PDA

View Full Version : Missing Art (Open by PM)

Morris
04-04-06, 12:12 PM
The young lad sat in his cell wondering what was going to happen to him. He had agreed to help some traveling merchants find their stolen art. His good intentions had landed him in the cellar of some wealthy duke. He now faced the possibility of the gallows. He would not even receive the freedom of a trail. His fate rested in the hands of the duke whose house he had broken into. Even if he did escape from the prison his commander back in Corone would surely here of the Coronian soldier that broke into Duke Kilij’s estate and escaped from prison. His life seemed no longer seemed to hang by a thread; it now seemed his life hand been cut off from the thread.

He looked around at the other unfortunate prisoners that had helped him. It was his fault they were here. He had led them to their doom. It was one thing to ruin your own life, but it was an entirely different thing to ruin someone else’s life. Guilt swelled in his stomach, as he knew no matter what happened he was responsible for their whatever happened to them.

He thought back to the merchants who had sent them on the suicide mission. He felt anger towards them for his own fate as well as his companion’s. He knew it was his own fault, but he would much rather pass the blame to them. They should have heard by now that their agents had failed. They would probably leave them to swing from the rope that claims so many fragile lives.

Addled
04-04-06, 02:54 PM
((OOC: Wrath=Red, Giddy=Gold, Doze=Grey, Grief=Blue, Root=Green))

The youth paced back and forth in his tiny jail cell that he was confined to. It had been nearly an entire day since he had seen the sun, and it was starting to affect him. Skyler was not like normal teens. The abuse he had suffered as a child had addled his brain. Being locked up for hours brought him to the brink of insanity.

His minds were beginning to haunt him. He felt like he might explode at any moment. They jeered him on trying to get him to lose it so that one of them might gain control. It was torturing to watch him struggling with himself.

"Look what you did! This is all your fault. You’re useless, worthless. Do you hear me? You’re nothing!”

"Silence, Wrath! There is nothing we can do about it now. You know what they are going to do to us don’t you. They will hang us without a second thought. We broke into a duke’s house. We will swing for sure.”

"You’re not helping either. We must remain hopeful, or we will go insane.”

“I am already going insane!” Sky yelled forgetting others could hear him, “I am hearing voices. Is that not the first sign of insanity?” He started banging his head against the bars of his cage while others looked on in confusion. “Why won’t you leave me alone, you demons?”

Morris
04-15-06, 09:20 AM
Morris and everyone else in the room sat transfixed watching the young boy pace around in his rather small confinement. Some were mumbling jokes about him, as he was shaking his head. Other looked concerned, as if what he had were contagious and they might catch it. Morris felt shame, because it had been he who had landed the poor kid in jail.

Before long the boy was crying out in his cell. Banging his head against the cell walls, he confirmed what everyone else was thinking, “I am already going insane! I am hearing voices. Is that not the first sign of insanity? Why won’t you leave me alone, you demons?”

The others who had been with Morris when they got busted were now staring at him. Their glares burned Morris’s skin as he could here their thoughts, “This is all your fault.” He had not only caused his entire party to be thrown in jail but had also caused a poor young mind to go insane.

When Morris thought things were hopeless one of the guards passed by his cell and threw something in. He picked it up in confusion. It looked like a weirdly shaped key. He hopped up and asked the guard, “What is this?”

“Consider it a ‘universal’ key from a mutual friend. Your weapons and junk are down there to the right,” he said pointing past the long line of cells, “I will join you there. You might want to hurry; I don’t think the little one can last much longer.

Osato
06-29-06, 12:54 PM
Closed and moved due to inactivity for over two months. PM me if you wish for this to be reopened and moved back, but only if you are going to actively complete the thread. Thank you.

~Osato