PDA

View Full Version : ACR Episode 031: The 2017 Althies!

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-20-17, 11:22 PM
In this episode, Cards of Fate, Rayleigh, Redford, and FennWenn discuss the 2017 Althies! They cover the winners, and show the losers some love as well!

Also, they reveal who won the prestigious Player of the Year and Mod of the Year awards!

Until I can figure out my FTP password and such again, I uploaded the episode to Soundcloud. Follow this link to listen to it, yeah? (https://soundcloud.com/user-389337244-4999000/acr031)

redford
01-20-17, 11:30 PM
*mumbles*

"I guess Andy's a pretty good poddy wizard...."

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-21-17, 02:39 AM
A fantastic podcast guys. Just finished listening and it was good to hear from you all! Very, very entertaining.

What happened to Best Battle though? ;)

In all seriousness I just want to take this opportunity to congratulate the winners of the Althies this year, but I also want to give a special mention to both Cards of Fate and BlackandBlueEyes.

Cards is one of the forum good guys. He does so much to help support the systems side of Althanas that just doesn't get seen and I don't think the Althy votes do him justice. Apart from being an amazing guy off site he works his balls off to make sure that RoG is kept under wraps and that members feel welcome on the site. I am glad that I get to work closely with him and honestly if he had won Mr Althanas I wouldn't have complained at all, I would have been glad.

Same goes for Andy for the Nuclear Option. I am yet to come across anyone with such natural writing ability. The guy writes JC's for fun and anyone who has even been nominated for a JC will know just how difficult it is to achieve. He is an incredible writer and a great person.

Lastly thank you to everyone who voted for me for the Althies I won, I am honoured and grateful. When I came on staff, I came because I really thought I could help. I never thought i'd be in the position I am now but please understand everyone that Althanas needs a solid team to succeed and I am just one guy in a chain of people who work their asses off to make sure the site is as good as it can be. Whilst I am very grateful for the individual awards, they mean nothing without Rayleigh, Dirks, Cards, Lye and the mod team who all come together to keep this machine well oiled. They also mean nothing without you guys, the members. You're the best.

PS: A very special mention to Rayleigh who kept me sane for the entirety of my time on staff. Your support has been invaluable.

Cards of Fate
01-21-17, 02:44 AM
This just in: I am receiving reports of a vote so secret there wasnt even a poll for it.

Ladies and gents! Congratulate Redford and Shin for winning best battle with "The Outlaw Torn"

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-21-17, 02:46 AM
PPS: I was actually a mod for most of 2016 so technically mod of the year was legit. ;)

PPPS: Storm and Rayse won the LCC best battle too, uncontested :p

FennWenn
01-21-17, 09:13 AM
Dangerous drinking game; take a shot every time Fenn squeaks or says something incomprehensible! : D I will get better at talking so that I can do podcasts with people if needed and more confidently. There was somehow more FennWenn when Fenn was not there than when the Fenn was? O_O

Congrats to everyone who won and hugs for our other great members! <3

Rayleigh
01-21-17, 10:29 AM
Take a shot every time I say "phenominal."

Cards of Fate
01-21-17, 10:53 AM
Take a shot everytime I talk too much ;P

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
01-21-17, 11:56 AM
Take a shot every time someone says "Best"

Breaker
01-21-17, 12:01 PM
Nice podcast folks! This was much more entertaining than just reading the results :)

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-21-17, 12:07 PM
Take a shot whenever someone pauses long enough to offer me the chance to turn my mic on and derail the conversation, but I didn't take it.

Cards of Fate
01-21-17, 12:47 PM
One could say Andy threw away his shot?

Rayleigh
01-21-17, 12:49 PM
He'll come back into the podcast scene some time. And I'm willing to wait for it.

Gum
01-21-17, 01:52 PM
thanks for the content ;D it was a good listen

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-21-17, 03:54 PM
Cards and Ray, you're both fired.

Kryos
01-22-17, 12:47 AM
I really enjoyed this. It has been a while since the last podcast.

Some ideas for the next podcast:
Exploring what was mentioned about the change in that people are reading other people's work more often. Also, perhaps talking about the Restoration Arc and how people can get involved there who may be new or have questions. Questions concerning the arc, etc.

I think this podcast was a great chance to review this past year. Super cool. Perhaps the next podcast about what this upcoming year has in store.

Lucifer
01-22-17, 02:39 AM
Listened to both, great podcasts :)

Hysteria
01-29-17, 07:27 PM
I made a bazaar spreadsheet ages ago! There is a link to it in the bazaar thread. It also does buy backs and if the player provides resources. *shakes fist*