PDA

View Full Version : Bar Brutes

Mari
12-12-16, 07:05 PM
Closed to Leoric
-------------------

It was late evening and Amari had settled herself down for the night. Even for someone such as her, the streets weren't safe at night. She couldn't risk being injured and having to go through the long process of being revived. Time was a commodity that was not to be wasted.

She sat nestled in a large bar/inn within a town outside of the borders of Knifes Edge. Tomorrow, she'd venture into the hell-hole of a city, but for now. She would remain here. Amari was dressed in her usual attire. Modelled after Lichensith Ulroke. She wore thick black leather boots lined with fur. Black leather gloves, and a black leather coat. The coat opened up slightly to show near bare skin. A milky colour adorned with small hairline cracks. Her hair nestled down past her shoulders in scarlet cascades. Her eyes watched the patrons of the bar. Loud, rowdy and drunk. She was nestled in her own corner, away from the crowds. She sipped a glass of tea. It was weak and tasted like ass. Still, it was better than the swill the bar was serving.

Amari was left well enough alone. One patron had attempted to aggressively bed her; she quickly took him down. With a bare hand to his face, she left an angry second degree burn upon his skin. He now sat at the bar, lamenting his pain and warding others away from 'that crazy red headed bitch'

Amari's lips twisted into a smirk as she heard him start up his rambles again. "I -hic- kid yer not. She farhkin took of her glovesh nd wham. She farhkin burns mah faesh off."

Amari absently stirred her tea with a spoon, talking to herself. "Ah, but to force yourself upon another, lucky I didn't rot your dick off."

Leoric
12-12-16, 08:11 PM
It had been a long while since Leoric dared to venture towards civilization. He had spent the last year in isolation. He felt he was too weak to dare go on any missions or adventures that he always seemed to be offered in taverns. So he sent himself as far away as he could find… Salvar… the Frozen north. In his travels he had found a cave, and within this cave was a naturally occurring Hot spring that seemed to help expedite healing and recovery of exhausted muscles.

One whole year of hair growth and not even once had he shaved or cut his hair. Truth be told he didn’t know how, he normally paid someone to do it. He grabbed his long silky hair and quickly tied it up in a ponytail and then wrapped it around itself to stop it from going everywhere. It kind of looked like a bun, just made of hair. And he left his beard dangling as it was, even though he could of braided it a little he rather liked the look how it was. He was finally going to head home to Corone. It had been quite awhile but he felt his training was complete.

Leoric had spent about an hour trudging through the snow in nothing but his cotton pants and a leather vest. He had spent quite a while out here training his body to handle the cold weather, and today it seemed a little colder than usual. He saw the fires light up in town as it began to get dark out and he couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief, finally some real warmth.

He had gotten to the Tavern and shook off the snow from his shoulders and the top of his head. Before sitting down at the bar and ordered something hot to drink. While waiting for his drink he couldn't help but take in the tavern. It was a little rowdy, but anything to him would seem rowdy after a year in isolation. There was one individual that really stick out from the crowd. She had beautiful Crimson red locks of hair and seemed to really enjoy stirring her cup of whatever it was. As a rather unpleasant man approached her in a drunken stupor Leoric turned back around to focus on his drink. He remembered what men were like in these places and even though he loved a little fight. He wanted to enjoy his cup of tea first.

It wasn’t long before the drunken mess sat next to Leoric, wreaking of booze and slurring his words. He mumbled something about something being burned off and all Leoric could do was scoff in his tea. The mess clearly deserved whatever it was but then when a man on the other side of him asked who it was cause the young miss needed to be taught some manners Leoric couldnt just sit idly by.

“You know, maybe you lot are the ones who need to be taught some manners” He said as he took another swig of his tea and swallowed looking at the fella to his left.

“What are… you want to start something pal?” the man asked as he gritted his teeth

“Maybe i do, What’s it to you? Leoric said as he took another sip of his tea.

The man snarled and went to send Leoric a sucker punch, but he made one mistake. He punched Leoric’s vest that was covering his abs, his Leather vest enchanted to be as strong as Damascus. The main recoiled in pain as leoric took another sip of his tea and then placed the mug calmly down on the bar.

A few other gentlemen were now jumping in the action, Leoric smirked as it had been awhile since he was able to use his Quaking strike ability on a living target. As the first man charged him he quickly striked out as fast as he could allowing his quaking strike ability to reach out and impact the man's face. Making him feel the impact of the punch a good two feet before he even reached Leoric’s fist. He hit the ground and leoric leapt over the man and sent a right hook towards the next gentlemen, the man leaned back to try and avoid it and smirked as leoric's punch narrowly missed his jaw. The smirk was gone when the impact still collided with his face sending him sprawling back. Leoric stood upright and flexed his fist before going in and fighting a few other folks. He did each and every one of them in the same way as the second fella. He did either a right or left hook and narrowly missed each time only for the impact to be imparted a mere second later.

When Leoric was sufficiently bored of fighting he punched the last man charging at him with a straight punch. Sending him falling to the floor, hard, two feet before the punch would of normally connected. Not only was Leoric much stronger than the average man but he also had his quaking strike ability that let him increase his punches range by half of what it is normally. The average Joe really had no idea what was going on when they fought Leoric.

The Brawler sighed as he stepped over the corpses and grabbed his tea from the bar top and took another sip.

Mari
12-12-16, 08:34 PM
Amari caught wind of another man suggesting they 'show her a lesson' she rolled her eyes. They couldn't be serious. Even after she demonstrated one of her abilities they were still willing to 'rough her up' granted. If they ganged up on her, they'd easily overpower her but Amari wouldn't let it get to that stage. Burns weren't all she were capable of, she could rot their flesh, snap their bones, even make their own blood toxic - all with a mere touch. If they wanted her, they could damn well try. Her eyes flashed dangerously, a low red glow bursting forth from her irises. They can damn well try She thought. Recalling the time she had been bound and chained. Those men were now long since dead, and be damned if she were going to let anything like that happen ever again.

Amari slipped off her gloves and placed them neatly to her side. Just as she was about to get out of her chair and take matters into her own hands...literally...but before she could do anything a fight broke out. Over what, she wasn't quite sure. The sudden brawl caused her to halt in her tracks.

"What the..." She said in mild surprise. The atmosphere didn't call for a fight. A man just waltzed right on in, shoved himself between two of the patrons then started throwing his fists around. I suppose I needn't do anything then she mused to herself as she made herself comfortable.

Her eyes narrowed as she watched the fight progress. This man, was he missing on purpose? It was difficult to tell. Amari wasn't a fighter and had no close on fighting stances. Still, it appeared as though he wasn't hitting the other patrons. Amari pushed the half cup of tea to the side and shoved her elbows onto the table so she could plant her chin firmly in the palm of her hand. Just as quickly as the fight started, it ended.

Her hunch was right.

With one final straight punch, the bearded man had missed, by a good few inches. Despite that, he sent the man sprawling onto the floor. Amari's curiosity got the better of her. She pushed herself up and out of her seat and without a thought to her own safety she gripped his wrist.

"The hell. How did you do that?" She asked.

Leoric
12-12-16, 09:50 PM
As soon as Leoric had finished his cup of tea there was that rather beautiful woman grabbing his wrist. He wasn’t quite sure what she meant by ‘that’ as it was rather vague.

“Ummm. I punched them? Or well close enough to it” He awkwardly giggled. He placed down his cup and turned to look at her straight on. She seemed a little thin especially with someone as curvaceous as she was. She was very Chesty and had very full hips, but she seemed like she hadn't eaten properly in quite some time. “Oh… that, Well, How about we get something hot to drink and go sit down? We can talk about it there?”

Leoric turned around and ordered a tea for himself extra strong and then went to go sit down after saying he will pay for her drink as well. Afterall, she was rather attractive and getting to spend more time with her would be a very nice treat for his eyes after all. Once the drinks were brought over Leoric smirked and leaned in close.

“What do you know of Nature energy and the way that it flows around every living creature?”

Mari
12-13-16, 12:25 AM
All bunnying from hereon approved
-----------------------------------------

“Ummm. I punched them? Or well close enough to it”

Amari grimaced at his answer. She wrenched his hand away in an irritated huff. "That's not what I mean-" She paused as he chuckled. "And I damn well think you know that's not what I mean."

The man offered to buy her a hot drink, and a seat to further discuss things. Amari was amicable if not welcoming to the idea of not only a free beverage, but free information. "Right. First, your name."

The man grinned, sticking out a calloused had in greeting. "Leoric, and you, sweetheart?" He gave Amari a lopsided, friendly grin. Clearly meaning no harm. Amari reached out and shook his hand. Giving him a name in turn. "Red." She said simply. It was obviously not a real name, but she had long since abandoned the name Amari. "I'll be over there." She pointed toward the corner she had been sitting in moments before. Leoric gave a small nod of acknowledgement then turned to order their drinks.

Amari sat down at the booth in the corner. Shifting till she was comfortable. Not long after, Leoric joined her. Now that things had quietened down she was able to get a better look at him. The man looked as though he hadn't bothered to take care of himself for a long time. Messy unkept hair. Untrimmed facial hair. Eyes tired from many nights, no doubt out in the wild. "Hmm..." Amari pondered out loud. How was it that such a man was able to use an ability like that?

“What do you know of Nature energy and the way that it flows around every living creature?”

Amari blinked, taken aback by his question. "Eh? What do I know about the- what now?" She asked. Clearly confused. "You mean like...mana? Energy?" She pursed her lips, "Like the thrum of trees and such?" Curiosity had gotten the better of her. She didn't know what he meant. But she had felt it. The thrum of the trees. The whispers of the winds.

Hell, as an Ar'Tuel she was practically the living embodiment of the energy Leoric spoke of, but she didn't know that. Frankly, Amari knew squat.

"I can show you." Leoric said, clearly amused at her confusion. He poured her a glass of hot, black tea then himself. Without waiting for it to cool he drank heavy from the cup. Setting it down with a satisfied sigh. He laughed at the look Amari gave him. "Good for the soul, Red."

"Right..." Amari mused, carefully taking her own cup, and unlike her foolhardy companion, she blew on it, and waited for it to cool down before daring to take a sip. She winced. It was bitter. "They burnt it." She muttered. With a shake of her head Amari pressed Leoric for more information.

"And how would you show me?"

Leoric grinned and leaned toward her. "Well, Miss Red. Not too far from here, an hours walk at most - there is a small hot spring hidden away from the-"

Amari quickly interjected. "If you want to lay me, you can fuck off right now."

Leoric leaned back in his chair, stifling a chuckling as he gave his head a small shake. "A man would be a fool to not want to bed someone such as yourself, but he'd be a fool not to court you first. That's not my intention. Nature energy my dear." He lightly tapped a finger against the table. "Nature energy, the best place for that is outside. I thought a hot spring would be a nice change of scenery. Unless you like this sort of place?"

Amari scoffed. "Got me there, Leoric. Fine. Show me." She stood, abandoning her half drunken cup of tea. "Appreciate the sentiment, but it tastes like swill." She gestured toward the door. "Lead the way."

Leoric finished his cup and set it down on the table. He laughed. "I like that fiery attitude of yours." He gave a jovial bow as he turned on his heel and headed toward the door. Clearly estatic that Amari had chosen to join him on his journey.

Amari was already regretting her decision.

As the two left one of the patrons caught sight of Amari's attire. He hissed to his comrade. "Shit, that's the lass from Crimson hand. Ya know..the one who literally burns traitors?"

"Eh? Serious. Fuck me. Prolly good we didn't mess with 'er. Last thing I want is that silver haired demon lurkin' around."

Amari turned her head toward the conversation, offering the two men a small smirk and a wink before she disappeared through the door.

Leoric
12-13-16, 01:16 AM
Silver Haired demon? Crimson hand? It all just brought a flashback to Leoric.. He knew a Lye… Fought against him, well trained against him really. So as they started on their hour long walk to the Hot spring Leoric figured he should start explaining.

“Yes, by the way, When i said nature energy, the energy that surrounds every living creature. I meant the Wind, the trees, The land itself. Even other humans and animals share the same Natural energy. Those in tune with the natural energy of the world around them can speak with nature.” Leoric said as he let his hair down, the cold breeze was getting a little chilly around his neck. “This place we are going to is a naturally occurring hot spring in a cave. I will warn you though, it is a little hard to breath inside the cave. I chose this place as it seems to be overflowing with this nature energy.”

A few minutes passed before Leoric spoke again.

“As i said back there, the name is Leoric. Some people call me Iron abs, some call me asshole, it all depends on what end of the beating they are when i start swinging. I have spent the last year doing nothing but training in solidarity out here. I am originally from Corone, a paid mercenary by trade usually.”

Leoric stopped moving and hung his head low as he closed his eyes, he entered a quick meditative state to try and get his bearings from the trees around him.

The cold breeze had started to pick up and the snow was at least shin deep on him. The air smelt clean and crisp as it gently bellowed across the snowy plains and a wolf's howl could be heard far off in the distance. It wasn’t long before The snow started to get deeper and the distinct smell of the hot spring could be smelt on the air.

“Hope you got some good balance here” Leoric smirked as he leapt down the side of a hill and slid all the way down to a flat surface that didn’t have all that much snow on it, Maybe a few inches “Only on really cold days will snow ever build up out here. But we are here, Right this way Miss Crimson Hand. How is lye now a days anyways?”

Before she could respond leoric entered inside his cave and took a deep breathe as he took off his Leather vest and tossed it over to where he would normally sleep, it rested up against the wall. Leoric had almost finishing disrobing before he remembered he had company and kept on just basic shorts. All his clothing was thrown over to where had spent quite some time resting over the last year. Upon looking around he saw that his coat hooks in the wall were still there his makeshift dresser was still around even his foliage bed was still there covered with a large blanket of leather.

In the middle of the hot springs were 5 large pillars of multicolored rock, The water for the springs was slowly pouring out the top of these spires and drizzling down over the sides. They seemed to be barely wide enough for someone to put a single foot on. That didn't stop Leoric, he quickly leapt from pillar to pillar until he was on the tallest one, which was about 16 feet high out of the middle of the pool. He turned to greet ‘Red’ as she walked into the Domed area that was his home for the last year.

Mari
12-13-16, 04:11 AM
The two walked, side by side against the cold winds of the Salvan night. Amari wasn't bothered by the cold. She was dressed warmly, and after having spent multiple nights in the climate - she had come quite accustomed to it. Leoric divulged more information about himself, about his training. His names, and his occupation. All the while Amari politely listened. Waiting for something useful. The mention of one of his names caused the woman to scoff.

"Yeh. I don't think I'll be calling you anything other than Leoric." Amari muttered. Clearly unamused at his other names. "Just who the hell would call you iron-abs? Sounds like a piss-poor name to me."

"Says you, red." He chided as he knocked her gently with his shoulder. The cheeky and bold action caused Amari to smirk. "Touche. Leoric, the asshole."

Amari gave him a quizzical look as he asked how her Master was. He knows Master Ulroke? Furthermore, unlike the others she had met - he didn't seem to hold any hospitality for the man. Good she thought. It was good that he wasn't hostile. "Master is well." She said simply, without giving too much away so soon. "The Crimson Hand is going through some changes." She said again. Still avoiding giving the man any integral information.

She dipped her head so as not to hit it as she followed him inside the dome. It was much warmer inside and just as he had warned. Much harder to breathe. Amari quickly loosened her leathers. "Fuck me...." She muttered. Pausing to catch the jovial glance of Leoric. "Not literally."

Leoric began to disrobe, and Amari followed suit. She wasn't too worried if the man saw her nude form. She felt no need to hide it. If anything, it may just coax more information out of the man. As she stripped herself Amari turned over to glance at Leoric, who was foolishly jumping from pillar to pillar.

"I hear idiots love to climb high places." She called out to him with a smirk, at this point he was just showing off. She padded to the edge of the waters and allowed herself to slide into the heated pool. She gave a heavy sigh of relief. Closing her eyes for a few moments. It was bliss. The waters lapped at her aching muscles, and for a moment. She forgot she had company.

"Hey Red, nice figure!"

Her eyebrow twitched. That's right. She wasn't alone. She had been invited here by Leoric. This had been his refuge, his respite. She opened her tri-coloured eyes and watched him. Half expecting him to fall.

Leoric
12-20-16, 03:30 AM
“I don’t climb up here just for the sake of it Red.” Leoric smirked as he casually spun on the ball of his right foot, his left gently placed on the calf muscle of his right foot. “It is a form of training, and getting oneself to the middle of all the natural energies flowing through this cave.”

Leoric may seem like nothing more but a brute at times, and some would call him nothing but a drunk, but when it came to his training and fighting he was similar to a prodigy in how quickly he could adapt and learn. He slowly closed his eyes while still facing Red, both his hands formed into fists and the knuckles touching as if he was fist bumping himself. He opened up his sixth sense and began to absorb the natural energy flowing throughout the cavern, the water in the pond seemed to start flowing towards the pillar he was standing on and gently hit the base as the air became still and then began to swirl towards Leoric.

Leoric began to smirk heavily as the feeling of the energy felt like home to him, everything seemed to just feel right in this cave. Even if the air was thick with humidity it did add quite a bit of resistance for training purposes. He felt the breeze surround him and the upward draft from the water. He quickly opened his eyes looking down at Red while he still had his sixth sense open and saw a rather unexpected and startling scene. Red seemed to be literally Glowing with natural energy, everything was swirling around her in a very unique way leoric had never seen before. The scene was all too much for him and he lost his balance. The air went still as he fell from his perch and headfirst into the water.

The entire pond seemed to become opaque with bubbles that would encircle and wrap around anything in their way to reach the surface. Leoric was dumbfounded with everything going on and quickly swam over to Red. His head surfacing from amongst the bubbles, he had no idea where she actually was thanks to the bubbles and when he surfaced he was rather close to her and directly in front of her. He had a very stern look in his eyes as he stared into the beautiful tri color globes that were Red’s eyes. In all the excitement he didn't notice that his shorts had fallen off when he hit the water.

“So you know nothing about Nature magic and natural energy eh?”

Mari
12-20-16, 03:48 AM
"Hmm..." Amari glanced down, feeling the current of the water shift. It seemed to pull away from her and toward the pillar Leoric was standing on. Her tri-coloured eyes glanced up at him with a renewed curiosity. She thought he was just some muscle headed brute. Yet it seemed that there were more facets to him than someone who 'could punch good'

The man had an impeccable sense of balance for one as stalwart as himself. He stood with one foot upon the pillar. The other balancing, swaying gently in the air. His fists pressed together in some form of meditation. Amari let him be, and didn't say anything so as not to disturb the man. What an odd thing to do she thought to herself.

Amari sighed, shaking her head. What he did, it did not concern her. As long as he left her well enough alone. Amari was enjoying the warmth of the water. She splashed her face and wiped her hair, slicking it back out of her face.

SPLASHHH

So much for impeccable balance

The man had fallen, head first into the water. Amari wondered if it was deeper further out. Where she sat, her buttocks were nestled comfortably against the smooth rock surface of the bottom of the pool. If it were that shallow - he'd have smashed his skull.

A myriad of bubbles burst forth from the impact, and Leoric arose from the watery depths, right by Amari. Practically between her legs. Amari gave a disapproving scowl. Not appreciating someone coming this close within her personal space. Especially without permission.

"No." Amari mused, bending her knee back so her foot was placed firmly on the mid of his chest. She extended it and pushed Leoric outward. Away from her. "Not really. Only from what I have been told, or read in children's books." As soon as he was out of her personal space Amari settled back down comfortably in the heated waters. Her eyes glanced to the side at a pair of shorts that had popped up out of the bubbling water. She glanced back at him with a raised brow. "Is that another form of 'meditation'?" She asked with a snide tone, pointing out his discarded garments.

Leoric simply laughed off her comment, "Well Miss Red. They were bound to come off sometime."

Amari rolled her shoulders back, leaning against the rocky edge. "I suppose so." She muttered, bored. Almost disappointed that she couldn't get a rise out of the man. He wasn't as dimwitted as she first took him for. "So, pray tell...why do you ask if I am aware of this...nature energy thing you prattle on about?"

Leoric
12-20-16, 04:21 AM
“You are not Human… that is all i know” Leoric said as she pointed at something floating in the water. “Well, Technically, you do need to be naked to fully embrace nature. Afterall you are born in the nude.”
He Smirked as he stood up in the shallows of the pond and stretched. His shoulders were starting to feel stiff and so he needed to get a little bit of exercise in. He looked down at the absolutely stunning view before him. A woman with curves in all the right places, completely naked, and sitting at a rather perfect height for something. That is when a rather enticing thought hit him.

“Well Miss not human. You want to understand my little trick don’t you?” He stepped up out of the water and to a flat clear area that he would of normally used for training purposes. “The best way to understand this ability is to experience it. It’s how my master taught me and if you can beat me in this match i will teach you my little trick. If i win, Hmm, How bout i get to, Seeing as we are both already naked, get to have a little fun with you over on my bed.”

Leoric planted his feet firmly at a shoulder width apart and closed his eyes for a second to open himself back up to the elements as their energy began to swirl around him. He wasn’t going to go all out on her. After all he could seriously hurt her, and that wouldn't bode well for after sparring activities if he won.

Mari
12-20-16, 04:48 AM
“You are not Human… that is all I know”

His words caused a feeling of disappointment to wash over her. Amari pulled her gaze away from his. Her full lips formed a scowl as she muttered under her breath, just loud enough for him to hear. "I figured that out already."

Leoric, not quite taking note of Amari's dwindling mood made a joke about how they were born nude. "Mmm." She agreed half halfheartedly. Her eyes briefly wandered back over to him as he stood, a shower of water sprinkled from his form, splashing Amari's near exposed breasts and face. "Do you mind?" She muttered.

"You're in my home. Miss Red." Leoric teased.

"Right, right." Amari muttered, waving him off.

Just as Amari was deciding to call it a night, and return to the inn; Leoric spoke. He had a way about him - every time Amari lost interest, he'd pique it again. Just enough to leave her hanging, and to have her stick around. She briefly wondered if he was doing it on purpose.

No. He wasn't smart enough for that.

"Understand it? I suppose so, but it ain't too much of a loss if I don't know." She craned her neck, following his toned form as he stepped out from the natural hot springs and onto a naturally polished flat stone.

The next moment Amari felt a wave of different emotions. First, respect - for he admitted the best way to learn anything was experience it. It was a sentiment both she and her Master shared. Next, frustration. He was proposing a battle of fists. One Amari knew she had no chance of winning. Her physical prowess was not one of her strongest suits. Next, was a mild sense of disgust. He wanted to fuck her.

You and every other filthy dick around these parts She thought bitterly to herself. Amari knew her physical body was - as her Master put it, a useful tool. He made it clear that she was quite desirable. With her curled, thick red hair and curvaceous body. Just like everyone, she had her imperfections. She felt her nose wasn't the best, having had it broken a few times over - it had lumps in various places. Her brows, whilst neat, were a little thicker than most. She didn't bother to 'excavate' her lower region - as she had seen in various brothels. Her arms were dotted with thin, red hairs - but despite all that. It didn't deter people. Her skin, besides the hairline fractures was a milky white, and umarred. Her breasts and curves were ample.

"Tch."

Amari stood. "That's a bullshit exchange. You know you can damn well beat me in a fight." She slowly wring out her hair. "To me, it sounds like a win-win, in your favour, and that just don't sit right with me." She stepped out of the pool and allowed herself to drip dry as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I want something, if I win or loose. How about this. I win, and you become my guard. I loose." she paused, and sighed. "I'll suck you off. BUT you still teach me that..." she paused, waving her arm toward him in a dismissive manner. "That...thing you do."

"Is that all?"

She was taken aback by his response. Was an oral fuck worth that much to him? Was he that damn blue-balled? Amari hesitated, then decided against being too greedy. "Aye."

Amari knew she'd probably loose this round, but at least this way - she still got what she wanted. she didn't exactly like the idea of having to wrap her lips around his dick, but she wasn't adverse to it. Master Ulroke did expect her to use her ...assets in such a way, so she figured this was a good start.

The man laughed. "I can't say no to that. So long as my hands can wander." He offered her a wink. "Don't think I haven't given up on you though, I'd love to hear you scream my name."

"Right, perhaps I will - in a murderous rage." Amari quipped. Walking around the pool so she stood opposite him. Leoric positioned himself in a fighting stance.

"Fuck me..." She muttered. Realising just how out of her depth she was.

"Oh, I'll try." Leoric said with a smirk. That was his only warning. The man pushed off his feet and ran at her with his fist raised. Amari had seen him fight - and knew what was coming. She had to dodge his blow sooner than one normally would. Amari lowered her stance and charged forward. If he could use his skills, she'd use hers.

Unfortunately for Amari, it meant that she had to be touching him for it to work. She ducked under his first blow successfully, and allowed her fingers to trail over his abdomen. Her fingers gently traced one of his abs, and followed down the side of his torso-thin sparks of red light followed suit. The action opened up wounds similar to a sword strike across his skin. Deep enough to cause pain and discomfort, a good two inches deep, but not enough for him to bleed out.

He turned on his heel, grunting. "You left yourself open, Red."

Leoric
12-20-16, 05:31 AM
Blast it to hell, She did have some tricks up her, well she was naked so it couldn’t really be up her sleeves now could it. However she did leave herself wide open for a counter attack. Leoric spun on his left heel and gave her a warning before he did a quick palm strike to the back of her right shoulder. She hit the ground from the force of the palm strike and let out a frustrated sigh

“Fuck my tit…”

“...If you Insist” Leoric smirked as he lunged forward. Putting his left hand on his side trying to conceal the pain he was still feeling. He pulled his right fist back and punched forward as his eyes met hers. His beautiful ice blue gaze met her unyielding tri color gaze. His eyes full of arrogance, and determination. His ability took more than seeing it once to fully figure it out.

He planted his right foot firmly on the ground and slid across the smooth stone floor as he released his quaking strike that was building up directly at the middle of her chest. Unfortunately for Red, the stone surface had caused him to skid closer then he was expecting. When the blast erupted from his fist it rippled directly through her. Her ‘existence’ magnifying the effect of the strike. Leoric immediately recoiled after feeling the impact. Not only did she have a lot of nature energy surrounding her, it felt like she was Made of Nature energy. if that was the case his strike would of just caused a hell of a lot more damage than he had intended.

She collapsed as she let out a shrill, excruciating, scream. One of her arms went limp, and large, angry bruises started to appear on her form. She had a few broken ribs, her arm had been shattered. Bone jutting out from her elbow. She was internally bleeding. Yet she still tried to push herself up onto her feet. She wobbled, struggled, and had almost gotten there, but she collapsed again, coughing up blood and vitae.

Leoric was completely dumbfounded. He didn’t put nearly enough force behind his punch for this to happen. He quickly dropped to his knees quickly beside her and rolled her onto her back.

“Holy shit, I am so sorry! I didn’t think i put that much force behind my punch!” for someone who had seen plenty of bloodshed in his lifetime he was rather uncharacteristically worried about her. But then again as long as she survived he got some release? He had been alone for a year, he would of taken any form of release but she was a really gorgeous and fetching individual. “Is there Anything i can do?”

Mari
12-20-16, 05:47 AM
Amari's vision blurred. Dots danced in front of her eyes. Damn she was expecting a brawl, a few punches to her chest - maybe a broken arm. She wasn't expecting to be torn apart from the sheer force of his blow. She was rolled onto her back. The bout over as quickly as it had begun. She had been put in her place and she hated it. She hated acknowledging how physically weak she was. She wheezed, clearly dying.

“Is there Anything i can do?”

Amari managed a dry laugh before coughing up more blood. Splattering Leoric across his face. He had a concerned look, and was frantically searching for a way to help her. "Yer not supposed...*cough* to feel remorse for your opponent." She joked.

"That's not funny. Red! You're...you're bleeding. Shit...shit...what was that....shit..." He glanced at her arm then back at her.

"Kill me." Amari stated, plain as day. She had said it so matter-of-factly that it threw Leoric completely off guard.

"W-what!? Red. I-"

"I'm dyin' and it fuckin' hurts. Kill me." Amari coughed again, and with a shaking hand reached out to clasp onto Leorics upper arm. "Then dip yer finger in my blood, and scrape it across the mark on my b-back."

Leoric was at an utter loss of how to act, she had just asked him to kill her, and in his mind. He was not only a murderer, but was missing out on some of what Amari could only guess, 'much needed action'. Amari gave an amused chuckle before wincing. Laughing hurt. Shit, breathing hurt. Her face contorted into that of sheer pain. She loosened her grip on his shoulder and rolled over to curl into a ball.

The redheaded woman coughed up more vitae, her body trembling. She barely took note of her bone scraping against the stone. She was in pain, it felt as though her entire body had been dipped in acid. But - again she had felt it all before. She had felt her bones crack and shift, she had felt herself being skinned alive. This would be short lived, and thus - was tolerable.

"The fuck are you?" Leoric said in disbelief.

That's what I want to know Amari thought to herself.

Leoric
12-20-16, 06:26 AM
Kill you?! Leoric thought to himself as he wiped the blood from his face. “What the fuck are you?” he said out loud. She smirked and scoffed at the question. Making him think that she didn’t even know. But she asked him to do a thing… and if it was the only thing to help her, as far fetched as it sounded. He would do it.

He stood up and went over and grabbed his sword that was placed with his clothing. He came back and gently bent down next to her again as he slowly unsheathed his sword. “I will make it quick..” He started

“'Re..member.. blood… mark… Back” She coughed with every food she spoke. Literally choking on her own blood. “No… funny… Busi...ness, I will… Know”

Leoric nodded and placed his hand over her mouth as he quickly slid his sword through her back and out through her heart. If killing was the best option to help her then he would do it the most efficient way he could with the least amount of pain possible. He pulled out his sword and laid it next to her before flipping her over and looking at her mark.

His eyes spotted the mark but their was something else they also spotted… her beautifully curved ass. His hands were twitching, they wanted to grab and squeeze and have their own fun.. But he had nodded in agreement that he wouldn't do any funny business…

"The temptation is real. I could cop a feel anytime I wanted and she wouldn't know… she's dead, but she claimed she would know. GAH!" He was conflicted. "Not to mention I gave my word I wouldn't do any funny business. Even though I never spoke a word to break I still nodded which is as good as a promise or giving my word."

“Damn it to hell and back again, I gave my word” He cried out in frustration as he grabbed the sword he had just plunged through her and scraped off her blood with his thumb and wiped it across her marking. He stood up and backed a few feet back putting his hands behind his back as to try and stop the temptation.

Mari
12-20-16, 06:59 AM
Amari winced, feeling the heat of the metal slice through her flesh and sinue. She felt burning, like raging hellfires ravage her body before it grew heavy- and then cold - and then death. Her eyes dulled and glazed. Her cheeks lost their colour and her blood quickly seeped out on the floor beneath the two creating a thick crimson halo of macabre death.

Amari's body was still.

The same thing couldn't be said about her ethereal soul. She took a gulp of air, her chest heaving up and down. "Shit.." she muttered, running her hands over her form. Her ethereal form was near identical to her physical one. If not for the constant glow that her body emitted, the continuous shift in her hair, and her eyes of which the entirety glowed a brilliant amber, freckled with red shards. She was naked, except for a dark green jacket gifted to her by Elthas.

The same bloodied thick chain extended from her ethereal form, connecting her to her physical body, attached by the sigil on her back. Amari stood. She was used to this form now, and used to the feeling of this...other plane of existence. She had been killed numerous times by her Master and was no stranger to death.

She turned her glowing gaze onto Leoric, who was staring at her naked, dead ass. Her brows furrowed. sick fuck she thought to herself. Amari wondered if she tried to burn him from this plane of existence, would he feel it? She thought about it...but didn't act on it. He was still clutching his side, which was oozing blood. She had already injured him enough.

Despite his outcry, Leoric was a man of his word. He didn't touch her, and draped his finger across the mark in her back.

He stood back and waited expectantly. Nothing happened for a few minutes. Then, Amari felt the sensation of being dragged back into her body.

There was a bright flash that lit the entirety of the cave. Leoric had to shield his eyes and turn away. When it died down, Amari sat upright, having difficulty breathing. Her body was still spotted with a few bruises - and she was clearly still in a great deal of pain...but she was alive

"How did...what...I...." Leoric was speechless. Struggling to comprehend what happened.

Amari choked out a laugh. "What did you expect to happen?" She gingerly rose her head to meet his gaze. "What was that about coppin' a feel?"

Leoric
12-20-16, 07:35 AM
“Alright first off WHAT!... Second… THE… and finally FUCK! Just happened? You were… and then… WHAT!” Leoric cried out. He didn’t know what was going on, what just had happened, or how she was back alive. “Oh and… well you see… promise and uh… yeah… didn’t actually do it”

Leoric said as he walked over and offered a hand to help her up. She gingerly accepted the hand up wincing as she slowly stood. Leoric knew his next action would be in poor taste and probably hurt some of the trust he had built up with Red, but in the end it would be for the better. As she finished standing Leoric wrapped his left arm around her back to try and be supportive while his right arm went underneath her legs to pick her up. At first it seemed like maybe he was going to carry her somewhere. But then he tossed her high up in the air and into the pond. He winced as he did this as the wound on his side still hurt like a bitch. He needed the pond to help the healing process a little.

He smirked and ran after her and dove inside the pond as well and quickly found her inside the water before helping her to the surface. He was immediately met with a burning slap on his face that made him stumble a bit. There was a red mark on his face that burned like he was just branded. Although it didn't feel quite so intense.

“Heh, yeah i deserved that” Leoric chuckled as he went to grab her to help her to the shallows of the pond. “Look i won't do it again, This pond has healing properties that literally removes exhaustion from the muscles and helps heal small wounds. You need to get in here and guessing from our past interactions you wouldn’t just let me carry you to the water.”

She hesitantly took his hand. It became rather apparent she was apprehensive on the whole thing but still needed his help. He gently grabbed her waist and slowly backed up to the shallows. Where he slowly lowered her down to a sitting position. He didn't sit down next to her as she was clearly still a little sore at him for tossing her into the water but he knew it was for the better in the long run.

=============

They sat in the water in silence for quite some time before leoric broke the silence.

“You know.. I think i know why my ability did so much more damage than I intended.” Leoric started as he lay adrift in the pond on his back just staring at the ceiling. “And a clue as to what you are”

He glanced over at Red at the side of the pond.

“I originally fell off the pillar cause when i looked at you while meditating all i saw was a being of pure nature energy. At first i thought it was just a high concentration around you, but when i struck you i felt my ability ripple throughout your entire body. Almost like pouring water into water. The original force is kept as well as an outwards effect. You seem to be made of pure nature energy.” Leoric returned his gaze to the ceiling. “I would say it was absolutely insane and impossible. But i just saw you come back from the dead in an explosion of white light..”

Leoric lowered his feet back in the water and stood up and slowly waded over to Red before motioning if he could sit next to her.

Mari
12-20-16, 07:59 AM
Now safely in the shallows Amari wrenched herself away from the man. "Who the fuck do you think you are? Who just THROWS an injured person into a fuckin' lake, what you trying to kill me a second time?"

"So that's a no to sitting next to you?"

"Damn fuckin' right it is." She hissed, covering her chest with her arms, the water around her clouded with the blood that had clung to her body and soaked into her hair. Noticing this, Amari went to running the water through her hair. On purposefully, and rather blatantly ignoring the man who just both killed her, and saved her life.

Leoric sighed heavily, and shifted to the shallows. Keeping his distance. Another long silence hung in the air between them. During this time Amari slowly ran the water up and down her arms. The heat helped her aching body, and soon the lingering pain dissipated. She was thankful her revival ability had improved. She recalled a few previous times where she was revived just before the point of death, cuts, bruises and broken bones still racked her body. Amari was mildly surprised that she had healed as much as she had. She was expecting for her arm to still be broken at least.

"Mmm, I think I'm growing stronger..." she mused to herself, barely aware of Leoric, who was inching ever closer.

"Honestly Red. Anyone who can come back from the dead like that is plenty strong." Leoric went to say what he believed she was. Or at least his theory on it.

"So, its still grasping at straws then eh? Nature energy, mana, whatever...still doesn't get me any closer into knowing what I am." She sighed, rubbing her temples. "I can probably heal yer wound too, yanno. If you stop being an ass."

The water shifted, an she could feel his presence inch closer.

Amari glanced up, and shot Leoric a threatening glare, he gave her a mischievous grin and inched back a few feet. He went on to say his ability did more damage than he intended. "No shit. I doubt you'd be able to get your dick sucked from a corpse." She paused, her eyes narrowing. "Course - you almost tried something, eh?" Leoric grimaced. "Look, I respect that you didn't try anything - but at the same time. Look at it from a different perspective. You want to be treated with respect and courtesy because you didn't go ahead and touch someone without their permission? That's a laugh, that's like - fuckin' basic human courtesy."

Leoric
12-20-16, 10:24 PM
Stop being an ass? Isn’t that what Leoric was… how could he stop being himself? He chuckled and let his head just hang low..

“Fair enough, i am a ‘bit’ of an asshole. However everything i do has reasoning behind it. You seemed like the kind of person to kick up a fuss over me carrying you to the pond. So instead of risking that and wasting time i just tossed you into the water before quickly diving in myself to help you in case you couldn't stand on your feet yet. This isn’t just a natural hot spring, it ‘heals’. That is why i have spent the last ‘year’ training in isolation here. Not a single visit to civilization or the outside world except to hunt and gather food for myself.” He winced as he quickly covered the wound on his side.

“I am not trying to make excuses or say what i did was write or whatever. Most of what i do falls into a grey zone of should i versus shouldn’t i. But i mean if i always did what i ‘should’ then what is the fun in life? You needed to get to the water and after everything that happened and just how fucking weird and, jesus i don't even know how to explain it happened, i figured we needed something to cut the weirdness serious mood going on. I am sorry i caused you to panic but you gotta admit it did change the mood in the air.”

The brawler said half defeatedly, what we said was true but most people just hate how he does things on a quick impulse once he decides of a plan of action.

“Oh and to touch on your statement there, When have i EVER said ‘Oh i didn’t touch you while you were dead i deserve to be praised. I have been in this cave for a whole year, haven’t seen a single other soul out here, the first time i decide to go to a town i run into a stunningly beautiful woman and then she is naked in my cave, Home, Thing, so yes i had my urges. However i overcame them and kept my word. Cause my word means more to me then just getting my dick wet.” Leoric’s brow furrowed as he continued “I go out of my way and hurt men who take advantage of woman or try to force themselves on them, I am not one to go about doing that myself. If she is too drunk to make conscious decisions i will not touch that. I will take her to the bedroom tell her i will be right back in five minutes just need to grab one last thing from downstairs and wait till she passes out. As much as i drink, boast, and flirt if they are not interested i do not pursue the issue or force myself on them. So i would like to ask you to keep your assumptions of me based off the lower part of my gender’s genepool out of this.”

Leoric walked off back to the deepest part of the pond, right near where he fell earlier, the water was about midway up his chest, a good 5 feet deep, and began to clean his wound. He left his back to Red and worried about his wound while gently splashing some water on his face and wincing as it touched the light burn of his face.

He wasn’t quite sure what to say to Red after everything that had just been said, he walked out of the pond and over to his belongings. He reached inside and grabbed the last of his ‘soap’ or that's what he thought he was told it was called. All he knew is it made his skin feel smooth and soft, and it made him smell pretty good, and not like leather that had been strapped to a sweaty man for years. He slipped back into the water and began to rub himself down with it. Shortly a fragrant aroma mixed around the cave. Almost that of Wild berries mixed with a touch of fragrant flowers. Some would call it girly, but Leoric was just glad to not smell of sweaty leather for awhile.

Mari
12-20-16, 10:44 PM
After her outburst Leoric had his own words to say, and boy..did he have a lot to say.

Amari sighed, she hated to admit it but Leoric did have a point. "I suppose..." She mumbled, glancing away. "Most people would react far more adversly than you did, having killed someone only to have them spring back up to the land of the living." She sounded somewhat remorseful, and it was the closest thing he'd get to an apology from her. Amari was strong willed, and stubborn - but she generally would try to admit when she was wrong.

"I don't agree with your actions, but I guess in the circumstances...I cannot fault them too heavily." She watched him sigh dejectedly. He gave her a mouthful based on her assumptions of him. "Tch..." She didn't say any more - but she had to appreciate his passionate words on the subject matter. "You and I can agree to that, at least."

Amari pulled herself out from the lake, the pain now subsiding. He, however...was still bleeding. "If you come here - I'll heal your wound." She offered him a smirk. "Although I think you can keep the mark on your face, to remember me by."

He still had his back to her. Possibly angry, and ignoring her - not that Amari could blame him for it. "Or, you can stand there and ignore me - that works too." She added, intended to be a joke.

Leoric
12-20-16, 10:59 PM
Leoric finished getting himself clean wincing a few times as the soap touched his open wound. The soap made him clean so surely it would clean the wound right? He turned his head to face back at Red as she offered him a smirk and offered to clean his wound. He sighed, she had said her piece, he had said his, and after all was said and done they seemed to be all the better for it. He shook his head and turned around heading towards her. As he approached her he tossed the bar of soap over her head and towards his bed where it landed with a satisfying thud on the leather blanket of his bed. He stopped in front of her as she knelt down, he closed his eyes as he wasn’t quite sure what sensation he was going to feel when she ‘healed’ him.

His mouth opened and he let out a small moan of enjoyment as he felt his wound heal but also something else. She was upholding her end of the bargain, and thus he would have to uphold his … eventually. For now he was just going to enjoy what he could, i mean after all his first trek back to civilization wasn’t all that bad… it did confuse the hell out of him at parts and he had more questions then when he started. But in the end it sorta paid off. He got something he had been missing for quite some time, the guaranteed company of a very beautiful woman that he now had to make sure no harm came to her. And if she continued paying him for his services in manners such as this? Well he was going to be one very happy Leoric.

Storm Veritas
01-06-17, 12:06 PM
Thread Title: Bar Brutes (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?31597-Bar-Brutes/page2)
Participants: Mari/Leoric
Judgment Type: Basic Judgment

Thank you for your submission! This was a quick, easy read, and I enjoyed reading through to judge it. There are several significant and repeated mistakes that pop up during the course of reading the thread, however I’ll do my best not to harp on them too much. Most of them are very easily corrected.

STRENGTHS

Both of you do a nice job with setting some of the visual elements of the story. Mari, I like that you both give a nod to the cliché aspect of a tavern start. Lori, there is some introspection here that allows us to understand your character. I found myself thirsty for more details, and you didn't get too bogged down with minutiae. There was also pretty good consistency in resetting the scene as the plot moved.

I enjoy the way that Leoric and Mari both try to explain character motivations. You two clearly enjoy writing with each other, and feed off each other quite well. Leoric's explanation to Mari late in the thread around how he didn't plan to sexually assault her made the action much more palatable. Mari's acceptance that she had to use her powers of seduction to her advantage also helped expedite the courting process. The different decision trees each of your characters follow make for some really interesting conflict and back and forth. I would have liked to see more consistent decision making from them, however spelling out your moral codes helps us understand them.

The plot takes some very unusual and risqué terms which I didn’t see coming. You both deserve credit for this, as there was some seamless repartee between you as the scene changed. I appreciate that the thread took to the fountain rather than stagnating in the tavern. There was some really nice creativity here. The build of sexual tension was really bizarre for me, but it appeared you two enjoyed it, and with some practice could be a really spicy dynamic for a great thread.

BONUS: “Iron abs” is the most outrageous nickname I’ve ever read a character give themselves on this board. I like it, given that Leoric used it trying to get laid. I do love that Amari calls Leoric out for the nickname; that’s a clever exchange that adds humanity to both characters. Thank you for this laugh!!

OPPORTUNITIES FOR IMPROVEMENT

Unfortunately, scene setting is almost entirely visual. Early on Mari describes tea as “weak, tastes like ass”. I can’t imagine tea tasting like ass; please give me details that the reader can relate to and understand. Perhaps saying it tasted stale, salty, watery, or like boiled grass would help the reader understand that sensation a bit more easily.

Leoric also could tell me more details in the setting component of the story. In describing Leoric’s beard and hair, you do a nice job exposing that he has long hair and a beard, but don’t really give us details on what the beard looks like. If his hair is “silky”, he must be meticulously cleaning it; is his beard fine and smooth or rough and wild? If it’s rough and wild, why is his hair silky smooth?

When things get sexual, it’s a very rapid pivot from teasing to an article from Penthouse Letters (or so I hear). I don’t have any problem with the extreme choice in language, but given that Amari was more seductive and teasing, seeing her rapidly change tone to say clearly pornographic notes is really inconsistent with the in-thread character. Additionally, Leoric is very comfortable lusting after Amari (which is good), but doesn’t address himself and his own sexuality. What does it feel like to be in the cave nude? Is he proud of himself and confident, or nervous? Is the air cold on his wet skin? Does the air smell musty as you’d expect, or something else?

How again is a brutal fist-fight supposed to work as fore-play? I don’t follow any of the logic there. Amari addresses some of the bizarre nature of the exchange, but it really took me as completely out of left field that Leoric would assume that if he beat up this beautiful woman, that would impress her into bedding him. More odd was that Amari felt no fear during this whole song and dance, and agreed to fellate him as a reward. The reader simply can’t relate to this wild turn of events.

Editing is really the weak point here. There are a vast amount of mistakes made in capitalization (NEVER USE “i” as a word unless you’re referring to the imaginary number, capitalize only proper nouns), sentence fragments (use of dependent clauses as standalone sentences, such as “So he sent himself”), incorrect word choice (“loose” and “on purposefully” should be “lose” and “on purpose”). Both of you could gain tremendous value from re-reading your work before posting. You wrote this very quickly, but a little more time editing would go a really long way.

REWARDS:
Leoric receives 640 EXP + 75 (Gold converted to EXP); 715 EXP!!
Mari receives 750 EXP + 75 Gold!!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-07-17, 03:38 AM
All rewards added!