PDA

View Full Version : Fool me once...

Lucifer
12-31-16, 01:06 AM
There were no words to describe how Lucifer was feeling, because in honesty, he didn’t even know what those words were. His mind and body was torn, he didn’t even know if he was in control or if he was being control by this body. If there were a better host he’d rebirth, but they were extremely rare, especially for someone like Lucifer.

Lucifer was making his way towards the outskirts to deliver Alkieh back to the Order of the Dusk, where he would stay until Lucifer's world was realised. He glared at the bag held in his hand, the crystal ball dangling mockingly at him. How typical it was for Alkieh to still be screwing him even after damning his own soul. But no more.

Once he was done with this orb and that pitiful girl was finally out of his life, he’d be able to move on. He’d be gone, far, far, away; that girl would never see this orb ever again. It had been three days, there was a snowball's chance in hell that she’d run into him now. Once he was in the outlands, it would be as if he never existed.

Lucifer was just so emotional recently, the past three days of straight walking was nothing but thoughts of Aynur and how he’d get rid of Alkieh and see out his dream. But mostly about Aynur. Why? Is this what humans were like when they lusted for someone? An obsessive compulsion to think about nothing but their animalistic urges? What a curse.

He couldn’t allow himself to fall into this trap.

Lucifers blood red eyes pierced the bag, piercing Alkiehs soul. “No.. it’s you! Not me! It’s you! You focus on the trivial and lose sight of what is most important… change is impossible in this fog of ignorance… how can we change this earth if regulation is all we know!” He wasn’t going to keep playing by Alkieh’s rules, he refused.

A passerby glanced at Lucifer. Their daughter clutched at her leg. “Mama, mama why is that man talking to his bag?”

“Hurry along now love.” She ushered her daughter along, quickly passing Lucifer, muttering about madmen and how they should all be locked up in an asylum.

Lucifer stopped walking. Was he truly going mad? It was as if he could hear Aynur in his head now, singing to him, mocking his very being, mocking his very reason to press on with his quest.

Lucifer walked towards the sound, awed at the beauty of the voice, the singing… Lucifer paused, baffled. Did he really just hear her speak in Ar’Tuel tongue? He moved closer, getting nearer to the source of the sound until..

It was her again. Aynur.

He grit his teeth, he wasn’t going mad.. No! He wasn’t mad in the slightest. It was this damn world. This whole damn world has gone mad! He pushed himself away from the tree he hid behind, power walking as fast as he could AWAY from that THING.

Aynur
12-31-16, 01:08 AM
It had been 3 days since her encounter with Lucifer. Since she had nearly lost herself in the thralls of heated, primal urges. Since she had been brutally injured and tortured, and since she lost the orb of Alkieh. She had spent the first day frantically begging nearby people to help aid her in her search, but she was left with nothing. People had demanded she pay them for their broker services, others hadn’t seen the white haired man.

Aynur was feeling defeated, alone, hurt, betrayed...Her body ached with the strain of her injuries. Still, she pushed on with a hopeful smile upon her lips, and she still wished those she came across good tidings.

She was low on funds, she had used the last of her money to buy new clothes that hadn’t been ripped apart - and food. She was on her last few gold pieces. Aynur wasn’t a fan of using her voice to gain quick coin. She felt it was some form of abuse of her song abilities. Still, the people wouldn’t give if they weren’t willing, and she would never accept coin from one who clearly needed it.

She nestled herself into a comfortable position and spread out a spare coat onto the ground. Aynur lifted her hand to her throat, concerned at the burns that still ached. Surely it wouldn’t affect her voice.

No, I shall not doubt myself. I will find the Orb of Alkieh.

Aynur inhaled deeply, and began to sing.

Her song was in a language and dialect lost to time. One she did not know, oh but she knew the melody, she knew the tune. Her hands clasped over her heart as the soft lilting tune danced, note upon note, high and low, as though it were rain falling against the hard earth. The tempo thrummed at a slow, steady pace like the beat of a drum.

Before long, the woman had an audience, listening to her tune. The song had ended, and there was polite applause. Aynur could hear the clink of coin hitting against coin before her. She bowed her head softly.

“I thank you for your gracious contributions.”

She took the time to thank them before singing again. This time, a lullaby. One that Alkieh had supposedly sung to the children to help him sing.

The song started on long, low notes, they warbled in the air. Creating a feeling of melancholy nostalgia. It was an ambient, sacred song. Her words, whilst in a forgotten language - and unknown tugged at the hearts of those who listened. Her notes danced in resonant, calming words.

Lucifer
12-31-16, 01:09 AM
Lucifer stopped, Amari’s lullaby did not fall onto deaf ears. His forearm slammed against the tree, sending shockwaves through his weak human arm. He bit his hand, and pinched himself. Anything to distract himself from that sirens wicked voice.

“Mama look! Now the crazy man is biting himself.”

Lucifer’s ears perked, his head briskly turning as his eyes fell dead onto the small, chubby girl. Clearly a noble, or upper class brat. Overfed. Spoilt. Amari’s lullaby ringing in his ears. If the world wanted a mad man, he’d give them one. *

Lucifer kept the bag extremely close to him, wrapping the end tightly around his waist as he waltzed over to Anyur. “What the hell do you think you’re fucking singing bitch” He grimaced, a good foot or two away from her.

The girl paused, and tilted her head. “Mmm? A lullaby- wait. Lucifer?” She exclaimed, standing up in shock. She took a step forward, accidently stepping on the small pile of coins she had managed to procure. “Lucifer! Please. I implore you.” She reached out to him, her hands clumsily finding their way to clasp to his shirt. “Please, return the Orb of Alkieh.”

“What’s going on?” a passer-by asked. Another responded. “Seems like that kid has something of hers.”

“Who steals from a blind woman?” Another said indignantly.

“I did not steal from her you fools. The orb belongs to no one! It’s a living soul. And I sure as hell aren’t going to give it back to her just so that some bright tall and gleaming can take her virginity” He really didn’t pick a good time and place.

“So its a lovers quarrel?”

“Hey! If she ain’t interested in you, you should leave her alone!”

Aynur took a step back. “Please, no - do not incriminate him.” She pleaded with the crowd.

“Lovers quarrel? She doesn’t even know my brother!” He yelled back at the crowd.

“Stop!” Aynur's voice was meek. “This is not about love, nor is it a quarrel.” Her blindfolded gaze shifted to Lucifer. “Lucifer…”

“Don’t ever sing that song again, do you understand? Your existence is curse on my soul. You have no knowledge of my people, or what I went through. What those words mean to me. You barely even considered or once questioned what you were force fed, or who those words actually belonged to. You don’t deserve to wear this blindfold of delusion. Come back to me when you bare the same eyes as I do” Lucifer stepped away from her again, hurt and unable to do anything about it.

Aynur
12-31-16, 01:10 AM
The gathering crowd grew to watch the scene unfold. Whispers and murmurs of Lucifer's mentality erupted among them. Insults were thrown his way, and Aynur was deemed the victim in the scenario they had made up amongst themselves.

Aynur could hear the hurt in Lucifers voice, the confusion. She reached out to him, to offer him a comforting hand. Memories of his torture bubbled up to the surface and she hesitated.

The incriminating voices continued, and Aynur shook the pained thoughts from her head. No, if I give into that fear, I am no better than he.

She reached out, placing a steady hand on his shoulder. “I am sorry my songs bring you pain.” She hesitated. “I have never heard that they inspire….such….” She paused. “Negative emotions before. We were taught that the song was Alkieh’s lullaby.” She took a closer step toward him. “Who do you feel they belong to?” She asked.

Lucifer extended out his arm, stopping her from coming any closer. “They’re Amari’s, my sister. The one who actually cared about me.”

“Perhaps Alkieh felt the same love for her as you.” Aynur tried to reason. Even with her blindfold she could feel that he was suffering. He was the embodiment of all she was meant to help, and aid.

She tried to continue but Lucifer cut her off “No! When are you going to understand that he was responsible for what I’ve become! Are you that thick skulled? You’ve never spoken to Alkieh in your life. I lived with him for AEONS! Your existence, your life, is but a speck in my history, a flea on the back of a mammoth. You are nothing.” Lucifer was shaking, his lip quivering as his fist tightened, the grass beneath him began to wilt and lose its bright green luster.

The crowd began to disperse, growing bored with a young man’s childish outbursts. Aynur shifted uncomfortably. The pain in his voice...it sounded as though he were about to break.

“You are correct, Lucifer.” She began, twiddling her fingers. “I am nothing.” She lowered her shoulders and her head. “I was born and raised for the sole purpose of serving Alkieh. The teachings and guidance of the covenant are all I know.” She rose her face to look in his general direction. “I am aware, of how others perceive me, my worth and my intelligence.” Her voice grew in volume, as she gained more confidence in her words.

“Those opinions will not sway me. I live to heal others, and to serve him. Scriptures say he will once again walk this earth again. If you have qualms with him. Perchance you discuss them with him then.” She held out her hand. “Until then, please- allow me to perform my duty.”

Lucifer
12-31-16, 01:12 AM
Lucifer regained his composure. Not at all convinced by her recycling of what was fed to her. It was true after all. “You focus on the trivial, and lose sight of what is important…” He trailed off, not sure if he even knew what he was saying anymore. “Life is full of uncertainty… it’s time you looked inwards and asked yourself the important questions. Who are you, and what do you want?” He paused realising this was the same thing he had said to Amari, he couldn’t stand watching those close to him being controlled. “I’m not going to say this again.. Do not come to me, until you see as I do. When you realise you’ve been living in an illusion, and it has been shattered, you’ll begin to understand. Besides, you forget this is my brother. He belongs with me, no matter how much I hate him, I don’t think he could say the same for me.”

“I do not need to look inward. I may wear a blindfold, but I clearly see two things I desire before me.” She pointed toward him. “One, is to stay by Alkieh. Lucifer. If you insist on holding onto the Orb of Alkieh, than I shall insist on being by your side. Two. To help you.” Her words lingered on the last sentence. “You are worth more than what those memories of the past instill in you.”

Lucifer closed his eyes as a gentle breeze blew his hair across his cold face as if a winter's hush on a snowy day. “Do what you want then. However, you’ll soon come to realise the truth. That destiny does not exist, and yours sure as hell isn’t to be a devout to my asshole of a brother.” Lucifer stepped closer towards her, baffled that someone would go to such lengths for something they didn’t even know was true or not.

He stopped in front of her, collecting her coins and coat. He handed her the coins. Aynur accepted them and struggled to put them in a pouch at her side. “Just letting you know now, that where I’m going and how I’m getting there won't be easy for regular humans.” He enforced, trying to deter her from following him.

Her soft lips lifted upwards in response as she smiled. “I thank you for your concern, Lucifer.” She was not deterred. “We’ll see” He added as he ambled past her, he planned to walk on foot away from the eyes of most people for days on end, there was no way she’d keep up.

Aynur
12-31-16, 01:13 AM
She kept up.

It had been two solid days of walking, and Aynur didn’t complain once. She followed close behind, humming tune after tune to herself. She had been singing, but Lucifer - in one of his fits of rage, scolded her and forced her to stop. He couldn’t stop the humming.

“Lucifer.”

“Hmm?”

“Would you be so kind as to tell me about Amari?”

She had been asking him questions like this constantly since they started in a bid to understand him better. Most he answered, some he avoided. It was close to nightfall, and they’d be stopping for the night soon. She figured she’d get one last answer before he fell into his quiet mopey mode.

Lucifer rubbed the back of his neck, he looked rather irritated at all the questions she kept asking him questions. “Fine.. Amari... “ He paused noticeably for a while, deep in thought.

“Amari was born just before I was, and ‘a just before’ to us is a pretty long time to you guys, but anyway. It was kind of the previous newborns job to look after the new newborn. Since she was third and I was fourth, she was kind of the one who raised me and showed me how to be a proper Ar’Tuel, bringing life to the earth, spreading mana, promoting goodwill and health. All that jazz you praise Alkieh for. We all did it, not just him, which is another reason I’m kind of pissed at him. It seems like he’s taking the credit for everything we’ve done.” He stopped.

Aynur couldn’t help but notice the smaller nuances that others would generally miss. The change in his tone of voice, how his tone softened when he spoke of Amari. Then how it soured, and was filled with vehement for Alkieh. Aynur didn’t enjoy hearing his words against the very deity she revered, but she tried to understand him. “Continue. If you’d ever be so kind.” She murmured.

Lucifer continued. “Amari often sang me that lullaby as I grew into a full spirit, and shared it with many of the spirits and newer creatures at the time, It was a very powerful nurturing song. We used to talk for years at times about the Earth and how fascinating it was to see the Earth evolve, we covered every living plant, every living animal, even different lakes and rock formations. Everything was a grand mystery, and we were continuously trying to figure it all out.”

Lucifer had stopped in his tracks, and Aynur guided them to a small clearing and began to unravel their two sleeping bags. It was due to be a cold night, with a chill in the air. So Aynur, still listening to his story collected nearby sticks and twigs. She did her best to try and make a fire. Her best wasn’t nearly near good enough. So she just sat on her sleeping bag in front of the pile of sticks.

“She sounds lovely.” Aynur said, bringing her knees up to her chest. Wincing slightly as the movement tore at her still healing side. “Her song, if it brings so much to others. Why do you wish to -sneeze- quell it?” She wrinkled her nose and pulled the coat tighter over herself.

Lucifer
12-31-16, 01:16 AM
Lucifer picked up two stones, one being flint, and hit them together over the dry leaves causing a spark and lighting the fire she desperately tried to create. He didn’t actually need to, but he felt the need for some reason. “Because she Isn’t herself right now, and I don’t want anyone to be misinterpreting something I hold so dearly to me. Especially if it means her memory will be tarnished.” He threw the flint across the campfire and watched it meaninglessly be hurled against a nearby tree.

“Did I sing it wrong?” Her head tilted up toward him, her voice questioning him. Her hands outstretched to the fire. “No” He replied. “You just didn’t know her Is all.. You thought it was Alkiehs after all…” Lucifer stared into the open flame, lost in his emotions, being human was more complicated than he imagined.

Aynur’s form slumped during his quiet reflection. She had drifted off to sleep. Beads of sweat glistened on her brow, and her hands clasped her side. It was clear the travelling was taking its toll on her injuries.

Lucifer watched her intently as she slowly fell asleep. “She was loving.. Caring.. Unquestioning… Persistent… Not always understanding, but she tried harder than anyone else did, and understood better than anyone else did.” He gave a defeated smile “Just like you.”

Her response was a slight murmur as she rolled to the side. The loose sleeve of her shirt slipping down and revealing the bare form of her breast. Her body shivered and Aynur shifted uncomfortably in her sleep. He blushed lightly, feeling that same confused feeling as when they were back in that tavern room. “This life isn’t made for me” He mumbled as he rested his face against his forearms as he sat curled up into a ball.

He got up and walked over to her resting body, covering the area that had slipped bare.

As he went to move away, her fingers found their way around his wrists. Seeking more warmth. She murmured, tugging gently on his arm. It was her own stupid fault for not climbing into the sleeping bag before she fell asleep. As she tugged at his arm, he could feel the strings of his heart being pulled. Lucifer let her arm fall, taking off his shirt and covered her with it, he didn’t know how long he could stay around her without becoming human himself.

He’d continue on his own.

Aynur
12-31-16, 01:17 AM
Aynur awoke, rubbing her eyes groggily. “Lucifer. It is dawn.” She blinked, feeling around for her blindfold, but paused. The dark miasma that normally drowned the area when he was around was gone. It was replaced with hues of green and blue, clouded together. Nothing more than her, and the trees around her. She found it and clasped it tightly in her hands as she scrambled to stand up. “Lucifer?” She frantically glanced around. He had left.

He had left and taken the Orb of Alkieh.

She trusted him. She thought they were getting along.

So why? What happened?

“Damn my own foolishness.” She whispered. She was in a dire predicament. She was alone, deep within a forest she was not familiar with. She had little food, and little clothing. The briefest thought ran through her mind. Did he intend for me to die out here?

She rose her head and that’s when she noticed it. The slightest tinges of darkness along the horizon. For once, she wrapped the blindfold around her wrist instead of her eyes. Her vision was poor, she couldn’t control her oracle sight yet, but she had a goal.

Aynur stumbled toward. Her heart beating fast. She was afraid. She was fearful she had lost The Orb of Alkieh. She was afraid she would perish out here. Most of all, she was afraid she wouldn’t be able to help anyone else, or even Lucifer for that matter.

Her icy blue eyes squinted. It looked as though the dark aura was...getting bigger? No… They were separating, and coming at her quickly.

“More than…one?” Aynur questioned, taking a few hesitant steps back. The blurs grew closer, and split, each shifting to one side of her. Aynur whipped her head around, chocolate hair following suit. Then, she heard the voices. Speaking in words she didn’t understand. They sounded excited - giddy.

“H-hello? I am looking for Lucifer, perchance have you seen him?” Aynur called out. The chatter stopped. Aynur felt a feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach. “I do not wish to intrude…” She followed suit, her voice wavering.

There was laughter, loud, shrill maniacal laughter.

There was a sudden burning sensation from the mid of her back. Aynur went to pull away, the first few seconds of her scream pierced the forest and shifted the birds from their branches. It was stilled by a hand which covered her mouth. A voice tickled her ear - more words she did not understand. The burning sensation continued to ebb at her back.

The blurry visage of another approached. As it drew closer she could make out the features. He was an old man in his what looked like sixties, he had a grizzled grey beard but black slick hair, his eyes looked as though they were black. He was a little on the heavy side. The same dark engulfing aura that surrounded Lucifer had surrounded him. The sense of dread in the pit of her stomach grew.

“Was this...just a ploy to bring me here?” She asked, wrenching her mouth free from the hand.

The man shrugged, “Probably. Why else would you be left here?” He reached out and raked his fingers across her right arm. Thin trails of blood erupted from the cuts that formed on her arm. He noted the bandage. “Looks like he’s already gotten to you. How kind of him to bestow you to our...care.”

The other figure was a woman, she gave a laugh at the man’s words. She had flowing long orange hair, and pale skin dotted with freckles. Both wore black cloaks with a symbol on their backs, a setting sun with an eye inside.

“Dante!” The woman spoke in clear Tradespeak now, and Aynur had a feeling it was purely to instill fear within her. “We gonna kill her here? Or have some fun?”

“Fun, of course.”

The reply illicit more giggles from the woman. She pushed Aynur over and straddled her back. Aynur tried to scream again but the woman’s fingers wrapped tightly around Aynur’s throat. “Hush, hush little pretty!” She squeezed tighter. Aynur tried to make a sound but she made raspy gasps.

“Don’t kill her Alicia.” Dante warned, watching as Aynur struggled beneath his partner. Alicia laughed as she leaned in close. “I want to see it brother! I want to see the fear in her itty bitty human bloodshot eyes!” She grinned at Aynur and pressed her lips to Aynur’s cheek. “Such a pretty, pretty thing.”

Aynur gasped again, her struggles growing weaker. Her eyes fluttered close. At that point Dante gently pushed Alicia off. “Let’s take her back to Evol Cave.”

Lucifer
12-31-16, 01:18 AM
Lucifer wondered if he had made the right decision to leave her in the woods alone. She probably felt betrayed in a way, but he told her flat out that she wasn’t going to be able to keep up. Lucifer sighed as he head towards the cave of Evol, maybe he didn’t need to go all the way to Dheathain, he was sure Dante and the others would keep the orb safe.

Dante smiled as they bound Aynur to the order of the dusks round table, they had an array of tools just waiting to dig into her. Lucifer had taught them himself the best ways to keep someone awake while torturing people, and the most painful areas to prod. Dante in particular loved it. Alicia was more on the sexual side, preferring to inflict pain while pleasuring herself at the same time. Elijah on the other hand, was still not comfortable with it. He hadn’t been abused as long as Dante or Alicia for sure, his soul had darkened, but there was still a warm orange light inside him.

“Let’s begin, shall we?” Dante smirked as he picked up a scalpel. Alicia frowned “Let me have my fun with her first, you always mess them up too much before I get a turn” Elijah walked into the meeting room and was shocked with horror. “D-do you guys really have to do that in here?” Dante laughed “Oh come on Elijah, you need to learn what you need to if you want Lucifer to keep you safe. He’s the reason we’re still alive. You wouldn’t disgrace him would you?”

Alicia smiled wolfishly. “That’s right Eli, you don’t want to disappoint Lucifer, he saved you. Don’t you want to impress him?” Elijah fidgeted, he was grateful to Lucifer, but he wasn’t going to harm an innocent girl. Dante sensed his emotions of doubt “Look at her Elijah, Lucifer has already had his way with her. She burnt by his touch, she been cut by his knife!” Dante grinned “She must have escaped. So we’ll finish what he started.” Dante walked over to Elijah with a loving arm and put it over his shoulder while handing him the scalpel “Here, why don’t you have the honour this time.”

Elijah’s stomach churned *as Dante gently pushed him towards Aynurs restrained body, scalpel shaking in his hand. “I don’t know what to do..” He mumbled. Dante shook his shoulder as if he were his best pal “Let me guide your hand, it’s quite easy. The scalpel is very sharp”

Aynur had no way of knowing what they spoke about, as they talked in their native tongue. Her eyes lingered on Elijah. “You still have light deep in your core.” Elijah froze as his hand hovered over her fingers, the scalpel dangling inches away from her finger nails. “I.. do?” He spurted nervously. Dante grimaced “Sorry about that Elijah, I forgot these things talked, I’ll gag her for you just you wait a moment” Dante walked off into the cave to fetch a gag. Alicia took that as a cue to have some fun. “Ooh don’t worry little one.. It’ll be over before you know it. Whats a few hours of pain to a life time?” She licked her cheek before kissing her deeply, her tongue swimming in her mouth. “Mm you’re tasty. It’s a shame Dante will be back soon”

Aynur’s body shook, she was afraid. Still she spoke to Elijah. “You do - it aches. The darkness that *surrounds you all is suffocat-immffph.” She fiidgeted beneath Alicia, trying to wrench her lips away from hers. *

Dante returned with gag and a boyish smile on his face “Lets begin!”

Precisely one hour passed as Dante and Alicia guided Elijah in the torturing on Aynur, luckily for Aynur he was new to it and so he did a pretty crappy job while dragging it out longer than he needed it to. He had enough, and began to sob in the corner of the cave.

Lucifer had finally arrived. Dante ducked out under the entrance of the cave, greeting Lucifer with a wry smile. He slicked his hair back with bloodstained hands. His face covered in dots of blood and beads of sweat. “Welcome back brother.” He offered Lucifer a wink, “Thanks for the gift by the way. Shame she wasn’t stronger.” Lucifer’s eyes widened for a moment “A gift? A shame?” He repeated to Dante. “Hold onto this..” He spoke in an urgent tone as he rushed into the cave, handing the bag to Dante.

Aynur lay on the table, her arms and legs spread out into a wide star. If she had been bound, they no longer felt it necessary. Her blood pooled on the table. Her once long, silken brown hair had been pulled from her head in chunks and littered the table, swimming in her own vitae. Her body stained with burnt flesh, cuts and bruises.

Upon closer inspection, a few of her fingers had been snapped, and bone jutted out from her joints. Her fingernails had been ripped off of each nail. Sloppy work, some of them still hung from bits of torn flesh.

Her face, more so her eyes had been gouged and were nothing more than a pair of blood soaked, broken orbs. The scratch marks tore deep into her flesh. In downward strokes from just above her eyebrows.

Her parted lips were swollen and bruised, and two of her teeth sat next to her face. Molars which had been ripped from her. Bite marks littered her breasts and areolas.

Her chest rose and fell, but her breathing was faint.

Lucifer stared at the mess, his red eyes mirroring the shade that covered their alter. Dante must have been behind this, but the job was too sloppy to be his. Lucifer's head turned to Elijah, sobbing in the corner of the room. This was Lucifers fault, or was it.. He told her not to get involved. This was the price she paid. He walked over to Elijah and put a hand on his head, ruffling his hair “It’s ok Elijah, none of this is on you” He lifted him up and gave him a tender hug “Go wash up, try and calm down” Elijah nodded and off deeper into the cave before being engulfed into darkness. Lucifer walked back to her, a look of extreme disappointment etched into his face “I told you this would happen. I’m not taking responsibility for your foolishness”

Dante grinned at his master “Are you pleased lord Lucifer? I had to take over for the last ten minutes but I guided Elijah the best I could.” Lucifer frowned “Not particularly. We do not force our brothers to become this. They must choose it of their own free will. We are not to become like humans, we are above them. You know this Dante” Dante seemed offended, but he understood very well, and so did Alicia. The two had become worse than the humans themselves, they gave into their bodies temptations, Alicia for lust, and Dante for wrath. In all honesty Lucifer wasn’t sure what they had become. They didn’t even bare the same soul he did. Theirs wasn’t an aching red. They were a writhing black.

Lucifer winced as he noticed they had broken her finger tips after ripping the nails from her flesh. Dante responded “I do. But you know what we went through because of these pitiful creatures. They all deserve a slow and painful death. Each and every one of them!” Lucifer raised his hand “Enough, Dante. I named you, I taught you the ways, I got your revenge. If we’re doing this. We’re doing it my way. Understood?” Dante reluctantly nodded, visibly enraged. “Good.” Lucifer lowered his hand, and gave a sympathetic look towards Elijahs direction. “I will allow Elijah to reconcile”

Lucifer followed Elijah down the caves hallway, heading towards the natural spring. He called out to him “Elijah, you’re needed” Elijah looked up to Lucifer with pained eyes as he sat in the spring, not wanting to hurt her anymore. “You are to heal her to the best of your ability, understood?” Elijah lit up with a smile and jumped out of the water “Once that’s done I will no longer ask anything else from you. You’ll find your own path.” Elijah stopped and looked at Lucifer puzzled. “You’re kicking me out? I want to help you Lucifer..” Lucifer smirked “I know Elijah, but you’re conflicted, and I understand why. So I am letting you decide your own destiny. Now go heal her before she dies.” Elijah had more questions but Lucifer was right, he had to heal her, and fast.

Elijah ran into the room, still in the nude from being in the spring. “I'm here now… I'm so sorry” Elijah pleaded, he reached out to her hands and began the healing process, since his soul had been steeped into corruption from the torture, it wasn’t nearly as effective as it should have been. But slowly her fingers began to come back together. He focused intently as his light flickered, clearly struggling to keep the corruption at bay.

Aynur’s chest rose, as she struggled to take a deep breath. Her hand reached out to Elijah and her still broken fingers gently pressed against the skin of his arm. She began to sing again. Amari’s lullaby. Her voice cracked, and broken. It was heartbreaking to listen to. The song already had a sad melody, but having it sung by a dying woman choking on her own blood…

Lucifer could hear singing coming from the altar room, Amari’s lullaby, Aynur’s vice torn and broken. It pained Lucifer greatly, more than anything he ever heard before. He collapsed to the floor, his back to the cave wall, Anyur’s melody echoing through the halls. The other Ar’Tuel were rather young unlike the elders, and so they weren’t around to hear Amari’s lullaby like he did. Dante grunted, disgusted by Lucifer, disgusted by Elijah, and disgusted at the feeble woman laying limp on their altar. She should be dead. But, on the other hand, this just meant he could torture her again in the future. Dante revelled in that though. She did have such an elegant scream. Alicia was completely turned off at this point and had already head out of the cave to look for some ‘fun’.

The grueling song continued…

Aynur
12-31-16, 01:18 AM
Elijah’s shivering hands shifted toward Aynur’s bleeding mouth, and that’s when the song finally ended. She could feel faint tendrils of warmth lick at her skin, but it did little to alleviate the pain that paralysed her body.

Elijah’s fingers danced over the deep cuts in her eyes, they were the last part of her body he needed to heal. Aynur flinched. Fearing that for a moment, he’d go back to clawing at her flesh. Instead, that same light danced across her torn eyelids. “I...I...I can’t…..” He stuttered. Seeing that her eyes were not recovering. “Your eyes….” Elijah slumped forward, and Aynur could feel his forehead pressed against her bruised side. She heard pain and regret in his sobs. “I can’t heal your sight. Your eyes were so beautiful...and now they’re...they’re..I’m so sorry. So Sorry…”

Dante scoffed from across the room “They’re as they should be.”

“What gives YOU the right to decide that?” Elijah shot back. “I’m not like you!”

Dante grinned, “Oh, but you’re the one who tore her eyes out.”

Aynur’s body ached. She felt dizzy and lightheaded. Her throat hoarse from relentless screaming. She wanted to tell Elijah that it was ok. That her sight wasn’t that great to begin with. The colours that marked the aura of the living things around her still swirled in front of her, she still had the Oracles Sight. That was something.

Her lips parted and she breathed out soundless words. She winced as she tried to shift her arm. It ached, the cuts barely scabbed over. Aynur wanted to run her fingers through Elijah’s hair and reassure him. She was in great physical pain, but it hurt her heart to see someone so deeply seeded in regret. She found that she couldn’t move her fingers. They still were mangled, broken. Her hand rested gingerly on his back.

Elijah knew she was reaching out to him. The part that hurt him the most was that he could feel what she felt. He wasn’t as good at it as Lucifer or Dante, but he could feel it well enough. He wondered how Dante and Lucifer could live with a clear conscious knowing how hurt and torn she was.. It wasn’t right. Elijah turned carefully and knelt beside her, staying close to her, not wanting to give Dante a chance to prey on her while she was weak. He began to pray, reciting his own song, the one of peace that he used to sing over war torn countries. His voice was croaky, feeling the giant lump in his throat suffocate him. It wouldn’t bring peace today, but he wanted so badly to be normal again.. And so passionately he sang.

Aynur stared up at what she assumed was the ceiling, listening to Elijah. Or...trying to. The pain began to bubble up again and it dulled her senses, she struggled to focus on any one thing. It felt like she wasn’t even there. She wasn’t anything. She was just here, and all that she had to accompany her was the pain.

Her heart ached, stinging with sorrow, betrayal and regret. What was the point in fighting it? She tried hard to understand Lucifer, and in turn - she was handed over to the people who worked for him. Was this what it was like to help others? Was this her fate? To be subjected to such abuse and torture?

Her chest rose and fell with steady breathing, she was alive, but her mind was on the verge of breaking.

Lucifer
12-31-16, 01:19 AM
Lucifer heard her singing stop and looked up to the roof of the cave, a tear rolling down the side of his cheek. Was this the sorrow of humans? He slowly picked himself up and wiped the side of his face before heading back towards the altar. He stopped before entering, listening to Elijahs song of peace. He smiled softly before walking into the room, relieved to find Aynor was still alive. “Thank you Elijah..” He said softly before walking to Dante. “You have that bag I gave you, correct?” Dante nodded and handed it back to Lucifer, he had been too busy with Aynur to notice what was inside.

“If you don’t mind Dante I'm going to have to ask you and Alicia to go to site A for the time being. Salvar is a waste of time. Everyone here Is just killing themselves anyway. I need intel on other areas. I’ll do what I must here.” Lucifer tried to make it sound convincing, while staying true to his words, this is what made it difficult to ever question Lucifer, he would always say something that aligned with his feelings but hid his true intentions. “Fine” Dante muttered. “What are you going to do with the girl” He slid in. Lucifer tilted his head, surprised Dante would try to pry. “That’s not of your concern Dante”

“Why should you have all the fun with her? What makes her special?” Dante shot back. Lucifer glared at him, maybe Ar’Tuel weren’t any better.. Or these counterfeit Ar’Tuel at least, it ticked him off. “Dante, don’t make me repeat myself. Leave. Now.” Lucifer snarled at Dante, he wouldn’t have any disobedience from him. Dante gave one final glare at Lucifer before glancing over at Aynur. “She’s broken anyway.” He muttered, leaving Lucifer and Elijah alone.

There was silence for a few minutes before Elijah spoke up. “Broken? W-What does he mean by that?”

Lucifer glanced over at Aynurs body. “What does it look like Elijah” Lucifer shook his head, his white hair waving gently side to side. “There’s little we can do for her now. She needs to recover on her own at this point… I hope you make it.. Aynur..” Lucifer towered over her body, dwindling on the edge of no return. “We should probably get her into the spring.. It should soothe the pain and allow her body to heal.”

“Why isn’t she responding?” Elijah asked. Lucifer gave him a blank stare “I wasn’t here when it happened but I’m pretty sure it’s because she was tortured for a good hour or so Elijah. She’s close to death. It will be a miracle if she survives.” Elijah curled up into a ball, visibly shaken by the harsh reality. “It will be awhile before she’ll be able to speak again. It’s not just her body… but her mental strength has been tested and taxed. Humans are fragile Elijah, they can’t take trauma like we can. Some throw fits of rage because they didn’t get the food they wanted for dinner. Humans are both physically weak, and mentally weak.”

Aynur didn’t respond. Her hand twitched, and she breathed - the only signs that she was still alive in there, somewhere. Lucifer got Elijah to help him move her body into the spring so that her body could relax, then he called for his dusk ravens, and sent for Amari.

He didn’t want to, but something compelled him to keep Aynur Alive.

Rayleigh
12-31-16, 09:07 AM
Thread: Fool me once... (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?31661-Fool-me-once)
Authors: Lucifer (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?18837-Lucifer) & Aynur (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?18839-Aynur)
Type: No Judgment

Congratulations!

Lucifer receives 485 EXP and 70 GP.
Aynur receives 405 EXP and 55 GP.

Rayleigh
12-31-16, 09:10 AM
All EXP and GP have been added!