quest for two swords

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-21-17, 08:30 AM
Myself and Storm have now found the goat and the rat in Chasing Down The Rat (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?31554-Chasing-Down-The-Rat-(A-Crystal-Blade-Quest)&p=271575#post271575).

Hysteria
01-21-17, 05:40 PM
Don't forget to ask for the swords as a reward!

I'll PM Phi -.-

EDIT:
I should add, that you'll make more than 150gp if you complete the boss thread.

Kryos
01-21-17, 05:51 PM
So are the latter seven swords not up for grabs then?

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-21-17, 06:38 PM
Don't forget to ask for the swords as a reward!

I'll PM Phi -.-

EDIT:
I should add, that you'll make more than 150gp if you complete the boss thread.

We did, as you have probably gathered by looking at the judgment request thread. Thanks for helping out bro.

Hysteria
01-22-17, 03:08 AM
So are the latter seven swords not up for grabs then?

Well, if you like the sound of them better than the others you can quest for them. I'm more keen to get swords through and the boss battle underway than what swords.

We did, as you have probably gathered by looking at the judgment request thread. Thanks for helping out bro.

I don't check things! You sir assume too much of me :P

Lucifer
01-22-17, 03:16 AM
I'm very in for this

Edit: Should mention I'm going for the tiger blade.

Doing it on a google doc until its complete then posting it all :)

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-22-17, 03:44 AM
Well, if you like the sound of them better than the others you can quest for them. I'm more keen to get swords through and the boss battle underway than what swords.

I don't check things! You sir assume too much of me :P

Ah! I thought you PM'd Philomel off the back of it. Never mind! :P

Breaker
01-22-17, 06:01 PM
Are any swords unclaimed? I might like to go for one with an alt

Mari
01-22-17, 06:25 PM
I'm halfway through the snake one, hyst what colour is the sword?

Philomel
01-23-17, 02:34 AM
ANy swords I can get?

Philomel
01-23-17, 02:36 AM
I bagsee the bunny sword. Mine please.

Pleeeassseeee!!!

Philomel
01-23-17, 02:39 AM
Going to be posting here during breaks at work for my rabbit sword:

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?31818-Where-Rabbits-Dance-And-Foxes-Die&p=271677#post271677

Jake Narmolanya
01-23-17, 07:26 AM
Methinks Jake will go after the dragon blade.

Hysteria
01-24-17, 02:18 AM
@Breaker: The swords arn't claimed here, they need to be quested for. If two people go for the same sword, the one that submitted the judgement gets it first. I'll try and sort something out so we have two happy questers. The sword powers are unknown to questers.

@Mari: The snake sword would be a dark red.

@Phi: Rabbit or Goat, I had you pegged for one of those two :p

Currently Awarded:
Shinsou Vaan Osiris - The Goat
Storm Veritas - The Rat

Philomel
01-28-17, 06:50 PM
I have now got the Rabbit Sword.

Hysteria
01-30-17, 06:38 AM
Nice work phi!

Philomel
01-30-17, 10:13 AM
I put mine down as described as ivory, with a copper hilt.
Is that alright or shall I change the description?

Hysteria
01-30-17, 03:11 PM
I haven't gotten around to making the colors for that one... can you do an ivory hilt and light green blade?

Josette
01-30-17, 04:01 PM
I am currently questing for the Horse blade.

Cards of Fate
01-31-17, 03:25 PM
Has anyone claimed the rooster or dog?

Mari
02-02-17, 10:20 AM
Obtained the Snake Sword

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?31815-Hunt-for-the-Crystal-Sword-Sneaky-Snakes&p=272432#post272432

edit;
Soo.....reading the first page, I can go for multiple swords it seems, right?
Cause A prompt in the first thread alludes to the fact that I can

If you have more than one sword, you can invite someone else.

But when I was looking at questing for a sword, I was only told one. Albeit its a selfish reason, but I was looking at maybe questing for another to give someone an entry into the boss battle, and just have Amari keep the sword after?

If not all good. :P

Edit 2 so I and others can keep track of things:

Dragon -Jake is questing for it
Rat - Storm Completed Thread
Goat - Shinsou Completed Thread
Monkey -Fenn
Ox - John
Snake - Amari - Completed Thread
Horse
Rooster
Dog
Pig
Tiger -Lucifer
Dog -
Rabbit - Philomel Completed Thread

FennWenn
02-02-17, 11:28 AM
Actually, Ox is Fenn. Monkey is John. <3

Lexxum_Vordic
02-02-17, 11:52 AM
Why the hell not. Put me as interested for the Pig Sword lol. I'll get that done.

Hysteria
02-02-17, 02:14 PM
But when I was looking at questing for a sword, I was only told one. Albeit its a selfish reason, but I was looking at maybe questing for another to give someone an entry into the boss battle, and just have Amari keep the sword after?

If not all good. :P

You'll only get one sword 'unlocked' with abilities and higher tier metal at the end of the boss battle. If you had two, one would stay as the equivalent of a steel sword.

Jake Narmolanya
02-11-17, 07:47 AM
Jake has claimed the Dragon Sword (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?31821-Hidden-Dragon-(Crystal-Sword-Hunt)&goto=newpost)

Hysteria
02-19-17, 12:03 AM
I'm just catching up on everything, let me know if I've missed any completions!

Dragon - Jake Narmolanya Completed Thread
Rat - Storm Completed Thread
Goat - Shinsou Completed Thread
Monkey - John
Ox - Fenn
Snake - Amari Completed Thread
Horse - Josette
Rooster
Dog
Pig
Tiger -Lucifer
Dog -
Rabbit - Philomel Completed Thread

Redford, Fenn, Josette, Lucifer how much longer do you need? I'd like to get everything kicking off for the main event.

redford
02-19-17, 04:58 AM
1 week?

Rayleigh
02-19-17, 06:07 AM
I could do it in a week (for Josette).

FennWenn
02-19-17, 09:35 AM
Week sounds good!

Philomel
02-19-17, 02:59 PM
If you want more combantants, Hys, I can write a quick thread with an alt.

Hysteria
02-26-17, 12:41 AM
Thanks Phi, we should be good. I'll post up the thread next weekend, open to the first five people that finished their threads. We'll use the back-up system for everyone that has finished a thread. If any threads take a few days after the battle threads starts, I'll add them to the waitlist.

I'm thinking a four day post cycle (ie, I post, then the other participants have three days, 72 hours, to post). Any disagreements?

Mari
02-26-17, 05:15 AM
3 days is good, especially with the AC running too.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
02-26-17, 05:36 AM
Being honest, I could do with a little more time. I have an important exam on March 10th so I can go balls to the wall with posting after that, but until then I am rationing my time.

I'll go with the majority decision, but I also want to be able to give everything to the battle. Let me know if this is a problem, Hyst.

Philomel
02-26-17, 05:59 AM
I am really looking forwards to this :)

Who finished their thread first? i.e. am I in it?

Mordelain
02-26-17, 06:52 AM
I can get a thread done so quick it hurts if anyone still wants in?

Rayleigh
02-26-17, 07:01 AM
I could do a three day rotation. I'm a bit bummed that I raced to finish my thread and I'm still on the backup list (if I am understanding correctly), but I guess I should just be thankful I can participate at all.

My thread will be finished today.

Mari
02-26-17, 07:13 AM
From what I can tell, and I am sure Hyst can confirm the order of completed threads are approximately as follows

Shin & Storm - Rat and Goat - they were tied for being the first to finish
Philomel - Rabbit -second
Amari - Snake third
Jake - Dragon forth

So the 5 competitors for the round are SHinsou, Storm, Philomel, Amari and Jake

Then there will be a backup/something else I think if other 5 finish or something similar or whatever Hyst has planned

Jake Narmolanya
02-26-17, 09:25 AM
I am ready to rock and roll.

Josette
03-03-17, 10:09 AM
Josette has acquired the Horse Blade. The thread can be found here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?31936-Small-Magic/).

Hysteria
03-04-17, 03:39 AM
I'm going to push the start back four days for two reasons, 1. Shin asked and 2. I have a horrible week with work and a few overnights that will stop me posting at the 3 day mark.

The current list is as Mari posted:

Shinsou
Storm
Philomel
Mari
Jake
Josette (1st Reserve)

@Ray: Don't be bummed! I've never run one of these where the reserves haven't been brought in :)

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-04-17, 03:52 AM
Thanks Hyst. That's a massive help!

Hysteria
03-11-17, 08:17 PM
Hi All, Thread is up here: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?31996-The-regrets-of-darkness-Crystal-Swords-Battle

Now, I'm horrible at trying to work out what date the posts are due with all the timezone changes, so add 72 hours from my post for your time zone to work out when you need to post. If everyone gets done quicker than 72 hours, I'll try and get a post in earlier as well. The swords have effectivly dragged people away from whatever they were doing and transported them to the cavern. Perhaps while they were asleep, or eating, etc. I'll start to add some obstacles in my next post.

Mari
03-11-17, 11:07 PM
Do we have a posting order

Hysteria
03-11-17, 11:20 PM
First come, first serve.

There is no need to keep to the established post order once we are underway either. Sometimes its good to switch up the posting as the thread goes on so people can work off each other. For example Mari going first to block an attack and save Storm even if the post order was set up with Storm going first.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-12-17, 09:05 AM
Time to kill.

Hysteria
03-16-17, 06:39 AM
I've posted. I haven't seen hide nor hair of Storm so I've sent him a message to see if he realises we've started. I'd rather get people posting rather than cut so quickly, Mari can you get a post up this round?

Storm Veritas
03-16-17, 06:41 AM
I will try to get a post up today. Between travel for work and fighting through a vicious snowstorm, things have been very crazy.

What did you try to reach me with? I don't have any new PM's from you.

Mari
03-16-17, 08:11 AM
Yeh I am working on my post right now; timezones and appointments and work and al that jazz

Edit:
Post done, shorter than I would have liked but wanted to get it done and out there.

Hysteria
03-16-17, 03:52 PM
I will try to get a post up today. Between travel for work and fighting through a vicious snowstorm, things have been very crazy.

What did you try to reach me with? I don't have any new PM's from you.

I sent you a message on Facebook. I'll wait for three days before I post again, so you've got some time to write up something. Let me know if you can't and perhaps we can hold off on you joining.

Thanks Mar! :)

Edit:
So there are two types of enemies. The first at the small tentacle creatures, the same ones that killed the unamed shopkeeper. Small, fast and will try and cut a hole in your chest and burrow in. The second are creatures that have done exactly that to some dwarves. They have been sitting underwater with the creatures growing bigger. They are slow, but very strong and damage resistant. If you cut them open you'll have a larger version of the small tentacle creatures.

Any questions let me know!

Rayleigh
03-16-17, 04:00 PM
Just for clarification - it is a 72 hour deadline for everyone to post? As in, 72 hours from your (Hyst's) post. Not 72 hours from the previous post.

Hysteria
03-16-17, 04:26 PM
That's correct. I'll post ever 72 (ish) hours.

Storm Veritas
03-16-17, 08:04 PM
I sent you a message on Facebook. I'll wait for three days before I post again, so you've got some time to write up something. Let me know if you can't and perhaps we can hold off on you joining.

Any questions let me know!

Lol, I don't think you know who I am on FB. Will try to write tonight.

Hysteria
03-16-17, 08:32 PM
Lol, I don't think you know who I am on FB. Will try to write tonight.

Well then... perhaps we'll get a random person suddenly posting in the thread XD

Mari
03-18-17, 09:58 AM
Do we have to wait for the next round to post again, or can we just continue posting?

Hysteria
03-20-17, 04:21 AM
Just one post per round. If there isn't much to add from my side I'll just do a one paragraph post to push everything along. Otherwise I'll do stuff like I did with the ice.

The swords are starting to waken! Many of you have already identified the animals of your blades, you can now know have your character realise their names. Now, the swords have two abilities and this will be awaking the first one:

Long, the Dragon - Wood
Breathe - The head of Long appears as a ghostly visage above the wielder. Long sprays the area in front of her with long, thin shards of wood capable of piercing flesh and leather. The damage done is fairly superficial but the damage is dealt in a wide cone with a range of five metres. (Three uses)

Shu, the Rat - Shallow Water
Infiltrate - Shu appears as up to four small rats composed of water for four posts. While his combat abilities in these forms are limited to a sharp bite, he is linked to the wielder, allowing him to pass on what he is seeing to the wielder of his sword. This allows Shu to infiltrate buildings or similar places, and potentially open doors/locks (if it is physically possible for a rat). In battles Shu offers several additional pairs of eyes. This form is immune to poison and can fit into extremely tight places. (One use)

Yang, the Goat - Fire
Ram - Creates five floating horned-goat heads the size of watermelons that float around the caster for three posts. Anyone (friend or foe) within a metre of one of the heads will trigger it and the head will lock onto them as a target (no longer floating around the wielder). For the remainder of the time the head has been summoned it will charge at the target, striking with the force of a warhammer and doing light burns. Once the head has struck, it will back up and attack again, possibly two attacks within a post. It is possible for one target to be targeted by multiple heads. The heads will not avoid the wielder and will strike him or her if he or she is in the way of their target. The heads can be individually unsummoned by the wielder. (One use)

She, the Snake - Fire
Venom - The sword drips with thick red liquid for four posts that burns through anything it touches. Able to burn through leather and flesh easily, it weakens steel and is able to burn through on two strikes. Because the sword drips acid it is possible to flick a few drops at a target for some painful superficial damage. (One use)

Mao, the Rabbit – Wood
Kick – Green energy wraps around the wielder’s legs to form two large rabbit feet. The compressed energy allows the user to kick with tremendous force or launch themselves through the air. A kick from these magical appendages can smash through steel and shatter bone with ease. The legs can only be summoned for a combined three posts.

Ma, the Horse - Fire
Gallop – The form of Ma is temporarily summoned and send galloping in a straight line for ten metres. Given her large body and speed, she can knock down or break through targets with huge force. Her fiery body will also burn on contact and leave a fiery blaze in her wake for two posts. (Three uses)

PS. I've included Josette's Horse blade because I'd like to jump in this round. That way I can throw even more horrible things at you.

PPS. I've change my avatar to get in the mood.

PPPS. If no one saves Sir Soliel he'll be squished in my next post.

Mari
03-20-17, 05:00 AM
See that just makes me want to watch him get squished!

But I kinda wanna see if anything happens if I save him..

hhh but watching him get squished....

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-20-17, 06:19 AM
I got me some Lost Souls from Doom.

Cool as shit.

Rayleigh
03-20-17, 06:41 AM
Cool, thanks!

Storm Veritas
03-20-17, 07:01 AM
I gave Soleil a bump, but only after shitting on him a little.

Mari
03-20-17, 07:15 AM
Woop, Acid poison. Right up Amari's ally

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-20-17, 08:35 AM
Love how Storm wants me to shout at the sword.

Storm Veritas
03-20-17, 08:41 AM
Love how Storm wants me to shout at the sword.

Like I'm going to think of anyone else when someone tries to use magic words to conjure weird shit. <3

Breaker
03-20-17, 08:52 AM
Is that big chunk of ice still hurtling towards them, or was it just going to hit Soleil?

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-20-17, 08:57 AM
Like I'm going to think of anyone else when someone tries to use magic words to conjure weird shit. <3

I do love a good incantation. <3

Mari
03-20-17, 09:01 AM
Storm, you posted before I could rip some pants off. Rood.

/skids across the icy floor with socks.

Storm Veritas
03-20-17, 09:05 AM
::shakes hips to ring dinner bell::

Mari
03-20-17, 09:06 AM
*Gets to writing*

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-20-17, 10:11 AM
The blades are of elven descent, yeah?

I'm thinking Jake should be the one to suss this out.

Also, not sure if the ice slab was aimed at us or Soliel?

Mari
03-20-17, 10:30 AM
I imagine its aimed at all the fighters.

Hysteria
03-20-17, 04:27 PM
The ice is big enough to strike most of you at once. Soleil just stood there because he thought he could use his fire magic to destroy it.

The blades are elven and dwarven in design. Someone could describe the magic as having elven 'flavor'.

Hysteria
03-20-17, 11:06 PM
Half dressed shananigans... The cystal swords picked their heros poorly.

Mari
03-20-17, 11:33 PM
In Amaris defence she was getting dressed when it pied her away, be thankful it didn't pull storm away mid-coitus

Storm Veritas
03-21-17, 07:35 AM
Heroes are no fun. Give me the clap-infested scumbag every day.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-22-17, 07:43 AM
A very rough post is up but it will need heavy edits - as soon as work is done, i'm on it.

Please no one post until then

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-22-17, 09:53 AM
Done. Go nuts.

Storm Veritas
03-22-17, 11:14 AM
Hyst, can I put in a "catch up" post since I whiffed on round 1?

Mari
03-22-17, 11:30 AM
Wriggle dose hips, shake that snake

Hysteria
03-22-17, 05:09 PM
Hyst, can I put in a "catch up" post since I whiffed on round 1?

To get your post count up? As I said to Mari, normally just one post, but you have a lot to respond to this time. If you can get one up in the next 10 or so hours (the time before I'll be done with work and ready to post) then sure.

Mari you're in the same boat. You can do the same (now or another round if that makes more sense).

Edit:
I nearly forgot. If anyone is still questing for crystal swords I'll have another battle thread so they can awaken them. So anyone that stalled their thread, or thought they missed the deadline, you can still get in on the next thread. I'll just have to come up with another challenge...

Storm Veritas
03-22-17, 08:10 PM
Thanks, that's reasonable. I will try to post tonight before bed; if I don't, que sera.

I'm more interested in helping roll my character into the narrative than getting post count up! ;)

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-23-17, 07:29 AM
Please let me post next. <3

Mari
03-23-17, 07:52 AM
Shin, dno't you want Amari's reaction to you ??? Y/N?

I was gonna type ap ost but if you want next post I will wait

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-23-17, 08:59 AM
You first then, no problem!

Mari
03-23-17, 09:02 AM
ok let me see if I can whip out a semi decent post before bed tonight

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-26-17, 01:04 PM
Hyst, what's the score with the deadline? Has it passed?

Hysteria
03-26-17, 04:10 PM
I had in my head there was one more day. I'm just omw to work, I won't be able to post for another 10 hours at least, so you have until then.

*pokes storm and ray*

Storm Veritas
03-26-17, 06:15 PM
Hey, I just posted!

Josette
03-26-17, 06:35 PM
I was thinking we had another day too. But I also just started Spring Break, which is toying with my schedule. I'll get a post up now.

Hysteria
03-27-17, 06:55 AM
I posted, if you have any questions please ask them here.

Shadow is moving towards Storm attacking everything in front of him. You may block or cut through his tentacles (but don't be ridiculous). Any attacks on his body let me respond (they may stop his movement... or more).

Dream is invisible thanks to the Rat blade and attacking from behind. She is targeting Philomel. She is invisible and nearly impossible to hear.

I'll reveal the next ability of the swords after this post. One of them heals >.>

Storm Veritas
03-28-17, 08:22 AM
My post is up; Storm is now concussed and perilously close to Shadow. Feel free to bunny him, so long as you don't get me kilt. :D

Rayleigh
03-28-17, 09:21 AM
Jo could probably try to get Storm out of the way. Might be a good way to get her in the mix, since it seems most everyone else already knows each other.

Mari
03-30-17, 05:27 AM
I can post maybe tonight or tomorrow after my 12 hour shift at work.
Please can you wait for me Hyst before posting again? <3 <3 I think I have time before the timeline but juust in case

Philomel
03-30-17, 05:32 AM
Hysteria, can you let me know if I need to edit my sword stuff at all? I wasn't sure what really to do, and so I wrote a giant bunny bursting from the end of it and doing a damage thing similar to what I have seen but I am happy to edit it to not using it or other

Hysteria
03-30-17, 08:29 AM
I was wondering about that. The first ability of the rabbit is the jump/kick one I posted in this thread (however I'd like to make some small artistic changes). I'll. Post the second ability the swords after my next post (tommrow night because I feel like crap and my post shall be such as well if I tried to write now).

So far Phi your sword can (with the slight artistic change):

Mao, the Rabbit – Wood
Kick – Green vines burst from the sword and wrap around the legs of the weilder. The vines are as strong as steel, and while they offer some protection, that is not their main function. Using the amazing tensile strength of the vines the user can kick and jump with tremendous force. A kick can smash steel.with ease, while a jump can send her or him flying through the air two dozen meters. The vines may be summoned for a combined three posts.

Each sword has a theme, be that high but random damage like the goat, infiltration of the rat, or manouverbility of the rabbit. While the rabbit lacks the ability to attack someone directly like some of the others, it can move you to where you need to be, for example launching you towards Dream.

Josette
03-30-17, 04:25 PM
I'm eager to see what the horse's theme is!

I've started my post, but I'm being dragged away from the computer. I'm still planning to drag Storm to safety in my post, which I'll finish in the next couple hours (whenever I'm able to get back).

Mari
03-30-17, 09:52 PM
I a. At work I finish in 8.5 hours I will have a podt up then PLS I am halfway done hahaha

Hysteria
04-01-17, 05:23 AM
I lol at the name swap in your post Mari. :p

Mari
04-01-17, 05:53 AM
WHAT AM I!?

/identity crisis

Josette
04-01-17, 08:30 AM
Post is edited. I'm sorry for the delay.

Hysteria
04-02-17, 03:04 AM
Sorry for the delay with the post. I feel like utter crap and it took me much longer to get a semi-decent post out than I had wanted.

Shin has been kicked for not posting. He'll be able to jump into the next one when that comes around.

I've added three new warriors to balance the battle. One of them (Seph) is my character, the other two are free to be RPed as you see fit.

Master Orshi - aged human, extremely skillful with his blade and very agile.
Red Fleetfoot - a wild bladesinger, he loves to fight and strike down his enemies. He is very quick and lethal. He doesn't like humans much. He'll ignore requests from anyone except for Phi and Jake (I assume that the others are all human?).

The water is rising in the cavern and becoming a whirlpool. Shadow will not be dragged into it as it is now, he is strong enough to hold himself where he is. Dream is encased in quite deadly shards and is going to wait for the water to do its work. You could move as a jog and get to the edge of the cavern to escape the water if you wished. Or you can try and take out one of the two horror siblings. The giant tentacles are just sitting in the middle of the lake. They'll just sit there until my next post. You can attack them I guess, but they are in quite deep water.

NOTE: Mari, your sword's fire acid should still be in effect... you know if you wanted to cut anything.

Here are the effects of your swords in full:

Long, the Dragon - Wood
Breath - The head of Long appears as a ghostly visage above the wielder. Long sprays the area in front of her with long, thin shards of wood capable of piercing flesh and leather. The damage done is fairly superficial, but the volume makes it potentially deadly. (Three uses)
Call - Long appears behind the wielder, her long green body floating effortlessly in the air for three posts. Anyone touching Long will heal minor wounds, such as cuts and bruises over a post. More more serious wounds will stabilise, but will need two full posts to heal. Fatal wounds will need three full posts to heal. On the second post Long can release her remaining energy and emits a healing aura. Any person or creature friendly to the wielder within twenty metres of Long will have minor wounds completely healed and more serious wounds stabilised. They will also recover some stamina. Long is not stationary, but she is slow. She can move at roughly the speed of a brisk walk. It is possible to ride Long. (Two uses)

Infiltrate - Shu appears as up to four small rats composed of water for four posts. While his combat abilities in these forms are limited to a sharp bite, he is linked to the wielder, allowing him to pass on what he is seeing to the wielder of his sword. This allows Shu to infiltrate buildings or similar places, and potentially open doors/locks (if it is physically possible for a rat). In battles Shu offers several additional pairs of eyes. This form is immune to poison and can fit into extremely tight places. (One use)
Hidden - Water from the blade bursts out as a mist and covers the user. For three posts the wielder is hidden from sight. Even the keenest of eyes fail to see through the blades magic. The water even softens the footfalls of the wielder. This can be uses for a combined three posts. Attacking does not cancel the effect of the blade.

She, the Snake - Fire
Venom - The sword drips with thick red liquid for four posts that burns through anything it touches. Able to burn through leather and flesh easily, it weakens steel and is able to burn through on two strikes. Because the sword drips acid it is possible to flick a few drops at a target for some painful superficial damage. (one use)
Bite - The blade of She turns into a snake, able to bend, twist, and most importantly strike. Any one bitten by She is injected with fire venom that burns below the skin and inflicts intense pain and eats away at the flesh for two inches around the strike. A bite to an arm can render it useless as the muscles are burnt away. A strike to the neck would be deadly. She can inflict two bites a day stay in the snake form for as long as she has a bite left. The downside is that she is nearly useless as a sword in this form and loses her sharp edge. If she is struck while in this form she will revert to her sword form and lose one of her bites.

Ma, the Horse - Fire
Gallop – The form of Ma is temporarily summoned and send galloping in a straight line for ten metres. Given her large body and speed, she can knock down or break through targets with huge force. Her fiery body will also burn on contact and leave a fiery blaze in her wake for two posts. (Three uses)
Ride - Ma is summoned from the blade in her full glory. She stands at 18 hands and in looks is very similar to a Clydesdale. The white on her legs have been replaced with rippling flames and her mane flowing fire. She can be ridden by her wielder and used both for her impressive speed but also brute force. She will last for four posts or until she takes moral damage. (one use)

Mao, the Rabbit - Wood
Kick – Green vines burst from the sword and wrap around the legs of the wielder. The vines are as strong as steel, and while they offer some protection, that is not their main function. Using the amazing tensile strength of the vines the user can kick and jump with tremendous force. A kick can smash steel with ease, while a jump can send her or him flying through the air two dozen meters. The vines may be summoned for a combined three posts.
Swarm - From the tip of the blade erupts a continuous swarm of rabbits made of moss. Once they have swarmed over everything for twenty metres in the direction they were cast they break apart and dozens of small vines burst from each one link them together. The resulting mass of plant matter is as strong as steel. Any unfortunate caught within will have a hard time escaping. (two uses)

In case you were wondering, the sword themes are:

Long, the Dragon – Wood – Support and healing
Shu, the Rat - Shallow Water - Stealth
She, the Snake – Fire – Pinpointed high damage
Ma, the Horse – Fire – Strength and speed
Mao, the Rabbit – Wood - Manoeuvrability

Any questions please ask them here!

Mari
04-02-17, 04:53 AM
Not that I mind I am enjoying the thread, but I am wondering; how long do byou think this will go for?

I'll hopefully have a post up tonight :D

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-02-17, 05:25 AM
Sorry guys. Obviously with all the shit fliying round last couple of days I wasn't able to get back on, but i'll be ready if anyone else drops.

Mari
04-02-17, 07:57 AM
are you stil in this Shin? BEcause I have a plan? Which I guess doesn't involve HELPING Shin, but would require his help.

But if you aren't in the Crystal Sword thread, because fo Knockout? or life getting in the way I'll scrap it.

Edit:

Re Read the post and got confirmation he has literally poofed from the battle, my bad! I'll be posting shortly-ish...ahahahaha

Storm Veritas
04-03-17, 08:17 AM
Got a post in before Hyst could figure out how to just kill me off, too. ;)

Hysteria
04-04-17, 07:49 AM
Unless my date and time is stuffed up, isn't there another day?

Mari
04-04-17, 07:54 AM
I believe there is

Philomel
04-04-17, 04:28 PM
We should all try to gather soon in a close area.

Hysteria
04-05-17, 09:35 AM
I didn't have time to proof read, so mistakes be dammed!

Quick Synopsis:

Mari was knocked through the portal to Jake, scrapped but unharmed. Long is healing (I assume?) both Jake and Mari.

The ring-in fighter Red is dead, as is Shadow. Both have been swallowed by the mysterious mouth in the lake (cue music).

The rat blade was dropped last post when Dream's shoulder was ripped off. It is somewhere near Storm and Josette. Storm struck Dream with lightning.

Seph is holding Viridian and healing him. If he hadn't the fox would have been caught in the rising water and dragged into the giant mouth.

Phi is in the water being dragged towards the giant mouth. She will need to get out somehow or risk going the same way as the others.

Well done dealing with the horror twins!

Hysteria
04-07-17, 12:14 AM
How is everyone tracking? I reckon there will be two more rounds before we finish up. Is there anything anyone needs or wants me to add in?

Philomel
04-07-17, 06:10 AM
What would be the other ability for the rabbit sword?

Storm Veritas
04-07-17, 07:40 AM
Am I correct in presuming the fight is over and we are in "escape" mode? Want to make sure I'm reading this correctly.

Mari
04-07-17, 07:45 AM
I'm with Storm, waiting to see what we are meant to be doing at this point?

-The water levels are rising, and both Shadow and his sister are defeafed
-The Nightmares are defeated
-there is a final 'nightmare' which is the thing in the centre of the whirlpool which I assume if it can be kiled would need an AOE or something that can attack from afar

Hysteria
04-07-17, 08:36 AM
@Mari & Storm:
This is a bit of a breather because I've been throwing something at you every round. You need to back away from the rising water, but in essence this should give you a chance to heal up, get your swords back, grieve for Shin, etc.

The last horror is indeed in the middle of the lake and it's jaw swallowed Shadow whole. It'll come out in the next post. You won't need an AOE to kill it, you should be able to do as you did the others and concentrate your attacks. Of course, if you have an ability to strike it while it's in the water you can. (or any other shenanigans you can think of.)

@Phi:
I posted the abilities of the swords in the previous page of this thread. The rabbit's are:

Mao, the Rabbit - Wood
Kick – Green vines burst from the sword and wrap around the legs of the wielder. The vines are as strong as steel, and while they offer some protection, that is not their main function. Using the amazing tensile strength of the vines the user can kick and jump with tremendous force. A kick can smash steel with ease, while a jump can send her or him flying through the air two dozen meters. The vines may be summoned for a combined three posts.
Swarm - From the tip of the blade erupts a continuous swarm of rabbits made of moss. Once they have swarmed over everything for twenty metres in the direction they were cast they break apart and dozens of small vines burst from each one link them together. The resulting mass of plant matter is as strong as steel. Any unfortunate caught within will have a hard time escaping. (two uses)

The swarm ability would allow you to create something to pull yourself out of the lake if you wanted to use it that way.

Rayleigh
04-07-17, 09:58 AM
Hyst, how effective will Ma be against the water being splashed around? If I wanted to ride her through, say, knee deep water, would she survive (so long as she isn't hit, and doesn't use up her distance limit)?

Philomel
04-07-17, 11:10 AM
Thank you Hysteria!

Storm Veritas
04-07-17, 11:29 AM
Talking to Phi like:

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l597/jedibearvt/YODA-MACE-002_zpsbe4bafaf.gif

Jake Narmolanya
04-07-17, 11:45 AM
Woops, I got post-ninja'd by Storm. I think it all works together though.

I sort of bunnied Josette (and possibly Amari?) Ray and Mari let me know if you want anything changed.

Breaker
04-07-17, 07:18 PM
Edited my post a bit to reflect Amari's character.

Josette
04-07-17, 11:32 PM
Everything looks fine, Breaker. No complaints here. It was a good post.

Philomel
04-08-17, 02:23 AM
Some part of Phi will be listening to you, Storm. The other part is very much just wanting to stab.

If someone could rescue Phi's swords etc that would be awesome. Thanks to Storm for picking up her drakescale armour - yes you can use it for the while.

Phi's skin is currently as hard as damascus for anyone wanting information, her speed and strength are 5x that of an average human (so, fast), and she weighs half a ton.

Hysteria, I have more or less said that the sword is still in her ... somewhere. Whether its magic morphed into her body or it is literally still strapped against her leg is up to you. She took it from a Rabbit who had had it absorbed into his body. So she is still magical. YEY. (She still has her own natural magics anyway).

Storm Veritas
04-08-17, 06:20 AM
I tried to imply that he pulled up ALL her metal gear; he was trying to lift her but she kept discarding metal, sending it up to him like loose teeth out of an eight-year old head.

Philomel
04-08-17, 07:46 AM
Oh cool :D thank you. As long as I get them back you can use what you like.

There is:
A mythril sword,
A dagger made of plynt that has a mechanism in the hilt to allow it to spark into flame,
A riding crop with glass sharps in it,
Various iron and steel knives,
A crossbow with 10 iron bolts.

Hysteria
04-08-17, 08:43 AM
@Ray: the water will recede a bit next post. It should be okay for Ma. The other one was destroyed because of a wave of water.

Mari
04-08-17, 09:32 AM
Hyst I will have a post up by tomorrow night our time (Yay Aussies)

Hysteria
04-09-17, 07:55 AM
*Cracks whip*

Mari get posting!

Mari
04-09-17, 12:19 PM
Sorry I been down with a migraine I will post tomorrow! Unless you need to move it along. I is sorryyyyy

Hysteria
04-10-17, 08:16 AM
I'm sorry all, it will be another day before I get a post up due to work. I had originally planned to post on the weekend *glares at Mari... then breaks into a laugh*

I don't want to short change you on my post. So I'll postpone for a day so I have time to get something proper up.

Rayleigh
04-10-17, 08:36 AM
And it's still fair game to sneak another post in before yours? :)

Mari
04-10-17, 08:42 AM
luff you <3

And I imagine not; its one post per round usually.

Rayleigh
04-10-17, 09:29 AM
And I imagine not; its one post per round usually.

Hyst allowed Storm another post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?31551-Boss-Battle-Prelude-Crystal-Swords&p=274004&viewfull=1#post274004), as Storm had fewer posts than everyone else. As I came in late, I was hoping for the same. It isn't the end of the world if the answer is no, but I'd like to do more to get Josette into the story. Most everyone already knows everyone, and Jo missed any introduction attempts from the start of the thread. That's why I figured I'd ask him.

Hysteria
04-11-17, 07:51 AM
You could have, however I posted again! I'm away this weekend, so I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to post right on the 3 day deadline *gasp* You can do a double post then if you need :D

Breaker
04-11-17, 09:58 AM
I'll let Ray and whoever else wants to post before Jake portals in the magma. Y'know, if that works.

Mari
04-11-17, 10:04 AM
I will post after Jake

Storm Veritas
04-11-17, 11:57 AM
I'll give this one a day or so; Storm is in a fairly safe spot floating about and isn't in urgent need.

Philomel
04-11-17, 03:05 PM
Oh I will post to get away from the Magma

Hysteria
04-14-17, 05:43 AM
Hey phi, I'm a bit unsure what you've done in your post. Where is she?

Philomel
04-14-17, 06:00 AM
Put in another sentence for you: "She appeared once more, running at the far end of the cavern, far away from Veridian, stomping and taking out three of the goop-horrors."

I was leaving it up to you to let you say where she had reappeared from this portal jump, hence leaving it vague, but that should help.

So the far end of the cavern, the opposite side from where she began. Further away from the tentacle head.

Mari
04-14-17, 06:49 AM
Since Josette sorta jumped into where I was meant to post can I at some point throw In another one if she posts again so I can do something relevant or should I just wait to out?

Rayleigh
04-14-17, 07:28 AM
I'll be posting my "get out of the way" post in an hour if you want to reply after that.

Mari
04-14-17, 07:45 AM
Yeh I'll work something in like that for sure, I thought you were gonna edit your post, but didn't end up happening so I posted, then storm posted then errybody posts.

It's like Oprah is giving out posts!

:D

Sounds good, then I'll be done done for the round, and have used up my free post Hyst gave me. aha...

Rayleigh
04-14-17, 07:46 AM
I didn't get out of work until after you had already posted. Your post was really good, so I figured I'd just post again rather than make you change it.

Mari
04-14-17, 07:52 AM
I assuemd it was ause Storm posted after us, which makes sense.
Either way, I'll be up for a while so can do that.

Everything worked out in the end~

Philomel
04-14-17, 02:55 PM
SO are we all posting twice now or... I am confused...

Philomel
04-14-17, 02:58 PM
Mostly as I posted first, so I think Phi has become confused and lost in all of this.

Also - Mari, in your second post you go into the kraken's mouth... I thought Jake was pouring magma on top of it? Or have I got that wrong?

Just that two of you posted within quick succession of your last post, and moved the action on when I posted hells before it seems, so I am really lost and confused as to the plan (which I thought was the magma thing).

Rayleigh
04-14-17, 03:22 PM
I did because Josette came late to the battle, and I wanted to do more. Mari did to wrap up an action that my post had interrupted. You're welcome to post again, I imagine, but it isn't a rule that you must. Your post already had a lot going on.

If you take a read over Jake's post, you'll see he did not have the strength for the volcano plan. The last few posts since then have been improvising. Creating a new plan.

Philomel
04-14-17, 04:08 PM
I did take a read over it and he said "there" at the end, so thought things were all good. I have been reading all the posts. I must have got confused obviously.

What is the new plan then?

(( I thought also that we only had one post each, and Hysteria needed to give permission, but I may be wrong ))

Rayleigh
04-14-17, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure we have a plan OOC. Personally, I think it's a bit of fun letting our characters piece it together.

Philomel
04-14-17, 04:33 PM
I was mainly concerned as I was sure it was a one post per round rule, and we need to make sure no one gets left behind.

Rayleigh
04-14-17, 04:49 PM
Hyst did say it was alright, but since I don't suspect Mari or I will post again this round, it probably isn't an issue.

Mari
04-14-17, 08:55 PM
Yeh I had organised to post after Jake and ray accidentally jumped in, I thought it was one post per round and had planned to do so but things got muddled up with the post so had to fix it. Hyst gave me the option to do one extra post and I took it then. If it's a big issue I can delete it but I was just fixing the whole issue of things being posted outta order.

I think everything is all good now though

Hysteria
04-15-17, 02:32 AM
Mari and Storm came in late due to confusion about the posting time, so I said they could have another post to catch up. Ray was also in late, so I let them. I'm about to write another post now (we have the internet on for a while, so I'll take my change when I can).

Phi, You can come at the Kracken from behind. You won't be left out!

Mari
04-15-17, 02:48 AM
I won't be posting twice per round any more,

I mean I HOPE I am still in the next round but Amari DID sorta just...into its mouth....sooooo.....yeh.
:P

Hysteria
04-15-17, 03:13 AM
Ok, a summary:

Amari is at risk of being squished by the creature's mouth. Beneath the mouth are dozens, and dozens of tentacle monsters.

Seph is stuck on the side of the beast near it's eyes.

Josstte is riding down one of the creature's tentacles.

Phi is behind the monster.

Three eyes has been destroyed, creating a late hole which an attack could be launched at. You could also attack under the creature's mouth if you can get through the streams of little horrors.

There are many horrors heading towards the Monk, Storm and Jake. I suggest getting the f*ck out of dodge. Long can be ridden, although slowly, if that helps.

Phi, you could quick-hoof it to the monster, or earth jump somewhere?

Like Storm's idea, if someone can make the crystals falls that could work.

Mari
04-15-17, 03:16 AM
So, I won't be posting straight away, but in my post I can GTFO the tail and use the last snake bite to do heavy damage to the creature now that more of its flesh is exposed since the venom is meant to be able to essentially rot off limbs and deal fatal blows if close to the head/neck (not htat it'd be too fatal with this creature haha)

Maybe some of us should coordinate?

Hysteria
04-15-17, 03:27 AM
I'd suggest coordinating!

Mari
04-15-17, 03:45 AM
so essentially everyone charge for a final big ass attack on the beast? :P

Let's see just from sword abilities and others, I've included a basic idea below.

Amari is currently in the beasts maw, she can swing herself out easily enough, and attack the flesh beneath the eyes, near its brain/head. Amari can deal heavy damage, both with her swords abilities and her tentacles (Although all but one strike with them has been exhausted)

Jake: Long the dragon can heal, if people congregate, maybe use his portal to get closer to the beast he can use the ability where long unleashes a burst of energy, essentially reinvigorating everyone in the area and healing any minor wounds they have. So Jake could possibly jump through the portal last, heal people, revive a bit of his stamina and work on the tentacle beasts below?

Storm: THe four rats can bite, so can probably latch onto the smaller eyes, but they're more for infiltration it seems. If Storm has any lightening energy left he could also take out a few of the beasties?? He can also shroud the batttlefield in a mist, which would shroud him, and the other fighters, but it may negatively affect the others if they don't know whats going on.

Josette: She's currently using the riding form of the Crystal sword, that could be used to knock the beast over, crush things, or if she gets off it, it could do its other form which would leave a burning trail of burny death in its wake.

Philomel: I think Storm has her blade?? She could use the mass of writhing rabbit vine things to stop the monster from moving, making it easier for others to attack.

Sooo....

A vague plan would be:

Philomel gets Storm to chuck her the sword, she encases the monster in vines so it can't move or easily sprout more monster things. Meanwhile Jake and the others with him hop on through the portal, and Jake unleashes the healing thing, invigorating and healing the fighters.

Storm using his lightning can tke care of any remaining hoarde beasts
Amari can stab the big beast with her sword (and poison/rot it, along with whoever else is free to do so.

it'd nearly be dead, immobolized, and its hoarde destroyed then???

----Sword abilities again

Here are the effects of your swords in full:

Long, the Dragon - Wood
Breath - The head of Long appears as a ghostly visage above the wielder. Long sprays the area in front of her with long, thin shards of wood capable of piercing flesh and leather. The damage done is fairly superficial, but the volume makes it potentially deadly. (Three uses)
Call - Long appears behind the wielder, her long green body floating effortlessly in the air for three posts. Anyone touching Long will heal minor wounds, such as cuts and bruises over a post. More more serious wounds will stabilise, but will need two full posts to heal. Fatal wounds will need three full posts to heal. On the second post Long can release her remaining energy and emits a healing aura. Any person or creature friendly to the wielder within twenty metres of Long will have minor wounds completely healed and more serious wounds stabilised. They will also recover some stamina. Long is not stationary, but she is slow. She can move at roughly the speed of a brisk walk. It is possible to ride Long. (Two uses)

Hidden - Water from the blade bursts out as a mist and covers the user. For three posts the wielder is hidden from sight. Even the keenest of eyes fail to see through the blades magic. The water even softens the footfalls of the wielder. This can be uses for a combined three posts. Attacking does not cancel the effect of the blade.

She, the Snake - Fire
Venom - The sword drips with thick red liquid for four posts that burns through anything it touches. Able to burn through leather and flesh easily, it weakens steel and is able to burn through on two strikes. Because the sword drips acid it is possible to flick a few drops at a target for some painful superficial damage. (one use)
Bite - The blade of She turns into a snake, able to bend, twist, and most importantly strike. Any one bitten by She is injected with fire venom that burns below the skin and inflicts intense pain and eats away at the flesh for two inches around the strike. A bite to an arm can render it useless as the muscles are burnt away. A strike to the neck would be deadly. She can inflict two bites a day stay in the snake form for as long as she has a bite left. The downside is that she is nearly useless as a sword in this form and loses her sharp edge. If she is struck while in this form she will revert to her sword form and lose one of her bites.

Ma, the Horse - Fire
Ride - Ma is summoned from the blade in her full glory. She stands at 18 hands and in looks is very similar to a Clydesdale. The white on her legs have been replaced with rippling flames and her mane flowing fire. She can be ridden by her wielder and used both for her impressive speed but also brute force. She will last for four posts or until she takes moral damage. (one use)

Mao, the Rabbit - Wood

In case you were wondering, the sword themes are:

Long, the Dragon – Wood – Support and healing
Shu, the Rat - Shallow Water - Stealth
She, the Snake – Fire – Pinpointed high damage
Ma, the Horse – Fire – Strength and speed
Mao, the Rabbit – Wood - Manoeuvrability

Philomel
04-15-17, 03:47 AM
I thought you were in the mouth, not on the tail, Mari?

So Hysteria, can you possibly give us a picture of what the thing looks overall? Is it a giant squid/octopus, with a big body behind? Or is it more sea-serpenty (i.e. long body)

Mari
04-15-17, 03:49 AM
she is in the mouth, I don't think I mentioned anything about being on the tail. I didn't think it even had a tail

Rayleigh
04-15-17, 06:36 AM
So, I won't be posting straight away, but in my post I can GTFO the tail

Maybe a typo?

I've got one more use for Gallop, and I'd be up for using it against the main beast. But she could also be used to take out horrors, and leave a sort of wall of fire as a protection for a few posts.

Mari
04-15-17, 06:42 AM
oops yeah would have meant outta there phone would have autocorrected it. Dangit. My bad.

what I wrote was just a loose suggestion, I'd imagine we are in the final stretch. Wall of fierey protection could work well, if used with Philomels viney thing too?

Hysteria
04-15-17, 07:18 AM
It is basically a large head with dozens of tentacles underneath it, ranging from small ones to ones several times the thickness of a person. Underneath the mouth is where the smaller horrors are coming from. It has six eyes, two groups of three. One of said groups has been destroyed.

The mouth looks like this (http://thewatchface.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/kraken_mouth.png).

It is somewhat like a normal octopus but with the mouth at the front.

Breaker
04-15-17, 07:30 AM
Long's circle of healing thing takes two posts to happen, so I could have Jake ride the dragon close to the biggest group of people, and then either someone could bunny the aura happening, or I could squeeze in an extra post this round. Or it could just take till next round. Jake is probably too tired to do much else.

Mari
04-15-17, 08:48 AM
at least after the flash/healing thing Jake won't be AS tired anymore!

Mari
04-18-17, 11:14 AM
I'll be posting in this tomorrow <3

Hysteria
04-19-17, 04:22 AM
We can't continue without our favorite psychopath :D

http://pa1.narvii.com/6127/9952532da299a20af15144b193e9334486ff402c_hq.gif

Mari
04-19-17, 07:29 AM
Ehehh I am about to write up a post now, had a busy busy day! last minute call into work and all that jazzy jazz.

Hysteria
04-22-17, 07:19 AM
Apologies for the slow reply. I've been banged up in bed for a few days with a nasty stomach bug.

I've done a small post, from what I understand there were only the attacks from Amari and the earthquake from Phi against the creature. I haven't RPed as Seph, I think I'll save that for later. As it is now, both Amari and Seph are trapped in mucus being dragged down into waiting horrors. Do you all have a plan on how to defeat the creature?

EDIT:
Let me know if you need some inspiration >.>

Storm Veritas
04-24-17, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure if my character needs a post this round. Are you looking for something specific from me? There are a few characters in danger, but Storm is already helping the monk fella get back.

Hysteria
04-25-17, 01:03 AM
I've posted again. This will be your last post, you'll all need to escape the death throws of the creature (including crystals). A the end of your post the crystal will teleport you away from the battle. If you want an addition post to round out your story you can.

If you feel your weapon doesn't suit you, you may trade your swords or there are the dark crystal dagger and sword used by the siblings. You can however only have one weapon. If you're interested I'll post their magic.

Any questions let me know! Thanks for the long haul :D

Jake Narmolanya
04-25-17, 10:49 AM
Sorry for the short post, I couldn't think of much for Jake to do. I left his location fairly arbitrary, so anyone who needs the healing boost could potentially be within the radius. Hopefully my exit was okay.

Storm Veritas
04-25-17, 07:24 PM
I will post something tomorrow. Any problems with a portal just coming out of freaking nowhere?

Hysteria
04-25-17, 11:01 PM
I trust your judgment on portal related matters.

Philomel
04-26-17, 10:02 AM
I have done a post, but mind if I do another in a bit to have Philomel go back to where she started?

Storm Veritas
04-26-17, 03:30 PM
Did some serious freelancing in the last post; let me know if you want me to modify things since I absconded with one of your NPC's. :)

Hysteria
04-27-17, 09:11 AM
Son of a Storm... nar it's fine. Be free little Monk. Learn of the ways of the flesh.

Philomel
04-27-17, 09:41 AM
Storm, could you do a minor edit and either put in that Storm dropped Phi's weaponry or bunny me (with permission) and have Phi demand that she gets them back.

Hysteria
04-27-17, 09:52 AM
Ray and Mari, you both still alive?

Rayleigh
04-27-17, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I'm here. Just a little swamped. I'll get you a post either tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how this afternoon goes.

Does anyone need a ride out? I still have Ma for another post, and I was planning on escaping on her.

Storm Veritas
04-27-17, 10:04 AM
Phi, the only thing of yours Storm was holding was the breastplate (his hoverboard), which the monster ripped away from him.

Philomel
04-27-17, 11:52 AM
What about the weapons? I thought you said before that Storm had picked them up?

When I asked earlier if someone could pick them up I thought you said that he had them. I would really like the stuff back.

Storm Veritas
04-27-17, 11:57 AM
He picked them up and laid them near her in a little pile. After that he sort of disregarded them, because he had a sword and other monsters to deal with.

Mari
04-27-17, 07:05 PM
I am I have been swamped with work I will post tonight I saw that propel were just posting exit posts now

Philomel
04-28-17, 09:39 AM
Ah I must have missed that. I was reading stuff but must have got overread somewhow.

How many posts back was that? I will try to edit it all in.

Rayleigh
04-28-17, 09:49 AM
Thanks so much for the fun ride, Hyst. You did a great job. Very creative, and very well run. :)

Storm Veritas
04-28-17, 02:59 PM
It was a while back, at least 3 or 4 posts. I wouldn't be too concerned. Phi's not a big conversationalist, so she could have just planned to pick them up later.

Great job running this Hyst, thank you for a great time in the whole Crystal Sword saga!

Hysteria
04-28-17, 06:33 PM
Thanks all! It's a hella long thread we made!

Soon I'll be submitting the thread for judgement and I'll make note of your relevant spoils :)

Philomel
04-30-17, 04:58 AM
Hysteria, can you wait for me to put in a final post? WOn't be too long.

Philomel
04-30-17, 05:37 AM
Done my final post :D

Mari
04-30-17, 07:34 AM
my final post will be tomorrow, if you can't wait thats alright, its been very hectic for me suddenly

Hysteria
04-30-17, 10:02 PM
No problem, it's been hectic for me too!

Zelrius
06-02-17, 02:34 PM
Will take up the search for Rooster, if it is unspoken for.

Eteri
06-03-17, 07:29 AM
Zelrius, the crystal sword saga finished :P

Hysteria
06-03-17, 06:57 PM
Actually, there are a few swords still missing and Shin needs to complete a thread to unlock his sword. So, if people can find the remaining swords we can get another thread going :)

Josette
06-03-17, 07:47 PM
I'll be escorting Zel on his quest! Don't know on which character. Won't be looking for another sword though. Just helping.