PDA

View Full Version : Balancing The Scales

Saxon
11-21-06, 02:52 PM
Well folks, I think its time for a little bit of truth and a lot of change. I've come to the conclusion through a lot of trial and error that I just don't belong here :(. Now I came to this realization not out of emotion, in fact I've probably spent the better part of a few good months giving this decision some thought. My work here hasn't been something that I would call a success. I wouldn't say a monumental failure either, but it has been interesting ;).

My rationale for this descision is simply what I have to show for it. It took me a better part of when I started here, perhaps a year or two ago, that this form of writing doesn't suit me. Worse yet, I've wasted a lot of time concocting ideas and tracing lines in the sand only to have it wash away by my own accord. I realize this is a fault of my own and nobody elses. I simply haven't had the ambition it takes to complete something I would call a success on this site. But, I've given it time and I realize the possibility that I can't write in this format or I just don't want to.

But, enough about that, thats not why I'm writing this farewell. During my time on this site, I've wronged a lot of people here, and this serves as a public apology to those who suffered from it and those who had to sit and read it. My behavior had sunk to a level that I myself ashamed of, sought new account names in order to begin anew. Not once, not twice, but four times. It took me awhile to realize I can change my identity but I can't change something I'm not willing to face.

The fact remains that I've been ruining my credibility a lot more then helping it, and this is why I'm taking responsibility for it. Its time for me to grow up, fess up and move on. I apologize to everyone here for my rude exchange of conversation, my pompous attitude, and the self-fed bullshit I've been spewing at people for these past few years.

All right, now that that is over, I want to end this on a better note then what I came in with. I've been amazed with the dedication of the people who grease the wheels of this place and make it what it is. Although Althanas has never recieved my best, it has always been dishing out enough to keep me hooked. This workshop, fantasy, and roleplaying site all rolled into one has sparked creativity in not only me but many of the others here.

I suppose its ironic that I came here thinking I've had it all figured out, but I was wrong. Not only in writing, but public opinion and debates. I've spoken a lot of these false truths of mine and a lot of you gave me little rein to have the last word, and for that I thank you. The people of Althanas have made me build a better person that I was and helped me find the open-mindedness that I sought for the roughest of times.

Thanks for everything.

Ciao,

- Saxon, Ozmodious, Shaman, Sirus, Eric

Letho
11-21-06, 04:31 PM
Well, regardless of the disputes you might've had with some of the members, it's still a shame that Althanas doesn't cut it for you. I remember reading and commenting on something of yours written by Saxon. It was definitely good stuff, different. But if you don't find true joy in writing then it becomes another tiresome chore, and that's not the idea of this place. So, I'm going to say farewell and good luck with your writing in the future.

Cyrus the virus
11-21-06, 05:51 PM
That's too bad, and I can't say I support your reasons for leaving, but it's not exactly up to me. Good luck, then, and come back if you feel like it ;)

The Madd Hatter
11-21-06, 06:45 PM
Farewell for what I hope isn't the last time, Sirus. I was hoping you would stay and learn with me.

~Urei.

AdventWings
11-22-06, 12:03 AM
:(

I'm sorry you feel that Althanas doesn't feel like a place you want to stay. At least, though, I am glad that you have found inner resolve and strength from your experience here. Here's wishing you well and have fun with your newfound revelation. Hope to see you again sometimes, even if it's not on Althanas.