PDA

View Full Version : Answers (closed to Vitae)

redford
12-28-16, 04:40 PM
John’s stomach rumbled again as he raised a massive arm, slamming a homemade pick into the sheer icy cliffside, using his malleable armor to fuse the strange metal with the cracks in the ice and stone, pulling himself up another few feet. He had searched across Althanas for answers on what his gauntlets were, and where they were from.

Now, for the first time in months, he might have an answer. Or at least someone who might provide him an answer.

If he could reach the top of this mountain, that is. He had been climbing for hours, and there was still no end in sight. His muscles burned, his stomach ached, and he felt the tingle of frostbite in his left foot.

No, he thought, bringing up another arm, I will not stop, I cannot stop. I will find out what it means, I will find out what it means, I will…

John repeated the statement to himself again and again, committing himself over and over again to his cause. The armor had taken so much from him, and it would answer for that.

If he could get to the top.

As if to punctuate this thought, he saw a break in the snowy wasteland above, almost as if the cliff were ending. His vigor renewed, he climbed up faster, reaching the edge and pulling himself upward, nearly-lame foot notwithstanding. Where he could not see before, a massive white building stood, nearly obscured by the snow. He limped toward a massive iron-banded door and slammed his fist against it.

Vitae
12-28-16, 05:09 PM
Redfords fist resonated against the wooden doors, Vitaes head perked before looking over at Thal "A visitor? I thought you had your shield up Thal?" Thal grimaced, his face turning from a rather content appearance to a very unwelcoming one. Though, anyone who could make it up here had to be very strong and committed. Cronus grinned "Lighten up Thal, no one blames you for getting senile." Thal grunted "Says you, batty fool." Thal placed his hand on the oak tangled walls connecting to its nature and feeling the ice outside for the magus, all was one. "It's a man, don't recognise him. Maybe it's one of Goro's old drinking buddies wanting their money back" Goro shouted from across the room "I always pay back my debts!" Exodus laughed "Then may I have my copy of the wonders of nature back? I was halfway through before you snatched it." Goro furthered himself away from the scene, his voice getting fainter "But not today!" Levi moaned, visibly irritated by everyone's childishness "I thought we were meant to be the six wise not the six of age" Thal walked off, clearly uninterested with the person who stood at their doorstep.

Vitae giggled at his masters, they always got giddy whenever someone came to visit, though he'd only ever seen it twice before, both times ended with the visitors in a pretty confused place wondering why they were back at the foot of a mountain, if they were ever at the top to begin with. Azoth snapped at Vitae's fingers, chomping at the slice of bacon he held in his hand. "OW! Azoth?!" Azoth gobbled his food with no regrets, it had been just a few months since he hatched. The magi were Vegans, but they knew better than to keep a dragon from fresh meat. "Careful, Vitae, remember you are his master. You can't let Azoth push you around like that" Exodus commented. Exodus had been instructing Vitae about how to care for dragons since they first came into contact with Azoth's egg, trying to guide him as best as he could about how best to take care of him so that they'd have a great relationship in the future. "But... Goro said that all things in nature should be treated as friends and equals." Exodus scoffed "Perhaps if you were taking care of a pig. Dragons are an exception to this rule Vitae, you must show that you are worthy to be his master."

Levi was once again the only one taking his responsibility seriously. He shone a light on the man, establishing a brief mental connection."You who trespasses. What is thy name? What is thy purpose? What is thy intent? Why do you come before the Uliratha? Speak now or leave forever lost to the frozen tundra." Levi commanded.

Xul waited for the mans answer, he'd been paying attention to the scene and he was ready. His eye twinkled, hoping they'd let the visitor enter this time. "Oh yeah Vitae, best clear the area for now. Just in case we let this one in." Exodus added.

redford
12-28-16, 09:33 PM
For a moment, there was no answer but the wind blowing the snow thick around his form, but John soon realized an itch at the back of his skull, a nagging thought that was loudened by a light that shone round him. A voice, attempting to break his concentration, a mumbling at the back of his mind.

Well, I cannot refuse them, not at this state anyways.

The voice, clearer now, asked about his intent, inquired as to his motivations.

Hopefully he can see, John thought, pulling his shirt off to reveal a chest and arms of whipcord muscle, his nigh-eight foot frame shocked by the cold. He held his gauntleted hands wide, and the skin-tight silvery metal coating his hands flowed like quicksilver to cover his arms and chest, each tiny bit clicking into place over the large burn scars that crisscrossed his chest. He spoke simply, the words of a man who had reached the end of his desperation.

“I just want answers.”

Vitae
01-01-17, 10:40 PM
Levi wasn't impressed, even though the sight in front of him was rather intriguing. He pondered, not really wanting to waste time with someone who couldn't answer simple questions but he decided to give the stranger a chance to redeem himself. They'd have to inspect the silver contraption further, but he was fairly certain he knew what they were and what it was doing to him. "Very well, nameless. Step through the marble wall beside the door. Do not go through the main door. You will be tested, if we deem you worthy, you will get your answers." Xul grinned, this was what he was waiting for.

When the man stepped through the wall, there was instant darkness. Noises crept and cackled from the shadows, surround his every side. His sense of smell, touch, taste, and his sight, all taken from him only having his hearing to guide him in the dark. "The first test, is to survive." Xul boomed into the mans mind. Undead skeletal warriors rose from the dark and came at the man, one catching him by surprise in the back with a scimitar. "How will you fight, with only your hearing to guide you, I wonder?" This test was to see how he would handle helplessness. Of course, the magi wouldn't actually kill him, they never took life away.

Levi inspected the man closely, watching to see how the silver gauntlets would be used in such a situation. Eager to test his hypothesis. The other magi weren't very interested. Goro and Exodus were with Vitae training Azoth. Thal was meditating, and Cronus was turning tarot cards over to get diving inspiration about the future.

redford
01-16-17, 12:19 PM
John growled as the telepathic entity directed him.

I did not come to be tested, friend. I need not prove my mettle to you.

Nevertheless, he limped to the side, favoring his left foot as he reached out a hand to the apparently illusory wall, and his fingers slipped through. Well, here goes nothing.

Through the wall he went, into complete and total darkness. he saw nothing, heard nothing.

Except the rattle of a saber. The strike came quickly, the sword clanging off his armored back, catching him unawares. He swung instinctively, hurling a fist behind him, swinging around and connecting with an armored forearm, blowing through whoever struck him. A clattering, of sword and bones, followed.

Wait, bones?

He called out into the darkness. "Very well. I will fight your minions, if I must."

The half-giant willed his armor to creep, covering his entire body with the silvery and mysterious metal. As he heard the creak of bones from the side, he grew two spikes from his fists, sharpening them into blades two feet long each.

Vitae
01-19-17, 12:58 PM
The pile of bones began to reanimate and more began to spawn, each coming at him one at a time. The skeletal warriors struck in succession each having a swing at the man, not matter how many he destroyed, they simply kept coming at him one by one, pushing him further in his sensory deprived state. Then just as quickly as it began, it ended.

A warm light washed over the mans cut up body and healed all his wounds and then some, restoring him to peak condition. "It seems the rumors are true." Levi spoke. "They have been passed down and slowly reaching fruit. Very interesting, John." A hollow laugh become the shadows. "Why the gods bestowed such a powerful item onto a weakling however is beyond me." Xul heckled. "Well he's not dead yet, that's proof he's strong enough. For now at least." Levi added.

The room became lighter and its features were clear to see now. It was a marble room with tangled roots etched into the walls. Levi stood at its centre, Cronus sitting behind him with a table for his tarot cards. "Lion, stone, two pillars, calamity, and reversed Sun. What interesting cards." Cronus claimed. Levi rolled his eyes. "Lets cut to the chase shall we. I only do this considering the rarity of circumstance, I don't particularly care for you but you should know what's become of you."

"There exists powerful beings beyond this world beyond comprehension, known as the Thaynes. The Thaynes are old and powerful gods, when they still had interest in the goings-on of the 'world below' as they called it, they crafted several objects of immense power and magic to aid chosen champions for a purpose. Such relics are all but forgotten now, save perhaps whispered lightly in the oldest tomes. The relic you possess is the armour of Hromagh. Simply put, the relic was designed to bestow the wielder with immense fortitude, strength, and resistance. Should the wielder's body and mind be strong enough it will fuse with the wielder, granting incredible strength and endurance, and remains, not removable until the champion dies. The armour responds to the user's will, and to a certain point their intentions. If the chosen is weak willed, looses their way, or suffers a grave defeat.. the relic will destroy him and find someone more worthy. But as the chosen continues to prove himself, so shall the relic improve in ability."