PDA

View Full Version : New to Althanas!

Ilona
02-09-17, 12:59 PM
Hi there,

I've e-met some of you in the chat area already, but figured I'd post a formal introduction here!

Longtime freeform, play-by-post gamer. You will probably listen to me get all wistful from time to time about another rpg that I was heavily involved in called Worlde Arcane. I'm hoping to recruit some of the old players from there, eventually, as WA is no longer running.

I'm excited to jump into Althanas, though!

I'm very interested in the political plots of Corone (dear whoever wrote all of that, you're amazing) and would love to rp some of that out (be cool to see the Corone areas in the wiki implemented in the threads, as well - I want Ilona to go pearl diving in Tylmerande! :o). Have to admit, I love a good civil war.

As for my intentions with my own character, I left a lot of personal plots open intentionally because it's interesting to see how other characters affect one another (hence why I was hesitant to commit to a Fae "element", be more interesting if that develops in a relevant way; in tandem with a storyline). There's even, what I'm going to call, openings in her backstory in case anyone wants to tie anything in at any time. I think it's fun to meet new characters in game but it's also fun to have characters know each other from childhood, etc. etc.

Plus, as my first character here - figured I'd leave her a bit more pliable in general. :)

While my initial interest for her starting out is, quite possibly, in Corone - I'm open to Fae-related plots as well, so never hesitate to hit me up with ideas.

In the meantime, I know I haven't posted yet "in game" but that's only because I'm devouring all the canon content that's currently here.

~ Ilona (aka Aliana, IRL).

Breaker
02-09-17, 01:04 PM
Welcome aboard! I'd be glad to RP with you on one of my various characters. I'll take another look at your profile in a bit and PM you if any ideas strike me.

Gum
02-09-17, 01:05 PM
hey what's up welcome

Lye
02-09-17, 01:08 PM
You may be enjoying some war politics very soon. Keep your eyes open around April 1st.

FennWenn
02-09-17, 01:17 PM
Hi! We've already met, but welcome anyway!

If you ever need a buddy to RP with, I'm normally game. It's exciting to have another Fae character around, <3 <3 <3

Ilona
02-09-17, 01:37 PM
@FennWenn Yee! :o I love what you submitted to the wiki. We'll definitely have to sprinkle some fae dust around this mother, "salt bae" style.

Ilona
02-09-17, 01:38 PM
@Lye oooh man, can't wait.

Rayleigh
02-09-17, 01:58 PM
So glad to see that you're settling in well! If you need anything, just give me a holler. :)

Philomel
02-09-17, 02:57 PM
Hey lovely!!!

Looking forwards to having you around. I am your resident Faun-friend and creator and have most of my interests in Corone also.

It will be really great to have a new female around on the block, especially one with an intriguing past!

Philomel / Ailsa / many other alts.

Leopold
02-09-17, 03:01 PM
Welcome to Althanas!

FennWenn
02-09-17, 03:35 PM
@FennWenn Yee! :o I love what you submitted to the wiki. We'll definitely have to sprinkle some fae dust around this mother, "salt bae" style.

Yessss~

Razel
02-09-17, 03:51 PM
Welcome to Althanas :)

Ilona
02-09-17, 04:31 PM
Thanks everyone!

@ Philomel I'd love to stomp around Corone with ya! I just posted in the quests area, it's more of a concept sub-quest for what's already going on in Corone. LMK if you're interested or if there's anything else on the go! :o

jdd2035
02-09-17, 04:36 PM
Welcome aboard!

Storm Veritas
02-09-17, 07:51 PM
Hi! Shin(sou Vaan Osiris) and I have taken out quite a few Radasanth politicians, overthrown a Coronian town, and are always open for collaboration. Always looking for new writing partners!

Mari
02-09-17, 10:48 PM
Yay welcome :D

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
02-10-17, 01:39 AM
Welcome! Good to see you getting into the swing of it already :)