PDA

View Full Version : It's A Roc Eat Dog World

Ilona
02-09-17, 04:21 PM

It's A Roc Eat Dog World

With any war, there are deserters - but out of Corone's civil war, another sourge has been borne and begun to poison an already plagued land. The Renegades of Corone - deserters from both factions - have positioned themselves as protesters of the war, but in reality they only seek to profit from it.

The elves of Tylmerande, despite being slightly removed from the civil war itself in the southeastern-most region of Corone, have suffered the most by their hand. Their highways and coastal towns have been assailed upon each season, in the last years - but the present year has seen the pillaging increase to almost monthly.

The city of Serenti remained largely unaffected, at first - but as more and more elves began to seek refuge behind the safety of the city's walls, it became an issue of overcrowding and, in some lesser but no less disconcerting cases, aggravated some racial tensions amongst the human populations also dwelling there. Serenti sought out aid from Radasanth, Corone's capital, but were essentially albeit quite diplomatically told to handle the situation on their own given Radasanth's preoccupation with the rebellion. This decision has ultimately resulted in some tensions between the two wealthy baronies, one that passive-aggressively reveals itself in their more recent trade deals. While the baronies squabble, however, it is the people of Tylmerande who suffer.

The elves of one town, in particular, have had enough. There, two of their most ancient elven families, have pooled what remained of their resources and have put out word that they are willing to pay for foreign aid. Another town had tried something similar, locally - but they were tricked by the Renegades of Corone, who divided themselves and played out the farce of half of their numbers assisting while the other half assailed. This went on for an entire year, and only further funded the individuals they had hoped to overcome. Hence, this most recent request was specific to those not hailing from Corone.

To inquire of the contract, please go to the local inn of the coastal Town of Aruishae, west of Serenti, along the peninsula.

Renegades of Corone

This is a small but growing faction of deserters hailing from both of Corone’s major factions in its civil war, from those in service to the Corone Empire and those of the rebellion led by the Corone Rangers.

Also referred to as the ROC, they have conveniently taken up the symbol of a bird known as such as the word itself was an acronym to their namesake; rocs being colossal birds of prey, similar to but much larger than that of an eagle.

These deserters make their living as opportunists, ignobly interfering with and often perpetuating aspects of the civil war. They will harry lands already affected by battle, taking advantage of the weak and desperate, and whenever the chance presents itself they will pit the imperialists and rebels against one another ever further – for the renegades have no interest in the cessation of this war, as ending it would result in their own trials for desertion and banditry.

These individuals are especially dangerous, sharing amongst themselves the guerilla tactics of those once active in the ranks of the Rangers as well as the stratagems and experience of those serving in the disciplined Corone Armed Forces. It is rumored that there is one or two former members of the Scarlett Brigade within their ignoble ranks as well.

It’s a roc eat dog world, as they’re known to say. A common thing said amongst those of their own ranks when referring to those still serving in either imperialist or rebel faction – respectively, the hounds of the Assembly, Ministry or Coalition and the underdogs of the Rangers headquartered in Underwood.

The Renegades of Corone are a tragic union of jaded and disillusioned persons, a bitter testament to the knowledge that unity is possible albeit also to what unity between the Empire and the Rangers could be like on that negative-end-of-the-spectrum. Those of the ROC have coalesced in forsaking either camp, at times taking up arms against either one, while, ever more often, merely exploiting the wounded country itself as well-organized highwaymen or greedy pillagers. These individuals do not take kindly to such terms as turncoat, for they truly consider themselves as the savvy, and economical, survivors of Corone.

OOC:

Hi! I wanted to submit the "Renegades of Corone" as an addition to the Corone wiki area alongside the other more major factions there - but also, following that, it is the lead-in for a new storyline, "It's A Roc Eat Dog World", I'd like to introduce to the game. It would require the creation of this plucky town mentioned and hopefully result in fleshing out Tylmerande over time. I don't see it in the threads, already. If I'm wrong or if this steps on anyone's toes, let me know. I am happy to edit all/any of it.
...I just really like pearls. Whatcha think?

Ilona
02-09-17, 10:33 PM
Threw in the first in game post here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?31901-Between-a-ROC-and-a-hard-place-Open).

FennWenn
02-10-17, 06:09 AM
This seems promising! <3 (I like pearls too~.)