PDA

View Full Version : Althies 2017 Podcast

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-02-17, 03:34 AM
To celebrate the Althies and discuss the nominations and nominees that were voted for by you, our glorious member base, myself and Cards of Fate will be hosting a special podcast which we plan to record on Sunday.

Stay tuned for a wide ranging discussion on the members, their work and their achievements in 2016!

If anyone has any questions for us, or messages of support or congratulations for the nominees, post them below!

EDIT:

Episode link here!

The Althies 2016/17 (https://soundcloud.com/user-722641131/althanas-podcast-the-althies-201617)

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-02-17, 10:32 AM
Do you need a producer whose recording equipment won't screw up and lose the show? ;)

Rayleigh
01-02-17, 12:16 PM
Aw yay! Can't wait!

pretty-little-red
01-02-17, 12:39 PM
So excited I have missed these!!!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-02-17, 12:49 PM
Do you need a producer whose recording equipment won't screw up and lose the show? ;)

If it's any consolation, your episode will forever be considered the Lost Episode of the Shinquisition. Many will seek it but no one will ever find it. Your place in legend is assured.

But, yeah, that would be great.

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-02-17, 12:58 PM
Just let me know when you two are recording, and I'll be ready. I have Saturday off, so any time should be good for me.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-02-17, 01:41 PM
Thanks Andy. We were originally looking at Sunday as it is a day we are both off. Does that work or shall I talk to Cards about rearranging?

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-02-17, 01:44 PM
Sunday's fine, I'm generally free that day too.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-02-17, 02:56 PM
Smashing. Good man :)

pretty-little-red
01-02-17, 03:12 PM
I am so excited I could cry!!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-02-17, 05:02 PM
I'm really hoping it will be awesome.

pretty-little-red
01-02-17, 05:04 PM
It's gonna be epic lovely!

FennWenn
01-02-17, 06:32 PM
This'll be great~! <3

Mari
01-02-17, 07:10 PM
Yes yes. looking forward to it

Rayse Valentino
01-04-17, 08:10 AM
When on Sunday? Can I show up?

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-04-17, 09:01 AM
When on Sunday? Can I show up?

This is a special Althies podcast but the Shinquisition / Britcast podcasts will be starting again the week after if you can hang on until then. In the meantime why not do a bit of writing about the forum? I'd be happy to do a thread with you if you want to get into the swing of things again.

Rayse Valentino
01-05-17, 11:24 AM
This is a special Althies podcast but the Shinquisition / Britcast podcasts will be starting again the week after if you can hang on until then. In the meantime why not do a bit of writing about the forum? I'd be happy to do a thread with you if you want to get into the swing of things again.

Alright man, honestly I just wanted to hang out. If you don't want me on this podcast that's fine, I was just saying it doesn't have to be interview format, if I could just drop in to chat it would be nice. I have nobody to talk about writing with, and sometimes typing words isn't enough. Even people I used to send IMs to are all gone. Would it be possible to hang out soon? I can record it if need be, my only request is an hour or two of your time.

Are you available today 6pm your time? 7pm? 8pm? 9pm? 10pm?

Tomorrow 1pm? 2pm? 3pm? 4pm? 5pm? 6pm? 7pm? 8pm? 9pm? 10pm?
Saturday 1pm? 2pm? 3pm? 4pm? 5pm? 6pm? 7pm? 8pm? 9pm? 10pm?
Sunday 1pm? 2pm? 3pm? 4pm? 5pm? 6pm? 7pm? 8pm? 9pm? 10pm?

Kryos
01-05-17, 12:01 PM
Yey! A podcast! Awesome!

(turns back to paying attention to Gastrointestinal Histology lecturer)

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-05-17, 12:04 PM
Alright man, honestly I just wanted to hang out. If you don't want me on this podcast that's fine, I was just saying it doesn't have to be interview format, if I could just drop in to chat it would be nice. I have nobody to talk about writing with, and sometimes typing words isn't enough. Even people I used to send IMs to are all gone. Would it be possible to hang out soon? I can record it if need be, my only request is an hour or two of your time.

You know what man? Let's do it. Lemme see what my schedule is like tomorrow. I"ll be back in touch.

Tobias Stalt
01-05-17, 06:24 PM

This thirsty ass shit.

What.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-08-17, 05:48 PM
Well guys, recording went well. :)

I've just finished a brief edit of the podcast, which will be compiled in about ten minutes and uploaded to Soundcloud for your listening pleasure.

A few apologies first:

- My internet decided to be selfish and cut off midway through the podcast. Luckily, I didn't lose the recording so we managed to carry on and hopefully my editing was good enough to paper over the cracks.

- My voice was quite dreary in this one owing to illness (and being dosed up on meds) and I was coughing a lot. I've edited out what I can but apologies if it becomes annoying.

Other than that I want to thank Fred for being a terrific co-host and hope you guys enjoy our waffle!

Remember - get out there and vote!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-08-17, 06:03 PM
The podcast is live!

You can access it here: The Althies 2016/17 (https://soundcloud.com/user-722641131/althanas-podcast-the-althies-201617).

Please bear in mind, as it has just been uploaded, it may take a while for the full podcast to be processed. If in doubt, leave it an hour and come back!

We hope you enjoy our episode!

For ease of reference I will edit the first post of the thread and paste the link there too.

Gum
01-08-17, 09:28 PM
Really good podcast. You guys are a dino might pair. Fascinating listening to a couple of people who really believe in and support and engage in this community. The little bit about the LCC was interesting, I missed it in 2016 and I was sad to miss it. I would love to take part in 2017's version. The XP calc stuff was a cool insight too.

Ty 4 the content gaiz!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-09-17, 05:15 AM
You're welcome Gum! I do love to do these casts. Although next time i'll pick a time when i'm not spluttering down the mic as much.

Storm Veritas
01-09-17, 11:34 AM
Great job on this one! I definitely made some mistakes on the nominations, such is life of someone very active on the board but very quiet in the chat space.

Was really funny hearing Shin campaign against himself in the category vs. Redford.

Also, as a super biased party, I was very happy to get a little publicity for the LCC. That was a big effort that a lot of people worked hard to pull off, and when it ended it felt like no one noticed.

FennWenn
01-09-17, 12:55 PM
As someone who wasn't around for the LCC, it was interesting getting to hear about it! <3 I liked this podcast~.

Flames of Hyperion
01-09-17, 03:12 PM
Very much enjoyed this podcast! Don't worry so much, Shin, your 'spluttering' didn't bother me at all (barely noticed it, in fact!).