PDA

View Full Version : Behind Blue Eyes

Lucifer
01-15-17, 12:25 AM
Before leaving the cave of Evol, Lucifer had planned to go to the outlands, but after the recent turn of events he wasn’t sure what he was doing. Now he wanted to go through Alerar, and see what the Dark elves had to offer. As the humans did not impress him at all. Aynur had followed him obediently the whole way through, and now he was letting her rest.

Aynur groaned, her hands clasping her heaving chest. “The corset is too tight. Please, loosen it some more, if it doesn’t trouble you.” Lucifer looked over at her. Her cheeks were flush, and she did seem to be having difficulty breathing. Beads of sweat formed on the curves of her breast, he watched one form then trickle down into her cleavage. She was blissfully unaware of her body.

Lucifer had not noticed either how alluring the form of the human body could be, but now he was face to face with someone he both hated and cared for. Her request may just be too much.. No, what was he saying. He wasn’t going to fall for temptation. “Amari must have put it on too tight..” He mumbled as he crawled over to past the camp-fire.

“It did not feel this tight…” She breathed, and her chest heaved. Lucifer cursed the human body. “When it was first put on.”

Lucifer swallowed and couldn’t help but stare. “Maybe you just didn’t notice till now?” He placed his hands on the corset, feeling the shape of her figure and how tight it was. His eyes trailed up and down her body as his fingers pried underneath the threads of her corset which had bound it tightly to her body. “I'm sorry If I’m a little fidgety.. I don’t really know how these things work.” Her body radiated more heat than the campfire behind him as the smell of her sweat intoxicated his mind. His fingers fumbled around her chest as he tried his hardest to loosen it but it was as if Amari didn’t want it ever coming off. Lucifer grunted as he tried his hardest before pulling at the lower string which unravelled the top layer giving her much more breathing space, and also opened her cleavage up. Lucifer swallowed hard “How does that feel..?” He struggled out.

Her milky shoulders rolled back, and he couldn’t help but notice the shimmer of sweat on her skin, nor the scars that still marred parts of her body. “Yes.” She said simply with an exhale. “Thank you, Lucifer.”

Lucifer frowned, “You’re welcome…” Now that he noticed the scars he had left on her, he felt a deep aching sadness in his heart. The kind that only regret brings. Lucifer's eyes shifted to the material bandaged around her face, it was a shame that this was her chosen path, especially because of what he had to do.

Why do my thoughts treat me so fickle? He sighed.

Aynur
01-15-17, 12:26 AM
Aynur shifted, feeling relieved she could breathe again. She arched her back and stretched her arms out wide in front of her. Interlacing her fingers together. The warmth of the fire prickled her skin. Aynur shifted away from Lucifers hands, which still danced along her shoulders.

She fumbled, trying to find her own sleeping bag. Blindly touching the ground before her. After shifting forward several inches she found it, and proceeded to sit atop it. She swivelled her body back to where she assumed Lucifer was sitting, but she was off by a few feet.

Aynur would be lying if she said she didn’t have regrets, having met the man she was now bound to travel with. If she had never bumped into him, she’d have her sight. She’d have the Orb of Alkieh, and she’d be nestled comfortably within a quiet inn somewhere. Still, these were the tests that had been given to her. She had endured great pains, and had lost the ability to see. She had not, and would not, however - lose her faith.

“Lucifer, has the sun set yet?”

Lucifer had been watching her as she moved away, smirking ever so slightly. “It is dusk.”

“Dusk….” The word fell from her lips, laced with a reminiscing regret. She tilted her head up toward the sky. “I so loved the colours of the sky as the sun rose, and set...it felt as if the days themselves wanted to wrap you up in a lingering warmth.”

Lucifer was silent.

Aynur bit her lower lip, feeling a little out of place with the silence. He’d often fall quiet during their rests, but the familiarity didn’t make her feel any more comfortable. She could hear the wind rustle leaves, and the faint sound of chittering creatures not too far off. She gathered that he had lead them into a forest, for shelter whilst they slept. She wasn’t entirely sure where he was going, but as long as he held the orb of Alkieh, she’d be going with him.

The fire popped, and Aynur jumped. She felt the top she wore shift downward, and Aynur fumbled to pull it back up. It was a rather inconvenient and uncomfortable thing.

“Lucifer. I do hate to be a bother, but may I ask something?” She paused before continuing. “When we arrive in the next town, may you please aid me in purchasing something more comfortable to wear?”

Lucifer raised an eyebrow. “What type of person do you assume I am, Aynur?”

Her head lowered and she began to fidget with her hands again, picking bits of dirt out from underneath her long, neatly kept nails. The words he used, the incredulous tone of his voice. His answer was a no. Disheartened, all Aynur could do was offer him a small smile. “One who does not have time for such trivial things.”

Lucifer shook his head, rather humored at her answer “No. Honestly. Though, that answer does say quite a bit.”

Aynur shifted to climb into the sleeping bag, “As promised Lucifer, I will refrain from complaining, to the best of my abilities.” She wasn’t entirely happy - but she was taught not to voice such things. Aynur was also slightly fearful that if she did question him further, it’d warrant another burn, another cut.

“I see. Goodnight, Lucifer.” She mumbled, her tone defeated. Aynur rolled over as if to sleep, but how could she? She was wide awake, feeling discomfort. Feeling hurt.

At times like this, she’d find comfort in the stars and the night sky, or in the orb of Alkieh - but the man who sat mere metres away from her - had taken both things away.

Lucifer
01-15-17, 12:28 AM
Lucifer realised he might have phrased his words wrong because her response was completely opposite to what he had hoped for. Lucifer threw himself against his sleeping bag and stared up into the sky, watching how the stars shone with brilliance, asking for nothing, yet giving always out to those that observed it. The stars weren’t greedy, they weren’t judgemental, they just shone, and shone, forever, no matter the adversity faced on the Earth. Could he be like them? Surely not.

Lucifer wasn’t tired, he shifted uncomfortably in the sleeping bag and sat up, tossing it to the side. “Tch, how annoying. How do people sleep in these.” He stood and stretched allowing his physical body to loosen slightly. Lucifer was slowly becoming more aware of himself but his current bodily neglect had caused the once pristine body to become entirely stiff and littered with bruises. He wish he knew how to attune his Ar’Tuel spirit properly with his body, however it seemed difficult enough to keep the corruption in check well enough so that his body didn’t splinter with dark cascades, like Amari began to show signs of.

He watched Aynur as she slept, her innocence was something he both wanted to protect and destroy, but only because of how naive she was. Lucifer kicked at the bag holding the orb, pushing it into the back of his sleeping back. “Stay put, you” He growled at Alkieh. He knew the orb was fully containing him and he probably couldn’t hear him, but it felt good to take his frustration out on what he liked to imagine his brothers head.

Lucifer began a perimeter run to make sure they weren’t being stalked. He had learnt the ‘hard’ way to always watch his back when stopping for the night. He and Dante had been ambushed by some of the dragon cultists who wanted revenge for the murder of Dante’s captive. However Dante’s soul seeped with an unparalleled anger, and a wrath of a thousand suns. Lucifer didn’t even have to move a muscle as Dante killed every last one of them, savouring their final cries before ripping their throats out and letting them bleed out onto the forest floor.

As he walked he began to wonder about the preparations. Alicia was the take control of the port through ‘persuasion’ allowing them free passage to Corone. Dante would be sure to neutralize any potential complications if they were to arise. However they needed to make sure they didn’t alert any of the military while on their ‘visit’. Once they were in Corone they’d make their final Judgement, if the mortals deserved to live, or to die.

Aynur
01-15-17, 12:29 AM
Aynur had been awake the entire time, not that she hadn’t tried to sleep - she just wasn’t comfortable. It seemed that Lucifer was having just as much trouble sleeping as she was. Before long - he had left.

Aynur quietly sat up in her sleeping bag, her fingers dancing to her sides as she pushed herself up. She would take a small walk around the fireplace to try and cure her body of its restlessness. The blind woman took two steps before her foot caught on a lump in his sleeping bag and she toppled forward.

“What the!?”

She scrambled blindly to fix his sleeping arrangement only to pause. Her hand landing on the bag that Lucifer always carried with him. Her breath stilled and she could feel her heart beating hard against his chest at the realisation of what could still possibly be in the bag.

Surely he would not have left it here…

Her hand danced along the canvas surface of the bag till she found the end of the zip

I shouldn’t be doing this….this is wrong….

She unzipped the bag.

Please forgive me for my sins and transgressions…

Her hand slipped into the bag and she blindly felt around in it. She could feel the cold touch of metal, a few things that were….squishy then finally...finally...a hard round object that held a familiar warmth.

“The orb!” Aynur pulled it out and held it tightly to her chest. She could feel the faint thrum of the energy contained within. Tears spotted her eyes, but were quickly soaked up by the blindfold. Aynur hurriedly took off the enchanted purple material, wanting to see the warmth of his energy. “Alkieh, I have much to-” she paused. Blinking. She saw nothing. Just an inky black darkness. Even her “Oracle Sight” was gone.

Just as quickly as her spirits rose, they were crushed. Aynur held the orb tightly to her chest, unable to contain the sudden pain of her loss. “I’m a failure…I’m not fit to be the Oracle.” She shook her head, brown hair toppling over her bare shoulders. She blinked back tears from her milky white eyes. “How….” Her voice shook. “How am I supposed to overcome this adversity....if the very thing that marked me as the Oracle was ripped away from me…”

She cried softly, talking out all the pain and frustrations she had bottled up over the past few weeks. “Alkieh, why...it’s been so hard. This man Lucifer - he lays claims of being your brother. He is so cruel. So filled with hatred. His lashings marr my body.”

Her fingers traced the orb, which began to feel as though it were heating up. “He holds much bitterness in his heart - he had me taken to this cave…”

Her voice fell into a cracked whisper. “I wanted to die. The things they did. The things I saw...Alkieh…”

She stroked the Orb lovingly, despite the heat making it almost unbearable to hold. “A part of me wants to run away- I have you again. I do not wish to stay by a man who so clearly detests my presence.”

Aynur gave a heavy sigh. “I feel a burning...I wish to leave this place - but I cannot.” She glanced down at the orb with her unseeing eyes. “Your teachings taught us not to take, and that our word is our strength. He is a cruel and hurtful man, this Lucifer.”

Aynur bought her lips to the orb and gently kissed it. “But there is a greater pain within him, and I promised to aid him, I am here Alkieh. Please hear my words, and silent prayers.” She carefully placed the orb back into the bag and zipped it up.

“So I no longer hold the Oracle sight….” She mused to herself, shifting her gaze to the heat of the fire. “Why… the pained question fell from her lips, and she wiped away the last of her tears.

SNAP

She straightened her back. “W-Who is there?”

Lucifer
01-15-17, 12:30 AM
Lucifer had completed his perimeter search and concluded there was not a single soul apart from Aynur’s anywhere remotely near him, heck, you could scream as loud as you wanted and the only ears they’d fall on was the various bugs and other wildlife scurrying about.

Lucifer returned to their camping arrangements and tilted his head, curious as to what it was he was looking at. “Oh, Aynur…. Are you really doing what I think you’re doing?” He mumbled with a disappointed tone, too quiet for her to hear him. His patience with her was being tested.

Lucifer waited and watched as she fumbled with the orb, caressing it as though it were her only child. She spoke, whispering to it. Lucifer watched eagerly, stepping ever so slowly closer to her, his hand spread wide open like the jaws of a snake ready to consume its prey. ‘But there is a greater pain within him, and i promised to aid him’. His eye twitched with a mind bordering on madness. Why did she not take the orb and run? How was she going to help him?

Lucifer waited, wondering if he’d be betrayed. ‘So I no longer hold the Oracle sight’ He heard her say as she placed the orb back into his bag. Lucifers arm relaxed, and his eyes changed to a look of amazement as he stepped on a twig. Lucifer closed his eyes and sighed as he tucked his hands into his pockets.”It’s me.” He put bluntly. “Hoping for someone else?”

Aynur shook her head. Her form relaxing. She glanced in his general direction. Which just so happened to be a tree. “Lucifer. I must confess to something.”

Lucifer glanced at the tree she was facing and couldn’t help but grin at her helplessness. “What’s that Aynur?” He asked her curiously. She wasn’t actually going to confess taking the orb was she? Not after everything he’d done to her, or maybe, it was on purpose, to try and gain his trust?

Her head lowered and she started playing with her hands again, something Lucifer noticed she did often. “I…uh…” She glanced to the side, at his sleeping bag. At least she got the location of that right. “I kicked your sleeping bag by accident. I know it was wrong of me -” She inhaled deeply, her next words spoken with a nervous quickness. “ItooktheorbandIpromiseIwasn’tgoingtorunawaywithit IjustmissedhiswarmthandImeversosorry-”She took a deep breath. “I would understand if my actions illicit punishment.” Her words sounded pained.

Lucifer walked over towards her, stopping just inches away from her face. “You didn’t run off with it. So I’m happy.” He rested his hand on her head, allowing his fingers to ruffle her brown locks softly before walking over to the campfire to feed more wood to its flames. He really had thought she would betray him then and there, but she didn’t, instead she confessed to everything.

“You’re not….going to hurt me for my transgressions?” She asked, surprised. As though his reaction to everything was to lash out. It was only half true. Mostly true. Ok it was true.

Lucifer looked over at her with a wolfish grin. “No. Unless you’d like me to that is. But I don’t think that’s the case” He walked back over to her and squatted in front of her as he reached for her hands, feeling at Dante’s ‘hand’ywork. Although they were healed quite well he could still feel the pain etched into her bones. He felt her fingers curl around his. His heart fluttered. “I was thinking that it wouldn’t be too much trouble to take you to get some new clothes. Not that it ever was… I was just curious..” His eyes glazed over her marr’d body, something he would have to learn to live with, but not like she did. “I’m truly sorry, for everything they did to you.. For everything I did to you.”

Her hand reached out to press against his chest. “I forgive everything.” She offered him a consoling smile. “You all have a terrible pain in your souls, and yours Lucifer...yours screams the loudest. I cannot fault one who hurts so, for their actions.” Her hand lessened its hold on his chest, and her smile faded. “Something...I can no longer sense or see.”

Lucifer’s eyes swayed as they trailed down to her hands again. He paused recalling her words earlier ‘I no longer hold the oracle sight’. His eyes met hers, a fiery red gleaming into a now murky nothingness. He placed his hand gently to the side of her face, his thumb gently caressing the sides of her eyes. “I wish I could be as I used to be.. Just for a moment… Just so I could heal them.” He realised how he missed them, he missed the innocent beautiful icy blue gems he had once gazed upon, like those stars he observed in the night sky, always giving without asking anything in return.

A tear trailed down his cheek, unable to contain this new found sorrow for the girl he once despised with his core. “I’m so sorry.” His voice strained audibly with pain. And for a moment, a small orange light was lit in the place his heart rested. But it wasn’t enough, It wasn’t nearly enough. Lucifer let his hands go from her face and placed them on his knees, pulling himself back up. He reached for his face and felt his now wet cheek, rubbing it off and attempted to pull himself back together.

Aynur
01-15-17, 12:31 AM
Aynur’s breath stilled when she felt his thumbs press against her cheeks. How they gently glided across her scarred skin. For someone who claimed to live for seemingly thousands of years - he had very soft and gentle hands. “Lucifer…” Her brows furrowed. She was seeing...well hearing an entirely different side of him. One that wasn’t fueled by bitter hatred or snide remarks. Aynur preferred this side to him, but she could not in all good consciousness enjoy the pain that was evident in his voice.

“One should not dwell on the errors we have made in the past. All we can do is strive for a better future, and learn from those errors.”

She bit her lip, tilting her head away. She knew it was wrong to say her desires. She knew it was wrong to desire anything. “If I may be so bold, and so honest...I do wish you could heal my sight. I want to fall asleep gazing at the stars. I want to watch the energies of the forest and the creatures dance together. I wanted to see Alkieh, if I was to be ever so lucky to witness him walk the earth again-”

Aynur paused. She found a twig and started twirling it in her hands nervously. “I wanted to see you smile.” The moment those words left her lips Aynur felt a wave of feelings, embarrassment, regret, concern, worry….had she said too much? Was she being far too zealous? She had already lost The Oracles Sight. She didn’t want to sway from the teachings any further.

Aynur forced out a laugh, her cheeks a rosy red from her embarrassment, “Oh if the covenant heard such things...They would surely have my supper!” as though sparked by her words - her stomach growled loudly- and she abruptly stopped laughing. “Ah. Sorry.”

Lucifer gave a tremulous smile, visibly uplifted by her words, but quickly changing to one that was mirthless. “I see… There’s no reason to apologise.. I haven’t been taking care of you very well” Lucifer paused, dwelling on the point. “I’ll be sure to pay more attention to your needs. We can get something to eat in the morning.”

Aynur’s smile returned. Something about those words, and the way he was acting. The gentle touches, the thoughtful tone in his voice. It was soothing. It didn’t elicit feelings of fear or dread within her core. “When you are like this - it almost reminds me of the way The Orb of Alkieh makes me feel, when I hold it.” She had meant for it to be a compliment. For, what higher praise could one give than to liken them to their deity? Lucifer fell silent again, long enough for her to notice.”Did I say something wrong?”

“Tch, as if I could care about your feelings for that stupid orb.” Lucifer was ticked off.

Aynur blinked, her brows furrowing. “That is not what I meant.” She sounded annoyed. A first for Aynur. “Lucifer….” Now, exasperation. “You….” More annoyance. “Look...I meant your recent actions made me feel….comforted, and warm. Ok.” She said with a huff, crossing her arms over her chest.

“You sound far too focused on it sometimes.” She grumbled, feeling an odd sense of envy bubble up inside her, not that she understood the emotion.

Lucifer
01-15-17, 12:32 AM
Lucifer was flabbergasted, she was telling him that HE was too focused on the orb. “O-oh really? All you talk about is that orb, like it’s your reason for existing? Remember that?.” He stared at her in disbelief, her compliment going completely over his head.

Aynur’s lips formed a pout. “Well...it is….” she grumbled. “But…” She shook her head. “I should not have said such a thing. I apologise.”

Lucifer grunted. “It isn’t. You weren’t born to be some life long escort, you were born and then brainwashed into believing it. People live based on their own beliefs, and that’s all.”

Aynur huffed again in response. Her lips still in a pout, it was almost as if she was sulking. It was the most emotive and expressive he had seen her. Though, he didn’t know what to make of it. It was as if a senile old man had been dumped with a baby and was expected to change its diaper. “I don’t understand Aynur.. Can’t you just have a life of your own?” He said with a genuinely concerned tone.

Those words seemed to have set something off within Aynur. It didn’t surprise Lucifer to see her straighten up, and take on her stoic appearance again, but it hurt to see that no matter how far he got, he couldn’t reach her. It was as though she was just a cardboard cutout recycling words that had been drilled into her head. “Lucifer. I was born to perform a duty, and I will uphold that duty to the best of my abilities. When that Duty is fulfilled…” She paused. “Then I can re-evaluate what I wish to do.”

Lucifer could feel his heart pumping, her words clearly enraging him once again, but not out of hate, out of frustration. “I’m honestly getting tired of this. You can’t throw your life away raising a bastard child. You deserve better!” Lucifer was completely flustered, as if he’d make a better father? Lucifer cringed for a moment, him, a father to a mortal? Perhaps he was getting in over his head.

“That may not happen. Alkieh may not return in my lifetime. I feel a life dedicated to aiding others is not in the least bit wasted. How many can say they have the ability to heal? How many others do this without a cost to the poor and hungry?”

Lucifer marched over towards the sleeping bag and kicked it up, taking the smaller bag out which held the orb of Alkieh. Lucifer reached into the bag but instantly dropped it, feeling a searing hot sensation, as if his hand had been put over an open flame. The bag was glowing with a bright golden light, a light he did not want Aynur to see, and luckily, she couldn’t.

He stared blankly at the orb, noticing its misshapen form. Lucifer looked back up at Aynur desperately trying to reason with her “You can still do that without having to be my brothers toy. You say it's without a cost, but you do it for your own self gratification, hoping Alkieh notices you and gives you your reward. Isn’t that what it’s really about? Because If it wasn’t, you wouldn’t prematurely end such a valuable life, just so you can dawdle around with a useless piece of junk.”

An audible crack came from the orb at his words.

Aynur looked as though she were going to say something, but her words stilled, and she shifted her unseeing eyes to the orb. “What was that sound?”

Lucifer bit his tongue. “Please Aynur. Just forget about this bullshit.” He was so close.. So close to change.. He had for once looked forward to a tomorrow, and now that hope was quickly fading.

Aynur
01-15-17, 12:33 AM
“Did you break something?” Aynur asked, craning her head as she crept forward toward him. She could hear Lucifer shuffle back. “Are you ok?” She heard the pain in his voice, the desperation, then the crack. Funnily enough, the orb was the last thing on her mind at present.

She could hear a sigh come from Lucifer, as he begged her again, his voice cracking with desperation. “Please Aynur.”

She didn’t entirely understand his words. She shuffled. Saying what she had planned to say earlier, “I don’t understand. Why are you so insistent on me not serving Alkieh, or my people’s traditions? You did not want to concern yourself with humans, I understand that Alkieh may be your brother - but why? Why place such….” She paused, not sure if it was the right word to use. “Such….care toward me?”

Lucifer carefully kicked the bag to the side not wanting to make a sound. “Because you’re different Aynur. You’re not like the other humans.” Lucifer trailed off. “You’re too fragile.. I want to protect you.”

Aynur fell silent for a moment. His words sounded so distressed. She wondered why he really believed Alkieh was the end all for her. Aynur wasn’t entirely sure if she believed that the man who stood before her was Alkieh’s brother - but he truly believed it. “I appreciate the sentiment, Lucifer. Take that feeling, and imagine that’s how I feel, about everyone. I want to help aid and protect. Yes, part of that would be put on hold if Alkieh ever showed himself in my lifetime, but it would not stop me.”

Lucifer closed his eyes and sighed. “Okay. I can tell it won’t matter what words I use. However, until he comes. I’ll show you what freedom is.”

Aynur found his words a little amusing, she smiled, “Is that why you have me following you around, Lucifer?”

Lucifer smirked “You’re free to leave whenever you like. In fact I urge you to. But not with the orb you’re not.”

As he spoke she slipped herself back into the sleeping bag. “We are at an impasse than, Lucifer.” She yawned. Aynur was beginning to feel lethargic. She knew she wasn’t going to get much sleep, wearing such tight clothing but the crickets and bugs buzzed, and she was sure that it was well into the night by now.

“Sleeping are we?” He asked.

Aynur rolled over to his direction, the sleeping bag pulled up to her waist. She stared at the place where she thought he stood. Milky white blind eyes opening and closing slowly. “Mmm hmmm.”

“Humans tire out far too easily.”

“Mmm….” Aynur was drifting further and further into unconsciousness. “Luci...fer…” She said groggily. “I care about you too…”

Lucifer
01-15-17, 12:39 AM
Lucifer stared at her as she slept, sitting comfortably in a ball. He didn’t know why she fascinated him so much, but there was something about her that intrigued him greatly. It could have been the way she carried herself, or the way she talked, her virtue, her kindness. He laughed to himself, what a strange world this was.

The sun began to rise, Lucifer still staring intently at her. He had contemplated what he was going to do for the day. Trying to make sure he’d get every interaction right. He didn’t want to accidentally upset or, he wanted her to forget all about the orb. First thing was first, he’d get her something to eat, and then he’d get her some new clothes that didn’t suffocate her, though Alicias clothes did look rather nice on her.

Lucifer also realised that he had been without a shirt ever since he left it with her to keep her warm, meaning he’d also need one for himself. It was a good thing he brought some things to trade, or else he’d probably have to use force, and he didn’t think Aynur would be too appreciative of that.

Aynur groaned, gingerly lifting herself up with a yawn. She Rubbed her scarred eyes with the back of her hand. She mumbled something that sounded like ‘Goobmorninnnrrgh.”

Lucifer chuckled “Good morning, you slept quite a bit. Ready to head out?” He grinned, rather excited for the first time in a while to actually do something other than kill people.

“Mmmm….” She yawned, clambering ungracefully out of the bag. She fumbled around till she found her blindfold and wrapped it around her eyes and disheveled hair. “Izzwe...going already?” She asked, still not fully awake.

Lucifer didn’t to wait anymore “Yes, up you get. You need food and clothes remember?” He strolled over to her and helped her up, picking off a stray leaf that had fell onto her face while she slept. “Unless you prefer the long treks of nothing and suffocation?”

Aynur slowly seemed to wake herself up, her usual morning questions began. “Did you sleep, Lucifer? Is the Orb ok? Where are we going today? Why are you so insistent, you seem very excited today….”

Lucifer though for a second before replying to the usual. Giving real answers this time. “No, hope not, town, no reason in particular”

‘CRACK’

Lucifer looked over at the bag, it seemed to glow even brighter than before. Not a very welcoming sign for him. He decided, he was going to leave it behind. He wasn’t going to let Alkieh spoil the one good human he actually liked.

He glanced over at Aynur, she was busy attempting to roll up the sleeping bag. She mustn’t have heard the crack. ”Let's go, shall we?” Lucifer just wanted to leave already, and be rid of the orb once and for all. He knew his brother was more than capable enough to take care of himself, he didn’t need the protection of a fragile lady.

Aynur lifted herself up, holding a very poorly wrapped up sleeping bag. “O-Oh. Where would you like me to pu-” It unravelled in her hands, one side flopping over her head, the other landing on the ground.

Lucifer face palmed “Where you normally keep it? I don’t pay attention to those sorts of things.” Lucifer helped her roll it up and handed it back to her, placing her hand over its end so it wouldn’t unravel again.

“I just, it gets wrapped up and I carry it when it is clipped together.” She frowned. “I lost the clip I think…”

Lucifer frowned “Okay... *take mine, no big deal” Lucifer went over to his sleeping bag and slid the orb to the side before wrapping the sleeping bag up and clipping it together. “Here, all good now?” He handed her the rolled up sleeping bag and stood impatiently.

Aynur took it, and slung it over her back. She looked up, and for once - it was as though she was staring right at him. If it weren’t for the purple material covering her eyes. Aynur offered him the smallest, and sweetest of smiles. “Thank you, Lucifer.” Her hand reached out to tenderly wrap two fingers around his. “I apologize for the delay. Please, lead.”

Lucifer took her hand and smiled, as if he had a weight finally lifted off his shoulders. He stayed close to her side, letting himself be her eyes to see and walk. His own bag, now without the orb, resting to his other side. “What do you like to eat? Anything in particular?” He wondered out loud.

Aynur tilted her head, as if in thought. “I only ever ate what was given to me. Oatmeal, apples, and occasionally dried meat. It is the bare necessities, any over indulgence is looked down upon.”

Lucifer smiled, holding her hand tenderly. “That sounds horrible. Even vegans have a better diet than that. Hmm, if you only ever eat what’s given to you then I guess it’s my treat, you won’t get in trouble.” Lucifer himself had come to love human foods, some places were repulsive, but the good food was better than anything he could imagine.

“I uh- am not sure that is the way it works, Lucifer. However, I shan’t rebuke your offer of hospitality.”

“Damn right you won’t. You’re going to enjoy it.” He grinned

They made their way to Ettimire, and finally, Lucifer had the orb out of the way. Or so he thought.

Philomel
01-15-17, 01:06 PM
Title Of Thread: Behind Blue Eyes (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?31755-Behind-Blue-Eyes&p=271154#post271154)
Judgement Type: No Judgement

Rewards:

Lucifer (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?18837-Lucifer) receives:
445 EXP
55 GP

Aynur (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?18839-Aynur) receives:
325 EXP
44 GP

Submitted to Archon's vault as requested

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-17-17, 06:39 AM
All rewards added!