PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment for a battle

Erhat Varen
03-24-17, 07:17 AM
Hey, everyone.

I realize that I can't really start an actual roleplaying thread until my character is approved, but I wanted to ask around if anyone would be interested in a sort of open free-for-all battle once it is. My character kind of has an axe to grind against... well, pretty much everyone. So I would most likely have some of his buddies set up a sort of an arena in which people would get stuck and most likely wouldn't be able to leave until the magic runs out or someone beats up my dude. It will make more sense once I have my opening post up, I promise.

Anyways, I hope some of you find time to join in for some jolly times of beating each other over the head with things. :D

Mari
03-24-17, 07:20 AM
There is already an arena for fighting, its the Citadel.

I'll decline cause my character would one shot yours right now haha

Rayleigh
03-24-17, 07:25 AM
I would be happy to write with you, and help you with the finer points of fighting on the site. :)

Erhat Varen
03-24-17, 07:25 AM
@Mari
Oh, I've no doubt. I figure a vast majority can really wipe the floor with me from what I saw in the registration archive. But isn't that where the fun is, defying the odds?

And yes, I have considered the Citadel. However, neither I nor my character really like the idea of the safety net that the Citadel provides. And also, Maledoch doesn't really mind dying a little bit. ;-)

@Rayleigh
Thank you very much. I'll make sure to post a link to the thread once I have it up.

Rayleigh
03-24-17, 07:27 AM
Ah, well, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. But I'm not looking to risk my characters outside of the Citadel.

Erhat Varen
03-24-17, 07:31 AM
I understand. Thank you for considering it anyways. Should I have any questions, I'll make sure to contact you about it.

Storm Veritas
03-24-17, 08:48 AM
I'd like the opportunity to stuff you in a closet. Look forward to writing!

FennWenn
03-24-17, 09:03 AM
I'm curious about this too. Heh, Fenn is one of those character who is actually likely to be one-shotted instead of one-shotting, ; )

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-24-17, 09:10 AM
I'm always looking for someone to add to The Streak (tm). If you want a good battle, i'm your guy.

Erhat Varen
03-24-17, 09:13 AM
Excellent. It would seem that it only takes about ten or so levels for people to feel safe outside this Citadel. ;)

I joke, of course. Thank you all for the interest. Once the thread is up, feel free to join at any time.

Mari
03-24-17, 09:16 AM
So in saying you do not want the safety net, are you saying that in this thread; you are ok with your character dying? Would you have a pre requisite that joining the thread gives your character the possibility of death?

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-24-17, 09:31 AM
Excellent. It would seem that it only takes about ten or so levels for people to feel safe outside this Citadel. ;)

I joke, of course. Thank you all for the interest. Once the thread is up, feel free to join at any time.

I like you.

See you on the field, son. ;)

Erhat Varen
03-24-17, 09:36 AM
So in saying you do not want the safety net, are you saying that in this thread; you are ok with your character dying? Would you have a pre requisite that joining the thread gives your character the possibility of death?I'm ok with my character dying, but he's sort of built that it's not that big of an issue for him (should his ability to resurrect be approved). And even if it doesn't, I haven't really done anything with him yet, so it's not such a great loss as I have other characters in my head which I could make.

But it doesn't mean that any other characters must suffer the same fate. The way I had it planned, the magic that will isolate the combatants from the rest of the world would be possibly on a timer, so if you endure the chaos long enough, you can get out unscathed.

I like you.

See you on the field, son.Awesome. Can't wait.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-24-17, 09:44 AM
But it doesn't mean that any other characters must suffer the same fate. The way I had it planned, the magic that will isolate the combatants from the rest of the world would be possibly on a timer, so if you endure the chaos long enough, you can get out unscathed.

Which is the Citadel.

Erhat Varen
03-24-17, 09:50 AM
I guess if you're good enough, every battle is a Citadel battle given the rules. ;)

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-24-17, 10:02 AM
I guess if you're good enough, every battle is a Citadel battle given the rules. ;)

You've lost me there pal.

Erhat Varen
03-24-17, 10:18 AM
I merely meant that it seems to me once you get a good number of levels and character becomes good at what he does, nothing can really kill you unless you really want to. Hence it's like a Citadel battle. You won't die either way.

Storm Veritas
03-24-17, 11:25 AM
I merely meant that it seems to me once you get a good number of levels and character becomes good at what he does, nothing can really kill you unless you really want to. Hence it's like a Citadel battle. You won't die either way.

Correct. You die on the mainland, your character is magically resurrected in a new thread by NPC's or other characters, possibly using the same profile. Some of us one-trick-ponies aren't wont to give up on ultra-established characters.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-24-17, 11:42 AM

A fair point. Worth noting that a few of us don't carry such issues and are happy to have our characters die or be somehow permanantly disfigured.

Lye lost an eye the other day in a battle with Elthas.

It was really scary.

Interesting to note your character can evade death's icy grip by means of eventual resurrection. Double standards, perhaps? ;)

Erhat Varen
03-24-17, 01:07 PM
But you have to account for the emotional trauma. Dying once is easy. But many times? It leaves scars, man, where nobody can see. And deep down Maledoch is a sensitive soul. Not everyone remains normal like Tom Cruise in that shitty movie where he keeps dying. ;)

Storm Veritas
03-24-17, 01:12 PM
Tom Cruise in that shitty movie where he keeps dying. ;)

:mad::mad::mad:

Edge of Tomorrow KICKS ASS and also features my girlfriend Emily Blunt.

Sorry, now you're going to have to die.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-24-17, 01:28 PM
It's on. :cool:

Erhat Varen
03-25-17, 04:16 AM
:mad::mad::mad:

Edge of Tomorrow KICKS ASS and also features my girlfriend Emily Blunt.

Sorry, now you're going to have to die.I'm sorry. I'm sorry your girlfriend ended up in a Groundhog Day remake with crappy Fallout power armor.

The thread is up. All are welcome. :D

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?32042-A-Demonstration-of-Power

Letho
04-19-17, 03:29 PM
Just a reminder that this battle is still open if somebody still wishes to join.

Oh, and also, I'm back. Hullo.

Dissinger
04-19-17, 03:47 PM
Hold the god damn phone! You...you....WELCOME BACK YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD!

SirArtemis
04-19-17, 03:53 PM
YOUSONOFA

hi. I missed you.

BlackAndBlueEyes
04-19-17, 03:54 PM
You just broke everyone the chat room. I hope you're happy. :(

Letho
04-19-17, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome, guys. Well, the second welcome, I guess. Great to see some of the old names still kicking around with a bunch of new ones.

Speaking of which, I do apologize for the deception and the fake account shenanigans and acting as if I'm new (and wasting time of few of the mods). I was hoping to draw more people into the battle so Letho's eventual appearance would be more of a surprise, but it didn't work out the way I thought it would.

SirArtemis
04-19-17, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome, guys. Well, the second welcome, I guess. Great to see some of the old names still kicking around with a bunch of new ones.

Speaking of which, I do apologize for the deception and the fake account shenanigans and acting as if I'm new (and wasting time of few of the mods). I was hoping to draw more people into the battle so Letho's eventual appearance would be more of a surprise, but it didn't work out the way I thought it would.

We thought two level 10+ folks would be enough to handle a level 1. Didn't want to bog it down. But now that a level 15 wants to be murdered, might bring on more big guns.

Dissinger
04-19-17, 04:18 PM
ALso, get your butt in chat!

BlackAndBlueEyes
04-19-17, 04:19 PM
Speaking of, I should finally have a post tonight. >.>

Letho
04-19-17, 04:32 PM
We thought two level 10+ folks would be enough to handle a level 1. Didn't want to bog it down. But now that a level 15 wants to be murdered, might bring on more big guns.Well, I did mean it to be a free-for-all, so people didn't necessarily have to knock the stuffing out of just me, but it didn't pan out that way apparently. I guess the non-Citadel part chased some potential people away.

Not that it matters all that much. I'm just glad to be back at writing, even if I'm pretty damn rusty at it.

ALso, get your butt in chat! I generally don't do chats. I can rarely follow more than two people talking.

But it's great to see you around, Pat. Your bro still around as well?

Speaking of, I should finally have a post tonight. >.> Awesome. I thought about waiting for you, but I really got impatient to get to the point where I would bring Letho in and be back here officially. I missed this place.

Dissinger
04-19-17, 04:33 PM
I wish Paul was still around, but I think a screenshot of this might help....

SirArtemis
04-19-17, 04:42 PM
Letho, I'd be happy to write with you. A redemption thread on your gunslinger that ruined a year of my life would be good. bringing him to justice for going wild.

as for your rust, i think you were writing quite well on ehrtu, and i saw your edits on the first post too. you're in good shape.

Letho
04-19-17, 05:03 PM
Ah, that was a fun one to write. I definitely plan to keep using Victor, but I need to get in the swing of things first and I don't want to overdo it at the very beginning. Once I get some to some degree of consistent posting and bring him back in the picture, I'll definitely take you up on that offer.

Dissinger
04-19-17, 05:11 PM
A true demon has entered (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?32042-A-Demonstration-of-Power&p=275163#post275163) the fray...

Letho
04-19-17, 05:14 PM
Ah, things are heating up. Pun intended.

Tainted Bushido
04-19-17, 08:13 PM
All I can say is when Letho posted on his main in this thread this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkiVjDmQlbc) is what I saw...

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-20-17, 02:00 AM
I see a Letho.

Welcome back.

Storm Veritas
04-26-17, 06:48 PM
I updated my stupid post that I originally screwed up by missing the guy intervening and trying to help.

Letho
06-17-17, 06:07 AM
This thing slowed down considerably lately, so I'm trying to kick it back in motion again by bringing Lorelei in and trying to shift everyone's focus solely on Letho. So let's kill the fucker and bring this thing to a conclusion.

For those unaware of Letho's ability, he'll basically turn into a werewolf and be even harder to bring down. Hence why I would prefer everyone shooting in his direction, so we can end this some time soon instead of dragging it on for a very long time/thread. ;)

Josette
06-17-17, 08:02 AM
I can throw Josette in if you see a need/opening. She could have been in town with Lorelei.

Flamebird
06-17-17, 08:12 AM
A fight would be nice! I could throw in either of my characters to fight. :cool:

Good for Nothing Captain
06-17-17, 10:58 AM
Hi Letho!! We've never met, but I'd like the chance to write with you, and everyone else here! Please let me know if I can join the fry!

Letho
06-17-17, 12:15 PM
Hey, guys. I appreciate the interest, but what I'm actually trying to do is bring this battle closer to the end, and not add more people to the fray. Those already involved should be more than enough to bring Letho down once they all bear down on him. I do apologize if my post didn't make that clear.

But I would definitely love to write with all of you in a different thread. Well, Flamebird and Good for Nothing Captain, anyways. This Josette person I don't really fancy all that much. (I jest, of course, since we're in two threads already ;))

So if you have any ideas, hit me up. We can work something out.

Good for Nothing Captain
06-17-17, 12:42 PM
Hey, guys. I appreciate the interest, but what I'm actually trying to do is bring this battle closer to the end, and not add more people to the fray. Those already involved should be more than enough to bring Letho down once they all bear down on him. I do apologize if my post didn't make that clear.

But I would definitely love to write with all of you in a different thread. Well, Flamebird and Good for Nothing Captain, anyways. This Josette person I don't really fancy all that much. (I jest, of course, since we're in two threads already ;))

So if you have any ideas, hit me up. We can work something out.

I'm down, what character are you going to be writing on going forward, seeing as you seem pretty set on putting Letho in the ground? Because I'm planning a thread to explore demonic origins and the hierarchy of demons (or something! I haven't really figured it out 100%), so I'm open to some brainstorming!

Flamebird
06-17-17, 01:41 PM
A different thread sounds good! I'm waiting to RP until the reboot anyways, so it works out xD

I immediately noticed something. Wasn't Letho the leader of the Coronian Rangers at some point? Felicity has been following the rangers for some time and had wanted to join them (now she's just a freelancer. After her cousin, who was a ranger, got dead she decided to back off.) If Letho is famous enough, she's probably heard of Letho and probably looks up to him. It would make an interesting dynamic, I think. With her being around the same age as his daughter too.

Rayleigh
06-17-17, 02:01 PM
Roger roger! Just wasn't sure if you needed more firepower, or wanted Jo to help move Lorelei out.