PDA

View Full Version : Well, I might as well introduce the one they call Ravenok Kinnes!

Ravenok Kinnes
11-23-06, 07:52 PM
Greetings and salutations, my friends! I am a friendly person, just so you know(even though I have an utterly evil character) so let's talk, or maybe even role play! I have a thread up in the Peaceful Promenade and you are free to join.

Slayer of the Rot
11-23-06, 07:58 PM
Welcome to Althanas.

Artifex Felicis
11-23-06, 07:59 PM
What he said, make sure to loosen up around here before the -others- come...

*OMNIOUS CLIFFHANGER*

Ravenok Kinnes
11-23-06, 08:03 PM
*Utter gasp*

Okay. Hey, i'm trying to get as many people to look at my poems and story excerpt in Creative Endeavors, you guys wouldn't mind checking them out, would you?

Slayer of the Rot
11-23-06, 08:03 PM
Yeah, they'll try to give you cookies and internet rape you or some shit. Don't worry, they're just fucking degenerates. Enjoy the place, make sure to look at some of the less used areas like Alerar, Raiaera, and Fallien. Corone's not as great as everyone makes it seem.

Letho
11-23-06, 08:04 PM
We need some chicks to post in this thread so we can turn the topic to the coveted-by-all lesbian sex. :cool:

In lieu of female presence though, I'll just say welcome and hope you have fun on Althanas.

EDIT: Don't listen to Slayer. The alcohol fried his brain a long time ago. Corone is the bomb! :D

Vorin
11-23-06, 08:05 PM
For the love of the baby Jesus Christ, roleplay in Alerar. It needs activity. It's like watching your adopted child die of loneliness.

Oh, and welcome.

Ravenok Kinnes
11-23-06, 08:08 PM
I like to see that not all role players are dull headed pieces of mierda. Last site I was one sucked. And Letho, you are correct. Vorin, I don't think i'll be there for a while. Not until I make some more friends and get them to come with.

Slayer of the Rot
11-23-06, 08:11 PM
Yeah, cause Drows are real cocks to everyone, including their own race. They don't understand racial equalities. They're sort of like super nazis, I guess.

Ravenok Kinnes
11-23-06, 08:13 PM
And yet I am drawn to the drow. I have read the entire six book War of the Spider Queen series by R.A. Salvatore. I've read the Dark Elf Trilogy also by R.A. Salvatore, telling the early exploits of the notorious Drizzt Do'Urden, i've read the Servant of the Shard by R.A. Salvatore, telling of the Drow bounty hunter Jarlaxles exploits with the human assassin Artemis Entreri.

Vorin
11-23-06, 08:15 PM
Except Alerar's drow are almost nothing like DnD Drow. They're quite original, even vary in appearance. They've got flintlocks, how can you not love that?

Ravenok Kinnes
11-23-06, 08:18 PM
I have no idea. Maybe i'll encounter some in my roleplays here in Althanas.

So, I guess I just sit here and wait till someone decides to role play with me in the Peaceful Promenade.

Letho
11-23-06, 08:20 PM
From what I heard (and I have some inside info), those flintlocks are still quite scarce even in Alerar. :P

Ravenok Kinnes
11-23-06, 08:22 PM
Alright, well I am taking my leave for the night. I'll see you all in the morrow!

Cyrus the virus
11-23-06, 09:21 PM
Artemis > All.

The Madd Hatter
11-23-06, 09:23 PM
Welcome to Althanas which happens to be the internet role playing site version of cocaine. Once you puff this dragon, it never lets go of you. Eventually it rips your soul from your body and slowly feeds on the creativity drive until you crumble into a poor miserable husk and become nothing but fingers typing forever, endlessly, on a keyboard.

Really a lovely place.

Elrundir
11-23-06, 09:27 PM
Raiaera for the win. </shameless plug>

Dissinger
11-23-06, 09:32 PM
Antioch FTW! [/shameless reliving of glory days]

Welcome to the site, perhaps one day you'll be the one writing up a continent.

Ravenok Kinnes
11-23-06, 09:59 PM
Cyrus, you are absolutely correct. Artemis Entreri is better than everyone... Except Drizzt. Heh heh.

Cyrus the virus
11-23-06, 10:23 PM
Oh no, he's better than Drizzt. Drizzt is a cheater. Globe of darkness my butt.

Ravenok Kinnes
11-23-06, 10:27 PM
Hey, that's a natural skill of his race. If that's cheating, then Charon's Claw is cheating too, because one cut from that and you're basically dead. lol. I like both of them, anyway. Jarlaxle's pretty sweet too. And Zaknafein, whose name I love. I was originally going to make Ravenok's name Zaknafein, but decided not to, I decided to make the name more original.

Reiko
11-23-06, 10:39 PM
hihi and welcome^^

I hope you have fun and all, it's nice to have some evil characters in the mix^^

And Jarlaxle's the best Salvatore character, for he has more personality than any other, and a cool hat^^

Ravenok Kinnes
11-23-06, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I do think Jarlaxle has more personality than others. Only a little more than Drizzt. I like his ability to pump daggers out of his sleeve. They need to dedicate a Baldur's Gate game to him.

Thanks, yeah one of the reasons why I made Ravenok evil is because no one does anymore. At least not as evil as Ravenok. I usually try to make my characters some variation of myself(extremely nice, Chaotic Good in D&D terms), but Ravenok is different. And also, out of the tens of characters I have created, Ravenok is the most important. I am writing a book dedicated to him. Almost like Drizzt, which tells the world of Faerun through his eyes basically.

You should check out my book excerpt in Creative Endeavors. Even though Ravenok isn't mentioned in it, it is from the book I am dedicating to him. Beowulf Moonshadow is one of the other important characters in it.

The Emerald Hind
11-23-06, 11:43 PM
Bad Letho! Trying to make this thread into some sort of perverted sex scandal. You should be ashamed of yourself. :P

Anyways, I'm just extending my salutations, hun. Welcome to the game and all its trappings. I hope you have fun. And if your character is ever in need of a geas bound herbalist lass to torture or whatnot, let me know. I really need to torment this character more. e_e;

Ravenok Kinnes
11-24-06, 12:41 AM
Any allies are welcome to join Ravenok in his travels, hard as that may be.

Cyrus the virus
11-24-06, 01:22 AM
If you're writing anything related to Faerun, stop now and make your own world. Seriously.

Anyway, Charon's Claw isn't cheating. Drizzt has Twinkle, Icingdeath, his bracers on his ankles, and like 5 friends :p Artemis has CC, his Jeweled Dagger, and his badassery.

Not far in the books, are ya? I just read the latest release. Amazing.

AdventWings
11-24-06, 08:46 AM
Am I too late or is this just a really hot thread?

*Looks ar Ravenok's Character*

Oohers. Just what Althanas is looking for! SOmeone truly evil and not just a bad-guy-turned-anti-hero-person.

Well, Storm is kinda on the same vein, but he's not terribly active for the time.

Yes... Let the evil outreach commence! :D

*ahem*

Oh, yeah. And welcome to Althanas, Myao~!

Devin Argente
11-24-06, 09:01 AM
*spooky sounds* "Welcome to MY world, Nancy!"

Oops, wrong movie.

Anyway, have fun here at Althanas. Don't mind the rabid writers.

Ravenok Kinnes
11-24-06, 09:05 AM
Cyrus, do you mean my stories about Ravenok? My except below? Oh no no no, that story doesn't take place in Faerun. It takes place in Kest'ri, a realm I made up. I just use similar races and such, because I didn't bother to create my own races.

Zerith
11-24-06, 10:26 AM
I'm going to do the same as everyone here and say welcome to althanas. If witchblade hasn't given her usual welcome speech, then it should be only a matter of time until she does.

*Reads Ravenok's profile*

Nice! You arrived just when I decided to make an evil character. Perhaps they should team up in a quest in the near future.

Ravenok Kinnes
11-24-06, 01:31 PM
Oh, cool Zerith. I'll keep that in mind. I'll add you as one of my buddies.

Do you mean anytime soon?

Lavinian Pride
11-24-06, 02:04 PM
Heres my thing about going Chaotic Evil, I did it for the better part of a year, in the end he made the jump back. If you got the ability to think cruelly for extended periods of time no problem go for it.

Just know it will be bloody, unpretty, and smell of skullduggery more than a couple of times.

However I will say this, it certainly is liberating to roleplay without morals.

Ravenok Kinnes
11-24-06, 02:08 PM
I may be nice in real life, but I can do an evil character. I've used Ravenok in many different role plays.

Dissinger
11-24-06, 02:30 PM
Oh no, I wasn't implying that you couldn't, just was giving my thoughts on the CHaotic Evil.

Ravenok Kinnes
11-24-06, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I know. You're right, though. I love to play Baldur's Gate for the PC, and everytime I make a Chaotic Evil character, it's hard sometimes to be so mindlessly cruel.

Zerith
11-24-06, 07:33 PM
Well we'll have to see, I have to get my computer at home in working order first.

As for being able to play chaotic evil, I think I should be able to do it. The real challenge will be playing an insane undead that probably looks like something that came out of Silent Hill.

Ravenok Kinnes
11-24-06, 07:41 PM
Heh heh heh heh.... Be Pyramid Head*laughs*