PDA

View Full Version : Which Althanas Skin Is Your Favorite?

Cyrus the virus
11-25-06, 01:27 PM
Pretty straightforward ;)

We have the default Vb skin, something of an underdog among the ones that aren't boring. Perhaps it grants you a serene feeling while you write!

Evonature is the green, forest-y skin. I use it because it's amazing. Perhaps it captures the essence of fantasy for you. Of course, the same could be said for...

Bronzecastle is the orange-brass skin. Pretty neat. Looks powerful.

Dark is the skin presented to those visiting Althanas, which is a huge mistake, but whatever. It's... Dark, and stuff. I can see the draw, as it's easy to read against.

Thegoldandblack golden and black! Can hurt the eyes of the older members, I imagine :)

Finally, BP-Brown I haven't noticed until now, and it looks pretty good.

Vote!

Reiko
11-25-06, 01:31 PM
Evonature is what I use since it fits my characters who tend to wander about, also the forest part is really pretty.

Bronze castle's also a good one but doesn't fit my characters so I don't really use it.

Dark is pretty bland and makes my dead pixels stand out way too much.

Cyrus the virus
11-25-06, 01:33 PM
Weird how this is posted while I'm still writing up the poll o_O

The Valkyrie
11-25-06, 01:41 PM
Evonature. Easy on the eyes.

AdventWings
11-25-06, 01:43 PM
Gold and Black? BP-Brown?!

I don't see those anywhere... Hmmm...

Well, nevertheless. Dark or me. Easier on the eyes, plus it's not hard to hide the screen lights when I need to sneak a peek at night.

It helps that I also get screen radiation a little less this way as well. :D

I must admit, though, Evo Nature is very stylish. :)

Cyrus the virus
11-25-06, 01:47 PM
Are the last two only visible by people with magical abilities to edit profiles and junk?

Komosatuo
11-25-06, 02:37 PM
Probably, cause I don't see them. :p

I like the bronze castle...cause it's cool. Yeah.

And the links aren't blue...>.> :D

Dissinger
11-25-06, 03:09 PM
dark is easy on the eyes late at night

hamnat
11-25-06, 03:10 PM
I use Dark. I like grey tones and my eyes are sensetive to light.

Devin Argente
11-25-06, 03:18 PM
I use Dark. Its basic font is smaller than the others', which I find easier to read.

But I want to see the other two skins, too. Please?

Vorin
11-25-06, 03:34 PM
Dark.

Easy on the eyes, smaller font, angsty to the extreme. I plan to usher in a new age of Althanas, Darkthanas!

Ayithe Solete
11-25-06, 06:11 PM
Evonature :)

Letho
11-25-06, 06:14 PM
Default. I don't like changes and this was the first one that was available after the crash, so I simply got used to it.

MaxBlade
11-25-06, 06:37 PM
Eh..I use, dark, easy on the eyes, especially since I have to use the comp at night due to the fact I don't get home till late.

Ravenok Kinnes
11-25-06, 06:43 PM
I love the Bronze Castle one. It gives me a better feeling for some reason, and makes me feel less "here" in our real world, if that makes sense.

Serilliant
11-25-06, 07:28 PM
I went ahead and removed the two experimental skins that most of you are unable to select.

Nice job, Cyrus. You're fired.

Elrundir
11-25-06, 08:47 PM
Evonature for me. Eh, it reminds me of Althanas long ago for some reason. Maybe my memory's just going. Sometimes I wish it was a little wider, but it does make it look like I've written more than I have, so it makes me feel impressive and long-winded, which is nice sometimes. :p

grim137
11-25-06, 08:56 PM
I prefeer the default style, its what I became used to.

Cyrus the virus
11-25-06, 10:00 PM
Why'd you remove them? Broken links and junk? BP-brown was pretty sweet, really.

Witchblade
11-25-06, 11:06 PM
Bwhahahaha!

Cyrus has been fire! :p

I like Dark, it's easy to read and I'm just all angsty and gothic like that. Evonature is my second favourite, I just don't like the way it changes the size of things. Default isn't bad but... yay for darkness! And the castle thing or whatever just bothers the hell out of me for some reason.

Koran
11-26-06, 02:03 AM
Dark! Mwahahaha!

*Fades...followed by crickets*

Okay okay, so it doesn't quite have the punch I was looking for, but hey, a man can try right?

The current forum default...which is dark, is what I currently use...for this character. As stated above, Komosatuo uses Bronze Castle, and I think Seether uses the default...default...O.o

Tshael
11-26-06, 09:06 PM
I voted for dark because I was too lazy to go see what the other stuff looks like, but after I voted I changed my thing to the bronze castle because as a vagina weilding member of the Bitch Squad, I like power.

hamnat
11-26-06, 10:50 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

now there's something you don't read every day....

Chiroptera
11-26-06, 11:49 PM
Default, boring though it may be. I'm a creature of habit and I like to think of writing as ink on paper, even when I'm obviously not writing. On paper. With ink.

I think the dark skin is kind of scary as the new default. It makes me feel as though I'm doing something illegal.

Seth_Rahl
11-27-06, 12:13 PM
Dark. I haven't been on here in awhile and was at first surprised by the new look but then I grew used to it so I guess dark is my favorite.

Krugor
11-27-06, 01:53 PM
I'm currently using Dark because of its font size and the width of the boards. Though I'll be switching to Bronzecastle very soon, I guess. Using the same skin for a long time gets boring and Bronzecastle has an awesome feel to it. Evonature is way too small and the color scheme doesn't suit me, so that one won't do.

Rajani Aishwara
11-27-06, 01:56 PM
I absolutely love the Bronzecastle, but I have to use the default skin more because I switch between Althanas and Word alot. My eyes are sensetive, so when I turn the brightness down for Word, Bronzecastle Althanas becomes too dark.

I hate to say this as the new kid on the block, but the Dark skin is completely overdone. It seems like every other forum is going for that color theme.

~*Almighty*~
11-27-06, 04:23 PM
Dark seems to fit my aesthetic tastes, while the bronzecastle is a bit more fancy. I like these two, but don't truly care for nature or default blue.

Plus, black is just nice.

Atzar
11-28-06, 12:21 PM
Dark for me - easy to read. ...like everybody else has said.

Vamrsh Skylare
11-28-06, 08:11 PM
Well I haven't been on here long... 1 day, but I've checked them all out and Dark is the most different from most sites I go to. Most are bright and cheery but sometimes annoying. Especially with flashing ads and stuff. So ya dark.

}|{
11-29-06, 09:15 AM
I use default, but voted for Evonature.

~}|{

Sword-for-Hire
11-29-06, 05:35 PM
Dark.

Nuff said.

Doppelganger
11-29-06, 05:40 PM
I use different ones for different characters, but for this one it's Bronzecastle.

Massacre
03-10-07, 08:32 AM
Dark makes the site look more professional I think. That's why I like it. Although there could be a more exciting banner like the ones for Evonature and Bronzecastle.

aesculus
03-20-07, 01:26 PM
Evonature. I guess it just looks like its supposed to be related to the world of Althanas. And personally more inspirational for writing (coughanddrawingwheni'mcoughnothere). If Dark was like this one I would have voted.

Kyrie Phra Davara
03-21-07, 11:52 AM
I've been using the Dark, smaller print is sooo much nicer ^^ But I like the bronzecastle too, so I'm testing it out :)

Sirrus
08-26-07, 07:32 PM
Bronzecastle is my favourite. Dark is too... well, dark, and the others are too bright for me. I like me some earthtones.

Melancor
08-27-07, 11:53 PM
Bronzecastle. honetsly if I had found this forum witha ny other kind of skin I would't've taken it seriously.

Messenger
08-28-07, 04:50 AM
Most definitely Bronzecastle it just has this feeling unlike any other. The rest are just to bland for me and this really gives me a role-playing feel.

Justin
05-13-08, 09:48 AM
I love dark and devious styles, and the dark style fits perfectly...

Leareth
05-13-08, 10:16 AM
Bronzecastle. The contrast on dark kills my eyes, and Evonature is too bright.

Isalidi
06-09-08, 10:54 PM
I like the Bronze Castle, though I'm also rather partial to the Dark. As a general rule, I use the castle, because it's easiest on the eyes, and rather relaxing as well (relaxation is something that I consider absolutely critical to good writing). All the others (particularly vB and Evonature) just hurt my eyes.

(Wait... those are the only four I have...?)

Winterhair
06-09-08, 10:57 PM
Dark. I've always used it. The other versions just irritate me, for some reason.

Saxon
06-10-08, 09:42 AM
Bronzecastle, but dark is cool too.

Xos
06-12-08, 08:18 PM
I don't why but I really like the default blue. Am I strange?

The Bloody Son
06-16-08, 10:45 AM
Hnm.
I'm a freak for orange typically, so when I saw Dark Orange I jumped at it.
But then I was terrified and I ran for my life.

It's small. It's cluttered. It's too busy. And it's hideous. D:
No offense?

Evonature is too small. I don't like the 600px width. If it was 800 or 850, it'd look a lot better, but it's a clean, speed load.

Bronze Castle is what I'm using. It's the only wide forum. <3 Decent colors.

Slayer of the Rot
06-16-08, 10:50 AM
Dark is the only way to go.

The Bloody Son
06-16-08, 11:12 AM

If Dark was 800px, I'd use it.

Winterhair
06-16-08, 05:39 PM

Agreed.

Destrudo
06-16-08, 05:54 PM
No, no, no. The default forum skin is best, and yes I'm completly serious here.

Evonature is too bright, bronze castle is to, dirty, for lack of a better word, and Dark is too, well, dark. Default is the only one I've found that does not completly fail in one way or another.

MetalDrago
06-16-08, 07:50 PM
Bronzecastle all the way, baby! I'd use Dark, but it's too damn narrow... I have to squint to see anyone's posts (my own included).

Destrudo
06-16-08, 07:54 PM
Now if they had a red themed skin, then maybe. Bronzecastle is more brown and orange than red.

MetalDrago
06-16-08, 07:57 PM
Perhaps a red theme wouldn't be a bad idea... I'd use it over bronzecastle, at least... I just use it because it's not too bright (unlike the default, which blinds me to even look at) and not too small (unlike Dark, which makes my eyes hurt). Red, however, I would use, as long as the thing wasn't too small, which is again the only problem I have with Dark in the first place.

Destrudo
06-16-08, 08:21 PM
I hear ya, make it big enough for even those hard of seeing can use it. I can envision it now, blood running down the forums in the backround.
The online indicator could be an eyeball: closed when your off, open when your on. Let ther be some nerve bundles coming out the back of it.

Maybe the little button next to each forum indicating if it has posts or not could be a heart when there are no posts, a brain when there are posts. The post itself would be a lighter shade of red than the backround to the side, and the text would be defaulted to black.

At the top where the image is for the theme, instead of a castle, or a man in a hood, or a forest scene, there would be a bloody sword.

MetalDrago
06-16-08, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't mind a fire-and-ice setting, either... It'd be an interesting change

Taskmienster
06-16-08, 09:15 PM
The Beta "Dark Orange" is pretty nifty, but the logo for Althanas makes it look like a freeboard rp site... other than that I like it, though it wasn't a choice.

I used to use only bronzecastle (except for Ranger who used the evonature)

Breaker
06-16-08, 09:20 PM
I use evonature for Peacemaker and dark for all my other characters. The default white/blue and bronzecastle just make me want to log off the site.

Karuka
06-16-08, 09:26 PM
I tend to have different skins to let me tell my characters apart. Where in the World and Karuka get dark, since I like dark best and I'm almost always on Karuka, and Aly's a Drow, so it makes sense in my head.

I use Evonature for Seraphima, and I used Bronzecastle for Anila.

The Bloody Son
06-18-08, 12:21 PM
I like the Dark a lot, but I hate the like 400-500px. I like the wide-body forums for writing purposes.

Winterhair
06-18-08, 02:20 PM
Why? I use dark because I can see easier with it. With wide body forums its harder to see for me, especially when they are in lighter colors. Dark is perfect for me: compact, tight, and easy on the eyes. Just like my girlfriend! xD Anyways.

The Bloody Son
06-18-08, 09:27 PM
LLLLMMMAO. ;3 Mine too! ...errwait. o_o!

And I don't like Dark because I have a 24" Flat Panel and it looks lame as hell with a fixed 400px forum. Now if they changed it to 60% width instead of a fixed number, then I'd be happy as a clam. <3

Skie and Avery
06-28-08, 12:36 PM
I like the beta dark orange except for the logo at the top. It reminds me of a military poster fromback in the day. I usually use evonature because the darks look nice but hurt my eyes.

Winterhair
06-28-08, 04:06 PM
Question: How does dark hurt your eyes? I mean, I look at evonature and feel the urge to wear sunglasses inside, which is a wee bit ridiculous. But thats just me.

Skie and Avery
06-28-08, 09:33 PM
My eyes are special and accustomed to sunglasses.

Winterhair
06-28-08, 09:34 PM
Spethel you. c:
I tried out Dark Orange today. *shakes head* Still doesn't suit me. Dark's the only one that I use, still.

Skie and Avery
06-28-08, 09:34 PM
Exactly. Also, is your avatar of tits? They look like tits to me.

Winterhair
06-28-08, 09:36 PM
Yes. One giant set of huge, gi-normous, round set of milky white tits.
Anyways.

Heart of Zaga
07-02-08, 03:27 AM
I'm starting to like Evonature.

Crystal Suncrest
07-02-08, 08:33 AM
I like the beta dark orange except for the logo at the top.

Same here. I usually use Bronzecastle, though, Mainly because I'm too lazy to change it. If I weren't lazy I'd do both Dark and Beta orange before I touched Bronzecastle.

Paris
07-02-08, 06:22 PM
I think I am permanently switching to Evonature.

Elrundir
07-02-08, 06:59 PM
I've used Evonature for about as long as it's been around, but remembering this thread, I tried the other ones. Most of which are new to me. >>;; But I like Dark. And the Dark Orange was pretty nice, but something bugged me about it that I don't remember anymore. Anyway, I'm using dark now. Evonature is probably still my favourite.

EDIT: Owww. Nevermind. I'm back to Evonature. The white-text-on-black-background really hurts my eyes after a while.

Paris
07-02-08, 09:07 PM
Maybe if Bronzecastle was slimmer, but it's so freakin' wide...

Winterhair
07-02-08, 09:24 PM
I think I am permanently switching to Evonature.

Disowned.
Dark 4ever.

Sighter Tnailog
07-12-08, 11:43 PM
How in the world do you people use DARk? IT'S TERRIBLE.

Honestly, I like the size of evonature the best, as I think its squinching of the screen helps reduce the tendency among some (not pointing fingers) to write overly long paragraphs.

But I use Bronzecastle. It's closest to classic Tanthanas.

Winterhair
07-13-08, 12:08 AM

Honestly, I like the size of evonature the best, as I think its squinching of the screen helps reduce the tendency among some (not pointing fingers) to write overly long paragraphs.

Hey, that ten pages was a one time thing! >.<
I like dark because its easier on my eyes, I can see my writing better since I often work at night. I don't know, I like the slimness of it too.

Irene
07-13-08, 12:08 AM
I don't know how any of you can stand any of the skins. The default skin is by far the best of the lot. It's bright but not too bright like Evonature, it's dark, but not too dark like Dark and dark orange, and it doesn't remind me of sitting in a sandbox like bronzecastle does.

In short, it's the only acceptable skin of the lot.

Ashiakin
07-13-08, 01:10 AM
I love Dark for its width. Right now I'm using Bronze, but it's so annoyingly wide. It swallows paragraphs whole.

Thoracis
07-16-08, 01:14 PM
Word on the streets is that dark is all the rage...

The Bloody Son
07-16-08, 01:24 PM
I love Dark for its width. Right now I'm using Bronze, but it's so annoyingly wide. It swallows paragraphs whole.

I prefer the wide forums.
But then again, my primary monitor is a 24" widescreen.

Visla Eraclaire
07-30-08, 12:55 AM

I have to use Dark because the other color schemes make me sick to my stomach. I'm no huge goth freak who needs everything to be black, but the alternatives are just vile.

And it's a real shame too, because I have a 34" monitor and I'm only using about half of it, right in the middle, because of Dark's width.

Roith
09-17-08, 12:07 AM
Truthfully, it doesnt really matter to me. I can see the pro's and cons of most of them. I'm using bronzecastle because it was the default skin i started with, but Dark is easier to read with. However Bronze has more of a medieval feel that i think suits Althanas the best. I could grow partial to the beta dark orange too...cause its got the best of both.

Mage Hunter
09-23-08, 07:36 PM
I like my forums blacker than the blackest black!

(Dark)

Sorahn
09-23-08, 10:08 PM
I like my forums blacker than the blackest black!

(Dark)

times infinity.

Sorry couldn't let that quote go by without acknowledging the awesomeness.

hamnat
09-23-08, 11:34 PM
I find the dark skin helps me get the feel of Althanas: it's dark and painful like reality. Kinda morbid, I know, but that's how I feel about it. Also, I like the almost perfect contrast between the background and the text. It's loads easier to read text when it perfectly contrasts with the background. So, dark ftw!

Massacre
09-25-08, 07:57 AM
Yay for dark! I made the banner that is currently up for it. :)

Best skin ever!

Fotiadis110
10-09-08, 12:46 AM
I tried them all and i started on the default, bronze, and that made things merge and generally caused eye strain, the dark one on the other hand is dark enough to make it work and enough contrast to make it clear what is being said.

besides looking at a dark screen is better for your eyes.

Rith
10-09-08, 09:48 AM
Dark

Huntress
10-24-08, 06:16 PM
I prefer the Bronze Castle skin. I like the way the brown and tan blend in with each other. I think that it's also much better spaced out, however Evonature has a srerene feel to it...

I'm going to stick with Bronze Castle. It's not as cramped as the other skins.

Spooks
11-27-08, 11:01 AM
This Dark Orange skin is pretty cool.

noodleguy
12-09-08, 11:59 AM
I didn't even know there were different skins! I feel like such a newb. Ah well. You live and learn.

I like the Bronze Castle one, though...

ryuhasigawa
12-17-08, 02:22 PM
I like the bronze castle. I've checked out the others and it's the easiest to look at. ^^

Fitz
12-19-08, 03:13 PM
the others seem nice but I have to go for Bronze Castle as it's the only one that takes advantage of my wide screen.

Well I take that back default VB works too, but that's just boring.

noodleguy
12-19-08, 03:19 PM
Dark just hurts my eyes...as do all the others. Bronzecastle is by far the best.

Damion Shargath
12-22-08, 12:27 AM
I'll go with Dark. Occasionally Bronzecastle.

lPulse
12-27-08, 10:07 PM
Dark has the best overall appeal to these eyes- logically and subjectively.

Rebellion
12-31-08, 08:23 PM
Dark makes me touch myself.